fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

The NEW SleeperU.com is here... Check it out!

Doug Peterson fired by the Eagles

swampiesswampies Posts: 4,869
edited January 11 in News
After five seasons and one Super Bowl
The Eagles have fired Doug Pederson, per @TomPelissero

▪️Eagles offensive ranks in EPA per play under Doug Pederson:
2016 - 19th
2017 - 5th (won Super Bowl)
2018 - 13th
2019 - 16th
2020 - 29th
(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
SleeperU Forum Moderator
USA

Comments

• swampiesswampies Posts: 4,869
    If he was in Cincinnati he’d be there forever lol
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 9,502
    NEWS: Eagles fire Peterson; Sanders, Hurts stocks UP! Edit
    By Smitty | January 11, 2021 | 0
    fantasy football news

NEWS: Updating a previous report on this newswire, the Eagles have fired coach Doug Peterson, something many suggested would not ultimately happen. However, on this newswire last week, we suggested this was the only path to becoming 2021’s version of the Buffalo Bills. This move increases the value of Jalen Hurts and Miles Sanders, as Peterson only uses a RBBC approach, which killed the value of Sanders, and Peterson did not believe or support Jalen Hurts properly, which was crushing the locker room momentum and hype, not to mention holding back the QB from progressing.

FANTASY TAKE: I know many are reporting that this was writing on the wall, but just a few days ago, many suggested this would ultimately not go down… but, the Eagles clearly understand that the players are not behind Peterson, and that is more important to remedy than anything else, as the future is in Jalen Hurts, not Peterson. Also, Peterson would not have likely considered using the No. 6 overall pick on one of DeVonta Smith or Ja’Marr Chase, something I believe could vault this team into the elite. If you are an Eagles fan, get excited. This team could very well be the Buffalo Bills of 2021.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 13,411
    Hello Hurts and Sanders
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 7,584
    There are reports this firing may be the path to Wentz returning as the starting QB next year. Thoughts?
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 13,411
    Iceman said:

There are reports this firing may be the path to Wentz returning as the starting QB next year. Thoughts?

Colts. Cap space and a position void
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 9,502
    Iceman said:

Tough to say. I hope not.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 4,869
    edited January 13
    You would think a new coach wants his own QB unless they give Wentz one year to get his 💩 together before they make that move.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,621
    I think they are getting a new coach because Pederson didn't want Wentz anymore... their hands are tied with his contract. They can't move him without eating some $.
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 7,584
    Smitty said:

Iceman said:

Tough to say. I hope not.

Troy Aikman: Doug Pederson wanted Jalen Hurts, Jeffrey Lurie wanted Carson Wentz
    Posted by Michael David Smith on January 14, 2021, 5:34 AM EST
    New Orleans Saints v Philadelphia Eagles
    Getty Images

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie’s decision to fire coach Doug Pederson may have stemmed from a difference of opinion about who should be the team’s starting quarterback going forward.

Pederson thinks Jalen Hurts gives the Eagles the best chance to win, and Lurie wants to salvage Carson Wentz, according to Troy Aikman, who said on Michael Irvin’s podcast that he spoke to Pederson after Pederson was fired.

“I reached out to Doug Pederson yesterday when I heard the news,” Aikman said. “What I gathered it came down to was a difference of opinion as to how they’re moving forward at the quarterback position, is what I sensed. Jeff Lurie, the owner, has paid a lot of money to Carson Wentz, and they’re on the hook with him, they can’t get out of that contract right away. It’s my belief that Doug Pederson felt that Jalen Hurts is probably the quarterback going forward. And how does that mesh?”

Aikman said Pederson’s firing was “complex” and not just about the quarterback position. But Wentz’s regression, and the emergence of Hurts, is a major issue the Eagles have to address going forward. And if Lurie and Pederson weren’t on the same page, one of them was going to have to go. And it wasn’t going to be the owner.