Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

Moderators

RabidBucFan
Swampies
Whos_Ur_Doggie
Smitty
fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

The NEW SleeperU.com is here... Check it out!

🦠Smitty on Corona..🦠

Comments

• swampiesswampies Posts: 4,861
    edited December 2020
    Smitty said:

All the high schools are going virtual in my area... the lockdown is happening again ugh

Same here in NJ for the past 2 weeks,
    My kids eat non stop while I get poorer
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 13,397
    swampies said:

Smitty said:

All the high schools are going virtual in my area... the lockdown is happening again ugh

Same here in NJ for the past 2 weeks,
    My kids eat non stop while I get poorer
    I know its not funny, but yeah I hear ya. Eating machines
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 5,454
    edited December 2020
    Smitty said:

California is getting shut down in the next 48 hours for three weeks at a minimum. Our Governor loves to try and control us. His time is coming to an end hopefully!!
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 2,507
    Things have honestly not changed at all here in eastern GA. My wife said she noticed no difference while I was gone in Europe, and I haven't seen anything out of the norm (short of masks here and there) compared to pre-virus since being home.
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 9,491
    Glad to hear @SMFFCN ... glad it is not worse that is.

AZ is gonna keep spiking.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    edited December 2020
    SMFFCN said:

Things have honestly not changed at all here in eastern GA. My wife said she noticed no difference while I was gone in Europe, and I haven't seen anything out of the norm (short of masks here and there) compared to pre-virus since being home.

How are they treating it in the military @SMFFCN , like are they treating it like your troop is family and you do not need to where a mask around them?
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 2,507
    edited December 2020
    swampies said:

SMFFCN said:

How are they treating it in the military @SMFFCN , like are they treating it like your troop is family and you do not need to where a mask around them?
    @swampies No, they're being pretty strict about it. Heavily enforcing 6 feet, split shifts to reduce personnel in the area, masks at all times regardless of location. Obviously there are situations where this can't be applied. For example, I fly Blackhawks and theres absolutely no way to distance in the cockpit or wear a mask while trying to communicate over radios (also, the material would have to be flame retardant).
    Matthew Berry had covid now. Thank goodness he sounds like he's having mild symptoms.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • Closest call I had was last week when my personal trainer’s fiancé tested positive. Just got my whole family’s negative test results today but I was tempted to say that I was positive so that I could quarantine away from the kids for 14 days!

Closest call I had was last week when my personal trainer’s fiancé tested positive. Just got my whole family’s negative test results today but I was tempted to say that I was positive so that I could quarantine away from the kids for 14 days!

🙏glad you’re safe
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com

I dunno if sick or partial hangover. Maybe a little of both. Someone in my house has strip throat and covid results be here tomorrow.... but.... 7 hours of commercial free football starts now!

Ment this in week 14 thread. Put a check mark in the I'm sick box lol
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 4,847
    edited December 2020
    swampies said:

I dunno if sick or partial hangover. Maybe a little of both. Someone in my house has strip throat and covid results be here tomorrow.... but.... 7 hours of commercial free football starts now!

It's showing my post up above as Swampies posting it.... that is weird.
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on.
    Current Champion of the SleeperU Fantasy Playoff Challenge.

swampies said:

Same person perhaps? Split personalities? Hmm
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • I'm calling both of you "Swampie_Snacks" from now on!

• Haha
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on.
    Current Champion of the SleeperU Fantasy Playoff Challenge.

swampies said:

I saw you had post in the wrong thread so I cut and pasted it.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    edited December 2020
    Montreal, QC Canada officially going back on lock down on the 17th of December till January 11th. This is depressing.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

Montreal, QC Canada officially going back on lock down on the 17th of December till January 11th. This is depressing.

Welcome to our life now in the tri state area
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 5,454
    edited December 2020
    WTCM said:

That sucks! Does Newsom run things in Canada too? :tongue:
    SleeperU Forum Moderator

WTCM said:

Gavin Newsom? Nah, far from it
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Colorado has been on lock-down for 2nd time for about 3-weeks now. Kids are online home-schooling it. Going back to in-school Jan 11th.
    Restaurants can’t serve food/drinks indoors. Only on outdoor patios.
    The virus has been all over too. I know a lot of people who have had it. 3 guys from a construction group got it for the 2nd time.
    A framer from my crew lost his mother who was 73 & a framer from another crew died @49. Hopefully the vaccine kicks in soon.

Gavin Newsome always reminds me of Bruce Wayne......?
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,714
    Here in PA, Gov Wolf has tried to limit capacity and said no indoor dining but many restaurants are saying screw it and staying open in my area. One restaurant in a neighboring county took it to court and won which I believe is paving the way for other restaurants to do this.
  • WTCM said:

WTCM said:

I was joking, lol.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator

WTCM said:

WTCM said:

I was joking, lol.
    I know. Tbh, u have to look up who Newsome was. Figured he might be some Southpark character. Haha
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

Damn, sorry man.
    CoolHand said:

Here in PA, Gov Wolf has tried to limit capacity and said no indoor dining but many restaurants are saying screw it and staying open in my area. One restaurant in a neighboring county took it to court and won which I believe is paving the way for other restaurants to do this.

Dang.

Colorado has been on lock-down for 2nd time for about 3-weeks now. Kids are online home-schooling it. Going back to in-school Jan 11th.
    Restaurants can’t serve food/drinks indoors. Only on outdoor patios.
    The virus has been all over too. I know a lot of people who have had it. 3 guys from a construction group got it for the 2nd time.
    A framer from my crew lost his mother who was 73 & a framer from another crew died @49. Hopefully the vaccine kicks in soon.

Gavin Newsome always reminds me of Bruce Wayne......?

Double Dang.
    swampies said:

WTCM said:

Welcome to our life now in the tri state area
    Triple dog Dang
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    AZ is supposed to be one of the hot spots but you can still dine over here lol,
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • the_FULL_effectthe_FULL_effect Posts: 2,124
    Smitty said:

AZ is supposed to be one of the hot spots but you can still dine over here lol,

I saw that it was THE hotspot in the world. But according to my Facebook feed the government is imposing a fascist dictatorial policy to suppress its citizens.
    Our lockdown has been extended till Feb 8th. We now have a curfew in place, all citizens must be at home by 8pm.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,714
    WTCM said:

Our lockdown has been extended till Feb 8th. We now have a curfew in place, all citizens must be at home by 8pm.

What if your kid wakes up with a fever at 8:30 and you have to get some medicine?
    CoolHand said:

WTCM said:

What if your kid wakes up with a fever at 8:30 and you have to get some medicine?
    Those are extreme exceptions that would be allowed. Also walking you dog is permitted, however within a 1 km radius from your home. Essential workers who work the midnight shift, or other humanitarian reasons.

Those who break curfew without a valid reason will risk a fine of $1,000 to $6,000, depending on the situation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/what-is-and-isnt-allowed-under-quebecs-new-covid-19-lockdown-rules/wcm/ac459b8f-608c-4fd6-9160-7c5443365606/amp/
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this: