fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Who are the Top Win-A-League RBs for 2020?

Rookie Dart Throws

TomTebow55TomTebow55 Posts: 7
I love trying to find value in the less-hyped prospects! Here are some of them I’ve located and are intrigued by. Comment what your takes are on the guys below:

– Bryan Edwards
I think that he fits the prototypical WR1 role for a team, he fits the culture in LV, and I also don’t think Ruggs or any of the guys there are really going to stop him from rising up the depth charts. I do think Renfrow could become a favorite target. What do you think Edwards ceiling is? How long will he take to get there?

– Laviska Shenault
This dude is unreal talented. He was talked about as a first round guy and got knocked down because of injury-history and a bad combine. But watching him play, you have to think that he is talented enough to become a top WR in the league one day? Has A.J. Brown like power / running ability after the catch. I also think Chark is great, but he’s a better deep threat while Viska could be their target hog. What do you think about Shenault’s ceiling?

– Devin Duvernay
I think people are sleeping on Duvernay. I personally think Marquise Brown will be more like Ruggs, where he stretches the field and catches some TDs but will never command a ton of targets. Duvernay seems like he would be Lamar’s best friend: super fast, super strong for his size, and great hands / route-running. I don’t really see a hole in his game? It’s not the best offense for any WR, but I think his ceiling may be pretty high considering all of that. Thoughts?

– A.J. Dillon
What a crazy draft the Packers had! Still trying to make sense of it. I have watched film on Dillon, and while he seems like he has holes in his game (agility, east/west ability, possibly catching), he reminds me of Metcalf last year, but with less hype. He has Nick Chubb-like athleticism and seems like a sneaky smart fundamental player, who has room to grow as a pass-catcher. I also think that GB doesn’t keep Jones next year, they don’t like his work-ethic. I could see Dillon becoming a TD vulture this year, but once Jones is gone next year, I could even possibly see him taking over as the starter, and growing into multiple facets of his game like pass-catching and agility. GB’s run scheme supports some great fantasy success, and I think Dillon could be a match made in heaven. Thoughts?

– Antonio Gibson
Such a wildcard. I don’t know what I think. I’ve heard the CMC comparison, but WAS also has tons of other talented backs (who can catch as well) and their receivers are sneaky good. Don’t know if there’s room for him to have a major role unless he is far superior to all of the other players there. Reminds me a little bit of Kalen Ballage… thoughts?

– Darrynton Evans
I’d probably be all-in on Evans in dynasty if I knew how he would do in the offense… I think he’s talented and has enough talent as a runner to actually be a quality RB in the league (over just a scat back). I think Henry is gone next year, but I just don’t know if TEN is going to want to always have a bruiser like Henry as their main guy. If they’re willing to pivot, I think Evans could be a major RB there next year and beyond. Thoughts?

I know that’s a lot, but looking for your input! Thanks everyone!

Comments

• OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,327
    I like a lot of these guys. Nice write up.

For me the 1st rd steal is Ruggs. Guy is too talented. They will get him the ball A LOT.

2nd Rd is where the deals are @. Aiyuk, Pittman, Shenault.

3rd+ a lot of the guys you have listed & I would add Hamler & Tyler Johnson.
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 5,144
    I'd target H.Ruggs and A.J.Dillon (of course, that's what I did!)
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,346
    Ruggs will get his and has the whole WR corps all to himself. Leviska to me reminds me of a Corey Patterson type. Just an athletic freak who won’t amount to much. I think his ceiling is as a returner. These types of guys get easily replaced, teams don’t build around WRs like him.
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,745
    Welcome aboard @TomTebow55
    Good info.

Love me some beast Dillon.
    Pittman is a guy I'm looking for in drafts.
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 1,626
    CMC comparison was made by Rivera. Could influence his usage...
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 2,080
    Laviska Shenault

Hoping to steak him in my drafts
  • LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 1,067
    edited May 13

Anthony McFarland

Could be, and likely will be nothing. Could also be the Aaron Jones of this class.
    10-team, non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE.
    2020 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Christian McCaffrey, RB Dalvin Cook, RB Ezekiel Elliott, RB, WR Courtland Sutton, WR A.J. Brown, WR D.J. Chark, WR N'Keal Harry, WR Henry Ruggs III
  • Nice job @TomTebow55 and welcome. Ireally like Gibson, Dillon & Shenault.

• IcemanIceman Posts: 6,045
    Welcome aboard @TomTebow55, nice writeup!!!
  • TomTebow55TomTebow55 Posts: 7
    Wow, so much encouragement! You guys rock, thanks for the feedback!

What do you guys think about Swift? There's been so much hype around Kerryon ever since he was drafted, but I feel like Detroit may run Swift as the RB1 and Kerryon as RB2 right away. They also had an improved offense last year before Stafford went down, so I think DET has some sneaky upside to support fantasy players. Swift could be Stafford's Theo Riddick, plus he could be their full-time runner.

Wow, so much encouragement! You guys rock, thanks for the feedback!

What do you guys think about Swift? There's been so much hype around Kerryon ever since he was drafted, but I feel like Detroit may run Swift as the RB1 and Kerryon as RB2 right away. They also had an improved offense last year before Stafford went down, so I think DET has some sneaky upside to support fantasy players. Swift could be Stafford's Theo Riddick, plus he could be their full-time runner.

I love Swift...he could be the best RB from this draft class
  • I like Swift a lot as a talent, he was the clear 1.01 pre-draft. I think you are right about Detroit's offense being undervalued and would love to get Swift if he falls to me at 1.07 (doubt that will happen though).

I like Swift a lot as a talent, he was the clear 1.01 pre-draft. I think you are right about Detroit's offense being undervalued and would love to get Swift if he falls to me at 1.07 (doubt that will happen though).

I can’t see Swift falling that far unless it’s a super flex or 2QB league.
  • XXXQB12XXXQB12 Posts: 271
    Xtreme said:

I like Swift a lot as a talent, he was the clear 1.01 pre-draft. I think you are right about Detroit's offense being undervalued and would love to get Swift if he falls to me at 1.07 (doubt that will happen though).

I can’t see Swift falling that far unless it’s a super flex or 2QB league.
    He went 1-5 and 1-6 in two of my drafts and 1-3 in a super-flex.
    Here's a debate:

Looking at possible 2nd year guys who could breakout, I think two good ones are N'Keal Harry and Diontae Johnson.

N'Keal Harry:
    - Great talent, athletic, not many holes in his game, and draft capitol. Had a rough first season but I think he has the makings of a WR1 for a team, and developing under Belichek may turn him into a beast. Edelman's career is coming to a close, and I think that Harry overtakes him soon. Thoughts?

Diontae Johnson:
    - Wasn't a fan when he got drafted, but throughout the season he proved me wrong. Great route-runner, hard worker, slippery to cover / tackle, and on a team that has historically developed amazing WRs. Bad QB last year and he still was somehow effective, more so than Juju (who may change teams sooner than later). Heard two things about Jeudy in the pre-draft process: "one of the best WRs that has been scouted in the last 10 years", and comparable measureables and college production to who?... Diontae Johnson!!!! I can see the similarities, and I think now might be the time to see Diontae break out for cheap.
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 2,234
    I'm still big on Harry. Holding.
    D3:
    QB—Allen, Big Ben, Fitz, Hodges
    RB—EE, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, JSamuels, Pollard, Boone, Gaskin
    WR—MThomas, Diggs, Chark, Harry, Hardman, Perriman, Butler
    TE—Doyle, Jonnu, Thomas
    PK—Zuerlein
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Stafford, Fitz
    RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Cohen, Howard, Breida, Burkhead, JSamuels, Edmonds
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, Butler, Watson
    TE—Waller, Olsen, Thomas, Kmet, Trautman
    PK—Gostkowski, Prater
    DEF—Rams, Jags
  • LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 1,067

Here's a debate:

Looking at possible 2nd year guys who could breakout, I think two good ones are N'Keal Harry and Diontae Johnson.

N'Keal Harry:
    - Great talent, athletic, not many holes in his game, and draft capitol. Had a rough first season but I think he has the makings of a WR1 for a team, and developing under Belichek may turn him into a beast. Edelman's career is coming to a close, and I think that Harry overtakes him soon. Thoughts?

Diontae Johnson:
    - Wasn't a fan when he got drafted, but throughout the season he proved me wrong. Great route-runner, hard worker, slippery to cover / tackle, and on a team that has historically developed amazing WRs. Bad QB last year and he still was somehow effective, more so than Juju (who may change teams sooner than later). Heard two things about Jeudy in the pre-draft process: "one of the best WRs that has been scouted in the last 10 years", and comparable measureables and college production to who?... Diontae Johnson!!!! I can see the similarities, and I think now might be the time to see Diontae break out for cheap.

I own both. Was downright annoyed at times how much better Johnson looked than Harry, and with turds throwing him the ball from QB at that. I drafted him as a cheap flier, but was skeptical. He proved me wrong, there's more to DJ than I was expecting and I'm cautiously optimistic he has the chance to be a fantasy storyline this fall.

Like Harry too. He won't be confused for the top tier talents at his position, but he has the opportunity to surprise as well, especially with the Pats not adding any reinforcements via the draft.
    10-team, non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE.
    2020 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Christian McCaffrey, RB Dalvin Cook, RB Ezekiel Elliott, RB, WR Courtland Sutton, WR A.J. Brown, WR D.J. Chark, WR N'Keal Harry, WR Henry Ruggs III
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 5,248

I'm still big on Harry. Holding.

Don't yell that from the rooftop, lol. :tongue:
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    Anybody a Jalen Reagor fan? He reminds me of Mecole Hardman, who I have a hard time liking for fantasy (too up-and-down). But I feel like the difference between the two is that Hardman will always be behind Hill with tons of other quality weapons around him, where Reagor might be the guy and can develop into more than just a deep threat. He's fast and explosive, but also has the potential to develop into a good route runner and release guy. I don't see anyone in Philly holding Reagor back from the WR1 on the depth chart
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 6,045

Here's a debate:

N'Keal Harry:

Diontae Johnson:

An owner in one of my dynasty leagues released Johnson yesterday..... was surprised to see, this owner is very expierenced, competitive owner.

Anybody a Jalen Reagor fan? He reminds me of Mecole Hardman, who I have a hard time liking for fantasy (too up-and-down). But I feel like the difference between the two is that Hardman will always be behind Hill with tons of other quality weapons around him, where Reagor might be the guy and can develop into more than just a deep threat. He's fast and explosive, but also has the potential to develop into a good route runner and release guy. I don't see anyone in Philly holding Reagor back from the WR1 on the depth chart

I like Reagor a lot for next football season (great to taxi this year, if you have taxi slots).
  • ray9erdadray9erdad Posts: 414
    Our rookie draft has came and gone... I sit and look at my roster and can't help but to want to tinker with it!
    You guys feel adding a Devin Duvernay or Lynn Bowden type player over any of my : Perriman, Miller, or Lazard ?? Youth is always nice, but I feel like it should be a "decent bench" as is... just dont like seeing Duvernay on waivers mainly!
    10 Team Dynasty, PPR, 2 Flex, 6 pt TD, IDP

MAHOMES, Darnold
    KAMARA, DRAKE, SINGLETARY, Monty, Mostert
    NUK, DIGGS, KUPP, Laviska, Miller, Perriman, Lazard, Duvernay
    WALLER, Irv Smith Jr
    ZANE
    DL) HUNTER
    LB) LITTLETON, WARNER, Wilson
    DB) PEPPERS, John Johnson, Winfield Jr.
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,230
    edited May 15
    ray9erdad said:

Our rookie draft has came and gone... I sit and look at my roster and can't help but to want to tinker with it!
    You guys feel adding a Devin Duvernay or Lynn Bowden type player over any of my : Perriman, Miller, or Lazard ?? Youth is always nice, but I feel like it should be a "decent bench" as is... just dont like seeing Duvernay on waivers mainly!

If that’s Lamar Miller... then yes, try for Duvernay over him

Edit... realize that’s the Wr Miller if it’s the team in signature. Would rather have Anthony Miller over Duvernay if that’s the case
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 4,218
    LocalKine said:

Anthony McFarland

Could be, and likely will be nothing. Could also be the Aaron Jones of this class.

I’ve been drafting and buying McFarland where ever I can. Love this kid, he is very fast 4.45 fast and can catch the ball on the run. For me he is the sleeper no one is talking about and I prefer it that way heading into the season. The value on grabbing him outside the 2nd round is great!

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • ray9erdadray9erdad Posts: 414
    CoolHand said:

ray9erdad said:

If that’s Lamar Miller... then yes, try for Duvernay over him

Edit... realize that’s the Wr Miller if it’s the team in signature. Would rather have Anthony Miller over Duvernay if that’s the case
    Yea, Anthony... probably stay pat... wish we had like 2 or 3 "taxi" spots in this league!
    10 Team Dynasty, PPR, 2 Flex, 6 pt TD, IDP

MAHOMES, Darnold
    KAMARA, DRAKE, SINGLETARY, Monty, Mostert
    NUK, DIGGS, KUPP, Laviska, Miller, Perriman, Lazard, Duvernay
    WALLER, Irv Smith Jr
    ZANE
    DL) HUNTER
    LB) LITTLETON, WARNER, Wilson
    DB) PEPPERS, John Johnson, Winfield Jr.
    swampies said:

LocalKine said:

Anthony McFarland

I’ve been drafting and buying McFarland where ever I can. Love this kid, he is very fast 4.45 fast and can catch the ball on the run. For me he is the sleeper no one is talking about and I prefer it that way heading into the season. The value on grabbing him outside the 2nd round is great!

I heard McFarland had some character issues revealed in the predraft process. Does anyone actually think he can be a 3 down back eventually?
  • McFarland does look electric and could be a nice sleeper to stash away. Thanks for the tip.

• DAXDAX Posts: 1,839
    i see a bit of chris johnson in him.
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 2,136
    I'm not as high on McFarland as some, but for his average price he's totally worth the grab and stash if you've got the roster space.