fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2018 fantasy football player pages 2018 fantasy football articles, predictions, sleepers fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

Due to upgrades, you MAY need to RESET YOUR PASSWORD in order to login. Email Me if having issues!

News???????????????

SmittySmitty Posts: 6,766
edited June 9 in News
It's Beta, meaning if the response is huge, it should stay. Spread the word, traffic on this feature will determine it's fate.

Thoughts? Who's all in on taking on the newswires? FFX use to have this, i want to bring it back (if the traffic is on the page, SPREAD THE WORD!)!
- Smitty
SleeperU.com

Comments

• SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,650
    I like it, but personally would prefer if it was a twitter feed with links back to the SleeperU sight if you wanted to read the details.

I personally check twitter for news and then head to SleeperU to see what discussions or articles are taking place about said topic.
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 6,766
    edited June 9
    Hey @SMFFCN thanks for the feedback, I’ll be likely posting the headline and link on twitter so add Sleeper__u ! Also, keep in mind the news is only half the battle here. It's the fantasy take. Even if let's say you get news 10 different ways and likely see this stuff on other sites/feeds before or at the same time, do you get a 'fantasy take' that you love with those? That's the bigger part of it, each news bit has a SleeperU write-up.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 2,930
    It be great if you could implement a rolling scroll on the page of new news. Don’t know if that is possible but would love to see it!
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    I’ll give it some thought.

Overall, the fantasy tales attached to each will up the content at SleeperU 10x.

Spread the word if you all want it to stay, please help make the addition a doable addition! I need your help!
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • DonDon Posts: 5,317
    The more takes the better for me. Fantasy analysis is always appreciated. I remember when it was a feature of FFX. Personally I refresh the Rotoworld feed several times a day, Twitter, MFL, all seem to have instant breaking news. Imho it won’t be a source for me to find breaking news because i’ll have likely already heard it, but I’m interested in multiple takes and always insteresred in instant fantasy analysis. So I would read it to see your takes.
    edited June 9
    Yep, The fantasy takes are what it’s all about. We had RSS feeds already. This newswire will call out the relevant weekly news that deserves talking about.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • DonDon Posts: 5,317
    Yep, The fantasy takes are what it’s all about. We had RSS feeds already. This newswire will call out the relevant weekly news that deserves talking about.
    I like that
    Hey @SMFFCN thanks for the feedback, I’ll be likely posting the headline and link on twitter so add Sleeper__u ! Also, keep in mind the news is only half the battle here. It's the fantasy take. Even if let's say you get news 10 different ways and likely see this stuff on other sites/feeds before or at the same time, do you get a 'fantasy take' that you love with those? That's the bigger part of it, each news bit has a SleeperU write-up.
    Yep, love that concept. I’ll be a regular reader if they’re added onto your twitter feed once they post. I may not come to the page directly to scroll through but would absolutely click on over via twitter if it was a write up on something that I wanted more takes on.
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 4,888
    Good stuff oh Grand Poobah! Some kind of crawl atop the Forums page wiuld remind me to check it for details
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, Carr, Rosen, J.Adams / RB - Kamara, DJ, Zeke, Bell, D.Cook, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, AJG, M.Thomas, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, Doyle
    DST - Ravens, Vikings, Broncos, Saints / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Eli, Trubiski, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, Crowell, A.Jones,JamaalWilliams, M.Davis
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, Baldwin, Parker, Hurns, Westbrook, Cole, R.Matthews / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 6,566
    Heck yeah! I’m the same as Vaughn with Rotoworld... would love a one stop shop!
  • Meh - I don’t think I would go there too often. I would read all of them if they were under the “news” tab of the forum like this thread. I have a link direct to the forum.

• KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 826
    Thanks Smitty. This is a keeper. I love it. I don't do social media, so NFL.com and SleeperU are my first stops for news.
    Glad to hear it, I think everyone will grow to love and need the fantasy takes. Think of it like you hear anywhere that Hyde is expected to start Week 1, news that is out right now on lots of newswires... of course you want to know what someone specifically thinks on that, that's going to be the driving force behind the newswire, not so much to break anything always first. It's to address it for you all and give the prediction.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    Yep, love that concept. I’ll be a regular reader if they’re added onto your twitter feed once they post. I may not come to the page directly to scroll through but would absolutely click on over via twitter if it was a write up on something that I wanted more takes on.
    SMFFCN can you check to see if you're seeing the Twitter posts via Sleeper__U (two underscores) ?
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    SMFFCN can you check to see if you're seeing the Twitter posts via Sleeper__U (two underscores) ?
    @smitty yep they're coming through and the link worked perfectly as well. Haven't tried this on mobile yet but I'll give you a heads up if there's any issue.
    Awesome
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com