fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2018 fantasy football articles, predictions, sleepers fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

Due to upgrades, you MAY need to RESET YOUR PASSWORD in order to login. Email Me if having issues!

TheFantasyFootballShow: Devin Singletary the #1 Rookie RB?

Subscribe to us after watching (or before :+1: please!)

- Smitty
SleeperU.com

Comments

• wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,109
    thanks. he's totally on my radar now. you're the second person to go "all in" on him. i'm feeling more and more that i have to take him with my 1.01 or 1.02 pick. who to take WITH him? not sure yet.
    D3: QB—Allen, Roethlisberger, Rudolph, TRUBISKY; RB—COHEN, Gore, HENRY, HOWARD, McGuire, Samuels; WR—Amendola, Chark, Gallup, LANDRY, MILLER, Reynolds, Sutton, THOMAS, Washington; TE—BURTON, Hurst, Shaheen; PK—ZUERLEIN; DEF—RAVENS. // D4: QB—Fitzpatrick, Rudolph, WATSON, Winston; RB—COHEN, CONNER, Edmonds, HOWARD, Jackson, Samuels; WR—ALLEN, Amendola, Cain, Chark, Dorsett, GOLLADAY, Harris, HILL, JEFFERY, MILLER, Perriman, Williams; TE—Gesicki, McDonald, OLSEN, Watson; PK—GOSTKOWSKI; DEF—RAMS.
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 6,867
    :+1:
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • georgegeorge Posts: 359
    Can he catch the ball?
    Yep. Much like Zeke if I had to compare.. underused as a receiver but will be solid
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    Where are the best places he could land? Where are the worst?

Teams that might need rbs—KC, HOU, PHI, BALT, OAK, NYJ, JAC...?
    D3: QB—Allen, Roethlisberger, Rudolph, TRUBISKY; RB—COHEN, Gore, HENRY, HOWARD, McGuire, Samuels; WR—Amendola, Chark, Gallup, LANDRY, MILLER, Reynolds, Sutton, THOMAS, Washington; TE—BURTON, Hurst, Shaheen; PK—ZUERLEIN; DEF—RAVENS. // D4: QB—Fitzpatrick, Rudolph, WATSON, Winston; RB—COHEN, CONNER, Edmonds, HOWARD, Jackson, Samuels; WR—ALLEN, Amendola, Cain, Chark, Dorsett, GOLLADAY, Harris, HILL, JEFFERY, MILLER, Perriman, Williams; TE—Gesicki, McDonald, OLSEN, Watson; PK—GOSTKOWSKI; DEF—RAMS.
  • Where are the best places he could land? Where are the worst?

Teams that might need rbs—KC, HOU, PHI, BALT, OAK, NYJ, JAC...?

Houston, Kansas City, Jacksonville, Baltimore all don't need to spend a early draft pick on a RB. I havnt taken time to think about teams that need one but those teams don't
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.
  • PDTDTPDTDT Posts: 520
    JETS?
    PACKERS?
    EAGLES?
    BILLS?
    TEXANS?
    some more immediate than others
    Cousins, Bradford
    JHoward, DCook, DMartin, Rawls, JCharles
    AJGreen, DHop, KBenjamin, CColeman
    TKelce
  • Second person to mention Houston. They have Foreman and Miller. Am I missing something? I dont see Texans needing to spend a top draft pick on a RB
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.

Second person to mention Houston. They have Foreman and Miller. Am I missing something? I dont see Texans needing to spend a top draft pick on a RB

Considering most backs will go the 40-80 range is it really spending all that much? Plus, if it’s an elite back, I would if I’m the coach.

- Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 516
    edited January 13
    Smitty said:

Second person to mention Houston. They have Foreman and Miller. Am I missing something? I dont see Texans needing to spend a top draft pick on a RB

Considering most backs will go the 40-80 range is it really spending all that much? Plus, if it’s an elite back, I would if I’m the coach.

You have two good running backs... I don't see Houston NEEDING a running back though to be listed as a team that needs a RB.
  • I agree, I don’t see Houston drafting an RB before the 3rd round.

Smitty said:

You have two good running backs... I don't see Houston NEEDING a running back though to be listed as a team that needs a RB.
    Well, honestly that all depends on how you view the RB you may be passing on. Adrian Peterson was passed on by 6 teams in the 2007 NFL Draft, some teams thinking "we have a good back or two"... NOt saying you're wrong @Doobie_Snacks , just that if you thought a guy in this draft was the next Zeke or AP, a good back like Miller and injury prone Foreman are irrelevant. So, to me, I'm taking it that you don't like these backs in 2019? If so, you aren't wrong or right, all opinions are awesome... but I think you're arguing a point from a different angle is all. If I'm any team other than the teams that have the top 7 ish RBs in the NFL, I take the best running back in the draft class in round 2 without hesitation. Like it's not even close.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    edited January 13
    Smitty said:

Smitty said:

Well, honestly that all depends on how you view the RB you may be passing on. Adrian Peterson was passed on by 6 teams in the 2007 NFL Draft, some teams thinking "we have a good back or two"... NOt saying you're wrong @Doobie_Snacks , just that if you thought a guy in this draft was the next Zeke or AP, a good back like Miller and injury prone Foreman are irrelevant. So, to me, I'm taking it that you don't like these backs in 2019? If so, you aren't wrong or right, all opinions are awesome... but I think you're arguing a point from a different angle is all. If I'm any team other than the teams that have the top 7 ish RBs in the NFL, I take the best running back in the draft class in round 2 without hesitation. Like it's not even close.
    We were listing teams that need a RB. You put Houston on that list? I'm not saying the Texans have their franchise RB and couldn't use an improvement and draft one. I actually think they will draft a RB this year. This years class is deep. I just don't consider them a team that should be listed as "need" at the RB position. Want? Yes. Need? No. They have bigger issues like the offensive line. I'd list that as a "need" for the Texans. They allowed 62 sacks.

Obviously if Texans think someone is the next AP you don't pass them up.

Edit to add what I consider Texans bigger issues are.

Offensive tackle, Interior offense line, safety, cornerback, tight end and edge rusher depending what happens with Clowney.
    I'd seen a few people say that HOU isn't in love with Miller. If Singletary is going to be EE, or Barkley, you take him. I didn't list CHI, but who knows what they will be like next year, keeping Cohen AND Howard? Scheme fit? Who knows.
    edited January 13
    @Smitty

I'd also like to add my comments are in regards to the topic of Devin Singletary as the #1 rookie running back and someone asking the landing spot for him. I can't see the first RB off the board falling to Texans at #54 and Texans are crazy not to address other needs like O line in the 1st round unless they feel he is the next AP and he is available to them in the 1st round. Perhaps some confusion in what you thought I was talking about.
    Gotcha!

Either way I like anyone’s take! Keep it coming!
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    edited January 13
    I never did answer what could be the best or worst landing spots. I just started talking about the teams that might draft the #1 RB. I don't see any of these teams landing the top RB and the best spots don't neccesserly need a RB. I just like what the top RB would add to the teams listed

Best spots: Kansas City, Indianapolis, Green Bay, Chicago
    Worst spots: Any team with franchise RB like Giants, Rams, Dallas, Carolina

Prediction: Eagles draft the first RB off the board
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,117

I never did answer what could be the best or worst landing spots. I just started talking about the teams that might draft the #1 RB. I don't see any of these teams landing the top RB and the best spots don't neccesserly need a RB. I just like what the top RB would add to the teams listed

Seriously, after all that you are gonna put KC whom has their 2019 starting playing like a beast right now pn your list, and Chi who has a two headed monster combo in the clubhouse right now as well? Both of those teams are in far better RB situations than Houston - far better.

Desperate RB needy teams:
    Eagles, Indy, NYJ, Bills, Ravens, Raiders, Redskins (unless you like a 34 year old primary RB), TB (looks like they whiffed in 2018 draft), SF (can't keep a RB healthy past 2-3 games, that is a problem....)

Maybe looking for replacement RB teams:
    maybe Green Bay (but they have a serviceable RBBC), Houston ( both their RBs are not reliable, Miller is aging with miles and Foreman is always hurt), ATL (Coleman will be gone and Freeman keeps getting banged up, they;ll be looking for depth and are a going to be better on O in 2019 IMO)

REAL TRUTH - I do not see one team taking a RB in round 1 this year, I see about 6-8 of them taking round 2-3 RBs and using them as starters and committee lead dogs though. I just listed 11 teams off the top of my head and prob missed one or two with contract RBs leaving...
  • PDTDTPDTDT Posts: 520
    I like Marlon Mack in Indy...not sure they need a RB and Redskins have Guice returning from ACL to consider.
    Raiders, hmmmmm
    Cousins, Bradford
    JHoward, DCook, DMartin, Rawls, JCharles
    AJGreen, DHop, KBenjamin, CColeman
    TKelce
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,117
    PDTDT said:

I like Marlon Mack in Indy...not sure they need a RB and Redskins have Guice returning from ACL to consider.
    Raiders, hmmmmm

Guice had infections and his knee is not healing right... Bad bad sign, do not get surgery in Washington, its like the third time a staff infection hit a player post surgery...
    I could see the Mack taking that job, thought he would 2 years back, maybe hes a late bloomer
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,734
    Hawk12 said:

PDTDT said:

Raiders, hmmmmm

Guice had infections and his knee is not healing right... Bad bad sign, do not get surgery in Washington, its like the third time a staff infection hit a player post surgery...
    I could see the Mack taking that job, thought he would 2 years back, maybe hes a late bloomer
    I could be wrong, but I feel like he's already taken that mantle. Not saying the Colts WONT draft a RB, but I think they're confident in what they have in Mack.
  • Hawk12 said:

Seriously, after all that you are gonna put KC whom has their 2019 starting playing like a beast right now pn your list, and Chi who has a two headed monster combo in the clubhouse right now as well? Both of those teams are in far better RB situations than Houston - far better.

Eagles, Indy, NYJ, Bills, Ravens, Raiders, Redskins (unless you like a 34 year old primary RB), TB (looks like they whiffed in 2018 draft), SF (can't keep a RB healthy past 2-3 games, that is a problem....)

maybe Green Bay (but they have a serviceable RBBC), Houston ( both their RBs are not reliable, Miller is aging with miles and Foreman is always hurt), ATL (Coleman will be gone and Freeman keeps getting banged up, they;ll be looking for depth and are a going to be better on O in 2019 IMO)

REAL TRUTH - I do not see one team taking a RB in round 1 this year, I see about 6-8 of them taking round 2-3 RBs and using them as starters and committee lead dogs though. I just listed 11 teams off the top of my head and prob missed one or two with contract RBs leaving...
    Did you not read what I said? This is a list of BEST landing spots but not necessarily teams that need a RB. Just a landing a spot that I think would have been interesting to see the best RB land. I clearly said I don't see him going to any of these teams
    edited January 13
    @Hawk12
    I spent many post earlier yesterday talking about teams that need a RB and took teams like KC out of the list. Obviously I don't see KC, Indianapolis, Green Bay, or Chicago NEEDING a RB. I thought I made that clear in my post. That was just a list of hypothetical "best" spots not logical spots. I spent enough time already limiting my teams down to the ones the "need" a RB that I went back and answered hypthicatl best and worst landing spots. Clearly I don't see the #1 RB going to Giants, Rams, Dallas, Carolina either but I listed as WORST spots.
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 3,804
    SMFFCN said:

Hawk12 said:

PDTDT said:

Raiders, hmmmmm

I could be wrong, but I feel like he's already taken that mantle. Not saying the Colts WONT draft a RB, but I think they're confident in what they have in Mack.
    Agree...
  • @Hawk12

I agree teams like Eagles, Bills, Jets, Raiders are teams that NEED a RB and are the ones likely to take the first RB off the board. You seriously misread my msgs :)
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 628
    His lateral agility is off the charts. Watching him start and stop in traffic is unreal. Over 1000 of his 1300 rushing yards came after first touch. He just looks the part..I have only two real concerns... One is his size.. Not horrible but 5 ft 9 200 lbs doesn't scream 250plus carry back.. But he does play bigger then his size.... My bigger concern is that watching his highlights he looked video game good but against university of Buffalo... North Texas and Akron... How would he look against Alabama?
  • Hawk12 said:

I agree with you! You misread my msgs
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,034

His lateral agility is off the charts. Watching him start and stop in traffic is unreal. Over 1000 of his 1300 rushing yards came after first touch. He just looks the part..I have only two real concerns... One is his size.. Not horrible but 5 ft 9 200 lbs doesn't scream 250plus carry back.. But he does play bigger then his size.... My bigger concern is that watching his highlights he looked video game good but against university of Buffalo... North Texas and Akron... How would he look against Alabama?

Dis! But, MAN he is exciting
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, JonnuSmith
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, Baldwin, Parker, Hurns, Westbrook, Cole, R.Matthews / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 628
    I have pick 3 in my big boy league...im targeting him there.
  • I have pick 3 in my big boy league...im targeting him there.

Sounds like you’ll have to choose from some other RBs.