fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

The NEW SleeperU.com is here... Check it out!

2021 Breakouts

I am officially having football withdrawals. I've seen plenty of fantasy takes on social media, fantasy publications, etc. I'm curious to see who the SleeperU community thinks could breakout in 2021. I'll leave it to you to determine what breakout means. From RB3 to RB1, low-end WR2 to WR1, totally unknown to RB2, whatever. A player who is drafted in the middle-to-late rounds in redraft that'll turn out to be a star.

2020 examples: Josh Allen, DK Metcalf, Calvin Ridley, David Montgomery

(Justin Herbert, Jonathan Taylor, James Robinson, Justin Jefferson if you're bold enough to pick rookies)

---------------------------

My picks...

QB: Zach Wilson - This year's Justin Herbert. Won't garner the hype the QBs taken 1-2 will (I think it'll be Lawrence/Fields), but ends up shocking in year #1.
RB: AJ Dillon - perceived stupid draft pick or not, I think the Packers grabbed #28 with their eye on 2021. Space to re-sign Aaron Jones just isn't there. They'll sign/draft a pass catching RB, but Dillon will be a strong RB2.
WR: CeeDee Lamb - Lamb is by no means a deep sleeper, but I think he climbs all the way to high-end WR1 status.
TE: I have no pick, this position is in a bad place.
10-team, non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE.
2021 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Christian McCaffrey, RB Dalvin Cook, RB AJ Dillon, WR AJ Brown, WR Courtland Sutton, WR Diontae Johnson, WR Laviska Shenault, WR Henry Ruggs

Comments

• WTCMWTCM Posts: 13,504
    Don't kid yourself, Montgomery wasn't a breakout. He was a product of injuries and mass feeding. The ypc says it all. As for breakouts goes.. I like a more than a few. CeeDee Lamb is the first blaring name that stands out. I'm hoping the Chiefs move on from dud Watkins and give Mecole Hardman a chance to shine. I feel Gabriel Davis has star written all over him. Its just a matter of when. Needless to say, if the Broncos upgrade their QB situation, Jerry Jeudy enters the top 5 conversation. In the same situation, but at less cost is Michael Pittman Jr. Bengals might have their next Chad Johnson in Tee Higgins, expect the sophomore to be a consistent WR2

DeAndre Swift
    leads the way for me with RBs. The Lions are a mess on offence, but they have Swift that creates plays. Antonio Williams of the Bills is a deeper sleeper of mine. He's a beast on the field, the guys ahead of him are that special. Salvon Ahmed produced whenever given the opportunity. He also is a three down back. Tony Pollard is the guy to grab at season end this year. Zeke has been outstanding, but he did slow down this year. (Or shut himself down). His contact is massive and one that lasts till Elliott turns 30. I don't see Jerry Jones, handing out money to an aging back that produces the same as a very cheap Pollard.

I love Joe Burrow heading into the new year. Dude loves to air it out and he's got a budding stud in Higgins with a decent running game to lean on. I think everyone's QB late pick will be Jalen Hurts. He isn't the most accurate Qb but he can utilize his legs with the best of them. Posting similar numbers to Lamar in his rookie year. If he can run for 800 yards in the year, he'll flirt with the top 5.

PPR league owners loved Logan Thomas. He quietly was third in the league in receptions. Philly uses TEs, Dallas Goedert will be the guy in 2021, and a receiver Hurts will lean on. Lastly is Mike Gesicki, kid is a baller. Freak of an athlete and a favorite target of Tua. He shown he could be a future top 3 guy.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • wh0urdadywh0urdady Posts: 3,606
    Chase Claypool, Tee Higgins...Goedert will be mid TE1, but i don't expect top 5 TE numbers.
    Swift may put himself as a top 5 pick in 2022 redrafts. If Jax doesn't draft a RB, James Robinson is still being slept on.
    QB: Cousins
    RB: Mixon
    RB: Hunt
    WR: Julio
    WR: MThomas
    WR: Golladay
    Flex: Woods
    TE: Kittle
    DST: 49ers

Bench
    QB Arod
    RB: Guice, Love, Swift, Breida, Coleman, DThompson, Darrel Williams
    WR: Ruggs, Claypool, Agholor, Higgins, Keesean Johnson
    TE: D Waller
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 2,705
    Mostert, McFarland, Lamb, Jeudy, Gesicki, Pitts
    D3:
    QB—Allen, Lamar, Big Ben RB—Zeke, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, Evans (R), Coleman, Pollard, McFarland WR—MThomas, Diggs, Lamb (R), Claypool, Lazard, Hardman, Beasley, Coutee TE—Tonyan, Jonnu, Graham PK—Lutz DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Stafford, Big Ben, Alex Smith RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Edmonds, Cohen, Breida, Ty Johnson WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jefferson (R), Jones, Jeffery, Tre'Quan, Amendola TE—LThomas, Smith, Reed, Kmet, Trautman PK—Bass DEF—Bears

Superflex:
    QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Hill RB—Kamara, Singletary, Mostert, Cohen, Booker, Ito, Perine WR—Claypool, Beasley, MJones, Ward, Pascal, Hardman, Reynolds, Higgins, Tre'Quan, Fitz TE—LThomas, Graham, Hurst, Kmet PK—Gano DEF—Seahawks
  • This thread is giving me a giant chubby as I have Dillon, Claypool and Gesicki and 5 of the 1st 18 picks

I really like Dillon and am HOPING for RoJo to continue
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - J.Allen, J.Herbert, R.Wilson, Stafford / RB - Kamara, D.Cook, Zeke, Saquon, Mattison, Pollard, Latavius Murray, Gallman
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, Lamb, Claypool, Mooney / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, Knox
    DST - Ravens, Buccaneers / K - Sanders
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold, Marriota / RB - R.Jones, Dillon, D.Harris, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, R.Armstead, Benjamin, McKissic
    WR DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Perriman, Hamler, Boykin, Byrd, DavidMoore, Guyton / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Knox
    DST - Steelers, Buccaneers / K - Lutz
  • Mostert, McFarland, Lamb, Jeudy, Gesicki, Pitts

Why you think McFarland? Lots of mocks have Pittsburgh taking another RB. Would like your feedback!

Why you think McFarland? Lots of mocks have Pittsburgh taking another RB. Would like your feedback!
    If they don't draft a RB I think he could do well there, he flashed and none of the other RBs there impress me.
    D3:
    QB—Allen, Lamar, Big Ben RB—Zeke, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, Evans (R), Coleman, Pollard, McFarland WR—MThomas, Diggs, Lamb (R), Claypool, Lazard, Hardman, Beasley, Coutee TE—Tonyan, Jonnu, Graham PK—Lutz DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Stafford, Big Ben, Alex Smith RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Edmonds, Cohen, Breida, Ty Johnson WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jefferson (R), Jones, Jeffery, Tre'Quan, Amendola TE—LThomas, Smith, Reed, Kmet, Trautman PK—Bass DEF—Bears

Superflex:
    QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Hill RB—Kamara, Singletary, Mostert, Cohen, Booker, Ito, Perine WR—Claypool, Beasley, MJones, Ward, Pascal, Hardman, Reynolds, Higgins, Tre'Quan, Fitz TE—LThomas, Graham, Hurst, Kmet PK—Gano DEF—Seahawks

If they don't draft a RB I think he could do well there, he flashed and none of the other RBs there impress me.
    D3:

D4:

Superflex:

D3:

D4:

Superflex:
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 13,504
    Pittsburgh has a love of issues more pressing than RBs. QBs, OL to start. I would have traded Juju for a pick.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this: