fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Who are the Top Win-A-League RBs for 2020?

Ridley vs Tyreek

HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,346
In a $200 salary cap PPR league which do you prefer:

Calvin Ridley $4
Tyreek Hill $36

I currently own Ridley. I have the workings of a deal to acquire Hill for Ridley (along with a couple first round rookie picks, nothing’s set in stone yet). On paper I prefer Tyreek - he’s consistently ranked as a top 5 WR - and Ridley is consistently ranked #17-22. Here’s where you have to look beyond what looks good on paper. At $36 Tyreek costs 9x more than Ridley at $4...but it’ll be nearly impossible that Tyreek will score 9x more points than Ridley. I figure at $4 there’s lots of room for Ridley to outperform his salary and he wouldn’t even have to do much (if he even finished as 15th overall for WRs that would be phenomenal for a $4 guy) but at $36 Tyreek would *need* to have scored at least top 10 numbers. $35 in my league for a top 5 WR is phenomenal value (top WRs go for about $55-$65 in my league).

Just thought it’d be a fun to discuss.

Comments

• TheDudeTheDude Posts: 2,314
    Who would you rather have w/o the salary? Me? Tyreek.

Throw in the salary and Ridley looks like a bargain, except if he doesn't actually help you win in the way Tyreek would. I think you would need to get something substantial back in a trade deal. Rookie 1.01 - 1.03 type substantial.

Give me Tyreek all day long.

• HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,346
    This is why I like the added strategy of salary cap leagues. Because a lesser player at a significantly lower price can be debated to be on par with a better player at a much higher price. There technically is no right or wrong here, it really comes down to team building (ie, the studs and duds approach where your team is top heavy with great players and a bunch of bums on the bench where you have little wiggle room for injury and screwed during bye weeks vs a balanced approach where even your bench has enough talent to out score some teams and won’t be impacted with injury).
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 5,144
    I'd take T.Hill over Ridley all day, even at that salary difference...but it's the "couple first round rookie picks" along with Ridley that would cause me to stick with Ridley and pass on this trade.
    Xtreme said:

I'd take T.Hill over Ridley all day, even at that salary difference...but it's the "couple first round rookie picks" along with Ridley that would cause me to stick with Ridley and pass on this trade.

Right, it’s not a straight Ridley for Tyreek trade. It’d be something like Ridley, the #9 overal pick and 2021 pick. I’d lean heavily towards keeping Ridley. Top 20 WR at $4 is huuuge.
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 5,144

Xtreme said:

Right, it’s not a straight Ridley for Tyreek trade. It’d be something like Ridley, the #9 overal pick and 2021 pick. I’d lean heavily towards keeping Ridley. Top 20 WR at $4 is huuuge.
    I’d give #9 and Ridley for Hill, but not include the 2021 1st.
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,873
    Hill at nearly 20% of your roster or Ridley at 2%...I'd take Ridley at that price

Hill at nearly 20% of your roster or Ridley at 2%...I'd take Ridley at that price

That’s how I’m seeing it also. Sometimes it’s easy to just chase names but when there’s salary involved you have to consider more factors.
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,839
    if it was a straight swap i would be all over the hill side but when they want to involve 1st round picks, it's very easy to pass on high salary players.
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,327
    Take Ridley Side w the budget & pricetags
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,745
    DAX said:

if it was a straight swap i would be all over the hill side but when they want to involve 1st round picks, it's very easy to pass on high salary players.

this for me
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U