fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

Fournette Gone?

His suspension last month voided all his guarantees and it sounds like the jags are going to be looking to move him.he really struggled this year, has a bad attitude, and obviously doesn't realize RBs are easily replaceable in this league.

Comments

• XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,154
    Glad my overpay offer at the beginning of the year was declined...and same goes for my offers midseason.
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,063
    Coughlin is one of the few that doesn’t put up with any player BS!
  • I know Coolhand...but the whole team is a mess. Ramsey has a nice solid team first attitude himself.
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,292
    If Jax wants, I'm sure they could find a trade partner....

He's under contract for several more years at a cheap price tag:
    2019: $2.93 million, 2020: $4.16 million, 2021: Club Option, 2022: Free Agent
  • Is he really under contract if his behavior voided all his guarantees?
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, JonnuSmith
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,885
    Hawk12 said:

Oh he's for sure gone, you don't make this move and keep him..would never work

Is he really under contract if his behavior voided all his guarantees?

Still under contract but they can cut him and owe nothing now
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,154

Is he really under contract if his behavior voided all his guarantees?

It's a team-friendly contract. He still makes his money if they keep him, but they have a cheap way out if they choose to move on (but it's not like c.hyde showed anything with Jax...they need an oline and QB)
  • Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 570
    edited January 1
    lukeb5301 said:

Hawk12 said:

Oh he's for sure gone, you don't make this move and keep him..would never work
    He is for sure gone? I'd be shocked if he isn't the starting RB for the Jaguars next year. Fournette has a lot of growth to go, as a player and person, but let the heat of this season subside. Joe Mixon can knockout a lady and still get drafted. Without Fournette who takes over RB? Yeldon contract is up and not like Hyde showed anything. Jaguars have every reason to try and make this work with Fournette having a team friendly contract. Plus Jaguars need someone to take pressure off whoever the new QB will be as they learn the system/develop.

I don't see any evidence that leads to saying Fournette will be gone for sure next season. Is it possible? Yes
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.
    I say he's gone because I can't imagine you do this and it doesn't completely kill the relationship. Not only that but honestly fournette wasn't that good this year
  • lukeb5301 said:

I say he's gone because I can't imagine you do this and it doesn't completely kill the relationship. Not only that but honestly fournette wasn't that good this year

He was injured and his offensive line and QB were terrible so defenses could focus on him when he did play. I still stand by the fact that Jacksonville has every reason to try and make this work.
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.
  • I am definitely going to be trying to buy low. ...and I do think he stays.

• IcemanIceman Posts: 4,436

Report: Jaguars, Fournette meet to clear the air, move forward
    Posted by Charean Williams on January 10, 2019, 3:05 PM EST
    Getty Images

Running back Leonard Fournette is expected back with the Jaguars.

The Jaguars recently met with the running back to “clear the air and move forward together for 2019,” Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports.

The meeting with executive vice president Tom Coughlin and other team brass went well, per Rapoport, and “things are headed in the right direction.”

Coughlin called out Fournette and running back T.J. Yeldon in a statement after the Week 17 loss to the Texans. The team later voided the guarantees in Fournette’s contract for leaving the bench to join a fight during a game against the Bills in Week 12.

With the guarantees gone, the Jaguars could cut Fournette with no financial repercussions. It appears, though, that they want to mend fences and keep the running back, hoping for more production in 2019.

Fournette, a first-round pick in 2017, appeared in only eight games and gained 624 yards and scored six total touchdowns on 155 touches.
    I bet the meeting went something like this.... Personal conjecture of course

Coughlin: Get your a$$ in shape, come back stronger and down 5-10 lbs.
    Fournette: I am good where I'm playing now
    Coughlin: While you are losing weight and getting quicker, learn to offense better and know when and where to block the blitzes.
    Fournette: But...
    Coughlin: Thank you for coming in, have a great off season in the gym and with your personal training staff that we hired and will be reporting back to us on your progress.

Not exactly the people person coach, got to be a bit more harsh as EVP with the owner's backing his every move.
  • Hawk12 said:

Coughlin: While you are losing weight and getting quicker, learn to offense better and know when and where to block the blitzes.
    Coughlin: Thank you for coming in, have a great off season in the gym and with your personal training staff that we hired and will be reporting back to us on your progress.

Not exactly the people person coach, got to be a bit more harsh as EVP with the owner's backing his every move.

Sounds about right, but some of these guys need this sort of mothering. Their maturity level has been delayed because of their talent.

• chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,575

Hawk12 said:

Sounds about right, but some of these guys need this sort of mothering. Their maturity level has been delayed because of their talent.
    Sounds like his father did not give him the beatdown that he needed as a child.

The St. Louis University Billikens basketball team just had a real nice prospect leave school after playing the 1st half of his freshman year.

The kid has talent and when they recruited him the coaching staff knew he had issues since he played for 2 different high schools and 2 different AAU teams. But, did not want to go to class. Was late for practices and team meetings, Pouted if he did not start, which he usually did start. His father must have not given him the necessary home training. The Billikens just started conference play an certainly could have used him if he wasn't an asshole. One of the seniors called him out about it and the kid dropped an F-Bomb and left school. Now he gets to sit out the remainder of his freshman year and I think all of his sophomore year. I hope that he gets stuck playing division 2 ball and winds up serving fies.

The Billikens are 2-0 in conference. 2 Big FU Gordon wins. Sounds like Founette needs his beatdown right away
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, JonnuSmith
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
    I'm not so sure it's his father not beating him as much as it is how much the schools and colleges baby these guys because they are stars. Teachers giving As letting them skip class etc all because if they get anbad grade they can't play ball and hurts the team.
    And besides. You can't give your kids beats downs any more Gramps, not unless you want jail time
  • lukeb5301 said:

I'm not so sure it's his father not beating him as much as it is how much the schools and colleges baby these guys because they are stars. Teachers giving As letting them skip class etc all because if they get anbad grade they can't play ball and hurts the team.

Exactly what I was thinking.

• lukeb5301 said:

Yep
    Chuckie appears still stuck in the choose your beating method - belt, switch or wooded spoon, you pick....

WHile that may have worked in 1925, we have moved past that and are more into discussions and motivation from other tactics sir. But yeah I was directly referring to lack of personal discipline and upbringing as to why he's not as good as he should. Natural talent can let you sneak by a lot in high school, and even college levels these days; but in the pros its a league filled with super talented players that work hard - slackers stand out as lazy. My gut tells me Fournette is one of those by his lack of production with the obvious talent he has.

Maybe that changes, maybe he's good with one rookie contract as that is still a lot of money for most people to earn in their life... Only time will tell.
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,431
    I keep my son inline when I have to. My son maybe bigger than me but he knows who’s the boss in my house. I love him to death but he better respect what I say, tough love is hard. You don’t need to a ass about it, just stern. You can’t be friends as a father but you can have trust. If you become friends as they grow up that’s where you lose the relationship as a father because you will confuse him and lose that respect and lose the right path they need to be on!
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    well said Swampies
    edited January 13
    Give me a break... A BEATDOWN doesn't have to be physical.

But, SOMEBODY HAS to stop mollycoddling these BABIES! Fournette, Cartierre Gordon (Billikens)... somebody has to tell them to GROW UP. So, a junior transfer now in his senior year name Javon Bess told Gordon that the team was tired of his crap (see shit). If his father had imposed some harsh discipline (verbal, denial of privileges OR SOMETHING) then maybe that BABY would not have advanced to his POS disposition.
    It's kind of like what Gene Hackman (Hoosiers) said to Jimmy... "I honestly don't care if you play or not"
  • IpkissIpkiss Posts: 464

Give me a break... A BEATDOWN doesn't have to be physical.

But, SOMEBODY HAS to stop mollycoddling these BABIES! Fournette, Cartierre Gordon (Billikens)... somebody has to tell them to GROW UP. So, a junior transfer now in his senior year name Javon Bess told Gordon that the team was tired of his crap (see shit). If his father had imposed some harsh discipline (verbal, denial of privileges OR SOMETHING) then maybe that BABY would not have advanced to his POS disposition.

So you're into physical AND mental abuse on a child!? Where's the Father of the Year Trophy? Unreal...