fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Regular Content is here... starting with this new Bold Prediction. Get some!

CEH rookie year

footballjunkiefootballjunkie Posts: 176
numbers?

Comments

• farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,972
    If your asking those on this site then your gonna see 3000 total yards and 20 tds....his hype in this forum is out of control...dude won't rush for 1000...maybe 700 best case.....400 yards receiving....1100-1200 total yards seems reasonable to be ...they are gonna score points but wrs and a tight end seem to get most...they had 16 rushing tds....im putting him at 8 tds....
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 2,179
    edited May 27

If your asking those on this site then your gonna see 3000 total yards and 20 tds....his hype in this forum is out of control...dude won't rush for 1000...maybe 700 best case.....400 yards receiving....1100-1200 total yards seems reasonable to be ...they are gonna score points but wrs and a tight end seem to get most...they had 16 rushing tds....im putting him at 8 tds....

This seems like a realistic prediction. I'm expecting somewhere along the lines of 750ru 400re and 10-12 total TDs. So about the same, just a little higher on the TDs for me personally.

Next season will most likely be an entirely different animal, but for his rookie year I would temper expectations a bit.
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 2,316
    Yep. Agree.
    D3:
    QB—Allen, Big Ben, Fitz, Tyrod
    RB—EE, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, Evans (R), Coleman, JSamuels, Pollard
    WR—MThomas, Diggs, Chark, Harry, Lamb (R), Hardman, Butler, Lazard
    TE—Doyle, Jonnu, Thomas
    PK—Zuerlein
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Stafford, Fitz
    RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Cohen, Howard, Breida, Burkhead, JSamuels, Edmonds
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jeffery, Jefferson (R), Amendola, Miller, Butler, Watson
    TE—Olsen, Thomas, Kmet, Trautman
    PK—Gostkowski, Prater
    DEF—Bears, Jags
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 12,262

You know your absolutely right. Inhave fallen to this and even been apart of this.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    What round are we taking this guy? Seen him go in the 2nd.....seems rich for me ...3rd seems like an okay investment....I think the magic number is 150....if he can get 150 carries I think he will play to his ADP.....
  • I probably won’t own him because I wouldn’t draft him before the late 3rd or early 4th. However, he will likely be gone by the lat 2nd / early 3rd.

In Dynasty, he's a mid 2nd round pick.

In redraft I won't touch him in the first 3 rounds. Which means I'll probably miss out on him. With Covid-19 eliminating the pre-season, that is a significant burden for all rookies that need to assimilate to their offences. Which means Damien Williams should be the week 1 lead back. And if he does well, their is no reason for the Chiefs not to roll with him. Keep in mind, Williams should have been the MVP of the Super Bowl. Also if CEH, shows some glaring weakness in pass protection, he may not see the field early. You have to protect the half a billion dollar QB.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 6,103
    Stock up for CEH....

Damien Williams RB, Kansas City Chiefs
    Chiefs RB Damien Williams opted out of the 2020 NFL season.

Chiefs GM Brett Veach supports Williams' decision, one that was difficult to make but is in the best interest of himself and his family. Williams will be set to rejoin the NFL in 2021. For fantasy football purposes, it's the biggest player to opt of the season. Williams was a reasonable mid-round selection and hedge to rookie Clyde Edwards-Helaire, who now should be a first-round pick in fantasy drafts. Edwards-Helaire was previously being selected in the late second round.
    Related:

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Source: Chiefs on Twitter
    Jul 29, 2020, 4:47 PM ET
    Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB, Kansas City Chiefs
    Clyde Edwards-Helaire has become the Chiefs' clear lead back following Damien Williams' opt out.

The No. 32 overall pick was obviously already in line for a big role, but he now lacks real competition on early downs. Free agent addition DeAndre Washington has never been more than replacement-level between the tackles, while neither Darrel Williams nor Darwin Thompson have distinguished themselves. Ex-Jet Elijah McGuire is on the outside looking in of a 53-man roster spot. In a perfect world, diminutive CEH would be eased in on early downs, but 2020 is not going to be a perfect football world. He is now in a commanding position for monstrous workloads in the league's most dangerous offense. He is a clear RB1, the degree of which will be hotly debated all August.
    Jul 29, 2020, 5:52 PM ET
    Damn....did he just become a 2nd round pick in redraft also?
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 5,229
    D.Washington put up good numbers in weeks 16 and 17...he has the skill set to thrive in KC if given an opportunity. He’s definitely worth an add if you have a spot to hold him.
    Xtreme said:

D.Washington put up good numbers in weeks 16 and 17...he has the skill set to thrive in KC if given an opportunity. He’s definitely worth an add if you have a spot to hold him.

Lost me at d. Washington .ha ha....hard to say really....I know the ceh hype is off the rails ...some talking 1st round pick stuff in most formats ...I'm debating 2nd....on the fence...seems early still

He became a top 8 pick for me in redrafts after Damien opted. Its that big a jump.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 6,332
    WTCM said:

He became a top 8 pick for me in redrafts after Damien opted. Its that big a jump.
    Too rich for my blood
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Stafford, Minshew, Bridgewater, Haskins / RB - Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D.Cook, Mattison, Pollard
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, AJG, M.Williams, H.Butler / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, OJ Howard
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Gay
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold, Trubisky, Fitzpatrick / RB - A.Jones, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, Dillon, JamaalWilliams, D.Harris, R.Armstead, Benjamin
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Perriman, Boykin, Westbrook, Valdes-Scantling / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Dissly, V.McDonald, Griffin
    DST - Steelers, Buccaneers / K - Lutz

WTCM said:

Too rich for my blood
    You say this, but the numbers might just be their. At least in PPR
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,379
    The problem with CEH is that the Chiefs hate to run the ball. He might get 8-15 carries a game.
    With a lead, that's what they may only do lol
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

Just a weird year....are u concerned with a rookie getting zero preseason and limited training camp picking up the position quickly and performing at a 1st round value?

WTCM said:

Just a weird year....are u concerned with a rookie getting zero preseason and limited training camp picking up the position quickly and performing at a 1st round value?
    I was prior to Damien opting. Malhomes hand selected CEH. In college its rare for a RB to have 25 catches, CEH he around 55. That's significant.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    I have the choice of ceh and miles sanders....my gut can't put him ahead of him....
    WTCM said:

WTCM said:

Too rich for my blood
    You say this, but the numbers might just be their. At least in PPR
    Last time I drafted a rookie in the first round of a dynasty startup was Trent Richardson at 1.09. Looked pretty good his rookie year. Then not so much. I passed on AJ Green, Julio Jones and Demarco Murray
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Stafford, Minshew, Bridgewater, Haskins / RB - Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D.Cook, Mattison, Pollard
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, AJG, M.Williams, H.Butler / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, OJ Howard
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold, Trubisky, Fitzpatrick / RB - A.Jones, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, Dillon, JamaalWilliams, D.Harris, R.Armstead, Benjamin
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Perriman, Boykin, Westbrook, Valdes-Scantling / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Dissly, V.McDonald, Griffin
    Okay maybe a first rounder might be a rookie fever, a 2nd is safer. I remember my mistake of David Montgomery last year.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    =)
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 2,179
    WTCM said:

Okay maybe a first rounder might be a rookie fever, a 2nd is safer. I remember my mistake of David Montgomery last year.

Assuming there's a season that's somewhat normal, I think CEH will earn first round value but there's plenty of risk that he won't. There are a handful of players I'd prefer to take over him just to play it safe.... love him though and he could erupt with becoming the #1 out of the gate.
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,379
    Just take Mahomes in the 1st Rd.

If you combine D Williams & McCoys numbers from last year you might get Top 10 production.

#38 Williams. 111/498/5. & 30/213/2
    #41 MCCoy. 101/465/4 & 28/181/1

Lead or not. The Chiefs will not run the ball. Its just not in Andy Reid or Mahomes DNA....
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,420
    Chiefs did NOT just hand Mahomes all that money just for him to handoff to a rookie RB lol
    Brian Westbrook and LeSean McCoy were both 1st rounders in Reid's system
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:

Chiefs did NOT just hand Mahomes all that money just for him to handoff to a rookie RB lol

That's the half a billion dollar factor in this...will they trust him...only fact we know for sure is they trusted him enough to be a 1st round pick....time will tell I guess ..at this point the investment is simply to high for me to participate
    WTCM said:

They certainly were.....
  • sludgejudgesludgejudge Posts: 962
    WTCM said:

Great point. CEH reminds me of Sproles, maybe cause they’re both short lol