fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

Antonio Brown done is Steel Town?

If Antonio Brown gets traded, how high does JuJu value go? AB in San Fran is my Bold Prediction and makes Garapalo a stud.

Comments

• SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,848

If Antonio Brown gets traded, how high does JuJu value go? AB in San Fran is my Bold Prediction and makes Garapalo a stud.

IF Brown leaves, I think it hurts JuJu more than it helps him. He's a solid talent but benefited greatly from having AB consuming so much attention on the other side. That said, I don't think AB actually gets traded.... the cost will simply be far too high for most teams to consider and it would have to be a team the truly believes AB would be their missing piece for a SB run and they're comfortable breaking the bank for an aging WR.
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,885
    I don't see the Steelers trading AB and still paying him $21mil.. but I'd look to get James Washington if you think it will happen
  • I'd be shocked if he isn't playing for the Steelers next year
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.
  • GuinnessIsGoodForYouGuinnessIsGoodForYou Posts: 8,007
    edited January 9
    Not that the Bears like paying receivers (see Brandon Marshall & Alshon Jeffery), but I would love to see him in Chicago. Trubisky ad-libs just as much as Big Ben and I can really see him benefitting from having AB to throw to. I think he would also be a great mentor to ARob and Miller.

• wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,460

Not that the Bears like paying receivers (see Brandon Marshall & Alshon Jeffery), but I would love to see him in Chicago. Trubisky ad-libs just as much as Big Ben and I can really see him benefitting from having AB to throw to. I think he would also be a great mentor to ARob and Miller.

Damn, that WOULD be exciting. Not sure we have the cap space.
    D3:
    QB—Roethlisberger, Mariota, Allen, Tannehill, Rudolph
    RB—EE, Cohen, Henry, Gore, EMcGuire, JSamuels, Armstead, Adams, Lynch
    WR—MThomas, Landry, Miller, Hardman, Amendola, Meredith, Chark
    TE—Burton, TJH, Jonnu, Shaheen
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Winston, Fitzpatrick, Rudolph
    RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, CEdmonds, JJackson
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, CWilliams, Cain, Cobbs
    TE—Olsen, IThomas, Gesicki, McDonald
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,436

Art Rooney II: Antonio Brown return “hard to envision” right now
    Posted by Josh Alper on January 10, 2019, 4:08 PM EST
    Getty Images

The prospect of the Steelers moving on without wide receiver Antonio Brown has been bandied about since the team benched him for Week 17 after missed practices and incidents with teammates over the final week of the regular season.

That chatter is not going to die down after an interview that Steelers president Art Rooney II gave to Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Thursday. Rooney said that it is “hard to envision” Brown being with the team for training camp right now while adding that there’s no reason to make any decisions right now.

He did add that salary cap ramifications related to trading Brown will not “box us into anything.”

“There’s not much we can do right now; we have time to make a decision,” Rooney said. “We’ll look at all the options. We’re not going to release him, that’s not on the table. But I will say all other options are on the table. Whether the situation can be reconciled and have him back on the team next year, we’re a long way away from thinking that can happen. We’re not closing the door on anything at this point.”

Giants co-owner John Mara put the possibility of a trade involving Odell Beckham on the table last offseason before the team wound up working out a long-term deal with the wideout. Whether that’s worked out as hoped or not, it is a sign that strong words at one point in the offseason can wind up being a prelude to things going the other way when push comes to shove.

It remains to be seen if such an outcome is in the cards in Pittsburgh, but, for now, the prospect of Brown wearing a different uniform feels more realistic than ever before.

Antonio Brown - WR - Steelers

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports the Steelers have not spoken with Antonio Brown since he was deactivated for the team's Week 17 game against the Bengals.
    Per reporter Gerry Dulac, Brown has "refused to return repeated phone calls" from owner Art Rooney II and coach Mike Tomlin. He skipped the team's final meetings. "Whether the situation can be reconciled and have him back on the team next year, we’re a long way away from thinking that can happen," Rooney said, expanding on his comments that it was difficult to envision Brown with the team in 2019. "We’re not closing the door on anything at this point." Rooney said the massive $21.2 million cap hit the Steelers would take by trading Brown will not factor into their decision. Rooney sounds 100 percent ready to move on.
    Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Jan 10 - 4:28 PM
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,460
    wow
    D3:
    QB—Roethlisberger, Mariota, Allen, Tannehill, Rudolph
    RB—EE, Cohen, Henry, Gore, EMcGuire, JSamuels, Armstead, Adams, Lynch
    WR—MThomas, Landry, Miller, Hardman, Amendola, Meredith, Chark
    TE—Burton, TJH, Jonnu, Shaheen
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Winston, Fitzpatrick, Rudolph
    RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, CEdmonds, JJackson
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, CWilliams, Cain, Cobbs
    TE—Olsen, IThomas, Gesicki, McDonald
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags
  • Bye Felicia
    12 Team PPR Dynasty
    QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex RB/WR/TE

Wentz,
    S Barkley, J Jacobs, C Carson, R Freeman
    AJ Brown, C Davis, T Hill, J Doctson, C Kupp, A Isabella, D Cain, A Callaway
    Kelce, V McDonald, Gesicki
    3 2020 1sts

• Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,553

Bye Felicia

LOL
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    edited January 11
    If AB is not a Steeler in 2019, I don't see how this doesn't negatively affect Ben, JuJu and possibly Conner. AB draws quite a bit of attention from the opposing defense and his absence changes everything IMO.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 596
    edited January 11
    Juju is done if AB is not on the team. He’s not a #1 WR he’s just been lucky to have an elite player on the opposite side drawing attention away from him. Same like how Will Fuller (when he plays) is the beneficiary of everyone focusing on Hopkins.

If AB is not on the team I think the Steelers call it a day and go with Mason Rudolph. Ben is close to retirement anyway this just makes it easier to move on. They’re not competing for a Super Bowl without Bell AND AB on the team.
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,154
    CLE likely will beat PIT twice next year.
  • Xtreme said:

CLE likely will beat PIT twice next year.

Who would have ever thought that could be a reality!

• DAXDAX Posts: 1,417
    lukeb5301 said:

I don't see the Steelers trading AB and still paying him $21mil.. but I'd look to get James Washington if you think it will happen

They've already paid him that amount. This is just dead money from signing bonuses and restructures.

That amount will be offset by the $14.5m credit they will receive from bell not signing the franchise tag. In reality it will be a $6.5m hit for the stealers.
  • I don't see AB playing for anyone but the Steelers next year
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.
  • PDTDTPDTDT Posts: 570
    Iceman said:

"refused to return repeated phone calls" from owner Art Rooney II and coach Mike Tomlin. He skipped the team's final meetings. "Whether the situation can be reconciled and have him back on the team next year, we’re a long way away from thinking that can happen," Rooney said, expanding on his comments that it was difficult to envision Brown with the team in 2019. "We’re not closing the door on anything at this point." Rooney said the massive $21.2 million cap hit the Steelers would take by trading Brown will not factor into their decision. Rooney sounds 100 percent ready to move on.

any other job he'd be fired
    Cousins, Dalton
    DJohnson, DCook, JHoward
    AJGreen, DHop, SDiggs
    DNjoku
    PDTDT said:

Iceman said:

"refused to return repeated phone calls" from owner Art Rooney II and coach Mike Tomlin. He skipped the team's final meetings. "Whether the situation can be reconciled and have him back on the team next year, we’re a long way away from thinking that can happen," Rooney said, expanding on his comments that it was difficult to envision Brown with the team in 2019. "We’re not closing the door on anything at this point." Rooney said the massive $21.2 million cap hit the Steelers would take by trading Brown will not factor into their decision. Rooney sounds 100 percent ready to move on.

any other job he'd be fired
    Yep...but in the NFL, teams want to get something in return so a trade is much better for them.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Broncos "may be plotting a run" at trading for Antonio Brown.
    The Jets, 49ers, and Colts are also expected to have interest. Pittsburgh has made clear they plan to move on from Brown despite his dead cap hit. Brown is entering his age-31 season and is one of the highest paid receivers in the league, so he's unlikely to command the first-round value Oakland got for Amari Cooper. The Steelers may have to settle for a pair of Day 2 picks.
    Related: Broncos
    Source: NFL Network
    Jan 12 - 2:15 PM
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,292
    Jets, 49ers and Colts would all be great landing spots... heavy targets, some talent on the other side of the field at WR, and gun slinger QBs...
    Personally, if he does go elsewhere, I think he;s going to want to stick it up the tailpipe of Pittsburgh - and play his heart out and show them how badly they mess up.... He's great, and likely will be motivated.

Jets and Colts, more likely the Colts is he had any say in the matter. If I was Pitt, I'd be moving him to an NFC team to quell that revenge desire a bit
  • They’d be best to trade him to the NFC. Or at least Oakland heheh
    If I were PIT, I'd find a way to keep him.
    Xtreme said:

I agree but that bridge might have already burned IMO.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator

Xtreme said:

hard to say, bridges can be birned from either side, and repaired from either side as well.... This does sound like sour grapes, I mena who the hell benches the best WR in the game in week 17 when you playoff lives depend on the outcome? Some butt hurt owner/GM/coach, that's who.

It could come down to that decision maker being fired to keep AB, it could be beyond repair already and AB might just sit if he's that mad. Hard to tell, he has not been a vocal player all his career and suddenly he goes off on Roethy and gets the pine? Something happened more than we know about.

Come on SF, he'd crush it in their system with a healthy gunslinger QB coming back into the fold and that o-line run game keeping the D honest....
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,880
    edited January 14
    I heard Brown didn't show up for practice on Fri or Sat before the game. Pitt is only seeking a 2nd rounder in return for trade. & obviously take on his salary.
    edited January 14
    Hawk12 said:

Xtreme said:

who the hell benches the best WR in the game in week 17 when you playoff lives depend on the outcome?
    When he didn't listen and get an MRI on Thursday, as instructed, and then didn't bother to even show up on Friday or Saturday...just showing up on Sunday expecting to play shouldn't fly with any team - he QUIT on them, not the other way around.
    Xtreme said:

Hawk12 said:

Xtreme said:

who the hell benches the best WR in the game in week 17 when you playoff lives depend on the outcome?
    When he didn't listen and get an MRI on Thursday, as instructed, and then didn't bother to even show up on Friday or Saturday...just showing up on Sunday expecting to play shouldn't fly with any team - he QUIT on them, not the other way around.
    news to me, good to know

Steelers president Art Rooney II left the door open for Antonio Brown to return to the team in 2019.
    Just a couple weeks ago, Rooney said it was "hard to envision" Brown playing for the Steelers again, but he painted a rosier picture during a conference call with fans on Wednesday. "There are a lot of factors we have to take into account on it," Rooney said. "We’d have to sit down with Antonio and understand where he is and make sure he understands where we are. There is some work to do before we figure that out." Sitting down with Brown could prove difficult as the receiver reportedly refuses to answer calls from teammates, coaches, and even Rooney. That said, it makes sense for Rooney to do whatever he can to keep Brown around, especially since trading the star receiver will leave a little over $21 million in dead money on the salary cap.
    Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
    Jan 24 - 10:03 AM
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,134

If AB is not a Steeler in 2019, I don't see how this doesn't negatively affect Ben, JuJu and possibly Conner. AB draws quite a bit of attention from the opposing defense and his absence changes everything IMO.

They'll be half the high octane offense they were without AB. Juju will see double coverage and Washington should be the only beneficiary from ABs exit.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this: