Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

Moderators

RabidBucFan
Swampies
Whos_Ur_Doggie
Smitty
fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Regular Content is here... starting with this new Bold Prediction. Get some!

🦠Smitty on Corona..🦠

Comments

• swampiesswampies Posts: 4,354
    Garrett had a heat stroke the anther day but now the school wants him to have the COVID-19 test in order to be on school grounds again. I said you guys know the difference right? Nope
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,377
    edited September 11
    swampies said:

Garrett had a heat stroke the anther day but now the school wants him to have the COVID-19 test in order to be on school grounds again. I said you guys know the difference right? Nope

That’s ridiculous.... it’s not COVID related... I would not do that if it was my kid.

Is he doing okay?
    CoolHand said:

swampies said:

That’s ridiculous.... it’s not COVID related... I would not do that if it was my kid.

Is he doing okay?
    I even had paperwork to give to the coach and the Security guard wouldn’t even take it. They were treating me like I had covid. Needless to say I was fuming! I’ve been dealing with this since March on the frontline and this school is treating it like they know nothing about it! Ridiculous
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    He is still not a 100% but better thanks for asking @CoolHand
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • sludgejudgesludgejudge Posts: 1,009
    Damn swamps that sucks....I hope Garrett recovers quickly. I’m not a healthcare professional, but if
    he had heat stroke and went to the hospital or his doctor to get diagnosed. Wouldn’t they have done a covid test just for precautions? It’s a simple test and u can get results within 15 minutes now. We had a coworker test positive for covid and there were about 5 guys who were in close contact with him, me included. We were sent home and all couldn’t come back without a negative test result. It was pretty simple and I got my (negative) result the next day. Might just be easier to go for the test and shove his negative result right in their faces... good luck in whatever you decide, the main thing is Garrett getting his health back in order as he recovers from heat stroke.

Damn swamps that sucks....I hope Garrett recovers quickly. I’m not a healthcare professional, but if
    he had heat stroke and went to the hospital or his doctor to get diagnosed. Wouldn’t they have done a covid test just for precautions? It’s a simple test and u can get results within 15 minutes now. We had a coworker test positive for covid and there were about 5 guys who were in close contact with him, me included. We were sent home and all couldn’t come back without a negative test result. It was pretty simple and I got my (negative) result the next day. Might just be easier to go for the test and shove his negative result right in their faces... good luck in whatever you decide, the main thing is Garrett getting his health back in order as he recovers from heat stroke.

The fact their over cautious is a understatement when I told the doctor they laughed saying that’s not how you can get COVID and he didn’t have the symptoms to warrant a test like you said. The fact they put him in a large room with a plastic square off space in the center of that room with a single chair that was taped off in a 6’ space and telling don’t touch anything while a adult watch him while he sat there is ridiculous. He said he felt he was in a timeout and like he was five years old. Today I’m finally calming down. Man did they get me to the point where I needed anger management lol, which as you guys know I’m very calm. I’m very patient and I have a long fuse but it comes with a big bomb unfortunately. I find out the results in Monday but I know the results already which kills me. And @sludgejudge I will throw in their face bet on that!
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    swampies said:

The fact their over cautious is a understatement when I told the doctor they laughed saying that’s not how you can get COVID and he didn’t have the symptoms to warrant a test like you said. The fact they put him in a large room with a plastic square off space in the center of that room with a single chair that was taped off in a 6’ space and telling don’t touch anything while a adult watch him while he sat there is ridiculous. He said he felt he was in a timeout and like he was five years old. Today I’m finally calming down. Man did they get me to the point where I needed anger management lol, which as you guys know I’m very calm. I’m very patient and I have a long fuse but it comes with a big bomb unfortunately. I find out the results in Monday but I know the results already which kills me. And @sludgejudge I will throw in their face bet on that!
    At that point I would go straight to the superintendent and if no satisfaction there, then the school board!! Completely ridiculous imo
  • georgegeorge Posts: 525
    I wish Garrett and you the best. It's always tough when our loved ones are not treated right.
    The worst thing is today is the team photo shoot ☹️
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 2,037
    After having gone through it what I have learned is that even though u may get a negative hit for covid that doesn't necessarily mean your clear....it means u were clear at that moment...for this reason its why they 14 day u when u have been in close contact with someone who hit hot....the 14 days is the magic number cause irregardless of what your initial test says the 14 days will push it to the surface if u got it...
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 12,473
    I hope Garrett is doing well @swampies. Last Monday i slept with the fan on, i woke up with slight nose congestion. I informed my boss, he then texted me back to go get tested for Covid.

I took the day off to go to a walk in covid clinic. The line was 160 plus people. Took 4 hours in line. But i finally got that 5 inch q-tip slide up my nostril for 10 long seconds. But i came out negative. Long ordeal, but peace of mind for my fellow coworkers and family.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Get this the lab lost his COVID test!! So he now has to do this all over again
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • swampies said:

Now there's a real confidence builder. Good job lab personnel

10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Stafford, Minshew, Herbert / RB - Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D.Cook, Mattison, Pollard, Latavius Murray, Eno Benjamin
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, Lamb, Claypool / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Elliott
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold / RB - A.Jones, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, Dillon, JamaalWilliams, D.Harris, R.Armstead, Benjamin
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Perriman, Boykin, Westbrook, / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Dissly
    DST - Steelers, Buccaneers / K - Lutz
  • swampies said:

Ridiculous!!
    SleeperU Forum Moderator

swampies said:

Ridiculous!!
    Missing another day of practice on top of it!
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 12,473
    Awful. That's very unprofessional. I took the test, quite uncomfortable. Thankfully he's a tough son of a gun.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    swampies said:

It’s been how long now and no symptoms?! That group of coaches/admin is ridiculous imo
    CoolHand said:

swampies said:

It’s been how long now and no symptoms?! That group of coaches/admin is ridiculous imo
    Since last Wednesday
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    edited September 16
    Garrett keeps telling me just calm down dad don’t go off on everyone lol
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    swampies said:

Garrett keeps telling me just calm down dad don’t go off on everyone lol

My oldest would be telling me that too 😂
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 2,037
    swampies said:

Beginning to sound like a Nicholas cage movie....ha ha

swampies said:

Ridiculous!!
    Totally ridiculous
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 6,564
    edited September 17
    OMG... look at how young Betty White was, who BTW was married to Alan Luden
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Stafford, Minshew, Herbert / RB - Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D.Cook, Mattison, Pollard, Latavius Murray, Eno Benjamin
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, Lamb, Claypool / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold / RB - A.Jones, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, Dillon, JamaalWilliams, D.Harris, R.Armstead, Benjamin
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Perriman, Boykin, Westbrook, / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Dissly
    Got the green light today for Garrett! He is now at practice and his coach is excited!!! Thank God!!
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • YAY!!!
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 6,566
    Congrats!!!
    swampies said:

Got the green light today for Garrett! He is now at practice and his coach is excited!!! Thank God!!

Should have been a lot sooner but that’s great news for the day!! (Kind of like how things are progressing here in PA... should be quicker, no reason why parents can’t watch their kids play!!)
  • Nice @swampies
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on.
    Current Champion of the SleeperU Fantasy Playoff Challenge.
    He was practicing with just a helmet today while everyone else was in full pads. He said he took about four helmet hits in the gut until his trainer said that’s it.

And a junior who practicing with the ones for the first time was talking smack with him. He laughed saying your only here because I’m not in full pads! Lol and when I’m in full pads let’s see who talk smack then. I love it!
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA