fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

The NEW SleeperU.com is here... Check it out!

Deshaun Watson legal trouble

I’m all for do process but he currently has a lot of accusers from various cities. The lawyer is the same. Watson is labeled a “Serial predator”

I’m not sure what to do with Watson other than wait.

therioes floating around
Did the Texans hide this info and paid people off until Watson no longer wanted to be a Texan?
Are the Texans intentionally damaging his PR and teams willing to trade for him; by getting these random women to make up these things. I wonder if there is something in his contract about legal trouble that changes the no trade clause or something else.

Dynasty
D.Watson. Tua T
J Jacobs. C Carson. R Mostert. D Henderson.T Pollard. L Fournette
T Hill. J Jefferson. Ceedee Lamb. Chase Claypool. J Edelman. M Hardman.
Mark Andrews. C Kmet
Steelers. Dolphins.

Comments

• SmittySmitty Posts: 9,570
    Yeah, it's getting bad @footballchix ... it sounds like he surely isn't 'innocent' entirely, but it's tough to say what claims are chasing money and fame and which are actual issues. Point is, with nearly 20 claims or 24... hard to imagine him proving all false. This could end bad.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 2,765
    Smitty said:

Yeah, it's getting bad @footballchix ... it sounds like he surely isn't 'innocent' entirely, but it's tough to say what claims are chasing money and fame and which are actual issues. Point is, with nearly 20 claims or 24... hard to imagine him proving all false. This could end bad.

UGH. WTH, dude. How can these guys not stay out of trouble?
    D3:
    QB—Allen, Lamar, Big Ben RB—Zeke, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, Evans (R), Coleman, Pollard, McFarland WR—MThomas, Diggs, Lamb (R), Claypool, Lazard, Hardman, Beasley, Coutee TE—Tonyan, Jonnu, Graham PK—Lutz DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Stafford, Big Ben, Alex Smith RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Edmonds, Cohen, Breida, Ty Johnson WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jefferson (R), Jones, Jeffery, Tre'Quan, Amendola TE—LThomas, Smith, Reed, Kmet, Trautman PK—Bass DEF—Bears

Superflex:
    QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Hill RB—Kamara, Singletary, Mostert, Cohen, Booker, Ito, Perine WR—Claypool, Beasley, MJones, Ward, Pascal, Hardman, Reynolds, Higgins, Tre'Quan, Fitz TE—LThomas, Graham, Hurst, Kmet PK—Gano DEF—Seahawks
  • DAXDAX Posts: 2,006

half my teams are gonna go down the shitter if any of this is true.
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,806
    Watson could be done.... if even one is true, he should be.
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 13,611
    edited March 25

Smitty said:

He's young, has tons of money, and is viewed as the face of a franchise. All these things bode well for him, but are also negatives in retrospect. We can only imagine how many "IG models" are DMing these guys to hook up. The temptation is tremendous for these young men. Its also very hard to discard the number of individuals coming forward. The timing of all this is just very suspect. People may look at Watson and see bank. I'll wait till all the facts are out.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

Smitty said:

He's young, has tons of money, and is viewed as the face of a franchise. All these things bode well for him, but are also negatives in retrospect. We can only imagine how many "IG models" are DMing these guys to hook up. The temptation is tremendous for these young men. Its also very hard to discard the number of individuals coming forward. The timing of all this is just very suspect. People may look at Watson and see bank. I'll wait till all the facts are out.
    Yeah, I'd just think after seeing so many guys get in trouble that they'd learn to be more careful! When ONE girl comes forward I wait to see what happens. But when it's 5, or 10—that pattern is hard to ignore. When you get those kinds of numbers, it usually doesn't bode well. If you look at fake rape claims or fake harassment claims there are actually very few. MOST of the accusations are true.

"Over the past 20 years, only 2-10% of rape accusations (Prof Ford's lawyer says she believes this was attempted rape) are proven to be fake, argue the authors of a 2010 US study."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45565684

But man, I hope that this isn't true.
    D3:
    QB—Allen, Lamar, Big Ben RB—Zeke, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, Evans (R), Coleman, Pollard, McFarland WR—MThomas, Diggs, Lamb (R), Claypool, Lazard, Hardman, Beasley, Coutee TE—Tonyan, Jonnu, Graham PK—Lutz DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Stafford, Big Ben, Alex Smith RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Edmonds, Cohen, Breida, Ty Johnson WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jefferson (R), Jones, Jeffery, Tre'Quan, Amendola TE—LThomas, Smith, Reed, Kmet, Trautman PK—Bass DEF—Bears

Superflex:
    QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Hill RB—Kamara, Singletary, Mostert, Cohen, Booker, Ito, Perine WR—Claypool, Beasley, MJones, Ward, Pascal, Hardman, Reynolds, Higgins, Tre'Quan, Fitz TE—LThomas, Graham, Hurst, Kmet PK—Gano DEF—Seahawks
    One is plenty. There are so many situations that go unreported. Lets be honest, if all cases are brought to the attention, half the league could be behind bars. Kareem Hunt and Tyreek Hill are still stars in the NFL. What does that tell you about the front office of the league?
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

One is plenty. There are so many situations that go unreported. Lets be honest, if all cases are brought to the attention, half the league could be behind bars. Kareem Hunt and Tyreek Hill are still stars in the NFL. What does that tell you about the front office of the league?

One if for sure plenty, but when it's MULTIPLE I really believe there is a pattern and MUCH less chance of it being false. I believe women, I believe victims. The NFL for sure protects its interests.
    D3:

D4:

Superflex:
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 4,927
    Personally I think nothing will come from it. We had players kill people and they still played the next season.
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,695
    The days of getting off like Jim Brown & Ray Lewis are over..... suspension looming
    edited March 29
    swampies said:

Personally I think nothing will come from it. We had players kill people and they still played the next season.

https://i.postimg.cc/T2F5XN9y/af6be309d629d4a4a9dd8d04f987fca9.jpg
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 7,125
    Glad I don't have any shares
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - J.Allen, J.Herbert, R.Wilson, Stafford / RB - Kamara, D.Cook, Zeke, Saquon, Mattison, Pollard, Latavius Murray, Gallman
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, Lamb, Claypool, Mooney / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, Knox
    DST - Ravens, Buccaneers / K - Sanders
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold, Marriota / RB - R.Jones, Dillon, D.Harris, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, R.Armstead, Benjamin, McKissic
    WR DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Perriman, Hamler, Boykin, Byrd, DavidMoore, Guyton / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Knox
    DST - Steelers, Buccaneers / K - Lutz
    2021 Draft Picks 1.02, 1.06, 1.12, 2.02, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06, 5.06
  • TripleThreatTripleThreat Posts: 961

Glad I don't have any shares

Same here and not trying to buy him either...
    Shit. This does look bad. Dammit. What an asshole.
    D3:

D4:

Superflex:
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 5,490
    I have one share and that is too many for me at this point. This could be career ending for him.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 1,104
    At the absolute very least, he's an enormous pervert. There was no forced contact in this case, but with 20+ accusers...man, DW is screwed.
    10-team, non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE.
    2021 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Christian McCaffrey, RB Dalvin Cook, WR AJ Brown, WR Courtland Sutton, WR Diontae Johnson, WR Laviska Shenault, WR Henry Ruggs
  • footballchixfootballchix Posts: 1,050
    There was forced oral sex twice 🤮 🤢. For men on this site I can only say if that was your daughter, sister, girlfriend or wife how would you really feel if a client treated them like that. He can’t get off no way. Suspension is clearly needed.

Dynasty
    D.Watson. Tua T
    Mark Andrews. C Kmet
    Steelers. Dolphins.
    What a POS of a role model. I’ve said it before on here, one is too many and needs to be done in the NFL. This crap needs cleaned up and if an example needs made, make it. It’s ridiculous.
    edited March 30
    Amazing how everyone is made him guilty, innocent until proven guilty not mean anything anymore! Lol

He has zero records as we know of and as soon as he wants out of Houston in a no trade clause it just happens that all this comes out by Coincidence, yeah ok like Houston is not behind this at all!
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    I understand what you’re saying swampies and I should have chosen better words and put a big IF in there.
    Houston.. what's left of your team. Goodness, the one asset they had of value is now trash. They could have traded him for some value, now nothing. Was fun while it lasted Deshawn. Looks like the Texans will be drafting a replacement this year.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 2,521
    Timing does seem odd but what does HOU have to gain by destroying their franchise QB’s career?

He sits out, they lose. They destroy his image and doesn’t play, they lose. He gets suspended from the league, they lose. There’s zero motivation for them to fabricate this scenario, IMO.

That said, IF he’s found guilty he needs to be done. That’s presenting a terrible role model and just being a s**t human being. With the amount of presented cases I believe we’ve seen the last of him.
  • footballchixfootballchix Posts: 1,050
    It’s like close to 16 women lying for a bag grab is highly unlikely. Times are hard to massage therapist but 16 liars is tough. He has zero criminal charges which is what I find interesting.

Dynasty
    D.Watson. Tua T
    Mark Andrews. C Kmet
    Steelers. Dolphins.

It’s like close to 16 women lying for a bag grab is highly unlikely. Times are hard to massage therapist but 16 liars is tough. He has zero criminal charges which is what I find interesting.

Not yet....... The criminal charges will eventually be filed on many of these claims IMO.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    SMFFCN said:

Timing does seem odd but what does HOU have to gain by destroying their franchise QB’s career?

He sits out, they lose. They destroy his image and doesn’t play, they lose. He gets suspended from the league, they lose. There’s zero motivation for them to fabricate this scenario, IMO.

That said, IF he’s found guilty he needs to be done. That’s presenting a terrible role model and just being a s**t human being. With the amount of presented cases I believe we’ve seen the last of him.

Couldn't agree more!
    SleeperU Forum Moderator

Suspension is clearly needed.

Out of the league and thrown into jail is more like it. If Bill Cosby got tossed for the 29 or 41 some odd women that accused him, no reason Watson can get away from this either. His silence hasn't helped his cause.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:

If times are hard for these people what’s to say they didn’t cash in already by taking $ to lie? Just playing devil’s advocate. Politicians do it all the time!
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    swampies said:

If times are hard for these people what’s to say they didn’t cash in already by taking $ to lie? Just playing devil’s advocate. Politicians do it all the time!
    While I get your point of view, and this was a fabrication to the fullest, why hasn't the Watson camp given the public something to negate these accusations? They really haven't unfortunately.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    swampies said:

Very few women falsely claim this kind of stuff. 16 is a LOT. If it was one or two, sure, I'd wait to see what was up. But 16? No. I can't see it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45565684

"Over the past 20 years, only 2-10% of rape accusations...are proven to be fake, argue the authors of a 2010 US study."
    D3:

D4:

Superflex: