fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts roku-amazon-tv-49-inch macbook pro amazon Blue-Yetti-USB-Mic 25-inch-lg-ultra-wide-monitor

Odell Beckham Jr traded to the Browns

Comments

• WTCMWTCM Posts: 9,967
    edited March 13
    For those thinking the Browns acquired a diva, perhaps. But he's now a very happy one. He will get paid with a nice long term guaranteed contract playing for a strong armed cool young QB. And more importantly.. Playing opposite his best friend from college. The Dawg pound is going to be lit on Sunday. This team will in fact compete for a playoff spot and yes even the divisional title.

Since arriving in Cleveland John Dorsey has hit on nearly every move he's made. Kudos to Sashi Brown and Scott Pioli set Dorsey up for success. GM of the year might be too early to say but he's been working his ass off to earn it. Adding the likes of Vernon Olivier at pass rush, long time solid DT Sheldon Richardson away from my Vikings, Pro bowl RB Kareem Hunt beside his already stellar draft pick Nick Chubb... I haven't even mentioned Callaway, Njoku and that stellar offensive line. Sure their defense is slightly lacking but Dorsesy will soon address that i assume. Expect a bunch of 33-30 games. Which can only bod well for us fantasy fans. These aren't your old Browns anymore
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Jintsfan66Jintsfan66 Posts: 315
    As a Giants fan I am torn, they are going to be brutal once again this year. I have no issue trading OBJ but cmon man you need to get more for him. Total miss by Gettlemen, SMH
    Team #1 QB - Watson, Ryan
    RB- L.Bell, McCoy, Mixon, Coleman, Morris, Ivory
    WR - Julio Jones, K. Allen, Landry, Woods, A. Callaway, K. Cole, Parker
    TE - Engram, Kittle
    K - Butker
    DEF - LAR

Taxi Squad: A. Miller, C. Kirk, Guice

Requirements: 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1 DEF, 1 PPR

• chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,471
    Does the 13 jersey belong to anybody currently on the Browns? I can see him sulking and dogging it if he doesn't get to wear his number of choice.
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, JonnuSmith
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, Baldwin, Parker, Hurns, Westbrook, Cole, R.Matthews / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
    Giants' current 2019 draft picks

Round 1: No. 6
    Round 1: No. 17
    Round 2: No. 37
    Round 3: No. 95
    Round 4: No. 108
    Round 4: No. 132
    Round 5: No. 142
    Round 5: No. 143
    Round 5: No. 171
    Round 6: No. 180
    Round 7: No. 232
    Round 7: No. 245

They better make good on at least 5 of them.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,414
    WTCM said:

For those thinking the Browns acquired a diva, perhaps. But he's now a very happy one. He will get paid with a nice long term guaranteed contract playing for a strong armed cool young QB. And more importantly.. Playing opposite his best friend from college. The Dawg pound is going to be lit on Sunday. This team will in fact compete for a playoff spot and yes even the divisional title.

Since arriving in Cleveland John Dorsey has hit on nearly every move he's made. GM of the year might be too early to say but he's been working his ass off to earn it. Adding the likes of Vernon Olivier at pass rush, long time solid DT Sheldon Richardson away from my Vikings, Pro bowl RB Kareem Hunt beside his already stellar draft pick Nick Chubb... I haven't even mentioned Callaway, Njoku and that stellar offensive line. Sure their defense is slightly lacking but Dorsesy will soon address that i assume. Expect a bunch of 33-30 games. Which can only bod well for us fantasy fans. These aren't your old Browns anymore

Just think how many games they tied or loss by three points. This move by the Browns was a impressive one to get over that hump they struggled with last year.
    As a Giant fan I’m glad to move on knowing full well we are rebuilding for the next few years and start spreading the money around after this year. We need a QB now and maybe this will be the next step in acquiring one by next year. Take your lumps now reload get younger and move forward.
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    edited March 13
  • As a Giants fan I am torn, they are going to be brutal once again this year. I have no issue trading OBJ but cmon man you need to get more for him. Total miss by Gettlemen, SMH

Steelers fan: "Hold my beer"
    12 Team PPR Dynasty
    QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex RB/WR/TE

Wentz,
    S Barkley, J Jacobs, C Carson, R Freeman
    AJ Brown, C Davis, T Hill, J Doctson, C Kupp, A Isabella, D Cain, A Callaway
    Kelce, V McDonald, Gesicki
    3 2020 1sts

As a Giants fan I am torn, they are going to be brutal once again this year. I have no issue trading OBJ but cmon man you need to get more for him. Total miss by Gettlemen, SMH

Oh the Steelers didn't do as bad as the Giants did. OBJ is 5 years younger than Brown. Bell was a stud but you have probowl replacements in Juju and Connor for the two. And best of all, the Steelers draft well. Just select an heir to Big Bens thrown this year.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,388
    WTCM said:

Oh the Steelers didn't do as bad as the Giants did. OBJ is 5 years younger than Brown. Bell was a stud but you have probowl replacements in Juju and Connor for the two. And best of all, the Steelers draft well. Just select an heir to Big Bens thrown this year.
    Rudolph or no?
    D3: QB—Allen, BIGBEN, Mariota, Rudolph; RB—COHEN, EE, Gore, HENRY, McGuire, Samuels; WR—Amendola, Chark, Gallup, LANDRY, MILLER, Reynolds, Sutton, THOMAS, Washington; TE—BURTON, Jonnu, Shaheen; PK—ZUERLEIN; DEF—RAVENS. // D4: QB—Fitzpatrick, Rudolph, WATSON, Winston; RB—COHEN, CONNER, Edmonds, HOWARD, Jackson, Samuels, Snell; WR—ALLEN, Amendola, Cain, Cobbs, GOLLADAY, Harris, HILL, JEFFERY, MILLER, Williams; TE—Gesicki, McDonald, OLSEN, Thomas; PK—GOSTKOWSKI; DEF—RAMS, Jags.
    Seems like a clone of Ben body wise. Not sure about accuracy and vision.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 7,731
    Worst trade lol - my Browns could make the Super Bowl comments over a month or so ago don’t look so silly now..
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    @geoffschwartz

"I hope ppl don’t think Odell is an actual distraction in the locker room because he proposed to a kicking net once. He’s loved in the locker room. Works his ass off. Keeps it loose in the locker room. Clearly an excellent playmaker. If he was traded for being a distraction. Yikes"
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,375
    WTCM said:
    LOL... Leave it to you Crapman to ask the burning questions!!!!!
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,375
    Smitty said:

Worst trade lol - my Browns could make the Super Bowl comments over a month or so ago don’t look so silly now..

You a Brown's fan @Smitty ??
  • WTCM said:
    LMAO - Not sure they thought that through. Maybe they should have taken more than 20 minutes to brainstorm!

• G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,415
    boobam13 said:

Sterling Sheppard anyone?

Yes. Engram
    lukeb5301 said:

G_Men said:

My only critique is them not getting rid of him earlier when he had more value.

Beckham will (continue) to be an injury prone, cancerous diva. I’ll never forget his dropped TDs on the big stage during the GB game.

Eli isn’t the best QB, but he’s certainly not the worst. I love the move. Get rid of the clown show, get draft picks, keep taking oline and build around Barkley. Giants are now in position to make a move for Kyler Murray perhaps? Maybe Josh Rosen for a 3rd. I’m all about the move. Good riddance!

Oh let’s not forget Peppers to replace Collins, without the silly contract he got in Washington:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    lukeb5301 said:

G_Men said:

My only critique is them not getting rid of him earlier when he had more value.

Beckham will (continue) to be an injury prone, cancerous diva. I’ll never forget his dropped TDs on the big stage during the GB game.

Eli isn’t the best QB, but he’s certainly not the worst. I love the move. Get rid of the clown show, get draft picks, keep taking oline and build around Barkley. Giants are now in position to make a move for Kyler Murray perhaps? Maybe Josh Rosen for a 3rd. I’m all about the move. Good riddance!

Oh let’s not forget Peppers to replace Collins, without the silly contract he got in Washington:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Says the guy still defending Josh Gordon..
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,415
    WTCM said:

G_Men said:

Also.. rumors are Russel Wilson may be interested in being a NYG next year. It’s quite possible they can be ready to make a run with him for a few years to come.

Oh there's another fairy that deserves the Giants. I'm sorry but I've never been a fan of Wilson the guy. Player wise he's as good as they come. But off the field the guy just seems so fake and scriped. When i see him i just get reminded of Tiger Woods
    Agreed. But he’s talented nonetheless. If we’re looking at character alone, Eli isn’t such a bad guy.
    WTCM said:

@geoffschwartz

"I hope ppl don’t think Odell is an actual distraction in the locker room because he proposed to a kicking net once. He’s loved in the locker room. Works his ass off. Keeps it loose in the locker room. Clearly an excellent playmaker. If he was traded for being a distraction. Yikes"

He's a cancer!
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, JonnuSmith
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, Baldwin, Parker, Hurns, Westbrook, Cole, R.Matthews / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald
    Eli actually is hilarious when it comes to making commercials.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:

WTCM said:

@geoffschwartz

He's a cancer!
    Well not according to his own former teammate.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

WTCM said:

@geoffschwartz

He's a cancer!
    Well not according to his own former teammate.
    In the words of my dear departed father, "Don't confuse me with the facts... my mind's made up!"

Sort of looks like Pop

lol
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • lol - good one @chuckeycharles

• BashmanBashman Posts: 261
    For selfish reasons, I'm a not sure how I feel about this trade. I've had Jarvis Landry on my team for several years and I was hoping that in year 2 with Mayfield, he'd get back to his 2017 production level.

But, he's certainly going to see fewer targets with OBJ on the team. On the other hand, OBJ will get so much attention that Landry should see better quality targets...So, maybe he gets better production and more than 4 TDs by avoiding the top DB and double coverage...& Chubb keeping he LBs honest?

He's my WR4...so, it doesn't hurt me too much...especially with the probable increase in production from my bench WR's: Godwin, Washington, Pettis, & Westbrook. I guess it's a good problem to have.

Back to the original post...I'm interested in watching the Browns for the first time in 54 years, so that's saying something.
    10 Team IDP/PPR Dynasty League (19 Keepers plus 4 Taxi Squad Players)  Start:  1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 2 DL, 3 LB, 2 DB - Must cut rosters down to 19 Active & 4 TS during the off-season
    QB:  Newton, Watson   RB:  David Johnson, Bell, Ingram, AP, K. Johnson,Ware, Zenner WR: Hopkins, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Landry, Cook, Pettis TE:  Kelce, Howard, Brate PK: TBD    DL:  Dunlap, Hunter, JPP LB:  Mosley, E. Kendricks, Alexander, Martinez, Woodyard, J.Brown, E. Lee DB: Collins, Adams, R. Douglas, M. Thomas 
    Taxi:  Westbrook (WR), C. Godwin (WR), Washington (WR), Edmonds(RB)
  • Bashman said:

Back to the original post...I'm interested in watching the Browns for the first time in 54 years, so that's saying something.

I'm sure there are a LOT of people saying the same thing this week!

• buffaloblizzardbuffaloblizzard Posts: 1,177
    Hands Eli a clip board.
    2017 NCAA sleeperu bracket winner. Changing lives one keystroke at a time.
  • wh0urdadywh0urdady Posts: 3,307
    So much for callaway
    QB: Cousins, Jackson Bortles, Dalton
    RB: Mixon, Hunt, Coleman, Ware, Breida
    WR: Julio, M Thomas, Golladay, DT, Crabtree, Agholor, Higgins , Moncrief
    TE: Gronk, Rudy, ASJ, Kittle
    DST: LA Rams

Taxi
    Guice
    Callaway
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,388
    Bashman said:

For selfish reasons, I'm a not sure how I feel about this trade. I've had Jarvis Landry on my team for several years and I was hoping that in year 2 with Mayfield, he'd get back to his 2017 production level.

But, he's certainly going to see fewer targets with OBJ on the team. On the other hand, OBJ will get so much attention that Landry should see better quality targets...So, maybe he gets better production and more than 4 TDs by avoiding the top DB and double coverage...& Chubb keeping he LBs honest?

He's my WR4...so, it doesn't hurt me too much...especially with the probable increase in production from my bench WR's: Godwin, Washington, Pettis, & Westbrook. I guess it's a good problem to have.

i just traded away drew brees for landry in a 16 team league. i feel good about his prospects moving forward. he should have more room to move even if he does get less targets. plenty of yards to be shared between him and obj.

• wh0urdady said:

So much for callaway

Yeah, that part really bummed me out!

• swampiesswampies Posts: 3,414
    wh0urdady said:

So much for callaway

This trade actually help me because I was on the bubble with him since a traded Landry already. More hyped about Njoku now having less attention on him.
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA