fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

2019 NFL Rookie RB Discussion

Comments

• icemicicemic Posts: 225

40 times gonna start trickling in... Not a good time for the henderson... I will say he looks faster than his time

DARRELL HENDERSON
    RB, MEMPHIS TIGERS

Memphis RB Darrell Henderson ran the 40-yard dash in an unofficial 4.53 seconds at the NFL Scouting Combine.
    Henderson (5'8/208) was the king of the breakaway run during his time at Memphis -- he averaged 8.9 YPC each of the past two seasons -- but his run at the combine failed to move the needle much. We were hoping to see a little bit of a faster sprint, in all honesty. The Tigers back is more than just a speed merchant (he is deceptively physical), but that's supposed to be his special sauce. Even without his lighting the track on fire on Friday, Henderson remains likely to come off the board at some point on Day 2.

SOURCE: Josh Norris on Twitter
    Mar 1, 2019, 8:32 AM

He fixed that with his second time....4.36!!!!!
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,577
    Much better
    Smaller 200 lb rbs are starting to more openly accepted... Less power but more versatile and faster... Problem is these 40 times aren't showing that.... Hard to take anything out of these horrible times... I guess Damien Harris solidified himself as a top 5 rb.... He may jump to my #3 after Singletary ran 4.6 both times
    My personal fluctuating up to minute rankings

Josh jacobs
    David Montgomery
    Damien Harris
    Darrell henderson
    Devin Singletary
    Elijah Holyfield
    My gut says miles sanders makes my top 5 pretty quick
    Never heard of "speed scores" but it seems like something smart people like us can quote in debate and look smart... I'm assuming it takes your 40 time and sleeping habits while mixing in weight and protein intake.... Either way here is the 2019 speed scores

https://mobile.twitter.com/danpizzuta/status/1101582384296808448?s=21
    I may have been sleeping on Mike weber.. Had an outstanding day... May have moved himself up a round or two in real draft

https://www.landgrantholyland.com/2019/3/1/18245764/ohio-state-running-back-mike-weber-2019-nfl-combine
    Nfl.com got in game and has a nice interface when trying to disect combine numbers

http://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker#day=friday

• LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 1,026
    Today was a shocker for Singletary. He run much slower than I expected.
    10-team, non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE.
    2019 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Todd Gurley, RB Ezekiel Elliott, RB Dalvin Cook, RB Kerryon Johnson, WR Odell Beckham, WR Mike Evans, WR N'Keal Harry
    edited March 2
    I realize this is in shorts and no pads but u can still see ability... Having said that... I'm moving down my personal rankings on:

Devin Singletary....stopwatch times aren't the end all... But... Watch his feet.... They seemed slow to me... He led the world in yards after contact so shorts don't help his strength he just seemed off.

Lj Scott.. Looks like a linebacker and runs like one also... Looked goofy..slow feet.... I know godfather likes him but I have a tough time seeing him being successful at the next level...

Elijah Holyfield.. Absolute monster physically
    ..my issue is when he ran his feet just didn't seem to move... Thats a problem..
    Guys I'm moving up a notch in my personal rankings:

Miles sanders... Wow.. Looked the part for sure...plenty fast... Looked smooth in cone drill and catching the ball.

Damien Harris...looked big... Strong... Hard cuts.... And plenty quick

Mike weber... This guy wasnt even on my radar at all... Great showing... Looks to have the tools to be an NFL rb
  • LinebackerLinebacker Posts: 15
    Singletarys numbers shocked me today. Not his 40 time, but his 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle! I thought he would crush those drills.

Singletary
    20 shuttle - 4.40
    3 cone- 7.32

(By comparison)
    Benny Snell
    20 shuttle- 4.33
    3 cone- 7.07

Both ran 4.66 40’s
  • LinebackerLinebacker Posts: 15
    Besides Sanders, Harris and Weber, I was intrigued by Alex Barnes. Need to watch more tape on him
  • chaindog35chaindog35 Posts: 474
    The mid round (3-5) guys impressed me like Barnes and Weber. Jacobs remains my #1 because he didn’t run and therefore didn’t show a bad time. Singletary’s times are troubling. 4.66 forty time is bad for a rb. Especially a smaller rb. Henderson had a nice showing. Really makes me think 1.1 is Jacobs and then there is a drop before I’d take another RB. This makes me want to trade out of 1.2.
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,807

The mid round (3-5) guys impressed me like Barnes and Weber. Jacobs remains my #1 because he didn’t run and therefore didn’t show a bad time. Singletary’s times are troubling. 4.66 forty time is bad for a rb. Especially a smaller rb. Henderson had a nice showing. Really makes me think 1.1 is Jacobs and then there is a drop before I’d take another RB. This makes me want to trade out of 1.2.

Or take whatever WR emerges.
    D3:
    QB—Roethlisberger, Mariota, Allen, Tannehill, Rudolph
    RB—EE, Cohen, Henry, EMcGuire, JSamuels, Pollard, Adams
    WR—MThomas, Diggs, Harry, Hardman, Zay, Amendola, Meredith, Chark
    TE—Burton, Doyle, Knox, Jonnu, Shaheen
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Winston, Fitzpatrick
    RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, CEdmonds, JJackson
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, Cain, Dorsett, Perriman
    TE—Olsen, IThomas, Gesicki, McDonald, Waller
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags
    Says January but they just updated after combine results... First rankings I've seen miles Sanders top 5

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2019-rookie-rb-rankings/
  • wow - that hurt Singletary's stock! Which is actually fine by me - that just means I'll be able to get him much later!

• XXXQB12XXXQB12 Posts: 232
    Thanks Farfromhome, great reads and good information for when I make my draft lists.
  • Never heard of "speed scores" but it seems like something smart people like us can quote in debate and look smart... I'm assuming it takes your 40 time and sleeping habits while mixing in weight and protein intake.... Either way here is the 2019 speed scores

https://mobile.twitter.com/danpizzuta/status/1101582384296808448?s=21

Christine Michael pundits would harp on his elite speed score.
  • PDTDTPDTDT Posts: 628
    With rather pedestrian RB combine results and no real stand-out elite talent, the draft and landing spot seem to be the x factor.
    Cousins, Dalton
    DJohnson, DCook, JHoward
    AJGreen, DHop, SDiggs
    DNjoku
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,885
    PDTDT said:

With rather pedestrian RB combine results and no real stand-out elite talent, the draft and landing spot seem to be the x factor.

Great year for IDP leagues though...
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,749
    WTCM said:

PDTDT said:

Hmmm you suggesting you may want to play in an IDP league there Crapman??? :) :)
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,885
    Iceman said:

WTCM said:

PDTDT said:

Hmmm you suggesting you may want to play in an IDP league there Crapman??? :) :)
    Naw buddy, I'm too busy chasing the little one around to tackle a new dimension of fantasy football lol.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this: