fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Regular Content is here... starting with this new Bold Prediction. Get some!

2020 Offseason Moves

Comments

• WTCMWTCM Posts: 12,295

Is Green Bay going to change their name because of outrage from the gay community next?

I knew it!
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 1,689
    The Orgasmic Bay Packers?
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,386
    The GreenBowl Packers. Or just the Shi_Packers
    Vikings finalizing multi-year contract extension with HC Mike Zimmer.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 6,123

Jets trade Jamal Adams to Seahawks
    Posted by Michael David Smith on July 25, 2020, 4:14 PM EDT
    Getty Images

Jamal Adams wanted out, and he got his wish. And the Jets got a big haul of draft picks for him.

The Jets have traded Adams, the disgruntled Pro Bowl safety, to the Seahawks for a package that includes two first-round draft picks.

The full details of the trade: Adams and a 2022 fourth-round draft pick go to Seattle, while a 2021 first-round pick, a 2021 third-round pick, a 2022 first-round pick and safety Bradley McDougald go to New York.

For the Seahawks, the headline of the deal is they’ve just acquired one of the league’s most talented defensive players. For the Jets, the headline is that they’ve just gotten rid of one of the league’s most disgruntled players — and acquired more for him than most people thought they would.
  • Wow - great trade for both sides!

Jets finally win a trade..
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • WTCM said:

Don’t worry, they will likely “butt-fumble” the pick and draft an injured kicker in the 1st. 😂

• CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,302

WTCM said:

Don’t worry, they will likely “butt-fumble” the pick and draft an injured kicker in the 1st. 😂
    Haha!! Can’t wait to see if this prediction comes true 🤣
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,438
    Jets should trade those first round picks for Lamb. It’s not like the Cowboys really wanted Lamb he just fell into their laps and he was BPA. They could trade the two first rounders for Lamb who’d be Darnold’s #1 WR for the next 10 yrs, along with Mims as the #2 WR. They act like Darnold is always gonna be on his rookie deal, plus they’re always in a perpetual rebuild and it’s not like they hit on every first round pick anyway. Might as well trade the picks for a sure thing. Cowboys won’t be able to give him consistent targets for the next few yrs anyway.
  • That’s not a bad idea @HellAtlantic

• SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 2,193

Jets should trade those first round picks for Lamb. It’s not like the Cowboys really wanted Lamb he just fell into their laps and he was BPA. They could trade the two first rounders for Lamb who’d be Darnold’s #1 WR for the next 10 yrs, along with Mims as the #2 WR. They act like Darnold is always gonna be on his rookie deal, plus they’re always in a perpetual rebuild and it’s not like they hit on every first round pick anyway. Might as well trade the picks for a sure thing. Cowboys won’t be able to give him consistent targets for the next few yrs anyway.

This could actually make a lot of sense. The only problem is Lamb isn't a sure thing, at least not yet (I'm sure he will be).
    Y'all got no faith in Breshard Perriman? lol
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 1,689
    If the Cowboys trade their best WR to the greenies, I will stop watching football.
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,438
    edited July 27

If the Cowboys trade their best WR to the greenies, I will stop watching football.

Then they should’ve waited until after the draft to determine whether to extend Amari. Can’t invest that much in a receiver only to draft an equally capable (as far as we can tell) rookie replacement.

Also keep in mind this was just an idea from me, I’m pretty positive the Jets will keep those picks and do what they’ve always done which is swing and miss on those picks and if those players do pan out will trade them rather than giving them an extension. So funny how they pay a 27 yr old RB that huge contract and pass on a much younger Adams that would’ve been with the team 5 yrs from now. They rinse and repeat more often than my washing machine.
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 5,282
    WTCM said:

I disagree with you on this. Adams will be a difference maker in that Seahawks defense.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator

WTCM said:

I disagree with you on this. Adams will be a difference maker in that Seahawks defense.
    While Adams is definitely a difference maker. The true question is, is Adams worth he two 1st's?
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 5,282
    WTCM said:

WTCM said:

While Adams is definitely a difference maker. The true question is, is Adams worth he two 1st's?
    I view those two first round picks as fairly late in 2021 and 2022 and Adams was a 6th overall pick in 2017. Probably what it would have taken to move up to that spot in 2017. Just saying......
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • wh0urdadywh0urdady Posts: 3,473

WTCM said:

WTCM said:

I view those two first round picks as fairly late in 2021 and 2022 and Adams was a 6th overall pick in 2017. Probably what it would have taken to move up to that spot in 2017. Just saying......
    yea, but he also wasn't resigning in NY...I think it was good value. Jets weren't going anywhere anyway.
    QB: Cousins
    RB: Mixon
    RB: Hunt
    WR: Julio
    WR: MThomas
    WR: Golladay
    Flex: Woods
    TE: Kittle
    DST: 49ers

Bench
    QB Arod
    RB: Guice, Love, Swift, Breida, Coleman, DThompson, Darrel Williams
    WR: Ruggs, Claypool, Agholor, Higgins, Keesean Johnson
    TE: D Waller
    Wow, optimistic on the Chargers part.....

Joey Bosa DL, Los Angeles Chargers
    Chargers signed Joey Bosa to a five-year, $135 million contract extension.

The deal includes $102 million guaranteed, the new NFL record among defensive players. Since coming into the league as the third pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, Bosa has done nothing but live up to lofty expectations. He's averaged 10.0 sacks per season through his first years despite missing 20% of his possible regular-season games due to injury. When Bosa is fully healthy, there are maybe four pass-rushers better, so it's no surprise to see the Chargers hand him the keys to the franchise. Per PFF, Bosa has the highest pass-rush grade and pass-rush win rate over the last three seasons.
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Jul 28, 2020, 9:40 PM ET
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,386
    Love it. Chargers overpay for a over-rated player.
    I'd take Joey Bosa on me team any day. Worth every penny.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Good signing.....

49ers have agreed to extend John Lynch’s deal
    Posted by Darin Gantt on July 29, 2020, 1:42 PM EDT

John Lynch said yesterday he thought there was “good news on the horizon” regarding his own contract.

Now, he can see it.

According to Mike Garafolo of NFL Network, the 49ers General Manager has agreed to terms on a multi-year contract extension.

The deal will span five years, per Garafolo, keeping him under contract through 2024.

The extension signed by coach Kyle Shanahan this offseason runs through 2025.

Both coach and G.M. were unknown commodities when hired (though Shanahan was more in-demand based on his role as a coordinator), but they’ve built a solid team with a base of young talent, and now stability in the front office.
    Nigel Bradham LB, New Orleans Saints
    Saints signed LB Nigel Bradham, formerly of the Eagles, to a one-year contract.

Bradham is an eight-year veteran who has compiled at least 51 tackles in each NFL season. His leadership and experience will help round out the New Orleans front seven that already had a lot of names at linebacker. Expect Bradham to rotate with Kiko Alonso as the Saints look to get back to the Super Bowl. They have one of the deepest rosters in the NFL.
    Related:

Philadelphia Eagles

Jul 30, 2020, 6:09 PM ET
    LeSean McCoy RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Bucs signed LeSean McCoy, formerly of the Chiefs, to a one-year, $1 million contract.

McCoy had interest from a few teams but was forced into waiting until camp to sign a near veteran-minimum contract. Last year, McCoy looked a step slower and probably won't be counted on for a big role in Tampa Bay. What McCoy does do is complicate things for Ronald Jones and rookie Ke'Shawn Vaughn, both players who have been zero-RB targets the entire offseason. Adding McCoy to the mix further lowers the ceilings and floors for all involved. It's a backfield that probably should be avoided until the double-digit rounds of fantasy football drafts now that there's three members involved.
    Related:

Ronald Jones, Ke'Shawn Vaughn

Jul 30, 2020, 5:58 PM ET
    Darqueze Dennard DB, Unsigned Free Agent
    Falcons signed CB Darqueze Dennard.

The signing comes four months after Dennard's three-year, $13.5 million agreement with the Jaguars fell apart. He provides a needed talent infusion for a secondary that reached for A.J. Terrell in the first round of the draft but still remains low on viable corners. This is about as good of a depth signing as a team could hope to make on July 30. Dennard immediately enters the starting mix, and is probably the favorite to line up opposite Terrell. Dennard typically kicks to the slot in nickel situations.
    Jul 30, 2020, 5:08 PM ET
    Iceman said:

LeSean McCoy RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Bucs signed LeSean McCoy, formerly of the Chiefs, to a one-year, $1 million contract.

McCoy had interest from a few teams but was forced into waiting until camp to sign a near veteran-minimum contract. Last year, McCoy looked a step slower and probably won't be counted on for a big role in Tampa Bay. What McCoy does do is complicate things for Ronald Jones and rookie Ke'Shawn Vaughn, both players who have been zero-RB targets the entire offseason. Adding McCoy to the mix further lowers the ceilings and floors for all involved. It's a backfield that probably should be avoided until the double-digit rounds of fantasy football drafts now that there's three members involved.
    Related:

Ronald Jones, Ke'Shawn Vaughn

Jul 30, 2020, 5:58 PM ET

And their goes Ronald Jones breakout season. Back into a RBBC we go. Jones will still be the lead back with the most caries but chances of him being a RB1 are dead. Weak RB2 or flex is more likely.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Nick Gates T, New York Giants
    Giants signed OL Nick Gates to a two-year, $6.8 million extension.

The deal has a max value of 10.3 million with incentives. Gates made only three spot starts last year but gave the Giants an immediate upgrade on the interior. He was expected to move to center, but with Nate Solder sitting out, he could be in the mix at right tackle.
    Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
    Aug 1, 2020, 11:41 AM ET
    Vinny Curry DL, Philadelphia Eagles
    Eagles re-signed veteran DE Vinny Curry to a 1-year deal worth up to $2 million.

Nearly $1.3 million is fully guaranteed, so Curry likely will make the Eagles roster at the end of training camp. Curry returned to Philadelphia prior to last season, where he spent the first six years of his career, and posted five sacks on 415 snaps last season. He frequently rotated in as the third edge rusher, splitting time with Josh Sweat in that role.
    Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
    Aug 7, 2020, 1:02 PM ET
    There was a time when If felt this guy had a chance to be a contributor in FF....

Chester Rogers WR, Miami Dolphins
    Dolphins signed WR Chester Rogers to a one-year contract.

The deal comes after Rogers worked out for Miami last week. With Allen Hurns and Albert Wilson both opted out, Rogers adds depth with a chance for a top-three role. Rogers fractured his kneecap in December but was healthy enough to pass a physical. He'll compete with Jakeem Grant, Ricardo Louis, and Isaiah Ford for slot snaps in training camp.
    Related:

Jakeem Grant, Isaiah Ford, Ricardo Louis

Aug 9, 2020, 9:30 AM ET