fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts smitty fantasy football goes live for 24 hours

View Replay of the Live 24 Hour+ Stream!

Coaches get the boot thread 🥾

swampiesswampies Posts: 3,101
edited December 2018 in Stock Up/Down
Marvin Lewis finally gets the boot! The only thing is what I think is going to happen just make me puke 🤢 Hue Jackson
(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
SleeperU Forum Moderator
USA

Comments

• swampiesswampies Posts: 3,101
    8 head coaches are gone as of now
    8 openings GB, Cle, NYJ, TB, Ari, Den, Mia, Cin
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • Atlanta Falcons fire offensive coordinator Steve Sarkasian, defensive coordinator Marquand Manuel and special teams coordinator Keith Armstrong
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.
  • Vance Joseph gone.

So if you had your pick to coach these 8 teams? Which team would you want to coach? Best available situation

& if you are looking for a coach? Who is your top candidate? Besides Cowher......lol
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,791
    Top choice comes down to CLE or GB for me. Just depends if you want a clearly established elite QB or a young and growing QB (with tons of potential).

That said, and coming from a Green Bay die hard, I think CLE is the best position (outside of ownership) given all of the other young high end pieces in play.
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 6,699
    I don’t see how Cleveland doesn’t hire Bruce Arians. He’s the top coach I’d want that’s out there and is interested in coaching.

• IcemanIceman Posts: 4,124
    CoolHand said:

I don’t see how Cleveland doesn’t hire Bruce Arians. He’s the top coach I’d want that’s out there and is interested in coaching.

Agree...
    CoolHand said:

Agree as well. If he is truly interested and willing to coach then I think he's the only real answer in CLE. That said, I wonder how truly interested Bruce is about coming back to the coaching grind.
  • buffaloblizzardbuffaloblizzard Posts: 1,176
    Arians would be logical replacement.
    2017 NCAA sleeperu bracket winner. Changing lives one keystroke at a time.
  • Sounds funny saying this, but CLE is definitely the best situation!

• KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 873

Sounds funny saying this, but CLE is definitely the best situation!

This
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,298

Sounds funny saying this, but CLE is definitely the best situation!

This
    more of this
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,101
    Hearing Mike McCarthy might be taking the Jets HC job.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 6,699
    And Munchak is apparently really interested in Broncos job
  • This would be a great write-up for @Smitty - How each coach affects the fantasy players. Does one lean more on the run or pass, does one focus on the TE, does one do more RBBC or bell-cow RB, does one put more effort into defense vs offense, etc...

• KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 873
    I'm not a Jets fan, so I hope McCarthy gets the job. The Jets really need a 21st century coach.
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,190

This would be a great write-up for @Smitty - How each coach affects the fantasy players. Does one lean more on the run or pass, does one focus on the TE, does one do more RBBC or bell-cow RB, does one put more effort into defense vs offense, etc...

Ya!

Get cracking @Smitty !!
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, JonnuSmith
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, Baldwin, Parker, Hurns, Westbrook, Cole, R.Matthews / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 7,340
    I’ll give it a look
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • Smitty said:

I’ll give it a look

That would be awesome!! I’ve been looking for something like this for years!

• wh0urdadywh0urdady Posts: 3,300

This would be a great write-up for @Smitty - How each coach affects the fantasy players. Does one lean more on the run or pass, does one focus on the TE, does one do more RBBC or bell-cow RB, does one put more effort into defense vs offense, etc...

I recommend this every year lol
    QB: Cousins, Jackson Bortles, Dalton
    RB: Mixon, Hunt, Coleman, Ware, Breida
    WR: Julio, M Thomas, Golladay, DT, Crabtree, Agholor, Higgins , Moncrief
    TE: Gronk, Rudy, ASJ, Kittle
    DST: LA Rams

Taxi
    Guice
    Callaway
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,823
    Arians to Bucs sounds like its happening & as much as I don't want it I'd put my money on Mcdaniels to GB
  • Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 570
    edited January 7
    lukeb5301 said:

Arians to Bucs sounds like its happening & as much as I don't want it I'd put my money on Mcdaniels to GB

Packers expected to sign Matt LaFleur as next head coach Per Adam Schefter. This was annouced today so don't put your money on McDaniels
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.
    Think McDaniels wants the Browns job.....

Matt LaFleur - C - Packers

Packers hired Matt LaFleur as head coach.
    Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, it came down to LaFleur or ex-Bucs OC Todd Monken, who is also being sought after by multiple other clubs. Green Bay was the only one on LaFleur's tail this hiring cycle. It's a gamble on unknown upside, but LaFleur has worked under two of the sharpest offensive minds in the sport in Sean McVay and Kyle Shanahan. He just completed his first year as an offensive play-caller, serving as the Titans' OC. Marcus Mariota was consistently hurt, so it's tough to judge LaFleur off that one year. However, he did get Derrick Henry going late in the season, perhaps too late. LaFleur figures to run an up-tempo offense and gets to do it with one of the greatest quarterbacks ever in Aaron Rodgers. It's also good news for Aaron Jones. Both McVay and Shanahan preferred one-back offenses. We like the move.
    Related: Titans
    Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Jan 7 - 6:14 PM
    Not sure this is a good idea.....

Mike Pettine - C - Packers

New Packers coach Matt LaFleur is expected to keep DC Mike Pettine.
    It's not official, but this is the word on the street. Pettine was reportedly "on LaFleur's list" when he conducted his interview for the Packers' head-coaching job, which he eventually landed on Monday. Pettine's unit was tied for eighth in sacks this season but was 29th in DVOA, checking in at No. 28 against the pass and 23rd versus the run. The secondary battled so many injuries, and the Packers eventually ended the season with its entire starting defensive line on injured reserve.
    Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Jan 7 - 6:29 PM
  • buckysGTbuckysGT Posts: 1,975
    I’m not sure about that either. But I would like to see what Lettine can do without so many IR guys.
    buckysGT said:

I’m not sure about that either. But I would like to see what Lettine can do without so many IR guys.

That's fair.....
    buckysGT said:

I agree. All of the starting defensive line was basically on IR by seasons end.... not to mention the other defensive injuries.
    SMFFCN said:

buckysGT said:

I agree. All of the starting defensive line was basically on IR by seasons end.... not to mention the other defensive injuries.
    From a FF standpoint most of us saw Martinez as a top 10ish Lb for 2018, ended up being top 5ish, could be scheme or could be the DL injuries....
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,823
    So does Rodgers actually listen to LaFleur...
    That , my friend is the $64,000 question.... think he will to start as he does not want to lose credibility publicly.