fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts roku-amazon-tv-49-inch macbook pro amazon Blue-Yetti-USB-Mic 25-inch-lg-ultra-wide-monitor

Tyreek Hill under investigation for alleged battery

lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,835
Something involving his son

Comments

• wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,283
    oh god, i hope it's nothing. what the hell is wrong with these guys?
    D3: QB—Allen, BIGBEN, Mariota, Rudolph; RB—COHEN, EE, Gore, HENRY, McGuire, Samuels; WR—Amendola, Chark, Gallup, LANDRY, MILLER, Reynolds, Sutton, THOMAS, Washington; TE—BURTON, Jonnu, Shaheen; PK—ZUERLEIN; DEF—RAVENS. // D4: QB—Fitzpatrick, Rudolph, WATSON, Winston; RB—COHEN, CONNER, Edmonds, HOWARD, Jackson, Samuels; WR—ALLEN, Amendola, Cain, Chark, Dorsett, GOLLADAY, Harris, HILL, JEFFERY, MILLER, Perriman, Williams; TE—Gesicki, McDonald, OLSEN, Watson; PK—GOSTKOWSKI; DEF—RAMS.
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,795
    I knew this time bomb was about to go off.
    i JUST traded for him last year. FML. if he really broke his kid's arm he's done. dammit. wth.
    D3: QB—Allen, BIGBEN, Mariota, Rudolph; RB—COHEN, EE, Gore, HENRY, McGuire, Samuels; WR—Amendola, Chark, Gallup, LANDRY, MILLER, Reynolds, Sutton, THOMAS, Washington; TE—BURTON, Jonnu, Shaheen; PK—ZUERLEIN; DEF—RAVENS. // D4: QB—Fitzpatrick, Rudolph, WATSON, Winston; RB—COHEN, CONNER, Edmonds, HOWARD, Jackson, Samuels; WR—ALLEN, Amendola, Cain, Chark, Dorsett, GOLLADAY, Harris, HILL, JEFFERY, MILLER, Perriman, Williams; TE—Gesicki, McDonald, OLSEN, Watson; PK—GOSTKOWSKI; DEF—RAMS.
  • If AD got a starting gig back after what he did to his son, Tyreek will only get a 4 game suspension so the nfl can save face.

• IcemanIceman Posts: 4,217
    Here is the write up:

Tyreek Hill WR, Kansas City Chiefs
    Brooke Pryor and Steve Vockrodt of the Kansas City Star report Tyreek Hill is being investigated for alleged battery.

No charges have been filed as of Friday afternoon, though police in Overland Park are still investigating. Hill's son was reportedly injured in the alleged battery, suffering a broken arm. A police report obtained by the Kansas City Star was dated on Thursday, though it's unclear when the incident occurred. Hill's fiancee, Crystal Espinal, was mentioned in the report and has been in contact with police, according to the Star. Hill is no stranger to controversy. He was booted from Oklahoma State in 2014 following a domestic violence incident against Espinal, who was pregnant at the time. Hill later pled guilty to domestic assault and battery by strangulation. It's another PR nightmare for the Chiefs, who dealt with a similar incident involving Kareem Hunt last year. Even if Hill avoids charges, he could be facing a lengthy suspension, especially considering his sordid off-field history.
    Source: Kansas City Star
    Mar 15, 2019, 5:05 PM
    And further info:

Aggravating factors raise the stakes for Tyreek Hill, dramatically
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2019, 5:50 PM EDT
    Getty Images

The news that Tyreek Hill faces allegations of battery against his child is both shocking and concerning, especially if the child ended up with a broken arm caused by Hill. The circumstances could result in a very significant punishment for the player, in addition to whatever sanctions the criminal justice system may impose.

In 2014, after incidents involving Ray Rice, Greg Hardy, and Adrian Peterson, the NFL beefed up the Personal Conduct Policy, creating a baseline suspension of six game for any crimes of violence and creating conditions pursuant to which the league can impose a punishment exceeding six games, based on aggravating factors.

“Possible aggravating factors include, but are not limited to, a prior violation of the Personal Conduct Policy, similar misconduct before joining the NFL, violence involving a weapon, choking, repeated striking, or when an act is committed against a particularly vulnerable person, such as a child, a pregnant woman, or an elderly person, or where the act is committed in the presence of a child,” the Personal Conduct Policy explains, with emphasis added.

Apart from the fact that the victim of the alleged misconduct is a child (which constitutes an aggravating factor in and of itself), Hill’s past guilty plea to beating and choking his then-pregnant girlfriend would enhance the penalty even more. Because Hill did what he previously did before entering the NFL, he faced no punishment for it from the league office. That punishment would come now, if a violation is proven based on the new allegations.

Then there’s the question of whether the Chiefs will do to Hill what they did to Kareem Hunt, summarily severing ties with the player based on evidence of misconduct. In Hunt’s case, the Chiefs concluded that he had lied about his involvement in an incident that was later proven by video. In Hill’s case, it’s entirely possible that he was drafted and employed in 2016 under a clear understanding that one false move would get him cut.

Of course, if he’s cut, someone else inevitably will give him another second chance. And that will be a very real factor for the Chiefs to consider before making a final decision. If there’s no longer a place for him in Kansas City, one of the NFL’s other teams would find a way to hold its nose and look the other way to justify embracing arguably the hardest player to defend in the league.

For now, it will become impossible to defend Tyreek Hill as a person, if he did what he’s accused of doing. And if it’s true that he broke his child’s arm, the league office should consider protecting all 32 teams from the temptations of his talents by banishing him from the league
    And some more:

Police records show two recent reports of child abuse at Tyreek Hill’s address
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2019, 6:04 PM EDT
    Getty Images

The allegations against Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill have quickly become more significant, and troubling.

According to KCTV, authorities are investigating Hill for not one but two incidents of child abuse. The first happened on March 5, and the second occurred on Thursday, March 14.

The March 5 incident involved a call to police to investigate a report of child abuse or neglect. The case was closed three days later, with a decision not to prosecute.

The second report does not include Hill’s name, but he lives at the address listed on the police documents, and his fiancee’s name appears under a category described as “others involved.”

The Kansas City Star has reported that the second incident resulted in Hill’s three-year-old son suffering a broken arm.

Hill has yet to be charged with any crime.
  • ray9erdadray9erdad Posts: 162
    edited March 15
    Panic trade for another elite WR if someone will bite??
    I mean, if he broke a 3 year olds arm for ANY reason (even accidental butt whoopin time somehow?) He would be DONE right? How could any league financially and publicly support someone like that?
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,377
    If true, the hammer is coming.
    edited March 16
    Speak of the devil... was just offered Antonio Brown for Hill. Of course "waiting" is a double edge sword!......dammit Tyreek
  • GuinnessIsGoodForYouGuinnessIsGoodForYou Posts: 7,738
    edited March 16
    This looks really bad. I would probably take AB for Hill.

ray9erdad said:

Speak of the devil... was just offered Antonio Brown for Hill. Of course "waiting" is a double edge sword!......dammit Tyreek

take it
  • chaindog35chaindog35 Posts: 448
    Yeah, take AB
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,234
    Amazing how things change in a blink of an eye with these NFL idiots. Damage control at its best.
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    I accepted Antonio Brown and his 2nd rounder (16th overall) for Hill........ I feel sick. Gotta be one way or the complete other; totally cleared and I F'd up OR its genius... shall see. Atleast it's not a horrible player to have if all is well
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,835
    edited March 16
    I'm on the other side here... I think this all blows over, we find out Tyreek did not do anything wrong, especially break his kids arm.

IMO this is a HUGE buying opportunity
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,795
    The Police have been called to his house on 2 separate instances of child abuse. He is now married to his then girlfriend he choked and punched when she was pregnant with their child @ Ok St & he plead guilty and kicked off the team. I’m pretty sure this isn’t going to just blow over.
    edited March 16

The Police have been called to his house on 2 separate instances of child abuse. He is now married to his then girlfriend he choked and punched when she was pregnant with their child @ Ok St & he plead guilty and kicked off the team. I’m pretty sure this isn’t going to just blow over.

There is a lot more to this than what we're seeing. Assuming he's guilty because of his past is wrong.

The fact that the 1st calls case(and the only one with his name on it) is already closed with no charges or arrests or anything tells me it likely wasn't that bad if anything. Hell this one doesn't even have a victim listed, actually says their are 0 victims In this case. The police came to check on the situation and found litteraly nothing.

The 2nd case is just his wife listed not Tyreek... Does list child as the victim. Maybe his wife is the one abusing the child? Very possible. This one only lists a minor injury, not a broken bone or anything crazy that's being rumored(with no evidence).

So the only thing that actually has his name in it is the orginal call which was them just checking on a call and found nothing.. the 2nd call with the minor injury has his wife's name only on it and somehow it's Tyreek that did something and not his wife?. Everyone is always so quick to blame will have little to no evidence
    edited March 16
    Unfortunately in fantasy land there’s no time to play lawyer. The decision is to sell now or risk and go all in with a suspended indefinte player. I’d go with sell.

I think the buy low comes when he is in fact suspended indefinitely.
    edited March 16
    He posted a video of his child dancing yesterday so the son's arm clearly isn't broken..

In fantasy land selling based on rumors is how you lose. Buying low because of rumors is how you win.

His son did have a cast on his arm a month in a half ago so he clearly was the one that broke it... And somehow he broke it yesterday even though its already healed
    Sure, you win
    G_Men said:

Sure, you win

Considering Tyreek name isn't even listed on the police report.. yes, I do. Thanks
    You go ahead and buy cheap. If I had him, I would be selling if I could at a reasonable price. There is risk either way. That being said, I’m not giving a guy already convicted of beating his girlfriend the benefit of the doubt. There’s a lot of smoke on this one.

You go ahead and buy cheap. If I had him, I would be selling if I could at a reasonable price. There is risk either way. That being said, I’m not giving a guy already convicted of beating his girlfriend the benefit of the doubt. There’s a lot of smoke on this one.

Exactly.. either move is a risk. We’ve seen this with multiple players already, including Josh Gordon. He too had a good sell window at one point.
    FYI the broken arm news is from KC Star and ProFootballTalk, both of these places need to face legal action for defamation of character.

The broken arm rumor came from from a picture of his son with a cast on DURING THE PRO BOWL.. THE KC Star then did horrible reporting and said the second incident resulted in a broken arm even though the broken arm was a good 6 weeks eariler.. PFT then came out saying the KC Star is reporting he broke his arm and shoulder be bannished from the league.

Not only did Hill not break his kids arm(since you know, it's not broken) he was in San Diego when police were called so he couldn't have abused him and caused injury.
    Looking more into it, it seems a nurse isn't he one who called the 1st incident in(not confirmed) this could be something depending on what she saw/heard? If it's involving the broken arm I'm not sure why she would've waited over a month to call the police on it.

I'm not saying he's innocent, but am saying with what is out there right now there is nothing showing he has done any wrong in the situation. I personally believe this got way out of hand which happens when media starts reporting things with no proof or evidence and if you have the chance to get him cheap it's worth the risk IMO
    This all good news. Really hoping it's nothing. Not for my fantasy team, but for the kid.
    lukeb5301 said:

Looking more into it, it seems a nurse isn't he one who called the 1st incident in(not confirmed) this could be something depending on what she saw/heard? If it's involving the broken arm I'm not sure why she would've waited over a month to call the police on it.

I'm not saying he's innocent, but am saying with what is out there right now there is nothing showing he has done any wrong in the situation. I personally believe this got way out of hand which happens when media starts reporting things with no proof or evidence and if you have the chance to get him cheap it's worth the risk IMO

Luke - you seem to be ignoring the fact that either way, multiple sources are reporting that he is under investigation for an alleged battery. It’s an investigation. He may not be guilty of any wrongdoing in this case. That being said, I don’t give a guy who has been convicted of beating and choking his girlfriend the benefit of the doubt. I would sell, if I get a reasonable return or hold if I cannot. AB and a 2nd is a reasonable return. If you want to buy him and ignore the stories that have been published, that is your choice. Do we have all of the evidence? No. Is he being investigated? Yes he is. That is concerning no matter how you spin it.

lukeb5301 said:

Luke - you seem to be ignoring the fact that either way, multiple sources are reporting that he is under investigation for an alleged battery. It’s an investigation. He may not be guilty of any wrongdoing in this case. That being said, I don’t give a guy who has been convicted of beating and choking his girlfriend the benefit of the doubt. I would sell, if I get a reasonable return or hold if I cannot. AB and a 2nd is a reasonable return. If you want to buy him and ignore the stories that have been published, that is your choice. Do we have all of the evidence? No. Is he being investigated? Yes he is. That is concerning no matter how you spin it.
    Multiple sources are reporting he broke his kids arm the other day also, which has been proven to be wrong.

Even the police haven't said they are investigating him. All the police have said is "I can only confirm we received a report and an investigation is ongoing," they won't even say who they are investigating. So no your statement of him being investigated is not for sure yet 100%