fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Regular Content is here... starting with this new Bold Prediction. Get some!

Official thread for week 10

Comments

• chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 6,774
    edited November 16
    WTCM said:

DAX said:

i hope nobody started dk metcalf today.

This is twice now that DK has been supressed by stud corners. PP was the first. I had my doubts about him playing Ramsey, but figured DK can over power him. Guess he's just not quite at that point yet.

The Nuk catch was insane, 3 guys, no flag just a catch. Poor Bills secondary.

Only reaaon Nuk got it was because it was the laat play of the game and I THINK he was the only player in the endzone. Still a little surprised that Mr. 10 RUSHING TDs did not just take off and run
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Herbert, Stafford, Minshew / RB - Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D.Cook, Mattison, Pollard, Latavius Murray, Eno Benjamin
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, Lamb, Claypool, AJG / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Bullock
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold, Allen / RB - R.Jones, Dillon, D.Harris, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, R.Armstead, Benjamin, McKissic
    WR DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Hamler, Perriman, Boykin, Byrd / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Schultz, Dissly
    DST - Steelers, Buccaneers / K - Lutz
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 13,053
    Not enough credit is given to Murray for running out of the pocket and avoid getting tromped on, and slinging that accurate bomb. First hail of his career
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • DemigodrvaDemigodrva Posts: 1,200
    WTCM said:

Not enough credit is given to Murray for running out of the pocket and avoid getting tromped on, and slinging that accurate bomb. First hail of his career

And the Trajectory of that pass was a beauty. Almost made it impossible to “knock down”

Nuk just times the jumped better than the defenders

And damn @chuckeycharles you seem bitter or something about about Murray lol
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 4,652

swampies said:

This day will go down in history for me, where I didn’t even break the 50 point bench mark! Unbelievable

Wha...... What was your lineup?
    Brees
    Aaron Jones
    Jonathan Taylor
    Kupp
    AJ Brown
    Terry McLaurin
    Waller
    Bullock
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    edited November 16

WTCM said:

And the Trajectory of that pass was a beauty. Almost made it impossible to “knock down”

I DESPISE RUN FIRST QUARTERBACKS.

Murray will likely suffer the same fate as Prescott who completely WRECKED Zeke's usefulness this year.

If Murray does get hurt when a Linbacker catches up with him... I hope it is on a play when he decides he doesn't need any help to BE THE HERO.

10 rushing TDs in 10 games is not a formula for LONG TERM success
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Herbert, Stafford, Minshew / RB - Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D.Cook, Mattison, Pollard, Latavius Murray, Eno Benjamin
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, Lamb, Claypool, AJG / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold, Allen / RB - R.Jones, Dillon, D.Harris, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, R.Armstead, Benjamin, McKissic
    WR DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Hamler, Perriman, Boykin, Byrd / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Schultz, Dissly
    swampies said:

swampies said:

This day will go down in history for me, where I didn’t even break the 50 point bench mark! Unbelievable

Wha...... What was your lineup?
    Brees
    Aaron Jones
    Jonathan Taylor
    Kupp
    AJ Brown
    Terry McLaurin
    Waller
    Bullock
    Least Scary Terry produced. This won't happen again though.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,559

WTCM said:

Murray will likely suffer the same fate as Prescott who completely WRECKED Zeke's usefulness this year.

If Murray does get hurt when a Linbacker catches up with him... I hope it is on a play when he decides he doesn't need any help to BE THE HERO.

He seems smart enough to get out of the way or get down though. That’s the difference to me... and he can throw the ball too. He’s shown that he can produce a passing game... much more than other QBs like him.... aka Lamar
    edited November 16
    CoolHand said:

WTCM said:

He seems smart enough to get out of the way or get down though. That’s the difference to me... and he can throw the ball too. He’s shown that he can produce a passing game... much more than other QBs like him.... aka Lamar
    As far as I can recall... No RUN FIRST QB has ever won a Super Bowl

CoolHand said:

WTCM said:

Maybe so, but someone has to be the 1st... right?
  • CoolHand said:

CoolHand said:

WTCM said:

Maybe so, but someone has to be the 1st... right?
    NO... Some records are NOT meant to be broken. I hope this is one of them.

Lots of QBs who were gifted runners have won Super Bowls. Russel Wilson, Roger Staubach and Steve Young come to mind. But, none of them have been RUN FIRST QBs

CoolHand said:

WTCM said:

No QB is run first, its just an added arsenal in their repertoire. Pat Mahomes, Steve Young, and Russ Wilson would all qualify.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Murray's and Jackson's first choice is to run at every opportunity
    Is Josh Allen also considered run first to you?
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:

You should have watched this game. Murray kept several plays alive looking for receivers to get open. He's not good at capitalizing on those opportunities right now though.

And as far as injury is concerned, I've never seen a player leave so many yards on the field. He gets out of bounds or slides with 5 yards between him and a defender. At the end of the year I want to see a mintage of his rushing touchdowns and see how many of them had a defense getting more than a fingertip on him.
  • WTCM said:

Is Josh Allen also considered run first to you?

Nope

You should have watched this game. Murray kept several plays alive looking for receivers to get open. He's not good at capitalizing on those opportunities right now though.

And as far as injury is concerned, I've never seen a player leave so many yards on the field. He gets out of bounds or slides with 5 yards between him and a defender. At the end of the year I want to see a mintage of his rushing touchdowns and see how many of them had a defense getting more than a fingertip on him.
    Game was not on in St. Louis. I wanted to watch my boy Josh. Murray will eventually get blown up
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 4,652
    Daniel Jones is actually realizing he’s better when he runs!
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    swampies said:

Daniel Jones is actually realizing he’s better when he runs!

White boy can run.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Daniel Jones is not 3'2"
  • Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 4,416
    Josh Allen the way he runs is more likely to be injured then Murray
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on.
    Current Champion of the SleeperU Fantasy Playoff Challenge.
  • Josh Allen the way he runs is more likely to be injured then Murray

After a few games into his rookie year i was waiting for the Josh Allen injury. He seems a little less reckless now, but still... he likes hurdling and crashing into players more than is healthy.

Game was not on in St. Louis. I wanted to watch my boy Josh. Murray will eventually get blown up
    Russell Wilson is the closest comp running style to Murray and he's been going for a while without the hit that knocks him out of the game. Meanwhile Stafford and Brees and Garappolo have been missing playing time with injuries.

Murray will get hurt, but there's nothing to say his mobility makes that more likely. Watching him is like playing two hand touch with my kids when they were 2 and 4. He let's them get close enough to think they have a chance but he's in full control.
    If Murray gets Chucky this riled up all the time then just trade Hopkins. Problem solved and then doesnt have to pop blood vessels weekly in rage.
  • If Murray gets Chucky this riled up all the time then just trade Hopkins. Problem solved and then doesnt have to pop blood vessels weekly in rage.

The correct way to consume Murray is by grabbing popcorn, not drafting his fantasy pieces... but even then its fun more than not.
    Fun to watch
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    I'm a Hopkins owners. He is 3rd best WR in points per game avg and .01 point from being 2nd best WR in my league. I can live with that. I might try and trade him this offseason with having Lamb, Juedy, Higgins, Jefferson, Juju and DJ Moore. But this year I'm enjoying Hopkins.

I'm a Hopkins owners. He is 3rd best WR in points per game avg and .01 point from being 2nd best WR in my league. I can live with that. I might try and trade him this offseason with having Lamb, Juedy, Higgins, Jefferson, Juju and DJ Moore. But this year I'm enjoying Hopkins.

I just traded MT for DHop and a pick in a league and I’m thrilled about it. I won’t be looking to move DHop anytime soon.
  • If Murray gets Chucky this riled up all the time then just trade Hopkins. Problem solved and then doesnt have to pop blood vessels weekly in rage.

He already did, lol.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator

Russell Wilson is the closest comp running style to Murray and he's been going for a while without the hit that knocks him out of the game. Meanwhile Stafford and Brees and Garappolo have been missing playing time with injuries.

Murray will get hurt, but there's nothing to say his mobility makes that more likely. Watching him is like playing two hand touch with my kids when they were 2 and 4. He let's them get close enough to think they have a chance but he's in full control.
    I am researching the numbers... but Wilson and Mahomes have a FAR lower percentage of rushing compared to their combined attempts. Allen is also lower, but not nearly as much as Wilson and Mahomes
    edited November 16

If Murray gets Chucky this riled up all the time then just trade Hopkins. Problem solved and then doesnt have to pop blood vessels weekly in rage.

He already did, lol.
    Sadly I still have Hopkins in a NoPPR D-Leqgue. Trades are hard to get done in that league.

In that league I also have MT, Godwin, AJ Brown, CeeDee Lamb, Claypool and Chark. BUT, with ALL THE INJURIES (DIRECTLY to the player OR to their QBs) I am forced to keep playing Hopkins. 1 more win and I am the regular season winner. BUT, Hopkins ain't the reason I am winning. It has been Wilson (Allen yesterday) and my RBs

If things don't change with Hopkins OR if the others become reliable starters I will sit Hopkins ASS on my bench. Trade deadline is this coming Sunday so I won't attempt to trade him this year.

Incidently, I sold Hopkins because I was NEVER going to win that league and it was time to blow up that team. HOWEVER since I traded him I have won once and MIGHT win this week. IF in win this week it will be 3 in a row since I traded Aaron Jones and Keenan Allen the week before. VERY UNHAPPY about going from 2-5 to possibly 5-5. I has HOPED to be 2-8