fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

Draft slot selection for 2019

I am able to pick any draft slot between 8-12. 12 team league, re draft year 1. Keep the player in the round you take going forward. Was thinking of taking 12, having the 2 picks, and taking my favorite player second to lock in the better keep round going forward. Thoughts? This will be a 3 year league with 3 keepers FYI

Thanks
Matty

Comments

• wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,460
    I like 12 exactly for that reason. Two in a row, not just early, but often. Just don't be afraid to reach at any point, since it'll be 24 pick before it gets back to you. Maybe Tyreek/MThomas + Kelce here?
    D3:
    QB—Roethlisberger, Mariota, Allen, Tannehill, Rudolph
    RB—EE, Cohen, Henry, Gore, EMcGuire, JSamuels, Armstead, Adams, Lynch
    WR—MThomas, Landry, Miller, Hardman, Amendola, Meredith, Chark
    TE—Burton, TJH, Jonnu, Shaheen
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Winston, Fitzpatrick, Rudolph
    RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, CEdmonds, JJackson
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, CWilliams, Cain, Cobbs
    TE—Olsen, IThomas, Gesicki, McDonald
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,880
    I would take #8 I think. Being 5 slots earlier for all odd rounds will add up
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,292

I would take #8 I think. Being 5 slots earlier for all odd rounds will add up

and the 5 slots later in the odd rounds won't add up? I'm missing the logic here....

12 is not a bad idea as you get the best round 2 player for keeper reasons. Look at the RB drop off come next year and I'g allow that to weigh in a good bit if you think there is any way of landing a top RB. I doubt it at 8-12 but you never know.

PPR?
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,880
    Logic is I like the higher pick in the earlier round.

• chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,575

Logic is I like the higher pick in the earlier round.

True... If you draft at 1.01, then you also draft at 2.12 and 3.01. Ya, it's a long wait after you make your 1st pick, but, you get a double hit when there should still be considerable value at 2.12 and 3.01.

In redraft, there are good and bad aspects to any draft position.

For me, I play dynasty and limited (2 or 3) keeper. In my keeper league, the advantage as to where you draft in round 1 depends upon who you might keep that will cost you your 1st round pick. The better that player is, the later you would want to draft in round 1

In the 10 team keeper league, the bottom 4 teams play a 3 week round-robin tournament for picks 1.01 - 1.04. Then, as teams are eliminated in the playoffs, they play each other for the choice of drafting at 1.05 or 1.06 and 1.07 or 1.08. So, if a team is keeping a player that will cost it a round 1 pick, then, choosing the later pick, gets them a boost in round 2. I happened to win the round-robin, so I will send Zeke back to the draft board and either draft him or one of the other great RBs that cannot be kept due to the keeper rules. I also will keep 3 players who will cost me a pick after round 5. The possible keepers include Guice for 12.10, Carson for 9.01, Damien Williams for 15.01 and Cohen for 13.01 plus a couple other possibilities
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, JonnuSmith
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
  • Normally, I would tell you to have Tiers for the top players and take the lowest position in the first tier. Then you still get a player of similar value, but then you get the earlier 2nd round pick.

However in your case (where you can keep them for the same round next year), I would consider getting 1st choice of the 2nd round.

In the end though, I think you need to play for this year until you are officially eliminated - then start trading for good keepers to the teams fighting for the playoffs.

• rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,597
    I like the book ends myself
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 898
    As do I.
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,553

Yep, especially if my only options were 8-12.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • XXXQB12XXXQB12 Posts: 220

Yep, especially if my only options were 8-12.
    I agree, if you are going to pick late 1st, I want an early 2nd.