fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

I have the BEST 2020 Mock Draft right here for ya! Get some!

2020 NFL Combine thread 🏈

swampiesswampies Posts: 4,154
image8-A744-AEB-1-D0-C-4-FFB-BA86-AB10-E35-CBF38" alt="" />
(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
SleeperU Forum Moderator
USA

Comments

• Love it! Can’t wait.
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 2,105
    Thanks!
    D3:
    QB—Allen, Big Ben, Fitz, Hodges
    RB—EE, Cohen, Henry, JSamuels, Pollard, Mostert
    WR—MThomas, Diggs, Chark, Harry, Hardman, Perriman, Butler, Amendola
    TE—Witten, Doyle, Jonnu, Thomas
    PK—Zuerlein
    DEF—Ravens, Jags

D4:
    QB—Watson, Winston, Fitz
    RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, JJackson, Edmonds
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, Butler, Watson
    TE—Waller, Olsen, Thomas, Gesicki,
    PK—Gostkowski, Prater
    DEF—Rams, Jags
    so...anything?
    D3:
    PK—Zuerlein
    DEF—Ravens, Jags

D4:
    QB—Watson, Winston, Fitz
    PK—Gostkowski, Prater
    DEF—Rams, Jags
  • On field starts in 30 mins.

All I’ve heard is Burrow has Trump hands. 9”
  • Peeped in and saw the TE catch down the line. Trautman, Adam & Wood-Anderson, Dom looked good

On field starts in 30 mins.

All I’ve heard is Burrow has Trump hands. 9”

LOL thanks!
    D3:
    PK—Zuerlein
    DEF—Ravens, Jags

D4:
    QB—Watson, Winston, Fitz
    PK—Gostkowski, Prater
    DEF—Rams, Jags
    Thoughts?
    D3:
    PK—Zuerlein
    DEF—Ravens, Jags

D4:
    QB—Watson, Winston, Fitz
    PK—Gostkowski, Prater
    DEF—Rams, Jags
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 4,154
    TE I like Dalton Keene from VT, big boy with great hands
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • Justin Jefferson ran 4.44. I think this insures that he will go in the 1st Rd. Jumps him to top of Tier2 wr's. Ruggs had the fastest time easily.

The Wr's this year are super deep. DEEP DEEP
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,281
    Begs the question if i should bother keeping N’Keal or cut bait and go with one of these speedy shiny new rookie WRs. I currently have a Sony Michel and Harry and I’m just not liking having to worry about how Belichick will use them. Only thing keeping me from trading Sony would be the fact that he’d be my RB5, if not RB6 and he only costs me $4.50 out of $200 salary cap. I’m penciling in Harry as my WR5. These just aren’t guys I plan on depending on so that’s the only thing keeping them on my team. 2nd year WRs are typically more useful than rookie WRs.
    Also have Hollywood Brown. I like him but he doesn’t seem to have the body type that screams WR1. Shorter WRs are not factors in the red zone. His upside is capped. Plus he seems to having nagging foot injuries. He’s already having offseason surgery on his feet. He’d be my WR4 so again I wouldn’t be depending on him week to week but those elite WR stats don’t seem to be likely for him. I’d love to be wrong but a short skinny guy who constantly has foot issues isn’t gonna turn into Michael Thomas any time soon.
  • footballchixfootballchix Posts: 869
    edited February 28
    I did some homework on some players this morning. Thanks to the combine, A few players jumped out at me to land in my 2nd round mock.

Denzel Mims
    Trautman, Adam
    Donovan Peoples-Jones

edited February 28
    Do you mean 2nd round of your rookie draft? It’s fine to rank those players as “2nd round talent” but those names at the end of the day are nobodies compared to the Jeudy’s and Lamb’s of the world. They’re fliers. They’ll be available long after the 2nd round of your rookie draft so no need to reach for them. I have 3 rounds in my rookie draft and that’s when I’d think about throwing darts and lottery scratch offs. The reality is most of these rookie WRs not taken in the 1st/2nd round of the NFL draft are not gonna pan out and will be out of the league within 3 years.

Do you mean 2nd round of your rookie draft? It’s fine to rank those players as “2nd round talent” but those names at the end of the day are nobodies compared to the Jeudy’s and Lamb’s of the world. They’re fliers. They’ll be available long after the 2nd round of your rookie draft so no need to reach for them. I have 3 rounds in my rookie draft and that’s when I’d think about throwing darts and lottery scratch offs. The reality is most of these rookie WRs not taken in the 1st/2nd round of the NFL draft are not gonna pan out and will be out of the league within 3 years.

I think JJ is going to creep into the first round of the rookie drafts for SURE.
    D3:
    PK—Zuerlein
    DEF—Ravens, Jags

D4:
    QB—Watson, Winston, Fitz
    PK—Gostkowski, Prater
    DEF—Rams, Jags
  • Well Denzel Mims is going to be a 2nd or 3rd rounder in the real NFL draft. So he is definitely on my radar.

There are 20-25 legit wr’s
  • @HellAtlantic yes my 2nd round rookie mock rankings. Not the real draft.
    Trautman is going in the 1st or 2nd round in the real draft . Best TE in the class. Especially if he increase his 40 time and pro day.
    Mims Probably going 2-3. People’s Jones 3-4 round.

• Mims was best WR at Senior bowl practices. Now posts impressive numbers at combine
    Trautman was best TE at Senior Bowl practices. Now impressive 3 cone and 20 yd shuttle

Both moving up NFL draft boards and likely 2nd round Dynasty picks.
  • Just went through some of the QB's
    Herbert and Jalen Hurts looked ok. I would go after Hurts in round 3.

I didn’t see Trautman’s combine so I’m going off of everyone’s review, but if he performed as good as you all say I’m wondering if I can trade one of Gesicki or Njoku. The only thing that’s stopping me is it takes TEs a few years to be useful and those two are much further along than a rookie TE would be. Gesicki started to show promise last year and I have a unique valuation system where if a guy has a bad year and then there’s a coaching change I have to assume that coaching change will be for the better so I’m anticipating Njoku has a much better season in 2020 (if I’m to believe my valuation system).
    RBs are up next in combine. Good luck to everyone who has a first round rookie pick (I have 4), this is where drafts are made right now.

Getting early love is Clyde Edwards Helaire. Surprisingly Jonathan Taylor is ranked lower than him.

Good luck fellas.
  • Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 3,005
    Punter Michael Turk with those bench presses!
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on.
    Current Champion of the Sleeper U Fantasy Playoff Challenge.
  • ScorpScorp Posts: 389
    edited February 29

RBs are up next in combine. Good luck to everyone who has a first round rookie pick (I have 4), this is where drafts are made right now.

Getting early love is Clyde Edwards Helaire. Surprisingly Jonathan Taylor is ranked lower than him.

Good luck fellas.

I agree with this, only because the LSU QB could be a bust with talent like that on the field. Rookie QB's are often pretty scary to draft in Fantasy Football, especially in the first round. I got lucky with Mahommes in the 4th round, but only because a kid who actually watches college football tipped me off.
    Disfunctional Maniac
    Jonathan Taylor ran a 4.41, fastest for a RB in the draft. It’s Swift and JT as the top 2 backs so far, with Dobbins up next in his pro day. So exciting.
  • ScorpScorp Posts: 389

Well Denzel Mims is going to be a 2nd or 3rd rounder in the real NFL draft. So he is definitely on my radar.

There are 20-25 legit wr’s

Definately be aware and leary of a Baylor player. Sorry, but ever since Griffen busted, I'm leary.
    Disfunctional Maniac
    Outside of Jeudy and Lamb it’s a crapshoot anyway as far as WR goes. It’s a very deep draft and it’s like throwing a dart which WRs not named Jeudy/Lamb will pan out.
  • Looked at a few RB's. Dillon I have heard of him but not Bellamy. LeVante Bellamy & A.J. DILLON impressed.

• Outside of Jeudy and Lamb it’s a crapshoot anyway as far as WR goes. It’s a very deep draft and it’s like throwing a dart which WRs not named Jeudy/Lamb will pan out.

That’s exactly why I sold my 1.07 and 1.11.

• rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,693

Looked at a few RB's. Dillon I have heard of him but not Bellamy. LeVante Bellamy & A.J. DILLON impressed.

AJ Dillon is a beast.
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 4,154
    I have to say I love the changes they made in the combine. More playing related exercises
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    I’m starting to think I should consider another of these rookie WRs with one of my two late first round rookie picks (9 and 10. Also have 3 and 4 and I’m projecting to be able to get Jeudy or Lamb with one of those picks along with one of the top 3 stud RBs). I would have too many WRs at that point so I’m now considering packaging Hollywood Brown (who i don’t project as ever being a 100 catch guy) and N’Keal together for an upgrade or maybe a 2021 1st round rookie pick. Hollywood Brown is starting to remind me more of a Tavon Austin type whereas I was projecting him more of a Steve Smith or optimistically a Tyreek Hill type. N’Keal hasn’t shown much in his limited gameplay.