fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

The NEW SleeperU.com is here... Check it out!

Lamar Jackson - BUST

DAXDAX Posts: 1,997
no matter what he does for the rest of the season this guy is a huge bust.

if he was your qb this season in redraft he probably lost you some games already with his putrid output with relation to his draft position.

i broke the golden rule - never pick a qb early who came off a career year. they always come back to the pack the next season.

he would have been a fine pick in the 10th round. but in the 2nd? a killer.

Comments

• G_MenG_Men Posts: 3,226
    There’s been plenty this year.. Drake, CEH, Elliott, a ton to injury like Michael Thomas, CMC, etc.. and these are all first rounders. I never liked Jackson’s game, his volume wasn’t there last year, his TD efficiency was unsustainable. Everyone imagined progress in accuracy which hasn’t happened. He could still turn it around, I guess.

It’s hard to predict anything moreso this year than any year IMO
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 13,393
    Not really a bust, just over valued by overly excited fantasy drafters who selected him in the first 2 rounds. He's the prime reason you don't draft a QB early. Jackson has been fine in real life. I just think owners have expected more from an anomaly performance. Michael Vick never repeated, didn't expect Lamar to either. Still a top 12 QB, with plenty of upside.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • I wouldn't say BUST, he's the #14 QB right now, but if you thought he'd be the #1 or #2, and drafted him HIGH, yeah. He's averaging 23 points a week. There are 22 qbs with an average of 20 points a week or more. Wilson is the big stud this year, averaging 33 a week. Dak was 32 a week. Kyler 31. I also will never draft a QB early again. Hurt me in a few leagues for sure.
    D3:
    QB—Allen, Lamar, Big Ben
    RB—Zeke, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, Evans (R), Coleman, Pollard, McFarland
    WR—MThomas, Diggs, Lamb (R), Claypool, Lazard, Hardman, Beasley, Coutee
    TE—Tonyan, Jonnu, Graham
    PK—Lutz
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Stafford, Big Ben, Alex Smith
    RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Edmonds, Cohen, Breida
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jefferson (R), Jones, Jeffery, Amendola
    TE—LThomas, Smith, Reed, Kmet, Trautman
    PK—Bass
    DEF—Bears
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 13,393
    edited November 2020
    If there's something we all should learn, is repetition is a must when drafting high. We know what guys the likes of Kamara and CMC do. We know Hopkins, Adams and Hill's capabilities. Guys like CEH, James Rob, Lamar and Jonathan Taylor need to prove it before we draft you that high (again).
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Emotions are pretty high after week 8, lol.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • Emotions are pretty high after week 8, lol.

Haha
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on.
    Current Champion of the SleeperU Fantasy Playoff Challenge.
  • He was my keeper in the 1 league (only cost a 14th rounder)
    Needs to pick up the slack for sure. Almost matchup play only now with waiver QB's doing their thing weekly!
    10 Team Dynasty, PPR, 2 Flex, 6 pt TD, IDP

MAHOMES, Mayfield
    KAMARA, J-RO, MONTY, Drake, Singletary, Mostert, Gus
    NUK, DIGGS, KUPP, Moore, Gage
    WALLER, Irv
    BLANKENSHIP
    DL) Hunter(IR), QUINNEN
    LB) CUNNINGHAM, SCHOBERT, CHINN, Greenlaw, Avery
    DB) BATES, Kurl

2nd rounder
  • OCV18OCV18 Posts: 711
    I Drafted Lamar 3rd Round I was in the 8th Draft Position. He hasn't panned out but I picked up Herbert Weeks ago and it has been Huge. To the Bench Lamar
  • I drafted Josh Allen late and felt spoiled having Lamar coming into the season and dropped Josh after week 1 for somebody off waivers. 😕
    Now, Lock or Cousins are about the best waiver options for rest of season backup....
    So, I made my bed. Lamar every week & pray he gets consistent!
    10 Team Dynasty, PPR, 2 Flex, 6 pt TD, IDP

MAHOMES, Mayfield
    KAMARA, J-RO, MONTY, Drake, Singletary, Mostert, Gus
    NUK, DIGGS, KUPP, Moore, Gage
    WALLER, Irv
    BLANKENSHIP
    DL) Hunter(IR), QUINNEN
    LB) CUNNINGHAM, SCHOBERT, CHINN, Greenlaw, Avery
    DB) BATES, Kurl

2nd rounder