fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

The NEW SleeperU.com is here... Check it out!

Devonta Smith or Kyle Pitts in dynasty?

SmittySmitty Posts: 9,585
What side are you?
- Smitty
SleeperU.com

Comments

• CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,826
    Smith for me out of college... Kid is pure route runner. NFL is completely different animal though... will be interesting to see what happens for both
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 13,672
    Pitts, mostly because of the scarcity of depth at the position. Where they land may play into it also.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 1,110
    As someone picking at 1.05 and expecting Harris, Etienne, Williams, and Chase to be gone, I might be choosing between these very players. I'm leaning Pitts, for the reason WTCM listed.

I need to hear from the GM/coach of the team that drafts him, want to make sure Pitts will be utilized more like a WR than a TE. I want to make sure he's viewed in the offense as an imitation of Kelce, Kittle, Waller. I'm as high on Pitts as anyone, but I remember the Hockenson/O.J. Howard hype too. I have no desire to draft a low-end TE1/high-end TE2 at 1.05. Whoever picks him needs to view as a primary target in the offense. Assuming that is the case, I'd prefer him to Smith.

I haven't exactly been good at picking rookie WRs lately, but I'm just not feeling it with Smith. I already own Diontae Johnson, I'd prefer to not stock up on slim WRs.
    10-team, non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE.
    2021 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Christian McCaffrey, RB Dalvin Cook, WR AJ Brown, WR Courtland Sutton, WR Diontae Johnson, WR Laviska Shenault, WR Henry Ruggs
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 2,787
    Really torn there. I have Pitts ranked higher though. Both should be elite players. Pitts for me.
    D3:
    QB—Allen, Lamar, Big Ben RB—Zeke, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, Evans (R), Coleman, Pollard, McFarland WR—MThomas, Diggs, Lamb (R), Claypool, Lazard, Hardman, Beasley, Coutee TE—Tonyan, Jonnu, Graham PK—Lutz DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Stafford, Big Ben, Alex Smith RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Edmonds, Cohen, Breida, Ty Johnson WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jefferson (R), Jones, Jeffery, Tre'Quan, Amendola TE—LThomas, Smith, Reed, Kmet, Trautman PK—Bass DEF—Bears

Superflex:
    QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Hill RB—Kamara, Singletary, Mostert, Cohen, Booker, Ito, Perine WR—Claypool, Beasley, MJones, Ward, Pascal, Hardman, Reynolds, Higgins, Tre'Quan, Fitz TE—LThomas, Graham, Hurst, Kmet PK—Gano DEF—Seahawks
  • TripleThreatTripleThreat Posts: 997
    Pitts for me. Elite TE's are hard to get and can give you advantage.
  • chaindog35chaindog35 Posts: 521
    Pitts because of his incredible ability and elite upside in a scarce position. I like both though
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 1,986
    I hope the Falcons take Pitts. But, I'll take Pitts over Smith.
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 7,772
    I think Pitts as well, his talent combined with his position does it for me also....
  • georgegeorge Posts: 532
    Depending on landing spot, I might take him 1.01.
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,826
    george said:

😲😲
    george said:

That's BOLD. As of today he is my 1.04
  • georgegeorge Posts: 532
    edited April 18
    I just think he's the one athlete in this draft that can create the most mismatches.
    george said:

I just think he's the one athlete in this draft that can create the most mismatches.

They said this about Vernon Davis once. Pitts is being compared to him ironically
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 7,159
    WTCM said:

george said:

They said this about Vernon Davis once. Pitts is being compared to him ironically
    Hmmmm... I was thinking about VD also... No... don't even go there
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - J.Allen, J.Herbert, R.Wilson, Stafford / RB - Kamara, D.Cook, Zeke, Saquon, Mattison, Pollard, Latavius Murray, Gallman
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, Lamb, Claypool, Mooney / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, Knox
    DST - Ravens, Buccaneers / K - Sanders
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold, Marriota / RB - R.Jones, Dillon, D.Harris, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, R.Armstead, Benjamin, McKissic
    WR DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Perriman, Hamler, Boykin, Byrd, DavidMoore, Guyton / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Knox
    DST - Steelers, Buccaneers / K - Lutz
    2021 Draft Picks 1.02, 1.06, 1.12, 2.02, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06, 5.06
  • DAXDAX Posts: 2,013
    WTCM said:

george said:

yeah but he was a headcase when he started in the league. singletary couldn't do it with him. and by it i mean trust him to be on the field.

if a player with this type of skill wants to be great then they surely will. that's why brees is going to the hof and a litany of high 1st round qbs bust their way out of the league.
  • DAXDAX Posts: 2,013

devonta smith landed in a horrible spot with hurts as his qb.

pitts landed in the best possible spot for him.

the choice is easy now.
    Jones shouldn't be their for much long. If Ryan moves on, a weaker armed QB will only rely more on Pitts. With no decent run game, Pitts will be pitting up monster numbers by next year.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    PITTS!!!!!