fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

FA Signings / Contract extensions

IcemanIceman Posts: 4,436
Need a place to keep up with this, Fitzy will start us off this year.

Comments

• IcemanIceman Posts: 4,436

Larry Fitzgerald - WR - Cardinals

Cardinals re-signed WR Larry Fitzgerald to a one-year contract.
    Fitzgerald was considering retirement but will be back for a 16th season to play his first under new coach Kliff Kingsbury. Fitzgerald will be 36 by Week 1 but showed he still has it this past season, even if his numbers were depressed in one of the league's worst offenses. Things should be much different in the desert this year, with a focus on offense and scoring points under Kingsbury.
    Source: azcardinals.com
    Jan 23 - 9:39 AM
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,575
    Thanks @Iceman

BTW... I just rewatched Top Gun last night. Pulled it out of my movie collection. STILL a good watch.
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, JonnuSmith
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
  • Thanks @Iceman

BTW... I just rewatched Top Gun last night. Pulled it out of my movie collection. STILL a good watch.

I worked on jets in the Navy back in the late 80s, that movie was our mantra! I need to see it again, it has been too long.

• Thanks @Iceman

They are currently filming Top Gun 2... I hope they don't do a bad job. Original is great
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,880
    Great movie. & IceMan was the best.

I’ve always loved that nickname. Since my old George Gervin poster from early 80’s. Posters back in the day were legit. I don’t see any like those ones anymore.
    Gervin...what a hell of a player he was!!!!
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 596
    edited January 24
    I don’t like this news. I was gonna keep Kirk thinking Fitz would leave and Rosen and Kirk would blossom but now that Fitz is still tops of the pecking order I’ll probably look to trade Kirk. I have Kirk, Ridley and DJ Moore - none of these guys look like they’ll be WR1 material anytime soon.
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,880
    Ill take my chances on DjMoore.

Not a big fam of Kirk (injury issues) but Fitz back another year doesn't hurt Kirks chances to shine. Id hang onto Kirk to see if the Fun N Gun offense of Kingsbury goes off.
  • Hmmm, I can use the Fitz signing to help me get Kirk cheap.

• HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 596
    edited January 25
    Resigning of Fitz is an indictment on Kirk. It’s the team saying “we don’t think you’re there yet.” Davante Adams made Jordy Nelson expendable. OBJ was the WR1 by the end of his first year. Gone are the days where you can wait 3 years for a WR to develop. These days you have to see it early on. I see Kirk as a Will Fuller type. Probably a high end WR2 but will never fully become WR1-worthy. We can all find a WR2 on waiver wire, the guys that win you a championship are the WR1’s. I won’t hesitate to move him if I can.

Adam Vinatieri - K - Colts

Colts re-signed K Adam Vinatieri to a one-year contract.
    The deal will be official sometime next week most likely. Vinatieri doinked a pair of kicks in the Wild Card loss to the Chiefs but remained one of the more trustworthy kickers in the league during the regular season, especially since he gets to kick at least nine games of the season in a dome environment.
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Jan 25 - 11:51 AM

Redford Jones - K - Bears

Bears signed K Redford Jones.
    He was among several kickers to try out for the Bears this week including Nick Folk, Josh Gable, Ernesto Lacayo, Austin MacGinnis and Blair Walsh. A three-year starter at Tulsa, Jones converted 50-of-67 field goal attempts for the Hurricane (74.6 percent) with a long of 51 yards. He'll compete with Cody Parkey, who is on thin ice after missing a potential go-ahead kick in the closing seconds of Chicago's playoff loss to Philadelphia.
    Source: Rich Campbell on Twitter
    Jan 25 - 4:52 PM

Bobby Massie - T - Bears

Bears re-signed RT Bobby Massie to a four-year contract.
    It's reportedly worth more than $8 million per year, making Massie one of the five highest-paid right tackles. 29-year-old Massie has spent the last three seasons in Chicago after spending his first four in Arizona. Massie received strong marks from Pro Football Focus for his pass blocking in 2018.
    Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Jan 26 - 6:43 PM
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,460
    Iceman said:

Redford Jones - K - Bears

Bears signed K Redford Jones.
    He was among several kickers to try out for the Bears this week including Nick Folk, Josh Gable, Ernesto Lacayo, Austin MacGinnis and Blair Walsh. A three-year starter at Tulsa, Jones converted 50-of-67 field goal attempts for the Hurricane (74.6 percent) with a long of 51 yards. He'll compete with Cody Parkey, who is on thin ice after missing a potential go-ahead kick in the closing seconds of Chicago's playoff loss to Philadelphia.
    Source: Rich Campbell on Twitter
    Jan 25 - 4:52 PM

Not sure what this really means. 74% isn't very good. I think they maybe draft one.
    D3:
    QB—Roethlisberger, Mariota, Allen, Tannehill, Rudolph
    RB—EE, Cohen, Henry, Gore, EMcGuire, JSamuels, Armstead, Adams, Lynch
    WR—MThomas, Landry, Miller, Hardman, Amendola, Meredith, Chark
    TE—Burton, TJH, Jonnu, Shaheen
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Winston, Fitzpatrick, Rudolph
    RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, CEdmonds, JJackson
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, CWilliams, Cain, Cobbs
    TE—Olsen, IThomas, Gesicki, McDonald
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags
    Colts had one of the most improved lines in the league last.... bodes well for Luck.

Mark Glowinski - G - Colts

Colts signed RG Mark Glowinski to a three-year, $18 million extension through 2021.
    The deal includes a $4.2 million signing bonus. Glowinski entered 2018 as a backup, but he took over as the starter at right guard in Week 6 and never looked back. This deal strongly suggests the Colts expect him to hold down that job moving forward. Glowinski will turn 27 in May.
    Jan 29 - 10:51 AM
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 7,897
    Nice @Iceman
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,597
    @Iceman great job keeping up with the news sir. Thanks
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,292
    Eagles took the Foles option for 20MM - its a one year option, and the Eagles now are more than likely doing a sign and trade (3rd round pick has been laid out as the price).

And in a nice side note the team and Foles have discussed places and coaches he'd want to play for... I think the Eagles are making another magnificent move here basically stealing a 3rd rounder for some team and still giving Foles significant freedom to help pick his landing spot. Foles knows he's getting 20MM and can re-sign a longer deal post trade, or decide to play the year for 20MM and have free agency in 2020.

This is another Howie Rosman smart deal for the team, at least its looking that way now. By restructuring FS McLeod yesterday, they were able to get cap space to pick up this option and will be alleviated 18MM of the 20MM cap space post trade.... Ballsy move, if a no trade happens, the team is on the hook, yet there is a clause in the old contract that Foles can also buy himself outr of the option year for 2MM - how did Howie know to put that clause in Foles contract a couple of years back when the team got him> seriously? Howie is turning into a fantastic GM!

As for Foles, this makes a lot of sense to him, as any restructure give him a bunch of leverage after a team trades away a 3rd round pick for him, and the Birds will most likely honor his wishes on what teams he'll go to....

Robert Alford - DB - Cardinals

Cardinals signed CB Robert Alford, formerly of the Falcons, to a three-year, $22.5 million contract.
    Per NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the deal includes a healthy $13.5 million guaranteed. Alford was released by Atlanta just two days ago. He remained an every-down player in 2018, but his play slipped from the previous few seasons. Alford also turned 30 in November. He is not an impact player, but the Cardinals have spent years trying to find a legitimate option to pair with Patrick Peterson. The money suggests the Cardinals have already slotted him in as just that.

Phillip Andersen - K - Buccaneers

Bucs signed K Phillip Andersen.
    Danish, Andersen arrives via the German Football League's Berlin Eagles. Andersen impressed the Bucs with a workout during Senior Bowl week. He is currently the only kicker on the Bucs' 90-man roster. It's an interesting story, though one that is unlikely to end with Andersen securing 2019 kicking duties. That being said, coach Bruce Arians has always been open to outside-the-box developments. Andersen's whole story can be found at the link.
    Source: buccaneers.com
    Feb 7 - 4:11 PM
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,597
    Iceman said:

Danish, Andersen arrives via the German Football League's Berlin Eagles. Andersen impressed the Bucs with a workout during Senior Bowl week. He is currently the only kicker on the Bucs' 90-man roster. It's an interesting story, though one that is unlikely to end with Andersen securing 2019 kicking duties. That being said, coach Bruce Arians has always been open to outside-the-box developments. Andersen's whole story can be found at the link.

The missing link
    Super Bowl bound baby
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • boobam13boobam13 Posts: 1,990
    Lots of kicker news - i guess they are people too

Iceman said:

The missing link
    Super Bowl bound baby
    No Doubt.... =) =)

Eric Reid - DB - Panthers

Panthers re-signed S Eric Reid to a three-year, $22 million contract.
    Obviously blackballed last offseason, Reid lingered on the open market until September. He almost immediately became an every-down player for the Panthers upon making his Carolina debut in Week 5, continuing his solid, if unspectacular, play from his 49ers days. Still only 27, Reid is a big hitter with positional versatility. He should remain a starter for several more seasons.
    Feb 11 - 1:17 PM
  • PDTDTPDTDT Posts: 570
    K Hunt signs with Cleveland.
    relatively old news but thought it should hit this thread.
    Cousins, Dalton
    DJohnson, DCook, JHoward
    AJGreen, DHop, SDiggs
    DNjoku
    PDTDT said:

K Hunt signs with Cleveland.
    relatively old news but thought it should hit this thread.

Yep!!!
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,292
    Not a free3 agent signing, but I just heard Flacco is going to the Broncos!

Good for everyone all around except Case Keenum - who wasn't the answer. Good for Balt, Denver, Flacco, Denver WRs (assuming Emmanuel Sanders can get healthy), Sutton should love Flacco's ability to drop the deep ball to him.

Charles Clay TE, Arizona Cardinals
    Cardinals signed Charles Clay, formerly of the Bills, to a one-year, $3.25 million contract.

The deal includes a $350,000 signing bonus. Just cut by the Bills on Friday, Clay joins a growing list of released veterans who have found a home in Arizona. New Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury did not routinely utilize tight ends in the passing game at Texas Tech, although Jace Amaro did have a big season playing under Kingsbury in Lubbock. Clay's addition could allow the Cardinals to use Ricky Seals-Jones as more of a receiver.
    Related:

Buffalo Bills

Feb 19, 2019, 12:08 PM
  • wh0urdadywh0urdady Posts: 3,307
    Interesting...I thought Clay was more of a receiver than a blocker also...I don't like the landing spot regardless.
    QB: Cousins, Jackson Bortles, Dalton
    RB: Mixon, Hunt, Coleman, Ware, Breida
    WR: Julio, M Thomas, Golladay, DT, Crabtree, Agholor, Higgins , Moncrief
    TE: Gronk, Rudy, ASJ, Kittle
    DST: LA Rams

Taxi
    Guice
    Callaway
    wh0urdady said:

Interesting...I thought Clay was more of a receiver than a blocker also...I don't like the landing spot regardless.

Agree with the caveat that I know very little about the coach and how he will use his players in the pro game.