fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

daily fantasy football fantasy underdog

📰 Who has NEWS 📰❓

1121314151618»

Comments

• SmittySmitty Posts: 9,616
    Yo
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 7,819
    Cam Newton QB, New England Patriots
    NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Cam Newton suffered a "slight bone bruise" during Friday's OTAs.

The injury is "not considered major at all." Newton injured his throwing hand on a teammates' helmet during 11-on-11 drills. He'll likely be shut down or limited for the remainder of OTAs as a precaution, but Newton should be 100 percent for the start of training camp. Newton's absence opens up first-team reps for Mac Jones and Jarrett Stidham.
    Source: NFL Network
    Jun 4, 2021, 7:34 PM ET
    Doubt this will ever happen, but will say again if it did defenses would call it in on gameday.....

Tyreek Hill would “love” playing alongside Julio Jones
    Posted by Charean Williams on June 4, 2021, 10:01 PM EDT
    NFL: DEC 29 Falcons at Buccaneers
    Getty Images

Julio Jones likely will play with one of 31 teams not named the Falcons this season. The Seahawks are the betting favorites, and it’s a good bet the star receiver ends up with a contender.

The Chiefs, as back-to-back AFC champions, are that.

Tight end Travis Kelce recently said he was “intrigued” by the possibility of Jones joining the Chiefs.

Receiver Tyreek Hill would love to see it happen, too.

“If I could play alongside Julio Jones, that would be amazing,” Hill said Friday in Wichita at Hill’s youth football camp, via the Kansas City Star. “I was in high school when he was doing his thing at Alabama, and I’ve been a fan ever since. How big he is, how fast he is and how dominant he is, we all know Julio is arguably the best in the game. If I’m able to play alongside Julio, I would love it.”

The Chiefs lost Sammy Watkins in free agency but still have Mecole Hardman, Demarcus Robinson and Bryon Pringle to go with Hill. Whether the Chiefs trade for Jones or not, Hill is confident in the receivers group the team has now.

“All of those guys will be fine,” Hill said. “Those guys are seasoned now. We’ve been to two Super Bowls, so those guys know the ropes. You’ve got Kelce, myself, Clyde [Edwards-Helaire], so basically you’ve got plenty of options to take the pressure off those guys. They don’t have to come in and be an immediate threat.

“It’s going to be fun to watch those guys grow into this offense and just evolve.”

But there’s no denying the Chiefs would be better with Jones.
    No Surprises here...

J.K. Dobbins RB, Baltimore Ravens
    Ravens offensive coordinator Greg Roman said the team has a "running group by committee."

Roman said the NFL's new 17-game season won't affect the team's backfield rotation because "we're going to use all" the running backs throughout the season. "While we’ve got some tremendous, what I would call highly underrated, talent at running back — and I include Gus Edwards in that, and I’m really excited about how Justice Hill is maturing as a pro — I feel really good about the stable we got. We’re going to use all of them," he said. "We’re not a one-trick pony at running back.” Roman's comments are concerning for anyone drafting second-year RB J.K Dobbins in the third round of 12-team drafts. Roman, however, said he wants to better familiarize Dobbins with the team's passing game in 2021. Dobbins, Roman said, "was just toting the rock, getting handoffs" in high school and college, not working as a pass catcher. In 2020, Dobbins led Baltimore's backfield with 14.46 pass routes per game and a meager 23 targets. He might require more pass game involvement to meet his ADP this season. We could see Edwards' and Dobbins' average draft positions narrow considerably over the next couple months.
    Related:

Gus Edwards, Jus
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 7,273
    Iceman said:

Doubt this will ever happen, but will say again if it did defenses would call it in on gameday.....

Tyreek Hill would “love” playing alongside Julio Jones
    Posted by Charean Williams on June 4, 2021, 10:01 PM EDT
    NFL: DEC 29 Falcons at Buccaneers
    Getty Images

Julio Jones likely will play with one of 31 teams not named the Falcons this season. The Seahawks are the betting favorites, and it’s a good bet the star receiver ends up with a contender.

The Chiefs, as back-to-back AFC champions, are that.

Tight end Travis Kelce recently said he was “intrigued” by the possibility of Jones joining the Chiefs.

Receiver Tyreek Hill would love to see it happen, too.

“If I could play alongside Julio Jones, that would be amazing,” Hill said Friday in Wichita at Hill’s youth football camp, via the Kansas City Star. “I was in high school when he was doing his thing at Alabama, and I’ve been a fan ever since. How big he is, how fast he is and how dominant he is, we all know Julio is arguably the best in the game. If I’m able to play alongside Julio, I would love it.”

The Chiefs lost Sammy Watkins in free agency but still have Mecole Hardman, Demarcus Robinson and Bryon Pringle to go with Hill. Whether the Chiefs trade for Jones or not, Hill is confident in the receivers group the team has now.

“All of those guys will be fine,” Hill said. “Those guys are seasoned now. We’ve been to two Super Bowls, so those guys know the ropes. You’ve got Kelce, myself, Clyde [Edwards-Helaire], so basically you’ve got plenty of options to take the pressure off those guys. They don’t have to come in and be an immediate threat.

“It’s going to be fun to watch those guys grow into this offense and just evolve.”

But there’s no denying the Chiefs would be better with Jones.

I LOVE the idea... I have no shares of any Chiefs players and would LOVE the idea of Jones diminishing the fantasy production of Hill and Kelce
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - J.Allen, J.Herbert, R.Wilson, Stafford / RB - Kamara, D.Cook, Zeke, Saquon, Mattison, Pollard, Latavius Murray, Gallman
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, Lamb, Claypool, Mooney / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, Knox
    DST - Ravens, Buccaneers / K - Sanders
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - T.Lawrence, Z.Wilson, Darnold / RB - R.Jones, Dillon, D.Harris, DJ, K.Johnson, Benjamin, McKissic, Kylin Hill, Chris Evans, Kene Nwangwu
    WR DK.Metcalf, Claypool, K.Toney, T.Marshall, N.Collins, Perriman, Hamler, Boykin, Guyton / TE - K. Pitts, Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Knox
    DST - Steelers, Buccaneers / K - Lutz
    2022 Draft Pick TBD
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 7,273
    Iceman said:

No Surprises here...

J.K. Dobbins RB, Baltimore Ravens
    Ravens offensive coordinator Greg Roman said the team has a "running group by committee."

Roman said the NFL's new 17-game season won't affect the team's backfield rotation because "we're going to use all" the running backs throughout the season. "While we’ve got some tremendous, what I would call highly underrated, talent at running back — and I include Gus Edwards in that, and I’m really excited about how Justice Hill is maturing as a pro — I feel really good about the stable we got. We’re going to use all of them," he said. "We’re not a one-trick pony at running back.” Roman's comments are concerning for anyone drafting second-year RB J.K Dobbins in the third round of 12-team drafts. Roman, however, said he wants to better familiarize Dobbins with the team's passing game in 2021. Dobbins, Roman said, "was just toting the rock, getting handoffs" in high school and college, not working as a pass catcher. In 2020, Dobbins led Baltimore's backfield with 14.46 pass routes per game and a meager 23 targets. He might require more pass game involvement to meet his ADP this season. We could see Edwards' and Dobbins' average draft positions narrow considerably over the next couple months.
    Related:

Gus Edwards, Jus

As an owner of the Ravens defense... RUN RUN RUN the ball
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - J.Allen, J.Herbert, R.Wilson, Stafford / RB - Kamara, D.Cook, Zeke, Saquon, Mattison, Pollard, Latavius Murray, Gallman
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, Lamb, Claypool, Mooney / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, Knox
    DST - Ravens, Buccaneers / K - Sanders
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - T.Lawrence, Z.Wilson, Darnold / RB - R.Jones, Dillon, D.Harris, DJ, K.Johnson, Benjamin, McKissic, Kylin Hill, Chris Evans, Kene Nwangwu
    WR DK.Metcalf, Claypool, K.Toney, T.Marshall, N.Collins, Perriman, Hamler, Boykin, Guyton / TE - K. Pitts, Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Knox
    DST - Steelers, Buccaneers / K - Lutz
    2022 Draft Pick TBD
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 13,750
    Ravens and restricted free-agent running back Gus Edwards reached agreement on a two-year, $10 million contract extension, per his agent @DrewJRosenhaus. Edwards now under contract through 2023 season.

That's starter money.. RBBC
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Good news for IDP'rs

Vikings, Danielle Hunter agree to reworked deal
    Posted by Charean Williams on June 14, 2021, 3:28 PM EDT

Pass rusher Danielle Hunter was unhappy with his contract. Now, he’s happy . . . or happier.

Hunter and the Vikings have agreed to terms on a reworked deal, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports. It’s a win-win with Hunter getting significant money sooner than later, while the Vikings get Hunter to report.

Hunter, 26, is expected to attend the team’s mandatory minicamp that starts Tuesday.

Hunter gets $5.6 million due as a signing bonus this year, according to Rapoport. The Vikings now owe Hunter an $18 million roster bonus the fifth day of the league year in 2022.

So Minnesota will have a decision to make next March: Pay Hunter $20 million or so for 2022, release him or sign him to a new deal.

Hunter had expressed dissatisfaction with his contract, which runs through 2023, because of the annual new-money average of $14.4 million.

Hunter earned Pro Bowl honors in 2018 and 2019 after making 14.5 sacks in each season. He has 54.5 sacks since the Vikings made him a third-round choice in 2015. But he missed all of the 2020 season because of a neck injury.

Jets, Jamison Crowder renegotiate contract
    Posted by Mike Florio on June 14, 2021, 11:47 AM EDT
    New York Jets v Washington Redskins
    Getty Images

The Jets wanted receiver Jamison Crowder to take less. And he has.

The two sides have agreed to a renegotiated contract, via Ian Rapoport of NFL Media.

Details have not yet been revealed, which suggests that Crowder did indeed take a steep pay cut.

Rapoport notes that Crowder will be a free agent next year. But that was going to the be situation anyway; Crowder was entering the final year of his contract. Indeed, if he’d refused to take a pay cut, Crowder could have been a free agent even sooner.

The Jets reportedly wanted Crowder to reduce his $10 million salary by more than 50 percent. He had been absent from offseason workouts.