fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

FA Signings / Contract extensions

Comments

• IcemanIceman Posts: 4,747
    Dee Ford LB, San Francisco 49ers
    49ers acquired OLB Dee Ford from the Chiefs in exchange for a 2020 second-round pick.

Ford and the 49ers have agreed to a multi-year extension, and Kansas City has now dealt its "franchise" player after slapping the tag on Ford last week. That the Chiefs were only able to get a 2020 second-rounder for Ford is a bit of a surprise, and they're now without both Ford and Justin Houston, who accounted for 22 sacks last season. Chris Jones is going to have to continue to wreak havoc on the inside, and sophomore Breeland Speaks should step into a larger role off the edge. New DC Steve Spagnuolo is switching the Chiefs to a 4-3 front and didn't think Ford was a good fit in that scheme.
    Related:

Kansas City Chiefs

Mar 12, 2019, 8:53 PM
    edited March 13
    LOL..... guess he is not a fan of the OBJ trade....

Breshad Perriman WR, Cleveland Browns
    The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot reports Breshad Perriman wants out of his one-year, $4 million contract with the Browns.

The Browns traded for Odell Beckham on Tuesday night, locking OBJ, Antonio Callaway, Jarvis Landry, and Rashard Higgins into the team's top-four receiver spots. Perriman sees the writing on the wall that he's not going to get much playing time. We'd guess the Browns will be fine letting Perriman out of the agreement.
    Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer
    Mar 12, 2019, 9:18 PM
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,885
    Iceman said:

LOL..... guess he is not a fan of the OBJ trade....

Breshad Perriman WR, Cleveland Browns
    The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot reports Breshad Perriman wants out of his one-year, $4 million contract with the Browns.
    Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer
    Mar 12, 2019, 9:18 PM

What a fool. Nobody will pay you Breshad. You suck.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Iceman said:

Cordarrelle Patterson WR, Chicago Bears
    Bears agree to terms with WR Cordarrelle Patterson, formerly of the Patriots, on a two-year, $10 million contract.

Patterson is another weapon for Matt Nagy to get his hands on, and he brings a needed veteran presence to a young offensive team. However, the Bears already have Allen Robinson, Taylor Gabriel, and Anthony Miller in place as receivers, so a lot of Patterson's value will come on kickoff returns. In 2018, the Bears were dead last in kickoff return average.
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Mar 12, 2019, 7:22 PM

He’s no Devin Hester, but he’s still an upgrade.

Iceman said:

Cordarrelle Patterson WR, Chicago Bears
    Bears agree to terms with WR Cordarrelle Patterson, formerly of the Patriots, on a two-year, $10 million contract.

Patterson is another weapon for Matt Nagy to get his hands on, and he brings a needed veteran presence to a young offensive team. However, the Bears already have Allen Robinson, Taylor Gabriel, and Anthony Miller in place as receivers, so a lot of Patterson's value will come on kickoff returns. In 2018, the Bears were dead last in kickoff return average.
    Mar 12, 2019, 7:22 PM

He’s no Devin Hester, but he’s still an upgrade.
    Absolutely, sorry to see him leave NE....
    Kevin Minter LB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Bucs re-signed LB Kevin Minter to a one-year contract.

Minter was with coach Bruce Arians and DC Todd Bowles in Arizona earlier in his career and will stick around to compete for a job in a linebacker corps that saw Kwon Alexander leave as a free agent for the 49ers.
    Mar 12, 2019, 10:07 PM
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,579
    Sounds like Bell going to the Jets for 52 million
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,577
    Now the rbs can start to fall into place....

Please let Jordan Howard land in Philly..... Signed Howard dynasty owner

Please let tevin coleman land in Tampa... Signed coleman owner

Amen
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 8,385
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    With Odell gone Evan Engram TE stock just went up again 👍
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • swampies said:

With Odell gone Evan Engram TE stock just went up again 👍

Good point!

Smitty said:

I don’t like it if I owned him. Jets is not where you want any player in fantasy to go to. Where will be Bell’s motivation? There not even a playoff team I don’t get it! Woody Johnson just wanted someone that would help sell seats this has nothing to do with anything else.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,577
    interesting under the radar moves is that the falcons signed two huge guards... I'm feeling a devonta freeman rebound year...
    LOL.... I don't want to play with Odell.... let me go to play with Mike Evans..... Perriman still will have no value.

Breshad Perriman WR, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Bucs agreed to terms with WR Breshad Perriman, formerly of the Browns, on a one-year, $4 million contract.

Perriman initially chose to re-sign with the Browns on the same one-year, $4 million pact, but after Cleveland pulled off its trade for Odell Beckham, Perriman wanted out. He wasn't going to be anything more than the No. 5 wideout in Cleveland and will now head to Tampa Bay to compete for a role in three-wide sets alongside Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. Perriman had his best string of pro games last year with Baker Mayfield and the Browns and is looking to build on it in a similar downfield passing game with Jameis Winston.
    Related:

Cleveland Browns

Mar 12, 2019, 10:49 PM
    Eric Rowe DB, Miami Dolphins
    Dolphins signed CB Eric Rowe, formerly of the Patriots, to a one-year contract.

Rowe will opt for comfort with Miami since new coach Brian Flores was his defensive play-caller in New England. Rowe missed much of last season with a groin injury. He'll compete for the starting job opposite Xavien Howard with the Dolphins.
    Related:

New England Patriots

Mar 13, 2019, 12:38 AM

interesting under the radar moves is that the falcons signed two huge guards... I'm feeling a devonta freeman rebound year...

Yep, more teams seem to be getting it, build from the inside out on both sides of the ball and your skill guys will be that much better.

Now the rbs can start to fall into place....

Please let Jordan Howard land in Philly..... Signed Howard dynasty owner

Please let tevin coleman land in Tampa... Signed coleman owner

Amen

LOL.... asking for divine intervention @farfromhome????
    You are all set @rabidbucfan ....

Cairo Santos K, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Bucs re-signed K Cairo Santos.

Santos latched on with the Bucs in November following a multi-week stint with the Rams. Across the two clubs, he made 14-of-18 field goals and 22-of-23 extra points. Santos doesn't have a big leg, but he's fairly accurate.
    Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter
    Mar 12, 2019, 10:55 PM
    Iceman said:

Santos latched on with the Bucs in November following a multi-week stint with the Rams. Across the two clubs, he made 14-of-18 field goals and 22-of-23 extra points. Santos doesn't have a big leg, but he's fairly accurate.

Massive upgrade from previous years
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Demetrius Harris TE, Cleveland Browns
    Browns agreed to terms with TE Demetrius Harris, formerly of the Chiefs, on a two-year contract.

GM John Dorsey was in Kansas City with Harris. The 6'7/230 tight end has definite skills but had been stuck behind Travis Kelce with the Chiefs. Unfortunately, he now appears to be going to Cleveland to play behind David Njoku. Harris caught a career-best three touchdowns last year while averaging 13.7 yards per catch. He should be a factor in the red zone.
    Related:

Kansas City Chiefs

Mar 13, 2019, 9:20 AM
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,210
    Iceman said:

LOL.... I don't want to play with Odell.... let me go to play with Mike Evans..... Perriman still will have no value.

Breshad Perriman WR, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Bucs agreed to terms with WR Breshad Perriman, formerly of the Browns, on a one-year, $4 million contract.

Perriman initially chose to re-sign with the Browns on the same one-year, $4 million pact, but after Cleveland pulled off its trade for Odell Beckham, Perriman wanted out. He wasn't going to be anything more than the No. 5 wideout in Cleveland and will now head to Tampa Bay to compete for a role in three-wide sets alongside Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. Perriman had his best string of pro games last year with Baker Mayfield and the Browns and is looking to build on it in a similar downfield passing game with Jameis Winston.
    Related:

Cleveland Browns

Mar 12, 2019, 10:49 PM

Fodder yeah Godwin
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,210
    Iceman said:

Out friggn standing
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
    edited March 13
    Browns keep diving into the pool! Signing former Chiefs TE Demetrius Harris to a 2 year deal.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Ravens starting to put that defense back together

Earl Thomas is heading to Baltimore
    Posted by Darin Gantt on March 13, 2019, 12:18 PM EDT
    Getty Images

Earl Thomas has a new home and a fat wallet, and the Ravens have a centerpiece of a defense again.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Ravens will sign the Seahawks safety to a four-year, $55 million deal which includes $32 million fully guaranteed at signing.

The deal includes $22 million to be paid out in the first nine months.

It’s a huge get for the Ravens, considering they’ve lost C.J. Mosley, Eric Weddle, Terrell Suggs and Za'Darius Smith already.

Thomas gives them the kind of cornerstone safety they’ve had in the past, and his deal continues a trend of top safeties getting paid for a change.
    Share this:
    Earl Thomas signing a 4 years $55 million deal with the Ravens!
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    edited March 13
    Mark Ingram signs a 3 year, 15 Mil deal with the Ravens!
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Back on the RB radar.....

Mark Ingram RB, Baltimore Ravens
    Ravens agreed to terms with RB Mark Ingram, formerly of the Saints, on a three-year, $15 million contract.

With the Saints turning to Latavius Murray as Alvin Kamara's sidekick, Ingram is now moving on after spending the first eight years of his career in New Orleans. For fantasy purposes, he couldn't have picked a better landing spot. The Ravens were the most run-heavy team in the league after Lamar Jackson's insertion under center, and Ingram figures to be walking into a floor of 16-20 touches per game. Alex Collins was already cut, so it shapes up as Ingram with Gus Edwards and Kenneth Dixon in the Ravens' backfield.
    Related:

New Orleans Saints

Mar 13, 2019, 12:29 PM

Jason McCourty DB, New England Patriots
    Patriots re-signed CB Jason McCourty to a two-year contract.

Acquired from the Browns in a late-round pick swap last March, McCourty proved to be a major piece of the Patriots' Super Bowl run. He appeared in all 16 games, picked off one pass, and graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 11 cover corner out of 123 qualifiers. McCourty will turn 32 in August and is obviously on his last legs in the NFL. But he should have at least another quality year in him.
    Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Mar 13, 2019, 12:46 PM
  • I guess I can drop my one Kenneth Dixon share now.

edited March 13
    This is a surprise...

Tyrod Taylor QB, Los Angeles Chargers
    Chargers agreed to terms with QB Tyrod Taylor, formerly of the Browns, on a two-year contract.

Taylor was linked to the Dolphins' bridge job, but he'll instead go link back up with coach Anthony Lynn, who coached him with the Bills, and be Philip Rivers' backup with the Bolts. Taylor was flat-out bad in three starts with the Browns last year before ceding the job to Baker Mayfield. Taylor turns 30 in August and is best-suited as a No. 2.
    Related:

Cleveland Browns

Mar 13, 2019, 12:53 PM