fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

2019 NFL Rookie RB Discussion

Comments

• farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,588
    Just downright silly stat

DEVIN SINGLETARY
    RB, FLORIDA ATLANTIC OWLS

Pro Football Focus notes that FAU RB Devin Singletary ran for 1,027 yards after contact.
    Let's put this in perspective. Last year, Virginia RB Jordan Ellis was 57th in the NCAA in rushing with 1,026 yards. That means that Singletary ran for more yards after he was contacted than all but 56 players. Ridiculous. Singletary has concerns because of his size, but the 5-foot-9, 201-pound tailback can make them miss with the best of them, and he's someone you can't arm tackle. We're really excited to see how he performs in the combine.

SOURCE: PFF College on Twitter
    Feb 19, 2019, 1:23 PM
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 8,391
    Some much needed updates to the rookie RB rankings.

Henderson moved up, Rodney Anderson as well.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    Nice.... This year's rookie rb rankings wil change daily
  • Smitty said:

When will you do your next update???
  • Smitty said:

Smitty said:

I believe he means that he just did an update.

• Smitty said:

Smitty said:

I believe he means that he just did an update.
    Never mind - I just looked and there's nothing there at all. My bad!

• Why do people keep lining the Bears with top RBs? Don't they already have a solid two-headed monster with Howard and Cohen?

I agree... I think Jordan Howard is a dang good rb on a cheap contract... Yet people keep speculating they move on from him.... Him and Cohen are a great combo..
  • PDTDTPDTDT Posts: 630
    same, I owned Howard but now they have a slinger in Trubisky (ISH) so the divide and vulture aspect lessens his value
    Cousins, Dalton
    DJohnson, DCook, JHoward
    AJGreen, DHop, SDiggs
    DNjoku
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,821

Why do people keep lining the Bears with top RBs? Don't they already have a solid two-headed monster with Howard and Cohen?
    I'm on a Bears board. There are a lot of people who think Howard is not elite, AND that he doesn't fit the offense. I thought it was a night lightning/thunder combo. Ideally they probably want one guy that can do it all, fit the scheme better. But I like what we have.
    D3:
    QB—Roethlisberger, Mariota, Allen, Tannehill, Rudolph
    RB—EE, Cohen, Henry, EMcGuire, JSamuels, Pollard, Adams
    WR—MThomas, Diggs, Harry, Hardman, Zay, Amendola, Meredith, Chark
    TE—Burton, Doyle, Knox, Jonnu, Shaheen
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Winston, Fitzpatrick
    RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, CEdmonds, JJackson
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, Cain, Dorsett, Perriman
    TE—Olsen, IThomas, Gesicki, McDonald, Waller
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags
    Like the below comparison

DAMIEN HARRIS
    RB, ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE

Rivals' Mike Farrell compared Alabama RB Damien Harris to New Orleans Saints RB Mark Ingram.
    Farrell also inferred that people were "sleeping" on Harris (5'11/215) as a prospect in the NFL draft. A comparison to Mark Ingram seems to be towards the top of Harris' range of potential in our opinion. Harris is currently viewed as Day 2 prospect and has fallen well behind former teammate Josh Jacobs who could be the first running back off the board in the NFL Draft. A strong performance at the combine could improve his draft significantly.

SOURCE: Mike Farrell on Twitter
    Feb 24, 2019, 9:44 AM

JOSHUA JACOBS
    RB, ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller called Alabama RB Joshua Jacobs "by far my favorite running back in this class."
    Miller put Jacobs (5'10/216) inside the top-5 on his big board and went on a podcast to further plant his flag on Jacobs as RB1. Jacobs brings anger to his runs, but he remains controlled in his movements, which gives makes him a threat as a runner and receiver. Miller also notes that Jacobs is a leader in the clubhouse and has zero injury history, which is very hard to find at this position. If Jacobs doesn't faceplant at the NFL Combine, it's likely that he will end up as the first running back off the board in the 2019 NFL Draft.

SOURCE: The Draft Board
    Feb 24, 2019, 1:24 PM

DAVID MONTGOMERY
    RB, IOWA STATE CYCLONES

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller compares Iowa State RB David Montgomery to Kareem Hunt.
    This is an on-field comparison to be clear, and it's not the first time we have heard this comp, as Philadelphia Eagles reporter Fran Duffy made the same one two weeks ago. Miller likes Montgomery's speed and ability to catch passes in today's NFL, but he showed a high-end ability to break tackles as well. In fact, Pro Football Focus credited Montgomery with the most missed tackles forced in the Big 12. While Montgomery is being praised by draft analysts, there has not been a lot of support for Montgomery as a Day 1 pick, so expect him to be drafted in Round 2.

SOURCE: The Draft Board
    Feb 24, 2019, 1:30
    Thanks, FFH.
    D3:
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags
    Josh Jacobs groin injury... Will limit his combine....

Josh Jacobs groin injury... Will limit his combine....

that sucks
    D3:
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags
  • If you’re already the top rated RB, why do anything in the combine and risk underwhelming? I don’t think he has anything to gain from participating.

Well... I kinda agree...but this year the gap between the #1 and #2 rb is as close as we have seen in a long time.. With a kick ass combine I could see someone like Montgomery being the #1 rb.... Hopefully Jacobs can be ready for his controlled environment pro day to solidify the spot....
  • PDTDTPDTDT Posts: 630
    ha, I heard Mayock from last year quote Mike Tomlin about overhearing an invitee state they weren't jumping, by choice, and Tomlin says something like, "Son, I flew a long way to see you do this, so do it or we're gone."
    Injury tho, is different story, and I get that.
    Cousins, Dalton
    DJohnson, DCook, JHoward
    AJGreen, DHop, SDiggs
    DNjoku
  • wh0urdadywh0urdady Posts: 3,391
    when you keep seeing all this rookie talk, and you don't have a 1st or a 2nd round pick this year :/
    QB: Cousins, Jackson Bortles, Dalton
    RB: Mixon, Hunt, Coleman, Ware, Breida
    WR: Julio, M Thomas, Golladay, DT, Crabtree, Agholor, Higgins , Moncrief
    TE: Gronk, Rudy, ASJ, Kittle
    DST: LA Rams

Taxi
    Guice
    Callaway
  • Some old numbers I found for Jacobs and Harris

— Returning players posted good numbers, too.
    Sophomore Josh Jacobs ran a 4.50 40, bench-pressed 405 pounds, squatted 500 pounds and had the top vertical jump on the team (35.5 inches).
    Junior Damien Harris ran the 40 in 4.51 seconds, benched 405 pounds and squatted 515 pounds. The 5-foot-11, 215-pound Kentucky native also recorded one of the top vertical jumps on the team (34.5 inches). His 10-foot broad jump was tied for the best among scholarship players that were tested.

• Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,497
    wh0urdady said:

when you keep seeing all this rookie talk, and you don't have a 1st or a 2nd round pick this year :/

Me too, in a bunch of leagues as I went trade happy recently.... so be it, we got players already for those picks and hopefully like what ya got!
    PDTDT said:

ha, I heard Mayock from last year quote Mike Tomlin about overhearing an invitee state they weren't jumping, by choice, and Tomlin says something like, "Son, I flew a long way to see you do this, so do it or we're gone."
    Injury tho, is different story, and I get that.

HA ha... We flew a long way