fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

Odell Beckham Jr traded to the Browns

WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,343
edited March 13 in News
The New York Giants have traded receiver Odell Beckham Jr. to the Cleveland Browns. Beckham Jr. traded to Browns for 1st-, 3rd-round picks, Jabrill Peppers

Jarvis Landry gets reunited with his college buddy OBJ. Baker mayfield is now a legit top 10 redraft QB and a top 5 dynasty QB.
I'm an asshole from:
Montreal, Canada  image
Also creator of this:

Comments

• SmittySmitty Posts: 8,059
    Well what do you know, Baker Mayfield (damnit I made him a bold prediction with all the content lately but had yet to write it up lol... I said a month ago CLE could make it to the Super Bowl 🏟.. hmm 🤔
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • Commence the Bandwagon Browns Fans...
    12 Team PPR Dynasty
    QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex RB/WR/TE

Wentz,
    S Barkley, J Jacobs, C Carson, R Freeman
    AJ Brown, C Davis, T Hill, J Doctson, C Kupp, A Isabella, D Cain, A Callaway
    Kelce, V McDonald, Gesicki
    3 2020 1sts

• I wonder if they gave us a 3rd and a 5th for him smh...
    12 Team PPR Dynasty
    QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex RB/WR/TE

Wentz,
    S Barkley, J Jacobs, C Carson, R Freeman
    AJ Brown, C Davis, T Hill, J Doctson, C Kupp, A Isabella, D Cain, A Callaway
    Kelce, V McDonald, Gesicki
    3 2020 1sts

• WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,343
    edited March 13

I wonder if they gave us a 3rd and a 5th for him smh...

Browns gave up their first-round pick - No. 17 overall - as well as their second third-round pick and safety Jabrill Peppers, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Not sure what the Giants are thinking. Sure they got more in return than the Steelers. But WRs like OBJ don't come along very often. Especially at his age. Barkley takes a slight hit but still a top two overall pick.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,550
    I think this helps Landy, and as an owner, that makes me happy. So wait...Browns got who—ODBJ, and Hunt?
    D3:
    QB—Roethlisberger, Mariota, Allen, Tannehill, Rudolph
    RB—EE, Cohen, Henry, EMcGuire, JSamuels, Pollard, Adams
    WR—MThomas, Diggs, Harry, Hardman, Zay, Amendola, Meredith, Chark
    TE—Burton, Doyle, Knox, Jonnu, Shaheen
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Winston, Fitzpatrick, Rudolph
    RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, CEdmonds, JJackson
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, CWilliams, Cain, Cobbs
    TE—Olsen, IThomas, Gesicki, McDonald
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags
  • fantasyislifefantasyislife Posts: 188
    Where does this rank Mayfield on redraft? I can’t name many QBs I’d rather have than him.
  • LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 1,026
    OBJ sees his value go from WR1 to WR1.
    10-team, non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE.
    2019 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Todd Gurley, RB Ezekiel Elliott, RB Dalvin Cook, RB Kerryon Johnson, WR Odell Beckham, WR Mike Evans, WR N'Keal Harry
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,749
    WTCM said:

Not sure what the Giants are thinking. Sure they got more in return than the Steelers. But WRs like OBJ don't come along very often. Especially at his age. Barkley takes a slight hit but still a top two overall pick.

Well the giants are thinking hey Mr Barkley you will be on your own this year. Thanks for playing. Cya Eli
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,499
    My Browns are making a run.... B) B)
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,749
    Iceman said:

My Browns are making a run.... B) B)

Yes they are.
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,463
    edited March 13
    My only critique is them not getting rid of him earlier when he had more value.

Beckham will (continue) to be an injury prone, cancerous diva. I’ll never forget his dropped TDs on the big stage during the GB game.

Eli isn’t the best QB, but he’s certainly not the worst. I love the move. Get rid of the clown show, get draft picks, keep taking oline and build around Barkley. Giants are now in position to make a move for Kyler Murray perhaps? Maybe Josh Rosen for a 3rd. I’m all about the move. Good riddance!

Oh let’s not forget Peppers to replace Collins, without the silly contract he got in Washington:

Antonio Callaway's value just took a nose dive....
    Sorry @G_Men but this was a step backwards for the Giants. Get rid of your very bad QB and build on your youth. But noooooo
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Iceman said:

Antonio Callaway's value just took a nose dive....

100% - unfortunately!

edited March 13
    WTCM said:

Sorry @G_Men but this was a step backwards for the Giants. Get rid of your very bad QB and build on your youth. But noooooo

I disagree.. Eli is just a placeholder for their next QB. Obviously not going anywhere with him.

I’d take a chance on Rosen for a 3rd or make a move to get Murray.

Seriously, I’m ecstatic to get rid of Beckham and eventually his cap space after this year. WR do not win SB. Beckham is a terrible influence and a locker room cancer. Keep building the oline !!

It is being reported that Browns are looking at Earl Thomas to replace Peppers.... another upgrade if it works out....
  • boobam13boobam13 Posts: 1,990
    Sterling Sheppard anyone?
    boobam13 said:

The forgotten new WR2 for fantasy owners. He should post strong numbers, if Eli can find him in time.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Also.. rumors are Russel Wilson may be interested in being a NYG next year. It’s quite possible they can be ready to make a run with him for a few years to come.
  • fantasyislifefantasyislife Posts: 188
    This must mean the Giants are going to tank 2019 to land either Lawrence or Tua next year. They know they can’t tank it with ODB’s personality and short temper. But, I still would have guessed they could have received more than what Cleveland dished out.
    edited March 13
    As per Ian Rappport:

“Odell Beckham Jr saw Antonio Brown receive added money without adding New Years upon being traded to the #Raiders. My understanding is Odell wants the same thing from the #Browns.”

Good luck, Cleveland!
    boobam13 said:

Yes. Engram ain’t no slouch either!
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,891
    G_Men said:

My only critique is them not getting rid of him earlier when he had more value.

Beckham will (continue) to be an injury prone, cancerous diva. I’ll never forget his dropped TDs on the big stage during the GB game.

Eli isn’t the best QB, but he’s certainly not the worst. I love the move. Get rid of the clown show, get draft picks, keep taking oline and build around Barkley. Giants are now in position to make a move for Kyler Murray perhaps? Maybe Josh Rosen for a 3rd. I’m all about the move. Good riddance!

Oh let’s not forget Peppers to replace Collins, without the silly contract he got in Washington:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,365
    I get hopeful.... I get trying to be optimistic.. I get putting trust in teams u like..... I also get trying to remove headaches on teams... What I don't get is how if your a giants fan u look at this trade and say, "we did pretty good here." u didn't do anything good except remove a character that came with a bunch of baggage...in today's age damn near all athletes come with baggage... Beckham was a draw... U replaced ed him with nothing of marketable value.... Just my humble opinion...
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,365
    Mayfield and Beckham have a chance to be special...
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,725
    Hopefully Beckham doesn't taint Mayfield. Beckham is a parriah at best
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster, A.Miller / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, M.Andrews
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 8,059
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    G_Men said:

Also.. rumors are Russel Wilson may be interested in being a NYG next year. It’s quite possible they can be ready to make a run with him for a few years to come.

Oh there's another fairy that deserves the Giants. I'm sorry but I've never been a fan of Wilson the guy. Player wise he's as good as they come. But off the field the guy just seems so fake and scriped. When i see him i just get reminded of Tiger Woods
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,446

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • chaindog35chaindog35 Posts: 449
    David Gettleman deserves to be fired. The Giants are so poorly run. They’re not as bad as the Bengals because at least they have a GM, but man. They got fleeced. Peppers is not that good. He’s mediocre at best. And those picks won’t replace OBJ. I would be sulking if I were a Giants fan (I’m way past sulking because I’ve been a Bengals fan for 30+ years).