fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Regular Content is here... starting with this new Bold Prediction. Get some!

Dynasty Commissioners: What if there is no season?

2»

Comments

• WTCMWTCM Posts: 12,295
    Watch the Falcons resign Freeman. That or fire up Brian Hill!
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • DeathStarsDeathStars Posts: 143
    Has anyone discussed the possibility of a season beginning and then being suspended mid way, say after 7 games. How have commissioners thought about handling that?
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 6,370

Has anyone discussed the possibility of a season beginning and then being suspended mid way, say after 7 games. How have commissioners thought about handling that?

Think I will just declare myself to be the 2020 champion

I dunno... good question
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Stafford, Minshew, Bridgewater, Haskins / RB - Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D.Cook, Mattison, Pollard
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, AJG, M.Williams, H.Butler / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, OJ Howard
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Gay
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold, Trubisky, Fitzpatrick / RB - A.Jones, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, Dillon, JamaalWilliams, D.Harris, R.Armstead, Benjamin
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Perriman, Boykin, Westbrook, Valdes-Scantling / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Dissly, V.McDonald, Griffin
    DST - Steelers, Buccaneers / K - Lutz
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 6,123
    I'll be proposing to my leagues in the next 48 hrs that we set a minimum number of games to be played for awarding cookies if not meeting that number than fun league for 1 year and rebate or roll over the cookies. Standings wise again set a minimum number of games to set draft order for next year otherwise use a random order generator.
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 12,295
    Actually smart.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 2,323
    Anything less than a full year I think you cancel. THOUGH I guess if there is at least XX games played, you'd at least have a new draft order. UGH. This sucks.
    D3:
    QB—Allen, Big Ben, Fitz, Tyrod
    RB—EE, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, Evans (R), Coleman, JSamuels, Pollard
    WR—MThomas, Diggs, Chark, Harry, Lamb (R), Hardman, Butler, Lazard
    TE—Doyle, Jonnu, Thomas
    PK—Zuerlein
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Stafford, Fitz
    RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Cohen, Howard, Breida, Burkhead, JSamuels, Edmonds
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jeffery, Jefferson (R), Amendola, Miller, Butler, Watson
    TE—Olsen, Thomas, Kmet, Trautman
    PK—Gostkowski, Prater
    DEF—Bears, Jags
  • DeathStarsDeathStars Posts: 143
    Iceman said:

I'll be proposing to my leagues in the next 48 hrs that we set a minimum number of games to be played for awarding cookies if not meeting that number than fun league for 1 year and rebate or roll over the cookies. Standings wise again set a minimum number of games to set draft order for next year otherwise use a random order generator.

We are thinking about doing the same - I think we will target 9 games. In this particular league, it is the week that everyone would have played each other once. It doesn't account for a teams potential advantage with bye weeks (i.e. not having your QB miss a game yet etc), but I think that is a good point to target. Clearly, nothing is going to be perfect.

If the season is cancelled prior to that point, we will at least have a draft order established. We would consider awarding the TOTAL POINTS award (as we do traditionally), and then roll over the funds for the following year and have a reduced by in to make up for the points payout to get back to even.
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 6,370
    I have the good fortune of running a league that does not use cookies and does not draft until Labor Day. If there is no season, then, we will defer our draft until 2021 keeping the order currently set for 2020. That will give the teams later in the draft a few more plums,but, still give the earlier teams a deeper pool of the creme-de-la-creme.

Not sure what to do if there is a shortened season. It is a 10 team league, so just spit-balling, but, maybe keep the same order for 2021 for rounds 2 through 5 But, sliding the first round by 5 with the 2020 1.06 getting the 2021 1.01 and the 2020 1.01 getting the 2021 1.06. Have not thought that through, but, it seems to me to be more reasonable than a completely random generator.
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Stafford, Minshew, Bridgewater, Haskins / RB - Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D.Cook, Mattison, Pollard
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, AJG, M.Williams, H.Butler / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, OJ Howard
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Gay
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold, Trubisky, Fitzpatrick / RB - A.Jones, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, Dillon, JamaalWilliams, D.Harris, R.Armstead, Benjamin
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Perriman, Boykin, Westbrook, Valdes-Scantling / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Dissly, V.McDonald, Griffin
    DST - Steelers, Buccaneers / K - Lutz
  • Here is what I just sent out to my leagues which you can obviously use as a guideline. Let me know if I'm missing any possible scenario or explanation...

Here are my thoughts - I will not put everything to a vote because there are too many moving parts and it would be near impossible to get every minor detail voted on piece by piece. Therefore, I will lay out my thoughts on how things should be set and if there are any major concerns with my ideas - please speak up.

IR - there will be our 2 regular IR slots for truly injured players. They must have an official NFL IR designation and must be removed when/if reactivated.

Covid IR - there will be 10 Covid IR spots, but 1) those spots are only for players on the NFL Covid list (they must be removed immediately once the NFL removes them from that designation) and 2) in order to be placed on that list, that player must have already been on your roster. Picking up a player to put him directly on your Covid IR will not be allowed.

Players Opting OUT - the list of NFL players opting out of playing in the 2020 season is growing every day. These players will be allowed to go onto the EFFEN Covid IR and will obviously remain there through the full season. Suspended, Contract Holdouts, PUP Players, etc… will NOT be allowed to be on the Covid IR list. These players don’t necessarily need to be on your team prior to the season in order to place them on your Covid IR list. They may be drafted or picked up in waivers in order to be placed onto your Covid IR list.

Roster Expansion - there will be no expansion of the roster. Adding 10 Covid IR spots will more than accommodate a team that gets hit extra hard.

Shortened Season - the NFL season will have to play through Week 8 in order to make the EFFEN season valid. If the season ends prior to Week 14, we will only award the following prizes: weekly high score, highest one-week score, total points scored and EFFEN Champion (determined by win-loss, etc…). If the season ends prior to Week 16 but after Week 14, there is no head to head. Instead, teams are divided into the regular brackets (playoff, middle tier, battle for 1.01) but only total points scored is used to determine final standings (tie breaker is total points scored in regular season)

Forfeited NFL Games - EFFEN team will designate 3 bench players in order of preference to substitute for players on NFL teams that forfeit. These players may only be flex players (RB, WR, TE) and CANNOT be QBs, Ks or DTs. These players must be e-mailed to Commish prior to the start of the 1st game of the week in order for them to be considered. If I do not receive your list of designated Bench Flex players, I will refer to the last list you provided. If I never received a list from you, you will not receive any alternate points for forfeited players. Note that an NFL forfeited game is officially scored as a 2-0 win. However, the EFFEN league will NOT honor DT scores from forfeited games, so your defense WILL NOT get points equal to keeping the opponent to 0 or 2 points. In case of a forfeit, it is feasible that a team replaces their QB, K and/or DT with a RB/WR/TE.

Draft Slots - if the NFL plays through Week 8, then the standings will determine Draft Position for the 2021 Draft. If the NFL plays less than 8 games, the 2021 Draft Positions will be picked randomly in the same tiers the teams were in for the 2020 Draft (1-4, 5-8, 9-14). The random picks will be done by having the top team in that Tier e-mailing the other non participating teams in the tier and the commish a list of the 4 teams in random order, at the same time, the 2nd team in that tier will e-mail the other non participating teams in their tier and the Commish a list of numbers corresponding the the pick in random order. The lists will be combined to determine the order. (in other words: Big Tuna will e-mail a list of teams from the top 4 to Valkyrie, Orange Crush and the Commish. Uncle Rico will e-mail a list of numbers 1-4 to Valkyrie, Orange Crush and the Commish. I will match the lists together to determine the order. In the middle tier, Beach Trash will e-mail names to World Champignons & Skeltonators, while Ertz will e-mail numbers 5-8 to those same people. Playoff tier will have Random Name e-mail names to Night Ranger, LeBum, Goodfellas, T & T and the Commish, while Mighty Tacos will e-mail numbers 9-14 to those same people).

I think this should cover all issues that may arise. If you think of any additional amendments that need to be discussed or have a major concern with any of these new Covid Season (or any future shortened season) rules, please let me know.

Thanks and let’s hope we don’t need to use any of these amended rules.

• IcemanIceman Posts: 6,123
    Well thought out Plan GIGFY......