fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts smitty fantasy football goes live for 24 hours

View Replay of the Live 24 Hour+ Stream!

Wildcard Weekend Thread

SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,791
edited January 5 in Talk To Us (Site)
Didn't see one posted.... swampies is usually all over the weekly threads (this one really has no fantasy impacts though).

I expected the Colts to pull out a win but I'm actually a little surprised at how rough the Texans look. I thought it would be a good deal closer.... still a good deal of time I suppose but the Colts are dominating this game.

Comments

• CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 6,699
    Agree and Texans not helping my playoff lineup👎
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,791
    I hate to bash the guy, but how terrible has Watson looked? His throws aren't even close.
  • He has been overrated all season. Smitty feels like he will be a lot stronger next year (once he is fully recovered mentally as well), but I think he took the league by storm, then couldn't adjust to the adjustments that defensive coordinators made after getting some film on him. He still has the talent, but I see his ceiling being QB 7-8

• Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 570
    edited January 6
    Technically there is fantasy impact for those doing the challenge :)

Im Atlanta Falcons fan so I'm really just hoping not to see the Saints win a Superbowl in Atlanta. I'm also tired of the Patriots in the Superbowl and them having to play the Ravens or Chargers helps increase the odds they dont make it so Ive been rooting for the Colts.

Andy Ried's story and all his family has been through over the years I would like to see him win a Superbowl as a Head Coach.
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 6,699
    I agree that it would be nice to see Reid win the big game!
  • CoolHand said:

I agree that it would be nice to see Reid win the big game!

Ditto

• KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 873
    It would be fitting for the saints to win in Atlanta. This is as close to a second home as anyone in the league has.
  • It would be fitting for the saints to win in Atlanta. This is as close to a second home as anyone in the league has.

Atlanta is 1-1 vs Saints in their new home.. Lifetime they have winning record vs Saints at home 27-23. Life-time series Falcons still lead 52-48. Might be a second home for them but it's still our home and I don't want it happening lol
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.
  • Assuming Da Bears beat the Eagles, I think the Seahawks have a better chance of beating the Saints then the Cowboys. I have a really good friend who is a Cowboys fan so for him I'm rooting for the Cowboys but..... I personnaly wouldn't be upset with the Seahawks winning.
  • Seahawks play calling has been questionable all game long. So glad I'm not a Seahawks fan. Watching Pete Carrol week after week with that bubble gum would drive me nuts. Have some manners and chew with mouth closed lol
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,101
    Lol
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • Watching Pete Carrol week after week with that bubble gum would drive me nuts. Have some manners and chew with mouth closed lol

It's really stupid, but that annoys the crap out of me as well!!

I didn't stay up for the entire game last night... Not to take anything away from the DAL win but how much did SEA losing their kicker impact the outcome?

Watching Pete Carrol week after week with that bubble gum would drive me nuts. Have some manners and chew with mouth closed lol

It's really stupid, but that annoys the crap out of me as well!!
    I thought that little girl said every time Pete chews his gum a Seahawk gets it’s wings?
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,190
    Hopefully you guys got to see the game in some "normal" fashion.

I sort of saw it. I listened to the radio broadcast in real time while watching a Spanish stream that was about a minute or two behind the live action.

My cable provider is Charter-Spectrum who is in a dispute with Tribune. Tribune controls the Fox broadcasts in about 20 major markets.
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, JonnuSmith
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, Baldwin, Parker, Hurns, Westbrook, Cole, R.Matthews / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
    The Chargers defense came to play (so far anyway)! I hope it continues, nothing against the Ravens but I'd love to see Rivers make a deep push or even win it all.
    SMFFCN said:

The Chargers defense came to play (so far anyway)! I hope it continues, nothing against the Ravens but I'd love to see Rivers make a deep push or even win it all.

Gordon hurt, Jackson looking like rookie but I like it. Unpredictable makes a good game
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,245
    Hurns injury was brutal. Damn.
    D3: QB—Allen, BIGBEN, Mariota, Rudolph; RB—COHEN, EE, Gore, HENRY, McGuire, Samuels; WR—Amendola, Chark, Gallup, LANDRY, MILLER, Reynolds, Sutton, THOMAS, Washington; TE—BURTON, Jonnu, Shaheen; PK—ZUERLEIN; DEF—RAVENS. // D4: QB—Fitzpatrick, Rudolph, WATSON, Winston; RB—COHEN, CONNER, Edmonds, HOWARD, Jackson, Samuels; WR—ALLEN, Amendola, Cain, Chark, Dorsett, GOLLADAY, Harris, HILL, JEFFERY, MILLER, Perriman, Williams; TE—Gesicki, McDonald, OLSEN, Watson; PK—GOSTKOWSKI; DEF—RAMS.

Hurns injury was brutal. Damn.

Yeah, I rewound a couple of times... craziness.
  • SMFFCN said:

Chiefs or Chargers I'd like to see win it all. Chiefs bc of Andy Reid and Chargers bc of Rivers.
  • Wonder if the Ravens bring in Flaco for second half... I don't see the Ravens coming back the way Jackson is playing
    edited January 6

Wonder if the Ravens bring in Flaco for second half... I don't see the Ravens coming back the way Jackson is playing

I doubt it. They've made the commitment and will see it through, IMO... I think even at the cost of a loss. Imagine the offseason they'd have if Joe Cool comes out, torches the Chargers, and gets them into the next round...or even further?

EDIT: Sounds like the commentators don't agree with me and think it's a very real option if Jackson continues to struggle.
  • Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 570
    edited January 6
    SMFFCN said:

Wonder if the Ravens bring in Flaco for second half... I don't see the Ravens coming back the way Jackson is playing

I doubt it. They've made the commitment and will see it through, IMO... I think even at the cost of a loss. Imagine the offseason they'd have if Joe Cool comes out, torches the Chargers, and gets them into the next round...or even further?
    I think you give Jackson 1 or 2 more drives but if he gets you nothing you bring in Flaco and chalk it up to learning experience. I'm not throwing away my chance at a Superbowl worrying about the off-season.
    Bye bye Jackson, your done!
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • Watching that drive I bring in Flaco now... What we think doesn't matter lol
  • That turnover is huge for the Ravens. Jackson needs to show something now
  • swampies said:

I'm with ya... They can't move the ball with Jackson. Jackson isn't ready for this and just chalk it up to learning. You got to good a defense to throw away a chance at a Superbowl not brining in Flaco
  • Jackson completed a pass! Only took him 2 hours since last time he did it

swampies said:

I'm with ya... They can't move the ball with Jackson. Jackson isn't ready for this and just chalk it up to learning. You got to good a defense to throw away a chance at a Superbowl not brining in Flaco
    Exactly
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    Chargers had a TD taken away then the refs give them a real bad spot, lucky the chargers got it in there again
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA