fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Regular Content is here... starting with this new Bold Prediction. Get some!

32 Team Breakdown - plus a week 1 recap

Comments

• rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,893
    Tennessee Titans
    Where did that come from.

Ryan Tannehill QB2 upside. The Tannehill of last year was impressive and that got him to within the top 25. If he can do that again that’s where he’ll be fantasy wise. If you can get him as your QB2, bye week filler or Superflex by all means he’s great value for that role.

A.J. Brown WR2/1 with upside. This guy can flat out play WR. All he needs is targets and there is STUD material here. Get him if you can.
    Corey Davis WR3/flex. Maybe a bounce back candidate that can be found on many waiver wires near you.
    Adam Humphries flex PPR only.

Jonnu Smith TE2/streamer. He just doesn’t see enough targets to justify anything more at this time.

Derrick Henry RB1. Well Mr. Henry proved me wrong last year. If you can get him in the 2nd round that would be great value. He will be fed the ball again this year and let’s see where that puts us.
    Darrynton Evans (R) TBD flex/RB3 PPR. Evans could be the lightning to Henry’s thunder. We really need some eye ball check to make a decision.
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
    Washington Football Team
    Whatever

Dwayne Haskins Streaming only for starters. Haskins was thrown into the fire and pretty much got burned up. Let’s see if he will build of the adversity of last year.

Terry McLaurin WR2 with upside. Stud in the making. He may be QB proof. If Haskins gets a little better that means that McLaurin may see more targets and that would be fantastic for fantasy football teams. He can be drafted at a WR3 price so get him there if you can. I reached for him a couple of times but I’m cool with that.
    Steve Sims WR3/Flex upside. Sims can also be a value grab if Haskins gets a little better. He’s got good hands and runs well. He may be on your waiver wire or available at the end of the draft.
    Antonio Gandy Golden (R) speed dial and dynasty get. At 6ft 4inches and 220 pounds Gandy-Golden may be the WR3/TE for Washington. How that plays out for fantasy is unknown but it’s worth keeping an eye on.

TE for Washington is nothing you want anything to do with. Run away don’t look here.

Antonio Gibson (R) RB? Until two days ago Gibson was going to be the handcuff/back up guy. Well that changed. Welcome to the big leagues kid. Here’s your jock strap, enjoy. If you drafted him late you may have gotten a steal. If your draft is upcoming, don’t reach but remember he may the the RB1 for Washington.
    Peyton Barber RB3. Barber is a hard running solid football player. He will not give you exciting plays but he will give you all he’s got and go forward while doing it. RBBC is how this may work out. Get Barber late and see if he can teach the new kid and thing or two.
    Bryce Love, J.D. McKissic speed dial. Love has to prove he can play in the big time and McKissic is a scat back. Find a spot for them, but not enough targets to draft them at this time.
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 3,242
    edited September 6

Atlanta Falcons
    A tale of two halves last year let’s faces it the dirty birds crapped the bed up to the bye week by losing 7 of 8 games. Then they come back and go 6-2 to end with a 7-9 season. Fantasy wise who cares about records right. Expect another aerial onslaught.

Matt Ryan QB1-Matty Ice going to make the top to again? I think so.

Julio Jones WR1 – see Julio Jones
    Calvin Ridley WR1 – the future Julio Jones
    Both of these guys are STUDS there is no reason (barring injury) that both of them can’t get to 1,000 yards.
    Russell Gage, Laquon Treadwell just WW guys or flex at best.

Hayden Hurst TE1. Austin Hooper was a top 10 TE with the Falcons. Hurst is just as good and may be a bit quicker. He should be drafted in every league.

Todd Gurley RB1 with downside. Well he sniffed the top ten last year with bum knees and all. He may get there again this year. There may be a difference though the Falcons only signed him to a one year deal. They may just run him into the ground and not worry about next year. Ride him like you stole him boys.
    The rest of the Falcons RB’s are flex appeal at best and will only be called into fantasy action should Gurley suffer a catastrophic event.

Other then Laquon Treadwell not being on the team I agree with this write up as a Falcons fan.

HURST Measurable HOOPER
    6-5. Height (feet) 6-4
    265 Weight (pounds) 254
    32-3/4 Arms (inches) 33-3/4
    9-3/4 Hands (inches) 10-5/8
    4.67 40-yard dash (seconds) 4.72
    31.5 Vertical (Inches) 33
    10 Broad jump (feet) 9 -7.5
    7.19 3-cone (seconds) 7.0
    4.37 20-yard shuttle (seconds) 4.32

I like Hurst a lot and he is now listed at 260 pounds and in better shape then last season. I see no reason why Hurst cant produce in this Falcons pass heavy offense and Matt Ryan loves his TE. Volume is king and Hurst should get his.
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on.
    Current Champion of the SleeperU Fantasy Playoff Challenge.
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 1,764
    Great write-up as always. Don't give up on the Bucs yet. They're not wearing their Creamsicles yet.
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 2,390
    Wow, thanks. Good stuff.
    D3:
    QB—Lamar, Allen, Big Ben, Tyrod
    RB—EE, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, Evans (R), Coleman, Pollard
    WR—MThomas, Diggs, Lamb (R), Lazard, Hardman, Renfrow, Beasley, Claypool
    TE—Doyle, Jonnu, Thomas
    PK—Zuerlein
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Stafford, Tyrod
    RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Cohen, Howard, Breida, DWilliams, Edmonds
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jeffery, Jefferson (R), Amendola, Miller, Watson, Dorsett
    TE—IThomas, LThomas, DArnold, Kmet, Trautman
    PK—Prater
    DEF—Bears
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 2,037
    edited September 7
    nice read....Well done...mahalo

Great write-up as always. Don't give up on the Bucs yet. They're not wearing their Creamsicles yet.

:)
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Firing on all cylinders.
    The box score showed:
    QB: Mahomes with an efficient 75% completion rate and 3 tds. He spread the ball around and there were only a couple dump offs to RBs. Also, Mahomes didn't rush at all.
    WR/TE: Kelece did his thing with a TD. WR's did there thing. D. Robinson better get his act together. He lost a contested TD and flat out dropped another.
    RB: CEH looked really good and not as a receiver out of the backfield. The O line got him some openings and then he did the rest as the early down back. I don't see this type of work load as normal though my guess is it was just the game plan for game one. Otherwise, CEH would be looking at 400 touches in 16 games. That's a lot. Darrel Williams had the only receptions for the RB and they amounted to squat.

Sticking with my "Damn good team" thought for now.

Mod - Sleeper U
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 12,473
    This is outstanding work Larry.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    After week 1
    Houston Texans
    Poor Deshaun Watson
    The box score showed:
    QB: Watson was at about 63% completion rate with a TD and an INT. But was at a loss for finding "the man" to bail him out because that man is not there anymore thanks to the ever ignorant Bill O'Brien. Watson also ran for a TD. Fantasy wise Watson can produce it's just more difficult.
    WR/TE: Multiple WR's were targeted and Will Fuller was the clear cut 1st look. He's not nuke and the opposing defenses will not have to double him up making Watson's job harder. TE Akins pulled in a TD but won't count on that.
    RB: David Johnson looked good in the 1st quarter and got a TD. Good for him. Yeah that was about it looks like that trade really worked out. Duke Johnson was ineffective and needs to be monitored. His usefulness in fantasy is waning with every opportunity he gets.
    Sticking with my Bill O'Brien is horrible and his ignorance is killing the teams chance to win.
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 3,077
    I’d rather CEH see a few less carries and a few catches.. a couple designed screens and wheel routes would put his value over the top
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 6,564
    Wow RBF, great work, waited until I read it all... took awhile, great stuff!!!!!
  • Great stuff! Go to the head of the class!
    QB:Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Tua Tagovailoa; Kyle Allen: RB:Zeke Elliott, Dalvin Cook, Kenyan Drake, Darwin Thompson, Benny Snell, Jr., Chris Thompson; WR: Deandre Hopkins, D.J. Chark, Odell Beckham Jr. and Parris Campbell;
    Robby Anderson and Denzell Mims;TE: George Kittle, Tyler Higbee and Evan Engram ; K Will Lutz and Josh Lambo; Defense: Rams and Browns. Start: QB, (2) RB, (2) WR, TE, K and D.
    After week 1
    NY J.E.T.S.
    Oh my
    The box score showed: Darnold with a 60% completion ratio and with one TD and one INT. What it didn't show was the mess of a team the Jets are right now. First game jitters or just y
    WR/TE: Crowder 7/115/1 and Herndon 6/37 are the only one's worth having right now.
    RB: Big ole' pile of poop here. Bell didn't look all the great prior to tweaking a hamstring and will now miss some games. This leave Gore/Adams as the Jets back field. If you had Bell (like me) and are desperated (like me) you may want to get Gore off the ww.

Gase still sucks and the eyeball test of the Jets on the field reflect his suctitude.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Buffalo Bills
    Highs/Lows
    The box score showed:
    QB:Allen had a 72% completion rate. Going 33/46 312 2. He also rushed for 57 yards and a TD. What it doesn't show was the loose ball handling while running and the fumble. For fantasy he's going to be fantastic. For Bills fans he's going to give them anxiety attacks every week.
    WR/TE: Diggs and Brown both had good days and should be good producers for fantasy owners. Knox is at best going to be a streaming option, at worst a WW candidate.
    RB: RBBC between Singletary and Moss. Both running backs take a fantasy hit big time due to Allen's running ability. Both backs were used equally. However, neither would be more than RB2/Flex for us fantasy folks going forward.

Watch this team.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Green Bay Packers
    Interesting
    The box score showed:
    QB: A. Rod goes 32/44 364 4. STUD numbers for fantasy. The first quarter was odd and disjointed. Then it looked like Rodgers said screw this I'm just going to play like I used to and LaFluer will just have to deal with it. I have no idea if that is true. But the eyeball test sure as hell showed a different type of attack and play in quarters 2-4. If the Pack does this then A. Rod will be fantasy relevant for sure. This will be interesting to watch going forward.
    WR/TE: UH D. Adams is a STUD. With this game anyone that could catch was targeted. MVS and Lazard can share WR2 honors at this time and IF A. Rod does his thing then they are very good WR2/3 options each week. Don't waste your time looking for a TE to roster in GB.
    RB: A. Jones did his thing and got his TD. Ervin is fast and made the best of his limited touches (if desperate he could be a flex option), Dillon is a beast and should get more and more work as the season progresses.

Going to hope this is less smoke and mirrors and more maturity with the team utilizing their play makers.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Minnesota Vikings
    One out of four quarters ain't bad
    The box score showed:
    QB: Cousins went 19/25 259 2/1 and ran for 34 yards against a stiff GB defense. For fantasy that's about what you expected to see I think. If you're using him as a QB2/Superflex you're cool with this.
    WR/TE: A. Thielen said "hey I'm healthy today, use me" and had a fantastic day for fantasy owners. He just needs to stay healthy. No other receivers/TE really did anything of note. I'd wait until next week against a lesser defense in the Colts to make your decision on whether or not to roster anyone not named Thielen.
    RB: Cook/Mattison are both very good and will produce week in and week out.

I'm going to stick with my question "They are good right?" for another week.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Philadelphia Eagles
    What was that?
    The box score showed:
    QB: Wentz with a less than stellar 58% completion rate with 2 TD's and 2 INT's. To borrow the phrase "this is the tale of two halves" was never more apparent then with this game. From an outsiders view I would like to suggest to the coaching staff that they should reconsider the pep talk they used during half time. Because the offensive line came out and just laid down. No QB or running back could have survived that mess. For fantasy it wasn't horrible and can be duplicated again if needed. However, Wentz is not sturdy enough to handle many games like this.
    WR/TE: Ertz and Goedert where awesome and should be on rosters everywhere. It will be tough to know which one will be "da man" week in and week out though. The WR were not in play much due to the O line crapping the bed. They will need to figure out a better game plan then "you fast guys go deep" if they want to win. J. Reagor looked good.
    RB:Miles Sanders injured. Boston Scott will be a fine RB2/Flex PPR option. But, the same story line plays through here. The O line needs to play better or the fantasy plays are not going to great.

I'll stick with triage for these guys. For Eagles fans let's hope this was just first game jitters.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Washington
    They won..........really? Go D
    The box score showed:
    QB: Haskins goes ape s*^* and throws for 17/31 178 and a TD.
    WR/TE: Well with 178 yards to spread around no one really burned up the stat lines this week. Scary Terry just needed a TD and his WR2 with upside would have been solid.
    RB: Uh yeah. My man P. Barber averaged 1.7 yds per carry with 2 TD's and he was your player of the game. Let's hear it for Peyton everyone. A. Gibson looked pedestrian. His mom was sure proud though.

The defense had their way with the Eagles in the second half. I don't know if that scenario will work out week to week. My guess is the Cardinals open a can of whoop ass on them next week.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Cleveland Browns
    Well this football thing may not work out.
    The box score showed:
    QB: B. Mayfield makes J. Winston look like a poised and professional NFL QB. The word inconsistent was made for Mayfield. He shouldn't be on any fantasy roster at this time.
    WR/TE: OBJ, Landry and Hooper are all ok from a fantasy perspective. Just know that Mayfield will be what holds them back from their full potential though. Also, my honorable mention for Njoku still stands. The guy is a good TE. Last year Mayfield got him crushed, this year he tweaks a knee in game one.
    RB: RBBC makes for fantasy meh. However, if this game is representative of things to come then they can both be started as RB2/flex guys. This will not thrill Chubb owners because he was drafted as an RB1.

This team really needs to figure out what they are going to do at QB.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Baltimore Ravens
    Sweet Mother of Pearl
    The box score showed:
    QB: L. Jackson STUD performance right out of the gate. 20/25 275 yds 3 TD's added 45 rushing yards.
    WR/TE: Andrews, Brown and Snead should all be rostered in some capacity for fantasy owners. D. Duvernay and Boykin should be on speed dial.
    RB: Four headed monster due to Jackson. Ingram, Dobbins and Edwards all got carries. This week the rookie got the goal line work. If it happens next week then Dobbins is the RB to own.

I'm sticking with my "Reload and make another run at it" this is a good football team.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Indianapolis Colts
    Yeah about that.
    The box score showed:
    QB: P. Rivers went 36/46 363 yds 1 TD and 2 INT. Usable numbers for fantasy if you drafted him late as QB2/Superflex. He played like an old QB and really didn't look good. The Colts may want to use Brissett if they want a better chance at winning football games.
    WR/TE: Campbell, Hilton and Doyle are all fantasy relevant under the Rivers QB play. They all have WR2/TE2/Flex appeal for quantity of targets not quality of QB.
    RB: M. Mack is done for the season. Hines was the workhorse this week. I would bet that down the road J. Taylor will take more of a RB1 role. They are both fantasy options though.

Rivers will not be learning any new tricks. He may not make it though the season.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    That was efficient
    The box score showed:
    QB: G. Minshew went 19/20 (that's a 95% completion rate for anyone following along) for 173 yards and 3 TD's. For the fantasy owners that drafted him as a QB2/Superflex they are ecstatic and should be. Was this a fluke? Let's see what happens against the Titans next week.
    WR/TE: Chark, Cole and the rookie Shenault all need to be on fantasy rosters. Each of them is capable and could be the man week in and week out. There is nothing to see here in the TE department.
    RB: James Robinson come on down rook. He did nothing to impress but also did nothing to distance himself from the lead back role on the Jags. He should be picked up if on waivers and should see a ton of work going forward since there really is no one behind him.

Still not really sure what to think about this team. Come on week two.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Las Vegas Raiders
    Potential?
    The box score showed:
    QB: D. Carr with a solid 74% completion rate, 239 yard and a TD. Your QB2/Superflex leagues thank you. Carr was scanning short, intermediate and deep to get the ball to a play maker and didn't lose the game. That's really all you can ask of him.
    WR/TE: H. Ruggs the rookie will be given every opportunity to be a WR1 in this league and in fantasy. We just need to cross our collective fingers and hope his knee was just a ding. Waller is TE1 materail and should get targets each and every week.
    RB: J. Jacobs was a beast this week almost a 100 yds with 3 TD's and added 4 receptions for 46 yards. He is the bell cow. Ride him.

Week 2 is a stiffer test for the Raiders if they can win or at least keep it competitive against the Saints then they have a lot to be excited about in Las Vegas.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Carolina Panthers
    There are 60 minutes in a game.
    The box score showed:
    QB: T. Bridgewater not horrible. 22/34 270 yards and a TD. Once again I don't think anyone drafted him to be a QB1. He made solid QB2/Superflex numbers and there really is no reason for him not to do that each week.
    WR/TE: R. Anderson went 6/115 with a TD. I don't know if that will be a weekly occurrence. I wouldn't bet the house on it. He had stat lines like this in the past then went away for a few games. Monitor his usage closely. DJ Moore and Curtis Samuel where both targeted at WR3/flex numbers but will need to be more productive to warrant their draft spots. I would not go hunting for TE's in Carolina.
    RB: Uh that Christian McCaffrey guy is really good. STUD

The Panthers need to show us a solid 60 mins of football otherwise they will be inconsistent.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Chicago Bears
    Consistently inconsistent
    The box score showed:
    QB: M. Trubisky had a good fantasy day 20/35 242 3 TD's. In reality he is an inconsistent QB that will leave fans scratching their heads and saying "what was that" more than "Yeah Mitch". Stream him if you have set of brass ones otherwise leave him for another fantasy owner.
    WR/TE: Miller, Robinson and rookie D. Mooney all got looks and all performed well. In fantasy Robinson was the highest draft capital so really needs to step up to meet the price point. Mooney may be a ww add for depth in ppr leagues. Chicago is another place to not go TE hunting.
    RB: Really nothing to see here. Monty was nothing more than a flex play at best this week. Buyer beware for this backfield.

Da Bears didn't really win this game the Lions lost it. Keep that in mind.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Detroit Lions
    We got this .................oh crap
    The box score showed:
    QB: Matt Stafford had a Stafford kind of day. He made all kinds of throws and had WR/RB/TE/Ball guys/Refs/Coaches drop some to make his job even tougher. For fantasy he can still be counted on as a late round QB1 pick. You just have to know that he is cursed with crappy ball handling and suspect play calling.
    WR/TE: Amendola and Jones did what they do and will continue to be WR2/3/flex guys for fantasy. The new guy Cephus was targeted enough to have on speed dial for now. T.J. Hockenson may have been a late round or even waiver guy in many leagues but this week showed everyone what he can do. Get him if you can.
    RB: AP is the starter and played fine putting up solid numbers. D'Andre Swift ....welcome to the NFL son. The way you caught that game winning pass was................oh well maybe next time. Give the kid time he'll be ok.

This team needs to learn how to win.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Seattle Seahawks
    Solid
    The box score showed:
    QB: Russell Wilson STUD.
    WR/TE: Metcalf and Lockett are both WR2 with upside in this offense. The TE's all 3 of them got action and none of them will be counted on each week. Buyer beware.
    RB: RBBC Hyde and Carson got equal work in the run game. Carson made his mark in the passing game going 6/45 and 2 TD's.

Let's see how they hold up against the NE defense in week 2.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Atlanta Falcons
    Starting out like last season
    The box score showed:
    QB: Matty Ice will be a top 10 QB again if he stays alive.
    WR/TE: J. Jones STUD, C. Ridley STUD Jr, R. Gage what the hell you go boy. Roster them all and start them all each week until the air raid comes to an end. H. Hurst made a fantastic catch but only had 2 others. He's still a TE to have.
    RB: T. Gurley 56 yards and a TD. Nothing to write home about but usable in fantasy land.

Lots of fantasy points to be had with the Falcons. Lots of hair pulling and tears for the fans until they wake up.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Miami Dolphins
    Locking up the #1 pick
    The box score showed:
    QB: Yuck. Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to Fitztragic land. This may have had something to do with the NE defense but it was UGLY no matter what. That effort may have expedited the debut of Tua Tagoviloa to week 2 against the Bills. I would almost say don't do it and just let Fitzy get brutalized again then bring Tua in against the Jags in week 3.
    WR/TE: The poor QB play really didn't allow any of the WR/TE to do anything of note. D. Parker is not at 100% and should be shut down for a couple of weeks. P. Williams looks good and able so give the lad a chance. M. Gesicki has a chance to be a fantasy TE if the QB play is stabilized. It's going to be a waiting game for now.
    RB: M. Breida is the best RB on the team. He will lead the team in all categories by the end of the season. The coaching staff has to get him involved in the passing game though to see his full potential.

Playing for pride once again.
    Mod - Sleeper U