fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

Foles or Wentz

I'm watching NFL Game Day Prime and Deion Sanders brings up something that got me thinking. He wants this to play out with Philadelphia bc he feels Eagles have a tremendous problem and if he was owner and it was his money then he is riding with Foles.

I think I would go with Foles also. Offense runs better with Foles. Players definitly believe in him. Carson Wentz has been injured a lot first couple years. This fracture in his back apperently isn't the first time as he had one in college. It's just unsettling.

I don't like Philadelphia Eagles and I don't want them in the Superbowl but..... if It happens. I'm really going to enjoy the talks about what Eagles do at QB.

Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.

Comments

• XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,154
    I added Foles in my dynasty league as my QB3 right before our league championship in week 16. Hoping for another SB run from him to make things interesting.
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 596
    Only teams that can use a QB is like Miami and NYG. That’s about it.

What about JAC, WAS, OAK, DEN, CIN?
  • Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 570
    edited January 9
    Xtreme said:

I agree that's7 teams... 8 if you want to count TB. Although Oak, Cin, TB all probably keep what they have.... that's still 5 teams that need a QB ASAP.
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,063

Xtreme said:

I agree that's7 teams... 8 if you want to count TB. Although Oak, Cin, TB all probably keep what they have.... that's still 5 teams that need a QB ASAP.
    Denver would be a decent landing spot BUT is Keenum’s contract hefty?
    I think Foles will be in JAX next year
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 596
    That’s a lot of dead money if some of those teams just change their QB. I agree Jax can be added to the list. Other teams can’t change their QBs so easily.
  • wh0urdadywh0urdady Posts: 3,307
    New England might be in need of a QB.
    QB: Cousins, Jackson Bortles, Dalton
    RB: Mixon, Hunt, Coleman, Ware, Breida
    WR: Julio, M Thomas, Golladay, DT, Crabtree, Agholor, Higgins , Moncrief
    TE: Gronk, Rudy, ASJ, Kittle
    DST: LA Rams

Taxi
    Guice
    Callaway
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,063
    wh0urdady said:

New England might be in need of a QB.

Ha! Only way I see Brady retiring is if somehow they win it all this year. Otherwise, his arrogance will get the best of him and he’ll return and prob get hurt which will piss off his wife!
  • https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-wentz-exclusive-sources-paint-eagles-quarterback-as-selfish-not-team-player/

Drama we knew would eventually happen has begun. We will never know all the behind the scene truths that go on with NFL teams. Eagles just need to make sure no truth to this before they let Nick Foles go. I'm sure some players feel this way and just don't want to go public with it though. This all very well could be made up and BS. Regardless it is a hot topic today.

Personnaly I still agree with Deion Sanders and would rather have Foles then Wentz as my QB if I was Eagles owner. Just something special about Foles in Philly. Will he carry that over with another team? Could it be just Philly and how the players their play for Foles? Who knows

I however I don't see Eagles moving on from Wentz regardless. Doug Peterson already said Wentz is their QB moving forward.
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,880
    Wentz is the guy to go with. unless you can get 4 first rounders for him. I would offer up 3 if I were the Broncos
    edited January 21

Wentz is the guy to go with. unless you can get 4 first rounders for him. I would offer up 3 if I were the Broncos

No one is giving up 3-4 first round picks for a QB that hasn't been able to complete a full season. No team has ever traded more then 3 first round picks for a player in the history of the NFL and that happened just once. Carson Wentz isnt Herschel Walker and even if he was Teams learned their lesson from the most lopsided trade in NFL history.
  • Mahomes is the only player I would even consider offering 3-4 first round picks for. You paying that much for a player they damn well better be a future Hall of Fame QB.
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,880
    Well I would give 3 1st rounders for Wentz. Its pretty hard to win in this league unless you have a franchise Hall of Fame type qb. I think Wentz fits that. I would give 3 in a heartbeat for Mahomes.
  • Wentz is a monster of a QB. Not sure why so many are doubting his abilities after a decent/good year from a major injury suffered so late last year?
  • If I have a team to win now and my last piece is a QB, I’d def also give away 3-1st rounders for him.
    edited January 22

Wentz is a monster of a QB. Not sure why so many are doubting his abilities after a decent/good year from a major injury suffered so late last year?

It's not his abilities/talent anyone is doubting. Wentz is finding himself dealing with injuries -- and on the sideline -- at a higher rate than the other prominent quarterbacks in this league. Its the debate if that makes him "injury prone" or not, but the fact that is happening at such a young age should be concerning for the Eagles or any team looking to trade 3 first round picks for him.

I would be very happy if I was the Eagles and could keep Superbowl MVP Nick Foles bc someone willing to give me 3 first round picks for Wentz.
  • Wentz is a monster of a QB. Not sure why so many are doubting his abilities after a decent/good year from a major injury suffered so late last year?

It's not his abilities/talent anyone is doubting. Wentz is finding himself dealing with injuries -- and on the sideline -- at a higher rate than the other prominent quarterbacks in this league. Its the debate if that makes him "injury prone" or not, but the fact that is happening at such a young age should be concerning for the Eagles or any team looking to trade 3 first round picks for him.

I would be very happy if I was the Eagles and could keep Superbowl MVP Nick Foles bc someone willing to give me 3 first round picks for Wentz.
    I agree he needs to stay healthy. Heck, Luck just overcame this and now Watson is also dealing with re-occurring injuries. He’s still a very young QB, hoping he learns to play smarter and salvage his body, I think we’ll see a different Wentz starting as soon as next year.
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,292
    many team mates spoke up for WSentz immediately after this story broke. Non issue, the team is behind him.

I'd said it several times now, go ahead and sleep on Wentz, he'll have a full off season with his receivers for the first time, Alshon, Ertz, Goedert are all staying put and will likely go to some hunting cabin vacation with Wentz for a week or two this off season to work on timing routes... BUY Wentz, if you don't like him, and you play in a league with me, SELL ME Wentz
    My understanding is wentz had back issues in college. I’m sure someone will fact check this because this is something I think I heard during a game.

Taxi
    Guice
    Callaway
  • In fantasy, I am staying away from both. Foles because of the unknown playing time (where & how much) and Wentz because of his injury issues.

• wh0urdady said:

My understanding is wentz had back issues in college. I’m sure someone will fact check this because this is something I think I heard during a game.

I've heard and read same thing. I believe it was before college

wh0urdady said:

I've heard and read same thing. I believe it was before college
    I looked it up earlier, yea it was before. His freshman year they noticed he had a previous back injury that had healed.

Taxi
    Guice
    Callaway
  • Perfect opportunity to buy low, if you can. Give me all the Wentz shares please.