fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Regular Content is here... starting with this new Bold Prediction. Get some!

Dynasty Commissioners: What if there is no season?

This is not a place to discuss politics, or whether or not there will be a season, but what will you all do in your DYNASTIES if there is no season?

I've heard some places will run Madden (or a sim) and then use those stats?
Will everyone stay in the same draft spots as this year?
Random redraw of order?
Draft picks are worth points and you can bid on players?

Just looking for creative ways to handle running our leagues if there is no season.

Keep it light. Not looking to make this an angry covid political thing. LOL

THANKS!
D3:
QB—Allen, Big Ben, Fitz, Tyrod
RB—EE, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, Evans (R), Coleman, JSamuels, Pollard
WR—MThomas, Diggs, Chark, Harry, Lamb (R), Hardman, Butler, Lazard
TE—Doyle, Jonnu, Thomas
PK—Zuerlein
DEF—Ravens

D4:
QB—Watson, Stafford, Fitz
RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Cohen, Howard, Breida, Burkhead, JSamuels, Edmonds
WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jeffery, Jefferson (R), Amendola, Miller, Butler, Watson
TE—Olsen, Thomas, Kmet, Trautman
PK—Gostkowski, Prater
DEF—Bears, Jags

Comments

• chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 6,332
    edited July 1
    Well... I just renewed my 2 CBS leagues and will eat the cost if there is no season.

Have been planning to hold a draft anyway. We don't draft until just before the start of the season. But, you bring up a good point since there could be no season for determining the 2021 draft order.

Perhaps I will not hold a draft until 2021 and let two years of goodies pile up. Etienne and Hubbard will then become available. I don't draft this year until 1.08 so, that might work out better for me to get a player I would otherwise not get without trading a king's ransom for the pick.
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Stafford, Minshew, Bridgewater, Haskins / RB - Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D.Cook, Mattison, Pollard
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, AJG, M.Williams, H.Butler / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, OJ Howard
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Gay
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold, Trubisky, Fitzpatrick / RB - A.Jones, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, Dillon, JamaalWilliams, D.Harris, R.Armstead, Benjamin
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Perriman, Boykin, Westbrook, Valdes-Scantling / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Dissly, V.McDonald, Griffin
    DST - Steelers, Buccaneers / K - Lutz
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 9,000

This is not a place to discuss politics, or whether or not there will be a season, but what will you all do in your DYNASTIES if there is no season?

I've heard some places will run Madden (or a sim) and then use those stats?
    Will everyone stay in the same draft spots as this year?
    Random redraw of order?
    Draft picks are worth points and you can bid on players?

Just looking for creative ways to handle running our leagues if there is no season.

Keep it light. Not looking to make this an angry covid political thing. LOL

THANKS!

I will be heading up something on INstagram. You will have stats :)

- Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 2,316
    Cool, thanks, Chuckey.
    Sounds good, Smitty!
    D3:
    TE—Doyle, Jonnu, Thomas
    PK—Zuerlein
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Cohen, Howard, Breida, Burkhead, JSamuels, Edmonds
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jeffery, Jefferson (R), Amendola, Miller, Butler, Watson
    PK—Gostkowski, Prater
    DEF—Bears, Jags
  • I would still do a draft this year, and use the same order for next year’s draft.

edited July 2

I would still do a draft this year, and use the same order for next year’s draft.

Not a chance that I am doing that. Yes, I dominate this league and take a LOT of crap about it.

But, If I don't get a chance to win a championship THIS year, then I am not giving away all the goodies 2 years in a row and VAULT THE BOTTOM TEAMS OVER THE TOP

BTW... I have not won this league since Zeke was a rookie and did not even get to the Super Bowl last year.
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Stafford, Minshew, Bridgewater, Haskins / RB - Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D.Cook, Mattison, Pollard
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, AJG, M.Williams, H.Butler / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, OJ Howard
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold, Trubisky, Fitzpatrick / RB - A.Jones, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, Dillon, JamaalWilliams, D.Harris, R.Armstead, Benjamin
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Perriman, Boykin, Westbrook, Valdes-Scantling / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Dissly, V.McDonald, Griffin
  • chaindog35chaindog35 Posts: 493
    We’re drafting our rookies in August no mater what. Discussing adding a COVID-19 IR slot just for players with COVID. If we don’t have a season, we will need to discuss how to move forward. I would propose expanding rosters for one year to see how the 2020 rookies develop and then the big argument becomes how to set the draft order for 2021, if there is no season. I would propose it stays stagnant from 2020. Many more questions than answers right now, but it’s a good discussion to have.

Also, I will be depressed.
  • I would still do a draft this year, and use the same order for next year’s draft.

I would still do a draft this year, and use the same order for next year’s draft.

Not a chance that I am doing that. Yes, I dominate this league and take a LOT of crap about it.

But, If I don't get a chance to win a championship THIS year, then I am not giving away all the goodies 2 years in a row and VAULT THE BOTTOM TEAMS OVER THE TOP

BTW... I have not won this league since Zeke was a rookie and did not even get to the Super Bowl last year.
    I meant that I would do what I said in my leagues that I commish if there is no season.

It's interesting as I don't think it's fair to allow the same team to draft the 1.01 two years in a row. That really sets them up to have the two best RBs in each draft for MANY years to come. But how do you offset?

I saw an idea where you got points based on your draft picks and then could bid in an auction for the players. So, while the 1.01 may still have the most POINTS if he wants that 1.01 he may have to go ALL in to get him. That would allow for those that traded picks, or were at the end of each round, to still have a shot at SOME value later. And you probably don't need four rounds of draft picks and late round fliers either.

Thoughts?
    D3:
    TE—Doyle, Jonnu, Thomas
    PK—Zuerlein
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    PK—Gostkowski, Prater
    DEF—Bears, Jags

• I saw an idea where you got points based on your draft picks and then could bid in an auction for the players. So, while the 1.01 may still have the most POINTS if he wants that 1.01 he may have to go ALL in to get him. That would allow for those that traded picks, or were at the end of each round, to still have a shot at SOME value later. And you probably don't need four rounds of draft picks and late round fliers either.

I really like this idea and will definitely suggest it to my leagues if necessary.

I saw an idea where you got points based on your draft picks and then could bid in an auction for the players. So, while the 1.01 may still have the most POINTS if he wants that 1.01 he may have to go ALL in to get him. That would allow for those that traded picks, or were at the end of each round, to still have a shot at SOME value later. And you probably don't need four rounds of draft picks and late round fliers either.

I really like this idea and will definitely suggest it to my leagues if necessary.
    Cool. I thought it was fair. Not sure how to implement it. Could be a fast, live bid or a slow email/forum thing. IDK.
    D3:
    TE—Doyle, Jonnu, Thomas
    PK—Zuerlein
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    PK—Gostkowski, Prater
    DEF—Bears, Jags
  • Hopefully it won't come to that, but if it does, we have over a year to figure out the details.

Sure, just bored and looking for something that pick at here LOL
    D3:
    TE—Doyle, Jonnu, Thomas
    PK—Zuerlein
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    PK—Gostkowski, Prater
    DEF—Bears, Jags
  • CARramrod958CARramrod958 Posts: 196

This sounds very interesting. However, would you mind explaining this idea in more detail? Unfortunately, I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed so please explain this to me as if I used to ride the short bus to school. Thank you!
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,420
    In order to prevent tanking my league has a lottery draft for all the non-playoff teams. So just because you finish last in points doesn’t guarantee you the 1.01. If there was no 2020 season I think the fairest thing to do would be just have a lottery draft for all teams then. This is why I’m iffy on trading my 2021 first round pick, just in case this is the route we go. I think there’s gonna be a 2020 season so this is all just talk at this point.
  • I agree that we will have some sort of season - maybe a shortened one, but there will be something.

edited July 3

This sounds very interesting. However, would you mind explaining this idea in more detail? Unfortunately, I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed so please explain this to me as if I used to ride the short bus to school. Thank you!
    Basically instead of just giving the same picks to the same teams AGAIN next year, which would give (for example) the worst team the 1.01 two years in a row, you assign a value to each pick and then do an auction draft.

• So, the worst team has the 1.01, 2.01, 3.01, and 4.01.
    • Find a pick evaluator and assign value.
    • This team would get 700 + 180 + 65 + 23 = 968.
    • Comparatively the best team, the winner, has 1.12, 2.12, 3.12, 4.12.
    • That team would get 196 + 70 + 25 + 10 = 301.
    • You then run your auction draft however you normally do—blind one bid, live fast bid, whatever.
    • Obviously the #1 pick here has WAY more points. The #12 can't outbid them. Then it's down to strategy.
    • Does the #1 go all in to secure the #1? Do they bid 75%? What if they bid 700 points but the #2 bid 720?

That way the top guys will get the early picks, but as the draft progresses, there will be value. I'd say you get as many picks as you have money. Or you could limit it to 4 picks per team, a total of 48 in a 12-man. By the time you get to the second round, who knows what money or players are left?

Could be fun.
    D3:
    TE—Doyle, Jonnu, Thomas
    PK—Zuerlein
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    PK—Gostkowski, Prater
    DEF—Bears, Jags
  • Absolutely perfect.

I meant that I would do what I said in my leagues that I commish if there is no season.
    @GuinnessIsGoodForYou I understood what you said, but as @wickerkat1212 indicated that still gives the 1.01 and 1.02 teams the best RBs in 2020 and 2021. For the No-PPR D-League for which I am commissioner that would probably move them past most of the top teams. While I want the bottom teams to rehabilitate, I think that they need to "earn" those top picks

It's interesting as I don't think it's fair to allow the same team to draft the 1.01 two years in a row. That really sets them up to have the two best RBs in each draft for MANY years to come. But how do you offset?

Thoughts?

Yes that would sort of even things out a bit. However, the probability of success falls off the table for picks after the middle of the first round and certainly after the middle of the 2nd round. If I have all that draft capital I am probably spending just enough secure the 1.01 and leave the rest to bid on players later that I like that probably nobody will bid against me. Same for the would be 1.02 pick owner.

I will admit that I have found value in rookie picks after the first round. I got David Johnson at 2.09, Russell Wilson at 3.09 and Chris Godwin at 3.10 in this league of "8 year olds"\

Anything that this league decides will require a vote, but, I am not suggesting an auction, particularly since Etienne and Hubbard were SUPPOSED to be in the 2020 player pool.
  • tmoneytmoney Posts: 913
    You run into issues as many teams have traded picks for 2021. I think the best way around it is to do a weighted lottery, for 2021 drafts if there is not 2020 season.

Part of a rebuild strategy is to load up 1st for 2 years, knowing that rookies won’t really move the bar in year 1, and that you would have an early first the following year.
    You know, I have ONLY been thinking about this from the perspective that my draft will not held before late August. Have not decided what I will suggest to my league.

If there will not be a 2020 season, I will probably recommend deferral of the draft until 2021. That will deepen the pool for all teams and the teams with the early picks will STILL have the advantage without giving them ALL of the goodies.

For leagues who have already held their drafts this is a much bigger conundrum.
  • CARramrod958CARramrod958 Posts: 196

Basically instead of just giving the same picks to the same teams AGAIN next year, which would give (for example) the worst team the 1.01 two years in a row, you assign a value to each pick and then do an auction draft.

• So, the worst team has the 1.01, 2.01, 3.01, and 4.01.
    • Find a pick evaluator and assign value.
    • This team would get 700 + 180 + 65 + 23 = 968.
    • Comparatively the best team, the winner, has 1.12, 2.12, 3.12, 4.12.
    • That team would get 196 + 70 + 25 + 10 = 301.
    • You then run your auction draft however you normally do—blind one bid, live fast bid, whatever.
    • Obviously the #1 pick here has WAY more points. The #12 can't outbid them. Then it's down to strategy.
    • Does the #1 go all in to secure the #1? Do they bid 75%? What if they bid 700 points but the #2 bid 720?

That way the top guys will get the early picks, but as the draft progresses, there will be value. I'd say you get as many picks as you have money. Or you could limit it to 4 picks per team, a total of 48 in a 12-man. By the time you get to the second round, who knows what money or players are left?

Could be fun.
    Thank you very much for clearing that up for me!
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,379
    Im starting to think that the season will be affected by COVID & some measures should probably be put in place if the season is reduced or cancelled for regular season games.

-@ what point do you call the season & there are no winners & losers of $? Should the dues for this season Rollover into next season? Payout current leaders if it goes 10 games & then called??

-Draft order will come up for 21' Draft.

-Guess have Owners of Teams vote on this before season starts & modify by vote as season is affected?
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,972
    Honestly ....a one week period of mourning with a lot of tears follows....
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 12,262
    edited July 16
    72 positive cases in the NFL I read today. Players who test positive will be on COVID-19 list. 3 weeks on IR­.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

72 positive cases in the NFL I read today. Players who test positive will be on COVID-19 list. 3 weeks on IR­.

Damn
    edited July 16
    I know one of my two leagues added 4 bench slots due to covid concerns...think it was a good move
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,298

I know one of my two leagues added 4 bench slots due to covid concerns...think it was a good move

Yep, one of mine did this as well
    Mark Davis and Mark Cuban need to shut up.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    And so it begins.. Todd Gurley "prepared to not play" if NFL, NFLPA can't come up with a good plan for playing in a pandemic
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • uh oh - this could get ugly.