fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Regular Content is here... starting with this new Bold Prediction. Get some!

Weekly NFL MVP Watch

2»

Comments

• DAXDAX Posts: 1,931
    just want to put this out there.

Goff leads the league with 9.6 yards per attempt. And he’s played clean football when the game matters most. Goff is 12-of-15 for 194 yards, with two touchdowns and no interceptions in the fourth quarter, leading the league with a 158.3 passer rating.

he's not in the picture yet but he will be as the season progresses.
  • I just want to put this out there.

Goff didnt know the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. He now knows though and wishes fans would let it go :)
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on.
    Current Champion of the SleeperU Fantasy Playoff Challenge.
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 4,565
    I’m still expecting a call from Russell because he’s only doing this since I traded him last year when I had Wilson , Watson and Lamar
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • DemigodrvaDemigodrva Posts: 1,168

At this point in the year its pretty much a four person race. I think Allen will fall off a bit so he's my easy 1d.

Looking at the list, it sound crazy, but I could actually imagine a world where Jared Goff makes a serious run at it.

But it's a narrative driven award and those top 3 qbs have the stories behind them to get the votes.

At this rate Hopkins and Kamara will be ahead of the other qbs on the list.

This!
    It’s Wilson 1
    Rodgers behind Wilson
    Allen on Rodgers heels
    Mahomes is in the convo, but I feel like it’s what we expect of him and his achievements will be under valued

Then it’s Kamara, but it’s a substantial gap between him and the QBs

The rest are good, just no where near MVP level play right now.
  • I have no problem adding a non QB into the discussion as I already have mentioned Jacobs, Hopkins and Adams after weeks one and two... If Kamara can not only put the Saints on his back and win some games, he's def worthy of adding to the discussion. But I don't even think he's the most valuable on his own team right, it might be Thomas... Saints O is not the same without him.
  • PLAYER ODDS to win MVP as of today
    Russell Wilson +220
    Patrick Mahome. +380
    Aaron Rodgers +700
    Lamar Jackson +850
    Josh Allen +1200
    Dak Prescott +1600
    Kyler Murray +1600
    Alvin Kamara +5000
    Baker Mayfield +5000
    Ben Roethlisberge .+5000
    Cam Newton +5000
    Deshaun Watson +5000
    Jared Goff +5000
    Tom Brady +5000

I have no problem adding a non QB into the discussion as I already have mentioned Jacobs, Hopkins and Adams after weeks one and two... If Kamara can not only put the Saints on his back and win some games, he's def worthy of adding to the discussion. But I don't even think he's the most valuable on his own team right, it might be Thomas... Saints O is not the same without him.

Your Kamara example can be used even better towards cmc
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,931

I just want to put this out there.

Goff didnt know the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. He now knows though and wishes fans would let it go :)

didn't that joke become stale in 2016?

you know everything on that shit show is a set up, don't you?
  • Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 3,843
    DAX said:

I just want to put this out there.

didn't that joke become stale in 2016?

you know everything on that shit show is a set up, don't you?
    Everything? lol okay
  • After 1/4 of the season... time to limit the list:

1. Wilson - another week, another win all while Wilson continues his MVP-like season
    2. Allen - breakout season continues for this stud; had an injury scare that sent him to the locker room just before the half... comes back 2nd half and keeps Bills on his shoulders
    3. Mahomes - edge over Rodgers for facing tougher schedule after 4 weeks
    4. Rodgers - looks more and more like vintage Rodgers
    5. Jackson - stats not quite there yet, but we all know how valuable he is to that team

Just missed:
    Brady - makes the biggest jump from outside the top 10 last week to just outside the top 5 after quarter season
    Roethlisberger - bye week
    Tannehill - bye week
    It’s Wilson
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 1,855
    Yep
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 6,677

It’s Wilson

AMEN
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Stafford, Minshew, Herbert / RB - Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D.Cook, Mattison, Pollard, Latavius Murray, Eno Benjamin
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, Lamb, Claypool, Hardman / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Elliott
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold, Flacco, Dalton / RB - A.Jones, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, Dillon, JamaalWilliams, D.Harris, R.Armstead, Benjamin
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Boykin, Westbrook, Byrd / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Schultz
    DST - Steelers, Buccaneers / K - Lutz
  • footballjunkiefootballjunkie Posts: 240
    edited October 14
    after 5 weeks:

1. Wilson - Wilson and the Hawks convert two 4th downs under a minute to pull-out the W... his MVP-like season continues!
    2. Allen - Bills were out-coached and out-played by the Titans...
    3. Mahomes - carbon copy... Chiefs were out-coached and outplayed by the Raiders... with that said for both Allen and Mahomes, I can't drop them since Rodgers and Brady were on bye weeks.
    4. Rodgers - bye week keeps his status quo
    5. Tannehill - biggest leap. Ever since he took over for Marriota last year, He's been on fire!!! He is getting much closer to top 2-3 convo.

Just missed:
    Jackson - falls out of the top 5 with another sub-par performance
    Roethlisberger - leaps Brady with a three TD performance and more importantly, another W for the Steelers
    Brady - bye week
    Goff - back in the mix!
    Updated Vegas betting odds for comparison

Russell Wilson EVEN
    Aaron Rodgers +275
    Patrick Mahomes. +600
    Josh Allen +700
    Lamar Jackson +1600
    Ben Roethlisberger. +2500
    Kyler Murray +2500
    Tom Brady. +3000
    Cam Newton +3500
    Baker Mayfield +4000
    Derrick Henry +6000
    Deshaun Watson +6000
    Jared Goff +6000
    Ryan Tannehill +6000
    I’d take the mahomes+600
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 2,362
    edited October 15
    Rodgers or Wilson for me unless their play changes moving forward. Honestly, Rodgers is killing it with less than what Wilson has.... like prior to their bye would you have been able to name half of the GBP WR options going into the game? I'd love to see Wilson finally win the popularity vote and get one, but I think Rodgers is the front runner right now.

In all truth, the narrative in the media is setting up Wilson winning it this year.... So unless he falls off the map, I don't think it matters what we think. Again, it's a popularity vote.
    SMFFCN said:

Rodgers or Wilson for me unless their play changes moving forward. Honestly, Rodgers is killing it with less than what Wilson has.... like prior to their bye would you have been able to name half of the GBP WR options going into the game? I'd love to see Wilson finally win the popularity vote and get one, but I think Rodgers is the front runner right now.

Greenbay has really done Rodgers a disservice by never using a 1st round pick to draft him more weapons.
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 2,362
    edited October 15

SMFFCN said:

Greenbay has really done Rodgers a disservice by never using a 1st round pick to draft him more weapons.
    I can't remember the last time Green Bay drafted a WR in the first round. Favre dealt with the same thing his entire career.

EDIT: Forgot about Javon Walker in 2002. Prior to that, the last time the team took a WR in the 1st was 1988. So they've done it twice in 32 years, lol.
    SMFFCN said:

SMFFCN said:

I can't remember the last time Green Bay drafted a WR in the first round. Favre dealt with the same thing his entire career.

EDIT: Forgot about Javon Walker in 2002. Prior to that, the last time the team took a WR in the 1st was 1988. So they've done it twice in 32 years, lol.
    Crazy... smh
    I’ll compare this to the LEBRON and GIANNIS debate. Lebron greatness is just expected, status quo... giannis was doing exciting things.

Lebron-Rodgers
    Giannis-Wilson
  • Wilson - Bye week does not drop him...
    Mahomes - good, not great performance... but, still made big time plays that made the difference Monday night
    Tannehill - don't look now, but Tanny has better numbers and the same amount of wins as Mahomes since taking over!!!
    Roethlisberger - numbers may not be great but we all know how valuable Big Ben is!!!
    Rodgers - Loss to the Bucs is not the end of the world... still highly valuable to the pack!!!

in the hunt in No particular order:

Allen
    Carr
    Jackson
    Goff
    Murray
    Brady
    In my opinion Tannehill does not belong even in the top 5. Just because Titans winning doesn't make him an MVP. Derrick Henry would get MVP over Tannehill right now. This isnt most valuable to your team award. So I cant have Big Ben in top 5

I do agree with Wilson still #1 and Mahomes #2

• footballjunkiefootballjunkie Posts: 240
    edited October 20

In my opinion Tannehill does not belong even in the top 5. Just because Titans winning doesn't make him an MVP. Derrick Henry would get MVP over Tannehill right now. This isnt most valuable to your team award. So I cant have Big Ben in top 5

go back to when he took over... same if if not better than Mahomes!!! Wins and QB numbers! Tanny is def worthy of 2-3 convo after week 6
  • thanks for following! i am not influenced by media... just a view from a football junkie

go back to when he took over... same if if not better than Mahomes!!! Wins and QB numbers! Tanny is def worthy of 2-3 convo after week 6
    Last years numbers don't count towards the MVP so that argument is invalid. I doubt anyone else sees Tannehill in top 3 but we all have opinions. Vegas betting odds sure don't. Tannehill is having a good year. I just don't have him as high as you do :)

• In my opinion Tannehill does not belong even in the top 5. Just because Titans winning doesn't make him an MVP. Derrick Henry would get MVP over Tannehill right now. This isnt most valuable to your team award. So I cant have Big Ben in top 5

Last years numbers don't count towards the MVP so that argument is invalid. I doubt anyone else sees Tannehill in top 3 but we all have opinions. Vegas betting odds sure don't. Tannehill is having a good year. I just don't have him as high as you do :)
    T
    damn. thats bold !!! Tanny is so worthy of 2-3 convo

T
    damn. thats bold !!! Tanny is so worthy of 2-3 convo
    If saying I don't currently have Tannehill ranked in top 3 and I'd give it to Derrick Henry before I'd give it to Tannehill is bold then so be it. Henry is most important player to the Titans and his NFL leading rushing numbers are backing it up through week 6. Which is quite impressive specially considering Titans already had their bye.
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 12,713

Bingo. Been saying this for weeks. The numbers are there.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this: