fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Regular Content is here... starting with this new Bold Prediction. Get some!

Gronk... top 6 #s possible❓

SmittySmitty Posts: 9,000
I’m frankly shocked so many think he can’t be a top 6-8TE this year. That TE pool is thin after Kelce, Kittle, Andrews, Waller and Ertz.
- Smitty
SleeperU.com

Comments

• XtremeXtreme Posts: 5,229
    I think he could be up there, but I won’t spend much at TE unless I’m landing Kittle or Kelce
  • tmoneytmoney Posts: 913
    I will let someone else overpay for him. His last year with the Pats wasn’t exactly Gronk-like.
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 9,000
    👍
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 2,179
    He could totally land in that range, but that's not saying a whole lot. Last year the 6-8 TEs averaged in the neighborhood of 700 yards and 5 TDs. Not "terrible" production but on MFL his current ADP is 29th overall, no chance I'm paying that price to get him.
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 6,103
    SMFFCN said:

He could totally land in that range, but that's not saying a whole lot. Last year the 6-8 TEs averaged in the neighborhood of 700 yards and 5 TDs. Not "terrible" production but on MFL his current ADP is 29th overall, no chance I'm paying that price to get him.

Nor am I. With the makeup of that team and Gronk's history, I feel he will be on a snap count early on to have him for the playoffs, that will limit his production more than anything assuming he stays healthy.
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 12,262
    Negz.com
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,420
    edited July 23
    Smitty said:

I’m frankly shocked so many think he can’t be a top 6-8TE this year. That TE pool is thin after Kelce, Kittle, Andrews, Waller and Ertz.

Unless Engram and Henry retire I don’t see him doing better than them. That’s not the mention Hooper who the Browns acquires despite having Njoku already on the team. I even put Gronk behind Hurst, only because Falcons have the targets and history of actually utilizing while the Arians offenses don’t.
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 12,262
    If Gronk is a top 6 TE, Brady gonna post 4200/35/10 this year. Godwin, Evans, and the backs will probably nab 3000 combined.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,298
    Who needs Gronk when you already have one of Kittle, Ertz, Engram or Jonnu Smith.... watch that guy breakout. 😉

Another TE is the guy who just landed in ATL. 🤫
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 2,316
    I like Jonnu and Thomas a lot. I could see Gronk top ten for sure as there really is a drop-off after the top five.
    D3:
    QB—Allen, Big Ben, Fitz, Tyrod
    RB—EE, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, Evans (R), Coleman, JSamuels, Pollard
    WR—MThomas, Diggs, Chark, Harry, Lamb (R), Hardman, Butler, Lazard
    TE—Doyle, Jonnu, Thomas
    PK—Zuerlein
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Stafford, Fitz
    RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Cohen, Howard, Breida, Burkhead, JSamuels, Edmonds
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jeffery, Jefferson (R), Amendola, Miller, Butler, Watson
    TE—Olsen, Thomas, Kmet, Trautman
    PK—Gostkowski, Prater
    DEF—Bears, Jags
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,972
    I might be the biggest gronk fan on this planet.....luv him....but the gronk of old is long gone....having said that....top 6-8 is reachable....yards will be crap but damn 8 tds seems reachable....
  • sludgejudgesludgejudge Posts: 962
    edited July 23

I might be the biggest gronk fan on this planet.....luv him....but the gronk of old is long gone....having said that....top 6-8 is reachable....yards will be crap but damn 8 tds seems reachable....

Can totally picture sportscenter leading with the first Brady to Gronk TD & Celebration
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 6,332

Can totally picture sportscenter leading with the first Brady to Gronk TD & Celebration
    PLEASE don't let Berman make the call.
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Stafford, Minshew, Bridgewater, Haskins / RB - Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D.Cook, Mattison, Pollard
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, AJG, M.Williams, H.Butler / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, OJ Howard
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Gay
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold, Trubisky, Fitzpatrick / RB - A.Jones, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, Dillon, JamaalWilliams, D.Harris, R.Armstead, Benjamin
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Perriman, Boykin, Westbrook, Valdes-Scantling / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Dissly, V.McDonald, Griffin
    DST - Steelers, Buccaneers / K - Lutz
  • wh0urdadywh0urdady Posts: 3,472
    Gronk looked horrible his last season, I just don’t think his body has it any more. Looked stuff like a robot
    QB: Cousins
    RB: Mixon
    RB: Hunt
    WR: Julio
    WR: MThomas
    WR: Golladay
    Flex: Woods
    TE: Kittle
    DST: 49ers

Bench
    QB Arod
    RB: Guice, Love, Swift, Breida, Coleman, DThompson, Darrel Williams
    WR: Ruggs, Claypool, Agholor, Higgins, Keesean Johnson
    TE: D Waller
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 5,229
    edited July 24
    Gronk will have room this year though as Evans and Godwin demand way more attention than NE Wrs did. He will be productive.
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 1,674
    With Brady at QB, it would not surprise me if Evans slid to third place with Godwin getting the most targets.
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,420

With Brady at QB, it would not surprise me if Evans slid to third place with Godwin getting the most targets.

While I think it’s the TEs who will be 3rd in the pecking order, I will say I’m not sure how or why anyone would think Godwin and Evans will get enough looks from Brady to be both be top 10 talent this yr. Traditionally Brady has utilized a short route possession receiver (eg, Welker, Amendola, Edelman), relied on a premier TE (not a factor in Bruce Arians playbook) and included heavy usage out of a receiving RB. He sprinkles in the rest of his passes throughout the team except for that one yr he focused on Randy Moss. Brady has won so much because he uses all the weapons at his disposal instead of what other teams do when they focus on a clear #1 WR. The Browns tried hard last yr to get OBJ his targets, namely cuz his talent and salary dictated he needed to get a majority of targets, winning be damned.

So I just don’t see Brady making any of the guys on TB top 10 talent.
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,379
    RoJo is the guy to grab for cheap. & Tyler Johnson