fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Regular Content is here... starting with this new Bold Prediction. Get some!

Mark Andrews

The analysis and chatter in fantasydom has been that while Andrews is a TE Tier 1 the knock on him is his 10 TDs from last yr will regress as apparently that isn’t sustainable yr to yr.

Came across this tidbit:

Baltimore Ravens
Last year's Ravens ran just 21.6% of their offensive plays while trailing, by far the lowest rate in the league. That combined with their run-first mentality gave them the lowest pass-to-rush attempt ratio that we've seen across this nine-year sample. And it's going to be hard to repeat it. Of the 10 teams with a pass-to-rush ratio at or below 0.90 since 2011, all ended up being more pass-heavy the following year, with an average increase of 0.22. The Ravens are still going to be a run-friendly team, but it's not likely we see them rush the rock like they did in 2019.

So if the Ravens aren’t projected to run as much in 2020, their passing should go up which would benefit Andrews greatly as he’s one of the two main targets for Lamar. So while that 10 tds from 2019 may or may not be replicated you should see an uptick in his receptions and receiving yardage. I prefer that actually because TDs are not a dependable stat and can vary from yr to yr.

Comments

• WTCMWTCM Posts: 12,174
    His stock takes a massive hit if Baltimore signs AB. If not, I view him still as a safe TE1.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 6,278
    WTCM said:

His stock takes a massive hit if Baltimore signs AB. If not, I view him still as a safe TE1.

Rumors? Can't figure why any team would put up with his EQUINE EXCREMENT
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Stafford, Minshew, Bridgewater, Haskins / RB - Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D.Cook, Mattison, Pollard
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, AJG, M.Williams, H.Butler / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, OJ Howard
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Gay
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold, Fitzpatrick / RB - A.Jones, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, Dillon, JamaalWilliams, D.Harris, R.Armstead, Benjamin
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Perriman, Boykin, Westbrook, Valdes-Scantling / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Dissly, V.McDonald, Griffin
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz

WTCM said:

AB has HOF stats behind his craziness.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • sludgejudgesludgejudge Posts: 919
    WTCM said:

WTCM said:

AB is Hollywood’s cousin, right?

WTCM said:

WTCM said:

AB is Hollywood’s cousin, right?
    That's also another big factor.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,360
    I see Andrews as a TE1 but not a Top 3 Te like his value suggests. Solid starter

Don't think he can repeat last years Td's & don't see his numbers going up either. Additions of Dobbins & Duvernay should take up some targets as well.
    With that said, I don't think Lamar will run as much this year as he did last year.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this: