fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2018 fantasy football articles, predictions, sleepers fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

Due to upgrades, you MAY need to RESET YOUR PASSWORD in order to login. Email Me if having issues!

Coaches get the boot thread 🥾

2

Comments

  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,176
    I think there is a better opportunity of Rodgers having a rapport with LaFleur then there ever would have been with McDaniels. Go Pack
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • lukeb5301 said:

    So does Rodgers actually listen to LaFleur...

    I highly highly doubt they offered LaFleur a contract without consulting Rodgers
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 6,684

    lukeb5301 said:

    So does Rodgers actually listen to LaFleur...

    I highly highly doubt they offered LaFleur a contract without consulting Rodgers
    Haha! I was thinking the same thing. That’s basically ARod’s team
  • ablightablight Posts: 2
    swampies said:

    Marvin Lewis finally gets the boot! The only thing is what I think is going to happen just make me puke 🤢 Hue Jackson

    I'm happy for Marvin Lewis
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,699
    Broncos are down to Munchak & Fangio. Should announce tomorrow. (I wish we could get both)
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,024
    Bruce Arians to the Bucs
    Winston May have some life with this hire
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,024
    4 year contract for Matt LaFleur in GB as HC
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,734
    swampies said:

    Bruce Arians to the Bucs
    Winston May have some life with this hire

    Should be interesting. Bruce was who I was hoping GB would hire.
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 3,804

    Kliff Kingsbury - QB - Cardinals

    Cardinals hired ex-Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury as head coach.
    It's a great, bold leap for a franchise that relieved Steve Wilks of his duties after only one season. Just 39, Kingsbury first came on the scene as a Mike Leach "system" quarterback at Texas Tech before later becoming one of his successors as head coach. Bizarrely, he spent the past month as USC's on-paper offensive coordinator. Kingsbury never finished in the Associated Press top 25 and posted a losing (35-40) record over six years in Lubbock, but he oversaw routinely prolific offenses. Of course, they were alongside astoundingly bad defenses. More than anything, his hiring can be interpreted as a rescue mission for Josh Rosen coming off Rosen's dreadful rookie year. It's going to be interesting.
    Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Jan 8 - 4:42 PM
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 3,804
    RBF ought to love this.....



    Bruce Arians - C - Buccaneers

    Bucs hired Bruce Arians as head coach.
    The coaching carousel's worst-kept secret is now official. Arians' latest "retirement" ends at one year. Rumored to be eyeing his ex-defensive coordinator Todd Bowles for the same job in Tampa, Arians could oversee a lightning quick turnaround for a franchise that has been adrift since firing Jon Gruden following the 2008 season. Going on 67, Arians is a stubborn, set in his ways head coach, but he likes aggressive defense and even more aggressive offense. That plays in the 2019 NFL. He's an excellent match with a like-minded Jameis Winston, though Winston's turnovers are going to drive Arians up the wall. Reducing them will be Arians' first project on offense. A dud in the broadcast booth, it's good to see Arians back on the sidelines, even though his tenure will likely be brief.
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Jan 8 - 5:18 PM
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 3,804

    Dirk Koetter - C - Falcons

    Falcons hired ex-Bucs coach Dirk Koetter as offensive coordinator.
    It's a homecoming for 59-year-old Koetter, who coordinated Matt Ryan and Julio Jones' offense from 2012-14. That included one amazing season and two bad ones. Replacement-level as a head coach in Tampa Bay, Koetter's 2018 offense took off after Todd Monken was given play-calling duties. It's hard to label Koetter a bad hire, but he is certainly an uninspiring one. Dan Quinn is circling the wagons around "football men."
    Related: Buccaneers
    Jan 8 - 5:35 PM
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 3,804

    Mike Mularkey - C - Falcons

    Falcons hired ex-Titans coach Mike Mularkey as TEs coach.
    It's quite a fall for a coach who was most recently the two-year head man of the Titans. Mularkey will be the next man up if/when new Falcons OC Dirk Koetter gets fired.
    Jan 8 - 5:46 PM
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,176
    edited January 9
    Iceman said:

    RBF ought to love this.....



    Bruce Arians - C - Buccaneers

    Bucs hired Bruce Arians as head coach.
    The coaching carousel's worst-kept secret is now official. Arians' latest "retirement" ends at one year. Rumored to be eyeing his ex-defensive coordinator Todd Bowles for the same job in Tampa, Arians could oversee a lightning quick turnaround for a franchise that has been adrift since firing Jon Gruden following the 2008 season. Going on 67, Arians is a stubborn, set in his ways head coach, but he likes aggressive defense and even more aggressive offense. That plays in the 2019 NFL. He's an excellent match with a like-minded Jameis Winston, though Winston's turnovers are going to drive Arians up the wall. Reducing them will be Arians' first project on offense. A dud in the broadcast booth, it's good to see Arians back on the sidelines, even though his tenure will likely be brief.
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Jan 8 - 5:18 PM

    Yes I do. But it's going to be a quick relationship. Todd Bowles will be the important part of this puzzle. The offense has workable pieces. The defense started to show signs of life toward the end of the season. However, if the Bucs do not address DB's and over all Def depth the QB whisperer will have to generate 50 points a game to earn a winning season.
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 516
    edited January 9
    Iceman said:


    Mike Mularkey - C - Falcons

    Falcons hired ex-Titans coach Mike Mularkey as TEs coach.
    It's quite a fall for a coach who was most recently the two-year head man of the Titans. Mularkey will be the next man up if/when new Falcons OC Dirk Koetter gets fired.
    Jan 8 - 5:46 PM

    I'm a life long Falcons fan and I have to say I'm not happy with Koetter coming back to the Falcons...It didn't work the first time. Malarkey as TE coach.... he was another OC for Falcons that didn't work out. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see these as good signings. My hope is in the fact Dan Quinn said they talked to Matt Ryan and he signed off on it. Matt Ryan has had so many different OC in his career that having to learn a new one would suck. So my trust is more in Matt Ryan than Dan Quinn. Anything short of playoffs next year for Falcons I expect a complete overhaul with DQ being fired.

    Again I hope I'm wrong.

    Dan Quinn needs to cut Vic Beasly and save that 12.9 against the cap... Vic was graded the worst at his position and you can't pay the man 13 million. DQ will lose all my trust if Beasly is playing for the Falcons for 12.9 Million next year
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,024
    Freddie Kitchens is promoted to HC for The Brown’s
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • TheDudeTheDude Posts: 1,778
    swampies said:

    Freddie Kitchens is promoted to HC for The Brown’s

    Not sure how I feel about this. I was hoping CLE would find a tremendous talent to really move the franchise forward. Not necessarily a fan of CLE but love Baker Mayfield and the talent on that team.


  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,024
    TheDude said:

    swampies said:

    Freddie Kitchens is promoted to HC for The Brown’s

    Not sure how I feel about this. I was hoping CLE would find a tremendous talent to really move the franchise forward. Not necessarily a fan of CLE but love Baker Mayfield and the talent on that team.

    You and me both
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 3,804


    Broncos hired Vic Fangio as head coach.
    The 60-year-old finally gets his first head-coaching gig after many successful years as a defensive boss in San Francisco and Chicago under Jim Harbaugh, John Fox, and Matt Nagy. Fangio's Bears defense led the league in turnovers created this past season and was No. 1 in DVOA, checking in at No. 1 against the pass and No. 2 against the run. Fangio is rumored to be open to GM John Elway forcing Gary Kubiak on him as the Broncos' offensive coordinator, which may have been the selling point for Elway, who was also considering Steelers OL coach Mike Munchak for this head job. Still, the Fangio hire feels an awful lot like the just-failed Vance Joseph one. The Broncos simply HAVE to find a quarterback or this team is going to remain a 7-9 to 9-7 squad. Elway is firmly on the hot seat.
    Related: Bears
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Jan 9 - 12:04 PM
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 3,804


    Broncos hired Gary Kubiak as offensive coordinator.
    Kubiak spent the last two years in Denver's front office after a brief retirement due to health reasons. He has no desire to be a head coach anymore and simply just wants to run an offense. GM John Elway prioritized keeping Kubiak as part of his head-coach search, which landed him on Bears DC Vic Fangio on Wednesday. It will be Fangio running the overall team and the defense while Kubiak focuses on the offense. Kubiak has long been a strong play-caller.
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Jan 9 - 12:36 PM
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 6,684
    Gase to the Jets.... wth are they thinking? Did they see any Miami games??
  • CoolHand said:

    Gase to the Jets.... wth are they thinking? Did they see any Miami games??

    LMAO +1
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.
  • Good to see that a coach that hates RBs is going to a team that has no RBs.

  • IcemanIceman Posts: 3,804

    Chuck Pagano - C - Bears

    Bears hired Chuck Pagano as defensive coordinator.
    Pagano spent 2018 out of the league after getting fired from the Colts but resurfaced as one of the top defensive minds available this offseason. He interviewed for Denver and Green Bay's head-coach jobs but was never a realistic candidate. Chicago will keep their 3-4 base in place under Pagano, who runs a similar scheme to Vic Fangio. A good year from Pagano could get him another look as a retread next offseason.
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Jan 11 - 8:32 PM
  • I’m not too unhappy with the Pagano hiring. At least the defense doesn’t need to learn a whole new system. They will remain a top 3 defense next year.

  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,734

    I’m not too unhappy with the Pagano hiring. At least the defense doesn’t need to learn a whole new system. They will remain a top 3 defense next year.

    The talent is certainly there, I'm just not sure Pagano schemes the same way as Fangio..... wouldn't surprise me if they fall back to more of a top 10 defense.
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 3,804

    Jason Garrett - C - Cowboys

    According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Cowboys plan to negotiate a long-term extension with coach Jason Garrett in the offseason.
    Garrett's under contract through the 2019 season, but the Cowboys want to work with him towards an extension reportedly worth upwards of $8 million per year. It was only the beginning of November when Garrett was speculated to be coaching for his job, and now it sounds as if he'll be Dallas' head coach for the foreseeable future. While that certainly makes him clap endlessly, Garrett was undoubtedly out-coached at every turn this year and only showed life once the front office made staffing changes to surrounding coaches and coordinators. Garrett's last extension (which will be outdone) was a five-year deal worth $6 million annually.
    Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Jan 12 - 12:01 PM
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,109

    I’m not too unhappy with the Pagano hiring. At least the defense doesn’t need to learn a whole new system. They will remain a top 3 defense next year.

    Agree. I like it.
    D3: QB—Allen, Roethlisberger, Rudolph, TRUBISKY; RB—COHEN, Gore, HENRY, HOWARD, McGuire, Samuels; WR—Amendola, Chark, Gallup, LANDRY, MILLER, Reynolds, Sutton, THOMAS, Washington; TE—BURTON, Hurst, Shaheen; PK—ZUERLEIN; DEF—RAVENS. // D4: QB—Fitzpatrick, Rudolph, WATSON, Winston; RB—COHEN, CONNER, Edmonds, HOWARD, Jackson, Samuels; WR—ALLEN, Amendola, Cain, Chark, Dorsett, GOLLADAY, Harris, HILL, JEFFERY, MILLER, Perriman, Williams; TE—Gesicki, McDonald, OLSEN, Watson; PK—GOSTKOWSKI; DEF—RAMS.
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,176
    Iceman said:


    Jason Garrett - C - Cowboys

    According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Cowboys plan to negotiate a long-term extension with coach Jason Garrett in the offseason.
    Garrett's under contract through the 2019 season, but the Cowboys want to work with him towards an extension reportedly worth upwards of $8 million per year. It was only the beginning of November when Garrett was speculated to be coaching for his job, and now it sounds as if he'll be Dallas' head coach for the foreseeable future. While that certainly makes him clap endlessly, Garrett was undoubtedly out-coached at every turn this year and only showed life once the front office made staffing changes to surrounding coaches and coordinators. Garrett's last extension (which will be outdone) was a five-year deal worth $6 million annually.
    Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Jan 12 - 12:01 PM

    well there ya go - Dallas will continue to underacheive for the foreseeable future.
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • Iceman said:


    Jason Garrett - C - Cowboys

    According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Cowboys plan to negotiate a long-term extension with coach Jason Garrett in the offseason.
    Garrett's under contract through the 2019 season, but the Cowboys want to work with him towards an extension reportedly worth upwards of $8 million per year. It was only the beginning of November when Garrett was speculated to be coaching for his job, and now it sounds as if he'll be Dallas' head coach for the foreseeable future. While that certainly makes him clap endlessly, Garrett was undoubtedly out-coached at every turn this year and only showed life once the front office made staffing changes to surrounding coaches and coordinators. Garrett's last extension (which will be outdone) was a five-year deal worth $6 million annually.
    Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Jan 12 - 12:01 PM

    well there ya go - Dallas will continue to underacheive for the foreseeable future.
    lol

  • TheDudeTheDude Posts: 1,778
    But it IS true...

Sign In or Register to comment.