fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts roku-amazon-tv-49-inch macbook pro amazon Blue-Yetti-USB-Mic 25-inch-lg-ultra-wide-monitor

Dynasty 16 team PPR Championship - thanks to Smitty and people here!

So 5 years ago I took up a new FF bug, taking over dumpster fire D teams and trying to rebuild them. I know, what a way to give away money.... This team was my 1st garbage on fire squad, and I was determined to become competitive, and I mean determined!!! Spent more time reviewing this league than my next 10 leagues in the last 5 years.

My 2014 takeover team is on the link and was highlighted with:

http://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2014/options?L=44246&O=07

Geno Smith, Matt Flynn
Demarco Murray, Latavius Murray, Jaquizz Rodgers, Anthony Dixon, and more plauersx that really never played much football
Andre Johnson (at 34 years old), Robert Woods (who was a young kid that I really liked and have held), Terrance Williams, Vincent Brown, and more much less desirable WRs
Coby Fleener, Josh Hill

My 2018 Team that just Won the league:
http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/16165#1

Watson, Tyrod Taylor
Kamara, Blount
Antonio Brown, Micheal Thomas, Mike Evans, Robert Woods, John Brown, Travis Benjamin
Cameron Brate , Olsen, Goedert

It is with great satisfaction that I beat a team that was so darn dominant pretty much had trouble finding teams to join the league. His squad was and still is better than mine, with deeper talent and higher end RBs galore! But on any given Sunday, or so they say....

My point is, with the help on here, and the advice on the forums - I was able to turn around that crap pile. Yes this is a league that is mostly guys on here, and I'm not bragging, I'm sharing this for everyone that has doubts on taking over teams in existing leagues - you too can do it! Listen to advice, reads @Smitty articles, and make your own decisions using the tools here; anything can happen!

Thanks to all the guys in that league, you all have been great competition over the last 5 seasons, and so much fun getting to know some of you a bit better. Good luck to everyone next year, as I caught lighting in a bottle this year. It could be any of you next year!

Comments

• Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,227
    For the record, this is and will not be my only championship this year, look like 3 or 4 wins out of 15 leagues, and either 6 or 7 cashes in total! Great site, great advice, and good people around here.

Listen up, learn, and make your own decisions with what is available. Merry Christmas to everyone, have a great, happy and healthy New Year!
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 6,736
    That was an awesome win for you Hawk! Your opponent has a stacked team and when I joined this league this year, Ill admit that i was playing for 2nd place bc I didn’t think Heisenberg’s team was touchable but you did it man!

Congrats!
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,218
    Hawk12 said:

For the record, this is and will not be my only championship this year, look like 3 or 4 wins out of 15 leagues, and either 6 or 7 cashes in total! Great site, great advice, and good people around here.

Listen up, learn, and make your own decisions with what is available. Merry Christmas to everyone, have a great, happy and healthy New Year!

Well said, congrats and Merry Christmas!!!!
  • Congrats Hawk

Love that someone took down Heisenberg in that league...

I was witness to your transformation...very impressive
    12 Team PPR Dynasty
    QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex RB/WR/TE

Wentz, A Smith, Eli
    L Bell, M Lynch, M Ingram, D Cook, C Carson, D Henderson
    A Brown, C Davis, T Hill, J Gordon, J Doctson, C Kupp, B Miller
    Kelce, Gronkowski, Brate
    1.6, 2.5 Rookie Picks

• Congrats!
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • GuinnessIsGoodForYouGuinnessIsGoodForYou Posts: 7,747
    edited December 2018
    Nice job! Rebuilding a crappy team is much more satisfying and impressive than drafting a winner.

• 👍
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.
  • Awesome job Hawk! But, don't sell yourself short. You give as much good advice here as you get.
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, JonnuSmith
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, Baldwin, Parker, Hurns, Westbrook, Cole, R.Matthews / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz

Congrats Hawk

Love that someone took down Heisenberg in that league...

I was witness to your transformation...very impressive

Thought you were going to win it a couple of years back, you had the team to knock off the monster squad.... Miss having you in the league Troy!

Congrats!

Nice job! Rebuilding a crappy team is much more satisfying and impressive than drafting a winner.

Awesome job Hawk! But, don't sell yourself short. You give as much good advice here as you get.

Thx guys, I appreciate it. Taking over dumpster fires has become my newest FF obsession. Sadly I joined my 1st new fresh dynasty this year and tanked that original draft and will be taking over my own dumpster fire team on that one. But hey, I now know I can do it against tough competition.

Merry Christmas everyone, this place is such a good community - I wish all of you a happy and healthy 2019!
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 7,521
    Way to go!
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,333
    Congrats @Hawk12
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U