fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Regular Content is here... starting with this new Bold Prediction. Get some!

1st COVID-19 game schedule impact?

IcemanIceman Posts: 6,866
We'll see how this plays out.....

Mike Vrabel C, Tennessee Titans
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Titans had three players and five personnel test positive for COVID-19.

It's the first true breakout the league has faced, forcing the Titans and Vikings (Tennessee's Week 3 opponent) to suspend all in-person activities and continue working closely with the NFL, the NFLPA and infectious disease experts to ensure all protocols are met. There's also an above-average chance Sunday's Steelers-Titans game is postponed since Tennessee will be out of their own facilities until Saturday. One would imagine the league prepared for this scenario given the current times, but it's a situation to monitor nonetheless ahead of Week 4.
Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Sep 29, 2020, 10:17 AM ET

Comments

• IcemanIceman Posts: 6,866

Titans, Vikings suspend in-person activities over Titans’ positive COVID-19 tests
    Posted by Michael David Smith on September 29, 2020, 10:23 AM EDT
    Getty Images

For the first time this season, NFL teams’ operations are being affected by positive COVID-19 tests.

The Titans had three players and five other personnel test positive for COVID-19, NFL Network reports. As a result, both the Titans and the Vikings (who played the Titans on Sunday) are suspending in-person club activities.

Players and personnel who tested positive will quarantine, according to NFL guidelines. Those who were in close contact with players and personnel who tested positive will need to test negative before they can participate in any club activities.

There’s no word yet on the identity of the players or personnel who tested positive.

The Titans host the Steelers on Sunday, while the Vikings travel to Houston to play the Texans. So far there is no indication that either of those games will be affected, but a larger outbreak could put the schedule in question.
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 4,588
    Here we go!
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 12,782
    Of course its something to do with my Vikings...
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Too bad the hapless Broncos can’t get it.

We have every other injury.

Vikings say they’ve had no positive tests
    Posted by Josh Alper on September 29, 2020, 11:27 AM EDT
    Getty Images

Tuesday morning brought word that the Titans and Vikings have suspended in-person activities at their facilities after eight members of the Titans organization tested positive for COVID-19.

The Vikings closed their facility because they played the Titans on Sunday and three of Tennessee’s players are part of the group that tested positive. The Vikings released a statement on Tuesday saying that no test administered by the team has come back positive.

“Today the NFL notified us that members of the Tennessee Titans organization have tested positive for COVID-19,” the statement said. “As of this morning, we have not received any positive results from Vikings testing following Sunday’s game. Per the NFL protocol, we will suspend in-person club activities and close TCO Performance Center immediately. We will work closely with the NFL and NFLPA to monitor the situation, perform additional testing and determine when the facility can reopen. We will provide further updates regarding this week’s football schedule when appropriate.”

Tennessee’s facility will be closed until Saturday, but continued rounds of negative tests could allow the Vikings to get back to work sooner. The Vikings are scheduled to face the Texans in Houston on Sunday.
  • LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 1,075
    I'm guessing the league will shift some dates around and these two teams are now on bye weeks.
    10-team, non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE.
    2021 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Christian McCaffrey, RB Dalvin Cook, RB Ezekiel Elliott

Kirk Cousins QB, Minnesota Vikings
    CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the league notified the Titans, Steelers, Vikings, and Texans that it may be forced to reschedule both contests for Week 4.

The league reportedly told the Steelers to proceed with game preparations against the Titans, which were forced to shut down its facilities until Saturday following eight new positive tests among the organization. Minnesota's facitilites, which provided 0 positive tests as of Tuesday afternoon, were also evacuated until further notice. The NFL is still discussing plans for postponement which include pushing both games to Monday/Tuesday night or rescheduling bye weeks to assist with games in Weeks 7 and 8. All ideas are on the table.
    Related:

Pittsburgh Steelers, Tennessee Titans, Houston Texans

Source: Jason La Canfora on TwItter
    Sep 29, 2020, 11:50 AM ET
    A league source just texted me: "We are shutting Tennessee down until Saturday" That means no Titans coaches or players can be in the building.

Have to downgrade all Titans even if cleared in time for it's contest against Pittsburgh given no practice time. Prepare to not have Titans.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    What are your fantasy leagues doing with this situation?

Because our keeper league needs to
    first figure out what to do with players that are Quarantine? ( we created three Ir spots for the roster)

second what to do with games that are canceled?

Third what to do with a shorter season and who gets into the playoffs?

Forth what to do if the season is canceled, is there a winner by points or by wins alone?
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports that "as of now" the Titans' Week 4 game against the Steelers remains on for 1PM ET on Sunday.

The Titans aren't even allowed back in their building until Saturday, but Pelissero's colleague Mike Garafolo reports that is not viewed as an impediment to playing. "Titans coaches have told players if they have to go without any work until Saturday, have a walkthrough then and play the Steelers Sunday, then that's what they'll have to do," Garafolo reported. "No excuses." Provided there are no new cases, this actually is the best approach for the Titans and the NFL. Re-scheduling games would be remarkably complex, though a scenario does exist where it would not be overly difficult for Tennessee/Pittsburgh. The league simply does not want to have to already go down that road. Sit tight. The next few days of testing will tell the story.
    Related:

Pittsburgh Steelers

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    Sep 29, 2020, 1:19 PM ET
    ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the NFL "wants and intends" to play Titans/Steelers as scheduled on Sunday, but that moving to Monday evening will be a possibility.

Per Schefter, this would "allow for additional testing and contact tracing to occur." It would also enable the Titans, who are not allowed back in their facility until Saturday, to get in a day of practice. Frankly, this seems like a no-brainer even if the Titans' outbreak is capped at its current three players. This will be a continually-evolving situation all week.
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Sep 29, 2020, 3:13 PM ET
  • swampies said:

first figure out what to do with players that are Quarantine? ( we created three Ir spots for the roster)

Forth what to do if the season is canceled, is there a winner by points or by wins alone?

Swamps, your commish should've prepared for this before the season started....I spent close to three days adjusting my leagues' starting requirements, free agency periods, etc. Since they are cookie leagues, I sent owners scenarios on what we will do if the league ended during fantasy playoffs, between weeks 9-13, before week 8, etc
    12 Team PPR Dynasty
    QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex RB/WR/TE

Wentz, Tannehill
    S Barkley, J Jacobs, C Carson, R Freeman, Dobbins
    AJ Brown, T Hill, C Kupp, DJ Chark, Lamb, Jefferson
    Kelce, Higbee

swampies said:

Swamps, your commish should've prepared for this before the season started....I spent close to three days adjusting my leagues' starting requirements, free agency periods, etc. Since they are cookie leagues, I sent owners scenarios on what we will do if the league ended during fantasy playoffs, between weeks 9-13, before week 8, etc
    Same here Swamps, I'll PM what I posted for my leagues....
  • Make public what you guys did... it can only help others who might be trying to figure it out
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on.
    Current Champion of the SleeperU Fantasy Playoff Challenge.
    edited September 29
    Here is the thread we had going on the topic in August, most of what happened in my leagues came from this thread:

https://sleeperu.com/forums/discussion/11424/dynasty-commissioners-what-if-there-is-no-season#latest
    Here is what we ended up with:

Well the 2020 season is fraught with uncertainty, here are my thoughts for the upcoming season as adjustments hopefully for this season only, there is a lot here so please read through thoroughly:

1) Check this out to see how MFL will be handling this season; http://home.myfantasyleague.com/2020-purchase-policy/

2) Draft to go on as scheduled on August 24th @ 7am with cuts on August 18th @ 7am EST

3) Waivers will be processed on Sept 9th at noon EST. League calendar shows these events and all key events.

4) Expand IR 10 (ten) spots to cover both the shortterm (ill) and longterm (season opt out) COVID-19 procedural moves. Players will need to maintain their IR, COVID-IR or H designation for COVID opt out only, to be on IR. I think this is prudent as there could be a number of cases on any given team for a short period of time. Owners will need to be able to fill roster spots on a given week. If an additional 10 spots proves to be insufficient we can expand more when needed.

5) Think it is a fools errand to try to cover all the scenarios that could occur, will suggest that a minimum of ten games need to be played in order to have league prizes issued, certainly we can make that more if a majority of owners wish. If the minimum number of games are not played then we can call it a play for fun year and refunds on the prize pool or carry over to next year can be done. If owners wish to have the opportunity to participate in the prize pool, payment must be received before the draft.

6) A minimum of 8 games to be played to determine the 2021 draft order. If we do not hit the 8 game threshold we can use a random draft order generator to determine draft order: teams with picks 1 thru 5 in the 2020 draft in one randomly generated group, teams with picks 6 thru 10 in the other random generated group.

7) Forfeited games, I will make a Message board post for owners to list players they would like to use as replacements for players lost to games being forfeited at the last minute. 1 (one) player per position can be listed as direct replacement for players lost to game (s) forfeited only. The list must be posted before of the start of the first game of each week. If I do not get a list I will refer to the last list I received from you, if there is no list than there will be no substituted players. Flex position players will be used where applicable.

Think keeping as simple as possible is the best way to go at this point and we can deal with things as they occur.
  • Main things were:

-might be too late, but we adjusted our lineup to QB, RB, WR, TE, 3 RB/WR/TE

That way if a certain position got decimated in your roster, at least you could supplant all but one spot with another position

-cookie leagues: if the season ended before week 8, it’s a wash and everyone gets their cookies back...anything after that, excluding a full season, the best record and most points would split 1st (if not the same team), same with 2nd and 3rd place

-we eliminated kickers, so that opened another roster spot for depth
    12 Team PPR Dynasty
    QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex RB/WR/TE

Wentz, Tannehill
    S Barkley, J Jacobs, C Carson, R Freeman, Dobbins
    AJ Brown, T Hill, C Kupp, DJ Chark, Lamb, Jefferson
    Kelce, Higbee
    Roger Goodell COM, NFL
    ESPN's Dianna Russini reports Sunday’s game between the Titans and Steelers has been postponed.

The NFL is "considering all options," including moving the game to Monday or Tuesday night. The Titans had another player test positive for COVID-19, their fourth one this week. Tennessee's facility has been shut down, but the NFL is still hoping to play the game at a later date. The Titans will be tested over the next couple of days before determining the next steps.
    Related:

Tennessee Titans, Pittsburgh Steelers

Source: ESPN
    Sep 30, 2020, 11:10 AM ET
    ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Monday is "off the table" for a rescheduled Steelers-Titans Week 4 game.

The hope that rescheduling the game for Monday would allow for more testing and contact tracing among Titans players and staff, while giving the team at least one day of practice. In a Thursday statement, the NFL said the Steelers-Titans game would "be rescheduled for later this season" after another Tennessee player and staffer tested positive for COVID-19. The Titans can't return to their team facility until Saturday. It's time to get Steelers and Titans out of your Week 4 lineups.
    Oct 1, 2020, 9:27 AM ET
    NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Week 4 will be treated as the Titans' bye week following Thursday's cancellation of Tennessee/Pittsburgh, causing a "ripple effect for the Steelers and other teams."

The Titans' bye was originally scheduled for Week 7, with the Steelers' for Week 8. With few teams playing before fans, byes will be treated like currency, shuffled and re-scheduled as needed to accommodate cancellations. This approach, of course, will only work earlier in the season when few teams have had their byes. Later-season postponements could require make-up games in a "Week 18."
    Oct 1, 2020, 10:12 AM ET

Steelers-Titans game will not be played in Week Four
    Posted by Josh Alper on October 1, 2020, 9:35 AM EDT
    Getty Images

We learned on Wednesday that the Titans and Steelers would not be playing as scheduled on Sunday.

On Thursday, we found out that the two teams will not be playing at all in Week Four.

The NFL announced that the game will be rescheduled until later in the season. The league said the decision was made after one more Titans player and one other team personnel member tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday. There were eight positive tests on Tuesday and one other player tested positive on Wednesday.

The league’s statement also said that the Titans facility will remain closed until further notice.

No word was given on when the league might look to play the game, but Week Seven looks like a good bet. The Titans are scheduled for a bye that week while the Steelers are set to play the Ravens. Baltimore and Pittsburgh both have scheduled byes in Week Eight, however, and they could move the Ravens bye up a week to account for this week’s change in schedule.
    ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the "most likely scenario" for making up this week's canceled Titans/Steelers game is moving it to Week 7, the Titans' current bye week, and then shifting Pittsburgh's Week 7 Ravens contest to Week 8

"This is contingent upon no more positive tests in Minnesota," Schefter added. This is possible since Baltimore's current bye is Week 8. It sounds very elaborate but is actually somewhat straightforward as far as these things might go as we get deeper into the season with less flexibility.
    Oct 1, 2020, 1:56 PM ET
  • Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 3,997
    So in above scenario the Ravens bye week changes to week 7 instead of week 8 and Titans/Steelers have this week (4) as their byes. That makes sense
  • Pretty straight forward and easy. Hopefully there aren’t too many more of these needed.

Roger Goodell COM, NFL
    The NFL has rescheduled the Titans' Week 4 game against the Steelers to Week 7.

This was expected but is now official. Tennessee and Pittsburgh will have their byes this week. The Steelers' Week 7 game against the Ravens will be pushed to Week 8. The Titans facility is shut down after seven players and six staff members tested positive for COVID-19. Tennessee's Week 5 matchup with Buffalo is still scheduled to be played.
    Source: NFL Network
    Oct 2, 2020, 12:18 PM ET
    edited October 2
    Kristian Fluton, standing by Smith Jr, and Jefferson here last Sunday tested positive for Covid.

I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,500
    For some reason I think Jefferson has already had it..? Can you get it again? Ive never heard that answered.
  • Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 3,997

For some reason I think Jefferson has already had it..? Can you get it again? Ive never heard that answered.

It's possible but highly unlikely.. Answers about Covid change constantly even on cdc.gov. Survival rate from covid without any underlying health condition currently is...

0-19 in age 99.00003%
    20-49 in age 99.0002%
    50-69 in age 99.005%
    70+ in age 99.054%

Hopefully next year we are back to normal bc as we keep learning more and more about covid the less deadly it is becoming for majority of people.
    I'm not making light of it. My dad is 73 and has heart issues so covid would kill him. People like him need to take precautions.
    edited October 3
    Cam Newton has tested positive for Covid and is out for tomorrow game
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    Question does KC want to play NE ?
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA