fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Who are the Top Win-A-League RBs for 2020?

Dak

XtremeXtreme Posts: 5,144
After Dak turned down a 5-yr $175 million contract, Dallas should move on...where is j.winston?

Comments

• CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,230
    Yeah... crazy. Seems like the agent might be getting greedy. Or maybe not enough was guaranteed... who knows. 🤷‍♂️
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 5,144
    edited May 22
    CoolHand said:

Yeah... crazy. Seems like the agent might be getting greedy. Or maybe not enough was guaranteed... who knows. 🤷‍♂️

Sounded like his agent wants the final year to have more than $45 million value...I can’t believe how much they pay the QBs, even the bad ones and backups (not saying Dak is bad btw)
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,839
    i think dak wants to make it a 4 year contract so he can get another huge contract down the track before he gets too old.
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,873
    I have always been pro player....hold out...get your shit...get it while u can cause it will end quickly..
    But....the numbers being reported that dak has turned down is crazy....crazy....like of it were mahomes I could kinda see it...hell even Lamar I could kinda see it...that dude has the tools to change the position....but dak? Really....
  • GuinnessIsGoodForYouGuinnessIsGoodForYou Posts: 9,306
    edited May 22
    Damn - that’s crazy!! I hope this doesn't turn into holdout situation, he’s my starter in one league and I have Amari Cooper in several.

• HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,346
    He’s not the guy you break the bank for. Their Dalton move is really gonna pay off. Wouldn’t mind seeing them bring in Cam or Jameis and push their chips to the middle of the table daring Dak to hold out.
    edited May 22

He’s not the guy you break the bank for. Their Dalton move is really gonna pay off. Wouldn’t mind seeing them bring in Cam or Jameis and push their chips to the middle of the table daring Dak to hold out.

Yep, agree on the Dalton move. Can totally see Jerry say ‘fine, hold out.... hey Andy, here are the keys!’

I don’t care for Jerry and his antics but it was a very smart signing!!
    I’d love to see them let Dak hold out...
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 5,248
    The Cowboys' latest offer to Dak Prescott would make him the second-highest paid QB annually, per Todd Archer of ESPN.

Analysis: The Cowboys and Prescott continue to work out a long-term extension. The current offer to Prescott guarantees around $110 million, but would fall short of Russell Wilson's $35 million annually. Both sides have till July 15th to work out a deal. Dak would have to play 2020 on the franchise tag if an extension can't get completed. It was reported that Prescott turned down five-year, $175M contract, but that rumor was shot down by the Cowboys. Prescott had a career-year in 2019, throwing for 4,902 yards with a 30:11 TD:INT ratio across 16 games. He is currently third among all quarterbacks in the latest expert consensus rankings.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    edited May 22
    While I know they’re just trying to protect themselves and their future... there is also a truth to the word of Greedy.
    If I'm the general manager am I paying dak the 2nd highest salary to have dak as my quarterback? No way....
  • TheDudeTheDude Posts: 2,314

If I'm the general manager am I paying dak the 2nd highest salary to have dak as my quarterback? No way....

I love what Dak has brought to the team. Statistically, he has performed very well. You can't pay him 25% of your salary cap and keep all of those excellent players he's surrounded with though. It's why the D sucks...

Dak should just do a Cousins and play under the tag. He'll get his money and maybe win a few games along the way.

• SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 2,136
    I agree that the Dalton signing was smart as hell. He's just as capable as Dak of putting up solid production within that offense. I don't dislike Dak, but he's just not a true elite talent, IMO, and not worth the money he's trying to get.
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,327
    Cowboys should walk if he turned that down.

Cowboys should walk if he turned that down.

^Agreed
  • Dalton - yes, brilliant move by Jerry. It took all the leverage away from Dak.

Dak - I agree that he is a solid QB, but he is discounting the fact that he has a solid supporting cast. I think Dalton will have no problem posting very similar numbers in that offense.

Contract - He does NOT deserve to be paid more than Lamar and Mahomes, so having him turn down the 2nd highest contract would make me want to move on from him. I would franchise tag him for this year so that Dalton can get have a year to learn the offense and build rapport with the team, then I would be looking to trade Dak to a QB needy team. They would easily get a mid to high 1st round pick for him.

• GlassJoeGlassJoe Posts: 351
    The league's highest paid QB hasn't won a SB in the 2000s. It cripples your team. Add to that that he can more than make up for it by being the face of the Cowboys in endorsements, and it's incredibly short-sighted, IMHO, for him to ask the set the market. I understand RBs playing hardball because of their shelf life, but he could take a $25m/year contract, make up for that by being the Campbell's Chunky guy (it is NOT Dak were he not the QB of "America's Team"), and surround himself with talent. Jesus, Brady has given everyone the blueprint, and no one is smart enough to follow it. I think I heard Mahomes is happy to give a hometown discount to keep talent around him (love that kid).
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,839
    GlassJoe said:

The league's highest paid QB hasn't won a SB in the 2000s. It cripples your team. Add to that that he can more than make up for it by being the face of the Cowboys in endorsements, and it's incredibly short-sighted, IMHO, for him to ask the set the market. I understand RBs playing hardball because of their shelf life, but he could take a $25m/year contract, make up for that by being the Campbell's Chunky guy (it is NOT Dak were he not the QB of "America's Team"), and surround himself with talent. Jesus, Brady has given everyone the blueprint, and no one is smart enough to follow it. I think I heard Mahomes is happy to give a hometown discount to keep talent around him (love that kid).

brady had the cheats as clients for his tb12 company. who knows how much they paid him through that company. you better believe he was the highest paid qb in the league for the last 10 years.

not sure how the league found that set up legal but the league lets the cheats do whatever they want. always has, always will.

30 million a year for a qb seems plenty
  • GlassJoeGlassJoe Posts: 351
    I'm a Cowboys homer, but this situation infuriates me. It's just so short sighted. There is a reason that the highest paid QB in the league has yet to win a SB in a year that starts with 2 (thanks to Malcolm Butler and Pete Carroll). There's more than the Tom Brady blueprint, though....there's the value that being the Cowboys QB...the face of "America's Team." That, in itself, is worth a ton of money. He's not the Chunky soup guy because of his numbers....it's because where he plays. If the man wants a legacy (that still doesn't cost him a mofo'g thing)....sign a $25m/year contract, surround yourself with talent, go for some rings....rinse and MF'g repeat. Pat Mahomes has already mentioned a hometown discount. I'm guessing he still gets the biggest ever contract, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he signed a very much below market contract to surround himself with studs. He has one ring. He may have two before his rookie deal is up. Dak's legacy will be what?....the man that walked away from maybe the most talented offense in the league to make a mint and flop at a team that he cripples with his contract? That's using your head, buddy.
    GlassJoe said:

I'm a Cowboys homer, but this situation infuriates me. It's just so short sighted. There is a reason that the highest paid QB in the league has yet to win a SB in a year that starts with 2 (thanks to Malcolm Butler and Pete Carroll). There's more than the Tom Brady blueprint, though....there's the value that being the Cowboys QB...the face of "America's Team." That, in itself, is worth a ton of money. He's not the Chunky soup guy because of his numbers....it's because where he plays. If the man wants a legacy (that still doesn't cost him a mofo'g thing)....sign a $25m/year contract, surround yourself with talent, go for some rings....rinse and MF'g repeat. Pat Mahomes has already mentioned a hometown discount. I'm guessing he still gets the biggest ever contract, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he signed a very much below market contract to surround himself with studs. He has one ring. He may have two before his rookie deal is up. Dak's legacy will be what?....the man that walked away from maybe the most talented offense in the league to make a mint and flop at a team that he cripples with his contract? That's using your head, buddy.

Solid post
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 6,045

GlassJoe said:

Solid post
    Yep, When Dak was asked about the home town discount to help with the team like Brady his response was along the lines of he doesn't have a supermodel wife making millions....
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 1,626
    Nice one, Joe.
    U think he would be face of chunky soup if he played for the Titans? Ha ha