fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts roku-amazon-tv-49-inch macbook pro amazon Blue-Yetti-USB-Mic 25-inch-lg-ultra-wide-monitor

Todd Gurley A Bust in 2019? (The Fantasy Football Show)

SmittySmitty Posts: 7,731
- Smitty
SleeperU.com

Comments

• Love your out of the box mind and definitely ahead of the curve thinking. Keep up the amazing work my man.
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 6,938
    Nice work Smitty!!
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 7,731
    Thx!
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 1,026
    Maybe? I suppose?

I wouldn't use playoff performance as an indicator, though. Give it a day or two after the Super Bowl, and we'll hear the Rams admit that he tore his MCL back towards the end of the regular season.
    10-team, non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE.
    2019 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Todd Gurley, RB Ezekiel Elliott, RB Dalvin Cook, RB Kerryon Johnson, WR Odell Beckham, WR Mike Evans, WR N'Keal Harry
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,414
    Might be a good time to trade for Chubb in dynasty before the scale tilts the other way
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,264
    I think he took a bit of an MCL on the knee as well.

This is certainly one side to seeing his career, there is another also - LaDanian Tomlinson, Edge, Faulk, Emmit, Walter Peyton, Frank Gore, Curtis Martin, The Bus, Dickerson, Dorsett, Thurman, and I'm thinking a few others.

What I'm saying is maybe Gurley just got a bit banged up and is not declining. TRhere have been a dozen backs or so to last a full 8-11 years at excellent production.

Will Gurley be one of those guys? who knows, but I'd not be selling him for less than a Barkley, Zeke +, Kamara +, DHop +

And I did sell Gurley a couple years ago for Zeke +, then sold Zeke for Kamara +
    And I'd love to have Gurley back in that league.... Special talent, strong back that might be able to take the pounding over 8 years..... Maybe!?!?
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,838
    Gurley tore his ACL @ Georgia.
    Good points on that some players have endured, and that's why it's not a certainty. Yep.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    Smitty said:

Good points on that some players have endured, and that's why it's not a certainty. Yep.

indeed, this kinda comes down to - "is he the next AP or LaDanian?" To each person to decide... He did have an ACL in college, but Frank Gore had two... Willis Magahee's knee exploded in his bowl game, and he had a very good career as a power back...

THis one's BOLD on BOLD my man, after looking at it again for a few days, I am now fenced
    Hawk12 said:

Smitty said:

indeed, this kinda comes down to - "is he the next AP or LaDanian?" To each person to decide... He did have an ACL in college, but Frank Gore had two... Willis Magahee's knee exploded in his bowl game, and he had a very good career as a power back...

THis one's BOLD on BOLD my man, after looking at it again for a few days, I am now fenced
    I hear ya. I am not 100% writing him off, but I'm saying this convo needs to be had. The Super Bowl will maybe reshape this topic in either direction!
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    Indeed it does, I looked closer and have seen him slow the last 4-5 games. My gut says (as I stated above) he took a knee injury (recent, not the ACL from college as noted above), and it was widely unreported so players don't tackle at it in his limited reps. CJA got a LOT of carries and did fine for a short term.... Gurley may return 100% and not show any wear, or was this the beginning of an overall beat down?

I'm thinking this should and will cause more debate all off season
  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 26
    One jarring hit could...........