fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff (1pm EST) on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

FA Signings / Contract extensions

1235720

Comments

  • IcemanIceman Posts: 5,057
    Thomas Davis LB, Los Angeles Chargers
    Chargers agreed to terms with LB Thomas Davis, formerly of the Panthers.

    Davis had spent the entirety of his 14-year career with the Panthers, the team which made him the 14th overall pick of the 2005 draft, but they decided to move on this offseason. Unsurprisingly, Davis quickly found a new home with a team which should compete this season. Given the Chargers' depth chart, Davis could be asked to shoulder a big load.
    Related:

    Carolina Panthers

    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Mar 12, 2019, 11:02 AM
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 5,057
    I know I've said it before, worth saying again, cudos to the Steelers for how they have handled this very sad situation.... very classy, even with all the personnel issues they have had recently it hasn't changed them doing what they perceive as the right thing.

    Ryan Shazier LB, Pittsburgh Steelers
    Steelers announced Ryan Shazier's contract has been tolled into the 2019 NFL season.

    It means Shazier will stay with the Steelers making the veteran minimum and, most importantly for his recovery, continue to receive the NFL insurance plan. Like last year, the Steelers will stash Shazier on the reserve/PUP list once they are able to make the move. Shazier's football future remains up in the air, but this gives him a chance to keep working toward a return.
    Source: Steelers.com
    Mar 12, 2019, 11:18 AM
  • Iceman said:

    I know I've said it before, worth saying again, cudos to the Steelers for how they have handled this very sad situation.... very classy, even with all the personnel issues they have had recently it hasn't changed them doing what they perceive as the right thing.

    Ryan Shazier LB, Pittsburgh Steelers
    Steelers announced Ryan Shazier's contract has been tolled into the 2019 NFL season.

    It means Shazier will stay with the Steelers making the veteran minimum and, most importantly for his recovery, continue to receive the NFL insurance plan. Like last year, the Steelers will stash Shazier on the reserve/PUP list once they are able to make the move. Shazier's football future remains up in the air, but this gives him a chance to keep working toward a return.
    Source: Steelers.com
    Mar 12, 2019, 11:18 AM

    BRAVO!!!

    Follow him and his wife on Instagram....PURE LOVE

    LB Vince Williams got married this weekend, and Shazier was DANCING!!!

    A few weeks ago he posted a video of him JOGGING for a few seconds with his little boy...all this with his wife by his side...I wish all men could understand how much love there can be amongst a married couple, with ZERO reason for "side chicks."

    I am always hesitant to buy jerseys...I only own a Troy (obviously) and Ben jersey (given to me for free).

    I learned my lesson a long time ago when my first two jerseys were Kendrell Bell and Lamar Woodley...but there will be ZERO hesitation when funds become available to purchase a Shazier jersey....color rush of course (those are SICK!!!)
    12 Team PPR Dynasty
    QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex RB/WR/TE

    Wentz,
    S Barkley, J Jacobs, C Carson, R Freeman
    AJ Brown, C Davis, T Hill, J Doctson, C Kupp, A Isabella, D Cain, A Callaway
    Kelce, V McDonald, Gesicki
    3 2020 1sts

  • IcemanIceman Posts: 5,057
    Jordan Hicks LB, Arizona Cardinals
    Cardinals agreed to terms with LB Jordan Hicks, formerly of the Eagles, on a four-year, $36 million contract.

    According to Ian Rapoport, the contract includes a $12 million signing bonus and $20 million guaranteed. Hicks has been outstanding when healthy throughout his career, but he has played just 43 of a possible 64 games in four seasons. That injury history creates some risk, but Hicks should be able to live up to this contract and fill a big hole in the middle of Arizona's defense if he is able to stay on the field.
    Related:

    Philadelphia Eagles

    Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Mar 12, 2019, 12:08 PM
  • I agree with the rest - Bravo Steelers!!

  • IcemanIceman Posts: 5,057
    Latavius Murray RB, New Orleans Saints
    Saints agreed to terms with Latavius Murray, formerly of the Vikings, on a four-year, $14.4 million contract.

    This deal almost certainly means Mark Ingram is headed to a new team in free agency. Murray is not as good or versatile a weapon as Ingram, but he will be able to take some early-down work off Alvin Kamara and punch in touchdowns around the goal line. Ultimately, the Saints swapping Ingram for Murray is a boost to Kamara's fantasy value.
    Related:

    Minnesota Vikings

    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Mar 12, 2019, 12:13 PM
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 5,057
    Surprise, surprise...

    DeVante Parker WR, Miami Dolphins
    Dolphins re-signed DeVante Parker to a two-year, $13 million contract.

    The Dolphins have been expected to cut Parker all offseason with one reporter saying the receiver was "all but gone," but the new coaching staff has apparently decided to take a shot on the former first-round pick. Parker was scheduled to make $9.387 million under the terms of his fifth-year option. This new deal likely lowers that number with incentives to make up the difference.
    Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    Mar 12, 2019, 12:25 PM
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 5,057
    WTCM said:

    Iceman said:

    Jets have reworked the LB corp....

    Anthony Barr LB, New York Jets
    Jets agreed to terms with LB Anthony Barr, formerly of the Vikings.

    The Jets had been linked to Barr in the lead-up to free agency and they get a coveted pass rusher after missing out on Trey Flowers, who signed with the Lions. Barr was the No. 9 overall pick of the 2014 draft out of UCLA, where he was able to rush the quarterback and register 23.5 sacks over his final two seasons there. However, Minnesota used him as an off-ball 4-3 linebacker, severely capping his upside in the sack department. The Jets figure to unleash Barr and see if he has it in him to be a force off the edge. It fills a huge need for GM Mike Maccagnan, who has been looking for edge help for what seems like an eternity.
    Related:

    Minnesota Vikings

    Mar 11, 2019, 9:28 PM

    Hate to lose him. Decent LB, but not worth the amount of money. We have bigger issues to deal with


    Been wondering how much of this will happen.... looks like you got him back @WTCM


    Anthony Barr LB, Minnesota Vikings
    Vikings re-signed LB Anthony Barr.

    Barr was reportedly heading to the Jets, but he has had a change of heart. The Vikings are short on cap space, but they have clearly come up with the money to keep their biggest free agent in the fold. The Jets will now have to go back to the drawing board at pass rusher, where they were expected to use Barr.
    Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
    Mar 12, 2019, 12:47 PM
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 5,057

    John Brown WR, Buffalo Bills
    Bills agreed to terms with John Brown, formerly of the Ravens, on a three-year, $27 million contract.

    The deal includes a little over $10 million guaranteed. Despite his struggles to produce once Lamar Jackson took over, Brown rehabbed his value during his one year in Baltimore by staying healthy and producing a 34-601-4 line in nine games with Joe Flacco. The owner of a career 15-yards-per-catch average, Brown is a great fit with Josh Allen, although he will have to compete for deep targets with 2018 standout Robert Foster.
    Related:

    Baltimore Ravens

    Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter
    Mar 12, 2019, 12:40 PM
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 5,057
    2 Wrs for the Bills...

    Cole Beasley WR, Buffalo Bills
    Bills agreed to terms with Cole Beasley, formerly of the Cowboys, on a four-year, $29 million contract.

    Buffalo also added John Brown on Tuesday afternoon, remaking a receiver room which was in desperate need of an upgrade. Beasley should be just that in the slot and give Josh Allen a safety blanket in the middle of the field, although the offense and Allen's style could limit the targets Beasley ends up seeing.
    Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
    Mar 12, 2019, 12:55 PM
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 11,564
    Iceman said:

    WTCM said:

    Iceman said:

    Jets have reworked the LB corp....

    Anthony Barr LB, New York Jets
    Jets agreed to terms with LB Anthony Barr, formerly of the Vikings.

    The Jets had been linked to Barr in the lead-up to free agency and they get a coveted pass rusher after missing out on Trey Flowers, who signed with the Lions. Barr was the No. 9 overall pick of the 2014 draft out of UCLA, where he was able to rush the quarterback and register 23.5 sacks over his final two seasons there. However, Minnesota used him as an off-ball 4-3 linebacker, severely capping his upside in the sack department. The Jets figure to unleash Barr and see if he has it in him to be a force off the edge. It fills a huge need for GM Mike Maccagnan, who has been looking for edge help for what seems like an eternity.
    Related:

    Minnesota Vikings

    Mar 11, 2019, 9:28 PM

    Hate to lose him. Decent LB, but not worth the amount of money. We have bigger issues to deal with


    Been wondering how much of this will happen.... looks like you got him back @WTCM


    Anthony Barr LB, Minnesota Vikings
    Vikings re-signed LB Anthony Barr.

    Barr was reportedly heading to the Jets, but he has had a change of heart. The Vikings are short on cap space, but they have clearly come up with the money to keep their biggest free agent in the fold. The Jets will now have to go back to the drawing board at pass rusher, where they were expected to use Barr.
    Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
    Mar 12, 2019, 12:47 PM
    Yay!
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 11,564
    Cole Beasley leaving Dallas Cowboys to sign with Buffalo Bills.

    Cole Beasley appears to be the first Dallas Cowboys unrestricted free agent to find a new home. Beasley will join the Buffalo Bills on a four-year, $29 million contract, according to NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo.

    The deal averages $7.25 million a year with $14.4 million guaranteed.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,994
    Hearing rumors that Latavius Murray will be joining Kamara in NO and Ingram is needing a new home.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,994
    Not a rumor any more I guess.....

    Saints agreed to terms with Latavius Murray, formerly of the Vikings, on a four-year, $14.4 million contract.

    This deal almost certainly means Mark Ingram is headed to a new team in free agency. Murray is not as good or versatile a weapon as Ingram, but he will be able to take some early-down work off Alvin Kamara and punch in touchdowns around the goal line. Ultimately, the Saints swapping Ingram for Murray is a boost to Kamara's fantasy value.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,994
    WTCM said:

    Cole Beasley leaving Dallas Cowboys to sign with Buffalo Bills.

    Cole Beasley appears to be the first Dallas Cowboys unrestricted free agent to find a new home. Beasley will join the Buffalo Bills on a four-year, $29 million contract, according to NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo.

    The deal averages $7.25 million a year with $14.4 million guaranteed.

    I love this signing for my Bills.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 11,564
    Plenty of ding and dunk passes for Allen next year.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Iceman said:

    Latavius Murray RB, New Orleans Saints
    Saints agreed to terms with Latavius Murray, formerly of the Vikings, on a four-year, $14.4 million contract.

    This deal almost certainly means Mark Ingram is headed to a new team in free agency. Murray is not as good or versatile a weapon as Ingram, but he will be able to take some early-down work off Alvin Kamara and punch in touchdowns around the goal line. Ultimately, the Saints swapping Ingram for Murray is a boost to Kamara's fantasy value.
    Related:

    Minnesota Vikings

    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Mar 12, 2019, 12:13 PM

    I think this makes Kamara the clear 1.01

  • IcemanIceman Posts: 5,057
    Ty Nsekhe T, Buffalo Bills
    Bills agreed to terms with OL Ty Nsekhe on a two-year, $14.5 million contract with $7.7 million guaranteed.

    Nsekhe held his own filling in for Trent Williams the last two seasons. The former Texas State star has been a swingman for his career but should get a shot to start at right tackle in Buffalo. Nsekhe's signing means RT Jordan Mills likely won't be brought back.
    Mar 12, 2019, 2:12 PM
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,994
    WTCM said:

    Plenty of ding and dunk passes for Allen next year.

    Whatever helps him increase his accuracy works for me. :)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 11,564

    WTCM said:

    Plenty of ding and dunk passes for Allen next year.

    Whatever helps him increase his accuracy works for me. :)
    John Brown, Beasley, Jones and Foster make for a good receiving corps.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • tmoneytmoney Posts: 850
    Lions resign Zach Zenner to a 1 year deal.
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,994
    tmoney said:

    Lions resign Zach Zenner to a 1 year deal.

    Congrats @tmoney!! :tongue:
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,994
    WTCM said:

    WTCM said:

    Plenty of ding and dunk passes for Allen next year.

    Whatever helps him increase his accuracy works for me. :)
    John Brown, Beasley, Jones and Foster make for a good receiving corps.
    I hope they don't forget about Foster. :(
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • tmoneytmoney Posts: 850

    tmoney said:

    Lions resign Zach Zenner to a 1 year deal.

    Congrats @tmoney!! :tongue:
    As a Kerryon owner in 2 leagues this is good news...at least until they draft a RB.
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 8,540
    Great topic, keep it coming, U-Crew Nation!
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • tmoneytmoney Posts: 850
    Jets have reportedly given Leveon a deadline to sign. My guess is this is the best and perhaps only offer on the table, but it’s not worth the $14 mill he pissed away last year.
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 5,057
    Deone Bucannon LB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Bucs agreed to terms with LB Deone Bucannon, formerly of the Cardinals, on a one-year contract.

    Bucannon was a first-round pick of the Cardinals in 2014 when coach Bruce Arians and DC Todd Bowles were in the desert, so he's reuniting with his old coaches. Bucannon could slot right in as a replacement for LB Kwon Alexander, who left for a big payday with the 49ers this week. Bucannon simply didn't fit in coach Steve Wilks' defense in Arizona and wasn't used for long stretches.
    Related:

    Arizona Cardinals

    Mar 12, 2019, 4:58 PM
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 5,057
    Jamon Brown G, Atlanta Falcons
    Falcons agreed to terms with RG Jamon Brown, formerly of the Giants, on a three-year contract.

    Brown, 26, is expected to slide into the starting right guard spot with newly signed James Carpenter locking down left guard. The Falcons moves in free agency make Ryan Schraeder likely to be cut with Ty Sambrailo an option at right tackle. It's going to be a new look for Matt Ryan and company.
    Source: Zach Klein on Twitter
    Mar 12, 2019, 4:53 PM
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 5,057
    Breshad Perriman WR, Cleveland Browns
    Browns re-signed WR Breshad Perriman to a one-year, $4 million contract.

    After busting with the Ravens, Perriman showed some signs of life with the Browns in 2018, so this is a good re-signing for both parties. The Browns will almost certainly bring in more competition to the wide receiver group via the draft, but there's not a team that gives Perriman a better chance to break out as a situational deep threat than the Browns.
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Mar 12, 2019, 4:30 PM
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 5,057

    Matt Paradis C, Carolina Panthers
    Panthers agreed to terms with C Matt Paradis, formerly of the Broncos, on a three-year, $27 million contract.

    It's a big get for the Panthers, as Paradis was viewed as the top available center and comes at a cheaper rate -- $9 million per year -- than the Bills paid Mitch Morse, who got $11 million annually. Paradis is entering his age-30 season and coming off a lost season to a broken ankle. But Paradis consistently grades out as one of the league's top pivots. Longtime Panthers C Ryan Kalil is expected to end his playing career, so Paradis will step right in there.
    Related:

    Denver Broncos

    Mar 12, 2019, 4:28 PM
Sign In or Register to comment.