fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Regular Content is here... starting with this new Bold Prediction. Get some!

Dalvin Cook News

Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 5,276
Dalvin Cook will not participate in any team activities until he receives a new contract, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

“He’s out,” a source told Schefter. “Without a reasonable extension, he will not be showing up for camp or beyond.” Cook is entering the final season of his four-year rookie deal and is scheduled to make just over $2 million in 2020. While the Vikings traded away Stefon Diggs this offseason, they did hand Kirk Cousins a contract extension with $61 million guaranteed at signing. That likely impacted Cook's stance, as the runner recorded over 1,600 total yards last season to go along with 13 touchdowns. Backs nearing second contracts are starting to understand they need to lock up their money as quickly as possible. From the Vikings' side, they know Cook has only played 29 games in three seasons due to various injuries. Per Schefter, the two sides have not spoken since last week and have no further discussions scheduled right now. Alexander Mattison would instantly be viewed as a top 15 running back option in any game that Dalvin Cook misses.
SleeperU Forum Moderator

Comments

• DAXDAX Posts: 1,882
    i'm not sure he can command anything at the moment. injured for most of his rookie year, came back and wasn't very good his second year. he had a great year last season. does one good year give you the leverage you need to demand a big contract?
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,379
    Grab Mattison. Don’t see Vikings offering anything new soon
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 5,229
    I’m sure they may offer him an extension, but I doubt it’s as much as he’s hoping for.
    2 million isn’t enough...I think he is right to expect an extension...just hope they find a way to get it done
  • I can see him doing this to secure his money after the year he had. However, knowing that Mattison is right behind him on the depth chart - this is a VERY risky move. I don't see the Vikings giving him more money until after his rookie deal becomes due. I actually see Cook caving in and playing after he sees Mattison putting up very solid numbers in the first 3 weeks of the season.

• PDTDTPDTDT Posts: 698
    JFGDC! Every player wants to be the highest paid this or that...Cook I like, but he hasn't been healthy for a full season, and still has a year on his contract.
    Cousins, Dalton
    DJohnson, DCook, JHoward
    AJGreen, DHop, SDiggs
    DNjoku
    I bet they bump up a signing bonus for this season or add a one year extension at a significant salary bump. After all, he’s not scheduled to make much more than F.Gore this season...cmon, lol
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 12,262
    Xtreme said:

I’m sure they may offer him an extension, but I doubt it’s as much as he’s hoping for.

This, he doesn't warrant the contract that of Gurley or Zeke got. Simply because the body of work is far too short, even though the talent is there. I'm a Vikings ride or die fan. This news sucks to read, but I kinda knew it was coming. Mattison is good, so it relieves some pressure off the Vikings, but he's not Cook. I think they work something out also. Just not the highest paid back in football yet.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 5,276
    This could be an issue getting anything done if he truly believes he's the best at his position.

Dalvin Cook believes he is the best running back in football.
    The 24-year-old is headed into a contract year. The posturing has begun. “The things I do coming out of the backfield, the things I do in between the tackles, I block, I pretty much do it all,” Cook said. “I don’t have to come off the field. I think some guys just don’t do as much as I do, and I think that’s why I’m today’s (top) back.” Cook solidified himself as an elite option at the position last season, but his injury history remains lengthy and concerning. His deal has also come due at a time where a host of recent running back contracts have gone sideways. Working in his favor is the Vikings' run-established ways. Cook's contract situation is a fascinating undercard to Christian McCaffrey's.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    Well the mentality of any player at any position should be they're the best. I think he's reacting to the responses on social media about him jocking for a pay raid/holdout. I chuckled when I read I don't have to come off the field... But you do almost every year for injuries Dalvin! lol
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    edited June 9
    WTCM said:

Well the mentality of any player at any position should be they're the best. I think he's reacting to the responses on social media about him jocking for a pay raid/holdout. I chuckled when I read I don't have to come off the field... But you do almost every year for injuries Dalvin! lol

Just for clarification, my last post was a statement Cook made back in April 2020 so it was prior to his June 8, 2020 hold out for a new contract.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 2,179
    He's awesome when he's on the field but, as has been mentioned, he never seems to play a full season. I don't see the Vikings working out anything with him unless it truly is "reasonable". He's not going to become the highest paid RB, nor does he deserve to be.
  • tmoneytmoney Posts: 913
    With the uncertainty heading into this season, I don’t see a lot of big extensions being signed. With potentially no fans in the stands, and fears of another economic shutdown if there is a 2nd wave, the salary cap may actually go down. No time for this nonsense.
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,972
    Said he would he happy with 11 mill a season...good luck....ha ha....Gordon layer out the blueprint in how vikings should handle this ...if cook watched that play out he should play week 1
  • tmoney said:

With the uncertainty heading into this season, I don’t see a lot of big extensions being signed. With potentially no fans in the stands, and fears of another economic shutdown if there is a 2nd wave, the salary cap may actually go down. No time for this nonsense.

This is a great point!

ESPN's Courtney Cronin reports holdout Dalvin Cook would "gladly" take an offer in the $13 million-per-year range.

The initial figure reportedly proposed by Cook's camp was close to $16 million annually (similar to Christian McCaffrey's recent extension), but that side has recently dropped their number to just under $15 million. It's still far removed from the Vikings' initial offer of $10 million per year. As Cronin points out, Minnesota signed Stefon Diggs, Xavier Rhodes, Everson Griffen and Linval Joseph to extensions on the eve of camp in recent years, so all hope is not lost. But Cook remains prepared to sit out the season and avoid playing during the final year of his rookie deal — a transgression that would cause the 24-year-old to become a restricted free agent (rather than unrestricted) after the 2020 season. Buckle up.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    Diggs was a diva and was traded away. Rhodes was a bust after he was paid. Griffen indicated he was leaving for FA after the extension offered wasn't enough. I pray this doesn't back fire as a Vikings fan lol
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 6,332
    WTCM said:

Diggs was a diva and was traded away. Rhodes was a bust after he was paid. Griffen indicated he was leaving for FA after the extension offered wasn't enough. I pray this doesn't back fire as a Vikings fan lol

CRAP like this is why you can't own enough stud players, particularly RUNNING BACKS
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Stafford, Minshew, Bridgewater, Haskins / RB - Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D.Cook, Mattison, Pollard
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, AJG, M.Williams, H.Butler / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, OJ Howard
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Gay
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold, Trubisky, Fitzpatrick / RB - A.Jones, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, Dillon, JamaalWilliams, D.Harris, R.Armstead, Benjamin
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Perriman, Boykin, Westbrook, Valdes-Scantling / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Dissly, V.McDonald, Griffin
    DST - Steelers, Buccaneers / K - Lutz
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,298

WTCM said:

CRAP like this is why you can't own enough stud players, particularly RUNNING BACKS
    CC!!! Yeah buddy! 👍
    CoolHand said:

WTCM said:

CC!!! Yeah buddy! 👍
    Thanks, but, don't get too excited CH... still just a very part=timer still
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Stafford, Minshew, Bridgewater, Haskins / RB - Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D.Cook, Mattison, Pollard
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, AJG, M.Williams, H.Butler / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, OJ Howard
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold, Trubisky, Fitzpatrick / RB - A.Jones, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, Dillon, JamaalWilliams, D.Harris, R.Armstead, Benjamin
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Perriman, Boykin, Westbrook, Valdes-Scantling / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Dissly, V.McDonald, Griffin

CoolHand said:

WTCM said:

CC!!! Yeah buddy! 👍
    Forget those other few who got under your skin some before. Life is to short my friend. 👍😁
    CoolHand said:

WTCM said:

CC!!! Yeah buddy! 👍
    I second that notion
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    edited June 11
    CoolHand said:

CoolHand said:

WTCM said:

CC!!! Yeah buddy! 👍
    Forget those other few who got under your skin some before. Life is to short my friend. 👍😁
    Especially for @Kookaburra and me. I am 68 and I think Kook is 70ish.

I am just easing back. Don't need any elevation in BP which is pretty good for me at about 125ish over 80ish. But, heart disease runs in my family and I am also an overweight diabetic.

Just got tired of the Male Bovine Excrement
    edited June 11

CoolHand said:

CoolHand said:

WTCM said:

CC!!! Yeah buddy! 👍

I am just easing back. Don't need any elevation in BP which is pretty good for me at about 125ish over 80ish. But, heart disease runs in my family and I am also an overweight diabetic.

No worries my friend. Look at the positives and just bypass the comments from those people.

Wtcm and I are trying to catch you two... bday coming up early next week (almost the big 4-0 but not yet)😉🤣
    CoolHand said:

CoolHand said:

CoolHand said:

WTCM said:

CC!!! Yeah buddy! 👍

No worries my friend. Look at the positives and just bypass the comments from those people.

Wtcm and I are trying to catch you two... bday coming up early next week (almost the big 4-0 but not yet)😉🤣
    39?
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 6,103
    Almost the big 40???? sheeesh just a baby..... =) =) ;)
    Iceman said:

Almost the big 40???? sheeesh just a baby..... =) =) ;)

Ya.... what he said! 😳😎

CoolHand said:

CoolHand said:

CoolHand said:

WTCM said:

CC!!! Yeah buddy! 👍

39?
    Yep... 🤷‍♂️🤣
    CoolHand said:

CoolHand said:

CoolHand said:

CoolHand said:

WTCM said:

CC!!! Yeah buddy! 👍

39?
    Yep... 🤷‍♂️🤣
    AWESOME! You can use the whole year to tell people that you're just BARELY in your thirties.

CoolHand said:

CoolHand said:

CoolHand said:

CoolHand said:

WTCM said:

CC!!! Yeah buddy! 👍

39?
    Yep... 🤷‍♂️🤣
    AWESOME! You can use the whole year to tell people that you're just BARELY in your thirties.
    Hahaha!! I’ll have to do that. Age doesn’t matter to me. It’s all how you feel and live life. 👍😁