fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2018 fantasy football articles, predictions, sleepers fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

Due to upgrades, you MAY need to RESET YOUR PASSWORD in order to login. Email Me if having issues!

2019 NFL Rookie RB Discussion

13»

Comments

• LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 973
    Metcalf is really impressive. Recent rookie WR output will temper expectations, but DK has it all.
    10-team, non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE.
    2019 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Todd Gurley, RB Ezekiel Elliott, RB Dalvin Cook, RB Kerryon Johnson, WR Odell Beckham, WR Keenan Allen, WR Mike Evans, WR Courtland Sutton
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 694
    Devin Singletary - RB - Owls
    Bleacher Report's Matt Miller mocks FAU RB Devin Singletary to the middle of Round 3.

Just last week, The Athletic's Dane Brugler said he expects Singletary (5'9/201) "to go high" in the upcoming NFL Draft, but Miller's mock tells another story. The Florida Atlantic legend was the fourth back of the board -- Josh Jacobs, David Montgomery, and Damien Harris went earlier -- but that didn't happen until the 85th overall pick. After scoring 54 rushing touchdowns over the last two seasons, we'd expect Singletary to be selected sometime in Round 2.
    Source: Bleacher Report Feb 8 - 8:22 PM
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 694
    Benny Snell - RB - Wildcats
    Bleacher Report's Matt Miller mocked Kentucky RB Benny Snell to the end of Round 4.

Snell (5'11/223) is teetering on the Day 2/3 borderline, and we'll have a better feel for his landing spot after the 2019 NFL Combine. The Athletic's Dane Brugler has his worries about Snell's athleticism despite a ton of rushing production. Snell enters the combine with three consecutive 1,000-yard seasons, but he already has 737 carries under his belt.
    Source: Bleacher Report Feb 8 - 8:58 PM
  • Elijah Holyfield - RB - Bulldogs
    The Draft Network's Joe Marino believes "it's time" for Georgia RB Elijah Holyfield to be "mentioned as one of the top backs in the class."

Marino believes Holyfield is "the real deal" and believes he has a lot of traits that will make him successful in the NFL. Marino explains, "A masterful between the tackles runner, Holyfield does well to find creases and angle his frame to get through cracks while taking advantage of his low center of gravity and power to fight for every inch." His ability as a pure-runner will likely land him as an early-down running back for an NFL team.
    Source: The Draft Network Feb 10 - 11:28 AM
  • I really go back and forth on Henderson... Tape looks good....

Darrell Henderson - RB - Tigers
    Bleacher Report's Matt Miller compares Memphis RB Darrell Henderson to Falcons RB Tevin Coleman and 49ers RB Jerick Mckinnon.

Despite the somewhat favorable comparisons, Miller questions Henderson's size (5'9/200) and believes he has "questionable vision and not much power through contact." He does think Henderson's "explosive as a runner/receiver/returner" but is more of a complimentary back. Henderson exploded for a ridiculous 1,909 yards (8.9 YPC) and 22 touchdowns during the 2018 season and is likely a Day 2 selection.
    Source: Matt Miller on Twitter Feb 10 - 12:55 PM
  • Everybody loves this guy. Might have a use the first pick to get him when all is said and done...

Devin Singletary - RB - Owls
    NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah called FAU RB Devin Singletary the 2019 NFL Draft's "most elusive and quickest" running back.

The high praise continues to roll in for Singletary (5'9/201), who was said to have "LeSean McCoy type of upside" by The Athletic's Dane Brugler. Bleacher Report's Matt Miller also just called Singletary "very quick" and the numbers show that. As a junior, 1,027 of Singletary's 1,348 rushing yards (76%) came after he was touched, which led to 22 rushing touchdowns in 2018. While impressive, that's nothing to Singletary who scored 32 rushing touchdowns as a sophomore. As the buzz continues to grow, Singletary continues to cement himself as a late first or second-round pick.
    Source: NFL on Twitter Feb 10 - 5:00 PM
  • @Smitty way ahead of everyone as usual.

• Yep.... I was barely aware of the guy until the godfather started preaching... Now the world is aware... Ha ha
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 7,063
    Haha 😂 Well this is good as no love from the teams would not have him land to start. So it kinda sucks many are coming around but it’s kinda needed.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • Late 1st or Early 2nd round target for rookie drafts

Trayveon Williams - RB - Aggies
    Bleacher Report's Matt Miller mocked Texas A&M RB Trayveon Williams to Round 5.

Williams (5'9/200) appears to be sitting on the Day 2/3 borderline despite a record-setting 2018 season. As a junior, Williams set a Texas A&M record with 1,760 rushing yards on 271 carries (6.5 YPC). Williams also was utilized as a receiver, catching 27 passes for 278 yards. The problem Williams faces as an NFL running back is his smaller frame, but that wasn't a problem for him in his final collegiate season. If Williams does fall to Round 5, there is a lot of room for a big return on investment.
    Source: Bleacher Report Feb 11 - 6:37
  • Geez, all these great write-ups on this year's RBs is making this look like a much stronger RB class than I believe it actually is.

• SmittySmitty Posts: 7,063
    B)
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • First rankings I've seen that has Devin Singletary ahead of Jacobs...and so it begins

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-draft-ranking-all-25-rbs-to-know-from-devin-singletary-to-mike-weber/
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,770

Geez, all these great write-ups on this year's RBs is making this look like a much stronger RB class than I believe it actually is.

I'm with ya. There will be a couple of players that pan out IMO but I'm still not overly impressed with the class. I feel like it's primarily situational role players on the offensive side this year, maybe a couple of legitimate weekly starters. Writers have to put something forward, and without there being any stand out elite players they're hitting on all of them, lol.
  • Zero rb1
    elite talent... But... A crapful of hopeful rb2 type guys
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,152
    Jacobs, Singletary, and Montgomery. That's who is on my radar. Guess it depends on where they land now.
    D3: QB—Allen, Roethlisberger, Rudolph, TRUBISKY; RB—COHEN, Gore, HENRY, HOWARD, McGuire, Samuels; WR—Amendola, Chark, Gallup, LANDRY, MILLER, Reynolds, Sutton, THOMAS, Washington; TE—BURTON, Hurst, Shaheen; PK—ZUERLEIN; DEF—RAVENS. // D4: QB—Fitzpatrick, Rudolph, WATSON, Winston; RB—COHEN, CONNER, Edmonds, HOWARD, Jackson, Samuels; WR—ALLEN, Amendola, Cain, Chark, Dorsett, GOLLADAY, Harris, HILL, JEFFERY, MILLER, Perriman, Williams; TE—Gesicki, McDonald, OLSEN, Watson; PK—GOSTKOWSKI; DEF—RAMS.