fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

I have the BEST 2020 Mock Draft right here for ya! Get some!

Todd Gurley signs with Falcons

Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 3,005
1 year contract. Dont know details of it. If its incentive based I like the signing
Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on.
Current Champion of the Sleeper U Fantasy Playoff Challenge.

Comments

• Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 3,005
    Gurley played for Georgia Bulldogs for 3 years so its a popular signing to help get fans in the seats. On paper Falcons have a scary good offense if Gurley is even half of what he was. Hopefully Gurley has something to prove and wants to use this year to get a larger contract next season.

Its a great fit for Gurley in this offense. I'm a Falcons fan and crossing my fingers. Matt Ryan, Todd Gurley, Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Hayden Hurst. Thats a good offense on paper.
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,752
    yes, he didn't go to the whiners or seagulls.

i can still like him.
    NFC South might be the best division in football this year. Brady, Brees, Ryan, Bridgewater.
    Its a 1 year contract for 5 million. As a Falcons fan and at that price I like the signing. Fact its just a 1 year deal their is no harm if be stinks. But if he returns close to his old form.... watch out in this offense
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,752

Its a 1 year contract for 5 million. As a Falcons fan and at that price I like the signing. Fact its just a 1 year deal their is no harm if be stinks. But if he returns close to his old form.... watch out in this offense

the rams already paid him $7.5m this year. then cut him. so for gurley he's making $12.5m this year.
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 12,082
    Well they have a RBBC already in place. I can see him duplicating Freeman numbers from last year.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 2,105
    Falcons signed Todd Gurley, formerly of the Rams, to a one-year, $5 million contract.

The deal is contingent on the 25-year-old eventually passing his physical with the team. The Falcons were in the mix for Gurley before the Rams outright released him, so it's no surprise he ends up back in Georgia where he played collegiate ball. From a sheer volume standpoint, the former Offensive Player of the Year could not have asked for a better situation as Devonta Freeman's release vacated 184 carries with negligible surrounding competition for Gurley to hit the ground running. The Falcons are still expected to add a running back in April's draft.

RELATED: Los Angeles Rams
    SOURCE: Atlanta Falcons on Twitter
    Mar 20, 2020, 8:39 AM ET
    D3:
    QB—Allen, Big Ben, Fitz, Hodges
    RB—EE, Cohen, Henry, JSamuels, Pollard, Mostert
    WR—MThomas, Diggs, Chark, Harry, Hardman, Perriman, Butler, Amendola
    TE—Witten, Doyle, Jonnu, Thomas
    PK—Zuerlein
    DEF—Ravens, Jags

D4:
    QB—Watson, Winston, Fitz
    RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, JJackson, Edmonds
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, Butler, Watson
    TE—Waller, Olsen, Thomas, Gesicki,
    PK—Gostkowski, Prater
    DEF—Rams, Jags
    Assuming Todd Gurley is healthy. Falcons are projected to start 10 former 1st round draft picks on offense.
    Here's a look at those 10 starters:

Matt Ryan (QB): Ryan was drafted by the Falcons third overall in 2008 out of Boston College. The 34-year-old has a 109-80 record in 12 seasons with the Falcons and has thrown over 51,186 yards and 321 touchdowns in his career. He's made four Pro Bowl and one Super Bowl appearance — a heartbreaking 34-28 loss to the New England Patriots in 2016.
    Todd Gurley (RB): Gurley was drafted by the Los Angeles Rams 10th overall in 2015. In 73 games he has racked up 5,404 yards with 58 touchdowns and was key to the success of the Rams' recent success.
    Hayden Hurst (TE): Hurst was drafted 25th overall by the Baltimore Ravens in 2018. In 28 games he has 43 receptions for 512 yards and three touchdowns.
    Julio Jones (WR): Jones was drafted by the Falcons sixth overall in 2011 and has become one of the best wide receivers in football. In 126 games he has 797 receptions for 12,125 yards and 57 touchdowns.
    Jake Matthews (LT): Matthews was drafted sixth overall in 2014 by the Falcons. He was selected to the 2018 Pro Bowl and has been a vital part of Atlanta's offensive line.
    Calvin Ridley (WR): Ridley was drafted 26th overall by the Falcons in 2018, one pick behind Hurst. In 29 games Ridley has 127 receptions for 1,687 yards and 17 touchdowns. While Jones is the Falcons primary receiver, Ridley is turning into a reliable outlet for Ryan.
    Chris Lindstrom (RG): Lindstrom was drafted by the Falcons 14th overall in 2019. The rookie played five games in 2019 and is set to get more playing time for Atlanta in 2020.
    Kaleb McGary (RT): McGary was drafted 31st overall in 2019. The 25-year-old played all 16 games last season and even had a reception, although it went for minus-3 yards. McGary is set to start on Atlanta's offensive line and will be key to Gurley flourishing with the Falcons.
    James Carpenter (LG): Carpenter was drafted 25th overall by the Seahawks in 2011. He's one of the most experienced players on the Falcons' offensive line and has played 114 NFL games. He'll play a vital role in helping McGary and Lindstrom flourish on the line.
    Alex Mack (C): Mack was drafted by the Cleveland Browns 21st overall in 2009. He has played 165 games and is one of the most gifted centers in the league with six Pro Bowls under his belt.

I cant recall a team having that many starters that are former 1st round picks starting... 10 of the 11
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,281
    I’m liking Hurst a lot in this offense.
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,082

Kind of why I debated on even trading for Kittle... thought of drafting Hurst with my 1.07 pick but ended up taking the offer.

Agree 100% He should thrive
  • That’s a crazy stat!! I would have expected the Bengals or Browns to hold that record of most 1st rounders.

• farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,747
    I could he in the minority....I see a big year for gurley. ..1400 total yards and 12 tds...just a hunch they run the boy
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 1,564
    He's home again, and motivated. This offense will take the pressure off him to be all-everything, and let him be a piece of something.
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,747

He's home again, and motivated. This offense will take the pressure off him to be all-everything, and let him be a piece of something.

My thinking as well...they haven't had a big rb like him in a bit...if he can play 16 games dudes gonna ball
  • That'a a very big "IF".

Well Gurley's numbers last year came in the red zone. Somewhere that the Falcons did poorly. I can see him repeating last years numbers at least. I would be okay if he was my RB2, thrilled to have him as my RB3.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • WTCM said:

I would be okay if he was my RB2, thrilled to have him as my RB3.

That’s about where I have him as well.

• LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 1,049

That'a a very big "IF".

Is it? Fewest games he's ever finished in a season is 13 (his rookie season).
    10-team, non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE.
    2020 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Christian McCaffrey, RB Dalvin Cook, RB Ezekiel Elliott, RB Darrell Henderson, WR Mike Evans, WR Courtland Sutton, WR D.J. Chark, WR N'Keal Harry, WR Diontae Johnson
    There’s a big “if” for any RB, or any player. Comes with the territory.
  • LocalKine said:

That'a a very big "IF".

Is it? Fewest games he's ever finished in a season is 13 (his rookie season).

There’s a big “if” for any RB, or any player. Comes with the territory.

But hasn’t he already been dealing with knee issues?

I don’t think anyone is depending on Gurley as their RB1 anymore. If he’s sitting on your bench then I don’t see the risk.
  • LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 1,049
    edited March 23

But hasn’t he already been dealing with knee issues?

That's what's been reported, but Gurley hasn't actually missed a bunch of time due to the knee. He obviously wasn't vintage TG last fall, but the Rams OL (ranked 31st according to PFF) was dreadful (not the first time TG has looked blah behind a bad OL). He's a risk, for sure, just saying that as of now...there isn't any evidence of him being held back by anything other than an OL that can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

For all the hysteria surrounding his knee, his biggest setback last season was constantly being hit in the backfield 0.5 second after receiving the ball.
    10-team, non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE.
    2020 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Christian McCaffrey, RB Dalvin Cook, RB Ezekiel Elliott, RB Darrell Henderson, WR Mike Evans, WR Courtland Sutton, WR D.J. Chark, WR N'Keal Harry, WR Diontae Johnson
  • 👍

After hearing he had been diagnosed with arthritis in the knee, I thought his career was over. He shocked a great deal of us with the numbers he posted behind a very weak line.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this: