fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Who are the Top Win-A-League RBs for 2020?

2020 Offseason Moves

Comments

• IcemanIceman Posts: 6,048
    Jameis Winston QB, New Orleans Saints
    Saints signed QB Jameis Winston to a one-year contract.

Winston's 30 interceptions tanked his chances of being an NFL starter in 2020, but of all backup jobs, the Saints' one is arguably the best. He will get to learn under a quarterback allergic to turnovers in Drew Brees this season and could inherit the starting job when Brees retires, which likely will be after this season. Winston's arm talent would shine in the Superdome with coach Sean Payton, Michael Thomas, Alvin Kamara, Emmanuel Sanders, and Jared Cook if he's forced into action at some point this season. As a 25-year-old last season, Winston averaged 8.2 yards per attempt on his way to 5,109 yards. Winston is a project worth working on, especially at his reduced price tag.
    Related:

Drew Brees, Taysom Hill, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Source: Saints on Twitter
    Apr 28, 2020, 6:11 PM ET
    Jameis Winston QB, New Orleans Saints
    Jameis Winston's one-year contract with the Saints is worth just $1.1 million.

The deal contains another $4.7 million in incentives that Winston can earn with playing time in the regular season or playoffs or by making the Pro Bowl. All of that seems unlikely. Winston will collect a $952,000 base salary along with a $148,000 signing bonus to back up Drew Brees. Winston didn't take this deal for the money, but instead for the "Harvard education" in the same room with Brees and coach Sean Payton in an effort to sort of rejuvenate his career. As Bucs reporter Greg Auman noted, Winston made $1.23 million per week last season.
    Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    Apr 29, 2020, 10:24 AM ET
    Takk McKinley DL, Atlanta Falcons
    Falcons declined DE Takk McKinley's fifth-year option for 2021.

Coach Dan Quinn said that would be the outcome back in February, and McKinley confirmed it on Twitter Wednesday. Selected 26th overall in 2017, McKinley has recorded a meager 16.5 sacks across 45 games. He's missed just three career contests to date, but McKinley has dealt with significant shoulder issues. Atlanta signed Dante Fowler this offseason to be its new No. 1 edge rusher. McKinley is still in the 2020 plans, but he needs to turn it up a couple levels like Bud Dupree did in Pittsburgh last season.
    Apr 29, 2020, 12:25 PM ET
    Jabrill Peppers DB, New York Giants
    Giants exercised S Jabrill Peppers' fifth-year option for 2021.

The 25th overall pick in 2017, Peppers was part of the Giants' return for Odell Beckham last offseason. He appeared in 11 games with the G-Men his first season in New York before going on I.R. with a transverse process fracture in his back. Peppers has three career interceptions -- one each season -- with three forced fumbles and 13 pass breakups. He's a middle-of-the-pack starting safety.
    Apr 29, 2020, 9:51 PM ET
    Evan Engram TE, New York Giants
    Giants exercised TE Evan Engram's fifth-year option for 2021.

Engram has been a major health liability since being taken 23rd overall in 2017, missing 14-of-48 games, including eight last season and now coming off a dreaded Lisfranc injury. He was still in a walking boot at the beginning of March. Engram is no lock to be ready for Week 1 considering the state of the world we're in right now coupled with his rehab. When healthy Engram has been a very productive pass-catching tight end with a 153-1,766-12 line across 34 games with Eli Manning and Daniel Jones. He's a fantasy TE1 when on the field.
    Apr 29, 2020, 9:47 PM ET
    edited April 30
    Ever since it was clear Brady was leaving, this was the one guy thought the Pats might go after... we shall see.

Andy Dalton QB, Unsigned Free Agent
    Bengals released QB Andy Dalton.

Dalton reportedly requested his own release. This is Joe Burrow's team now. Cinci would've taken on $17.7 million by keeping Dalton in 2020. Dalton started at least 11 games for the Bengals from 2011-2019. He threw for 30 touchdowns in a season just once and was never exactly dominant, but the former second-round pick proved capable of at least leading the Bengals to the playoffs when surrounded by competent pieces. There aren't many (any?) teams that are still looking for a starting QB ahead of next season, although Dalton still figures to fetch plenty of interest on the free agent market as a high-end backup. New England and Jacksonville both make sense.
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Apr 30, 2020, 9:14 AM ET
    All kinds of talent.....

Reuben Foster LB, Unsigned Free Agent
    Redskins declined LB Reuben Foster's fifth-year option.

Foster played 16 games for the 49ers at a high level during the 2017-2018 seasons, but he's struggled to stay on the field since. He's racked up a two-game suspension from the 49ers and torn ACL since July, 2018. The much-troubled LB is too talented to not get another chance to make it, although teams will likely be wary of the baggage he brings. Expect a one-year contract with very little guaranteed money for Foster if/when he finds another employer.
    Source: Les Carpenter on Twitter
    Apr 30, 2020, 12:48 PM ET
    Michael Schofield G, Carolina Panthers
    Panthers signed OG Michael Schofield, formerly of the Chargers, to a one-year contract.

Schofield, 29, started all 16 games for the Chargers last season, playing the fifth-most snaps among all right guards in the NFL. He graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 43 guard out of 82 qualifiers, receiving passing marks for his pass protection. The seventh-year pro has started 66 career games and will immediately come in and push Bengals castoff John Miller for the job at right guard.
    Related:

Los Angeles Chargers

Source: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter
    Apr 30, 2020, 1:39 PM ET
    edited May 1
    Charles Harris DL, Atlanta Falcons
    Falcons acquired DE Charles Harris from the Dolphins in exchange for a 2021 seventh-round pick.

The organization will now have 72 hours to decide whether to exercise his fifth-year option for 2021. It's nothing more than a shot in the dark for the Falcons, who are acquiring Miami's former No. 22 overall pick from the 2017 draft (due $1.9 million this year) for pennies on the dollar. Harris hasn't lived up to his first-round profile in that span, totaling a dwindling sack count (3.5) across eight starts the past three years, but he does land in a non-competitive situation in Atlanta's front-seven. The Falcons need all the help they can get on defense, which at least gives Harris a shot to make noise behind Dante Fowler, Takk McKinley, and John Cominsky as a rotational EDGE rusher.
    Related:

Miami Dolphins

Source: Jason Butt on Twitter
    May 1, 2020, 8:55 AM ET
    Corey Davis WR, Tennessee Titans
    Titans declined Corey Davis' fifth-year team option for 2021.

He'll settle for $8.1 million on the final year of his rookie deal before becoming an unrestricted free agent (rather than making $15.6 million) in 2021. Davis just turned 25 in January but has yet to live up to the expectations of a former No. 5 overall pick, declining across the board in receptions (43), receiving yards (601), and touchdowns (2) behind A.J. Brown last year. A simple change of scenery for the former could very well be of use barring a surprising fourth-year breakout.
    May 1, 2020, 10:52 AM ET
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,362
    edited May 1
    I tried for yrs to get Davis from the Davis owner in my big money league. I take AJ Brown in the 2nd round of my rookie draft last year and never looked back. So funny how we’ll hang on to guys until their value is gone. So thankful for AJ Brown. He’ll be my flex this upcoming season.
    Adoree' Jackson DB, Tennessee Titans
    Titans exercised CB Adoree' Jackson's fifth-year team option for 2021.

Jackson, Tennessee's No. 18 overall pick in 2017, will now make $10.2 million in the fifth and final year of his rookie deal. He missed five games with a lingering foot injury last year but still had a strong showing with six pass breakups and 45 tackles across 11 starts. Jackson will continue to soak up snaps as the team's boundary corner across from some combination of Malcolm Butler, Johnathan Joseph, and second-round rookie Kristian Fulton.
    Source: Turron Davenport on Twitter
    May 1, 2020, 11:26 AM ET
    Solomon Thomas DL, San Francisco 49ers
    49ers declined DL Solomon Thomas' fifth-year team option for 2021.

It was a no brainer as exercising his option would've landed Thomas roughly $13 million in 2021. He'll instead hit the market as an unrestricted free agent next offseason barring a surprising breakout. The former No. 3 overall pick in the 2017 draft, Thomas has underwhelmed with six sacks and 16 tackles for loss in 46 games with San Francisco. 25 in August, he'll continue to be used as a rotational pass rusher this upcoming season.
    May 1, 2020, 12:08 PM ET
  • Troy_PolamalyourassTroy_Polamalyourass Posts: 1,216

I tried for yrs to get Davis from the Davis owner in my big money league. I take AJ Brown in the 2nd round of my rookie draft last year and never looked back. So funny how we’ll hang on to guys until their value is gone. So thankful for AJ Brown. He’ll be my flex this upcoming season.

I couldn't even get a 3rd round pick for him in my rookie draft this week

Two straight years I wasted the 1.2 pick (Josh Doctson and Corey Davis)

The good news is he should ball out this final year to get himself a new team
    12 Team PPR Dynasty
    QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex RB/WR/TE

Wentz, Tannehill
    S Barkley, J Jacobs, C Carson, R Freeman, Dobbins
    AJ Brown, T Hill, C Kupp, DJ Chark, Lamb, Jefferson
    Kelce, Higbee

I couldn't even get a 3rd round pick for him in my rookie draft this week

Two straight years I wasted the 1.2 pick (Josh Doctson and Corey Davis)

The good news is he should ball out this final year to get himself a new team
    Yeah it’s this reason why I’m hesitant to pull the trigger on Jeudy when I have my rookie draft this August. Some sure things just never materialize. I got bit by Doctson as well. That one stung. Hoping N’Keal Harry isn’t going to be in this club.
    Chris Thompson RB, Jacksonville Jaguars
    Jaguars sign RB Chris Thompson, formerly of the Redskins.

Thompson will be rejoining OC Jay Gruden with this signing, and he should push Leonard Fournette for third-down duties immediately. Thompson has averaged 3.4 receptions per game over the last five seasons -- all with Gruden as his head coach -- and Fournette was 181st out of 199 qualifiers in fantasy points per target in 2019. It's clear the organization is ready to move on from Fournette in one way or another. Thompson, Ryquell Armstead, and Devine Ozigbo are behind the former first-rounder on the depth chart.
    Related:

Leonard Fournette, Washington Redskins

Source: Jeremy Folwer on Twitter
    May 1, 2020, 3:39 PM ET
    Garett Bolles T, Denver Broncos
    Broncos declined their fifth-year option on LT Garett Bolles.

Bolles has started three seasons for the Broncos, but his pass-blocking has been subpar in each year, especially after factoring in his insane penalty rates. The 2017 20th overall pick hasn't developed into the franchise left tackle as some expected and will likely be replaced next offseason. In fact, the Broncos have made it clear that there's a competition at left tackle this summer.
    Source: Mike Klis on Twitter
    May 1, 2020, 4:09 PM ET

Leonard Fournette RB, Jacksonville Jaguars
    Jaguars declined Leonard Fournette's fifth-year team option.

The Jaguars were rumored to have Fournette on the trading block during the NFL Draft but were unable to even fetch a 7th-round pick for their former first-rounder. With today's news, 2020 will assuredly be Fournette's last year with the Jaguars, and it's not a guarantee that he's still on the team when we kick off. The Jaguars are clearly ready to move on and even brought in more competition today by signing pass-catching RB Chris Thompson, who now reunites with coach Jay Gruden. Fournette is unlikely to see the 265 carries and 100 targets that he saw last season.
    May 1, 2020, 5:48 PM ET
    Taco Charlton DL, Kansas City Chiefs
    Chiefs signed DE Taco Charlton, formerly of the Cowboys and Dolphins.

Charlton has been waived by both the Cowboys and Dolphins in the last calendar year and can't be counted on to make the 53-man roster. This could be his very last chance to stick around the league even though he has a first-round pedigree. Through three NFL seasons, Charlton has 9.0 sacks and 11.0 TFLs.
    Related:

Miami Dolphins, Dallas Cowboys

Source: Terez Paylor on Twitter
    May 1, 2020, 11:42 PM ET
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,237
    Thompson signing is interesting....
    I wonder if all these guys getting their 5th yr option not excersized will have a drop off in performance so they preserve their bodies. You would think they’d play hard for their next contract, but they won’t get that next contract if they’re out for the yr or dinged up. Will be interesting to see.
    Jarrad Davis LB, Detroit Lions
    Lions declined LB Jarrad Davis' fifth-year option for 2021.

Davis was taken 21st overall in the 2017 draft, the year before coach Matt Patricia was hired, so he doesn't exactly have ties to this coaching staff. The off-ball linebacker has made minimal impact through three seasons, appearing in 41-of-48 games while producing just one interception, five forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries, and 10 sacks. He had an outlier six-sack 2018. Davis was Pro Football Focus' No. 72 linebacker out of 83 qualifiers last season. He was third in missed tackles as a rookie and sixth the following year. Davis likely would have been up there in 2019 if not for missing five games to an ankle injury.
    Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    May 2, 2020, 10:25 AM ET
    Mitchell Trubisky QB, Chicago Bears
    NFL Newtork's Tom Pelissero reports the Bears declined the fifth-year option on QB Mitchell Trubisky for 2021.

Pelissero added, "The team has liked Trubisky’s attitude since the Nick Foles trade and it’ll be an open competition." Still, Foles remains the heavy favorite to be under center once Week 1 comes around. Trubisky regressed across the board in 2019 while also suddenly declining to utilize his actually-good rushing ability. Perhaps it's a tad too early to fully give up on the No. 2 overall pick of the 2017 draft, but Trubisky's days as a starting QB could realistically already be over.
    May 2, 2020, 3:43 PM ET
    John Ross WR, Cincinnati Bengals
    Bengals declined the fifth-year option on WR John Ross for 2021.

This reality could lead to second-round pick Tee Higgins perhaps finding his way into three-WR sets sooner rather than later. Ross has totaled a pedestrian 49-716-10 receiving line in 24 games since entering the league in 2017. The former No. 9 overall pick has struggled to stay on the field, but flashed serious upside with 7-158-2 and 4-112-1 performances to start the 2019 season. Speed kills, and the man who once ran the 40-yard dash in 4.22 seconds will assuredly get a second chance elsewhere to find a consistent role.
    May 2, 2020, 5:34 PM ET
  • Iceman said:

Mitchell Trubisky QB, Chicago Bears
    NFL Newtork's Tom Pelissero reports the Bears declined the fifth-year option on QB Mitchell Trubisky for 2021.

Pelissero added, "The team has liked Trubisky’s attitude since the Nick Foles trade and it’ll be an open competition." Still, Foles remains the heavy favorite to be under center once Week 1 comes around. Trubisky regressed across the board in 2019 while also suddenly declining to utilize his actually-good rushing ability. Perhaps it's a tad too early to fully give up on the No. 2 overall pick of the 2017 draft, but Trubisky's days as a starting QB could realistically already be over.
    May 2, 2020, 3:43 PM ET

Thank god we traded UP to get him (and avoided Mahomes and Watson)! *sigh

• swampiesswampies Posts: 4,218
    edited May 3
    Andy Dalton signs a 7 million one year contract with Dallas. A safety net move for Dallas in case Dax decides to hold out this season. A very smart move imo. Great opportunity for Dalton.

imageDC05-EEC7-1534-4-C1-C-9751-C7319542-ADBB" alt="" />
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,237
    swampies said:

Andy Dalton signs a 7 million one year contract with Dallas. A safety net move for Dallas in case Dax decides to hold out this season. A very smart move imo. Great opportunity for Dalton.

Very good point... I forgot about Dak being in contract talks. Dallas could very well say, fine... hold out, we have Dalton. 🤷‍♂️😳
    Jerry makes a smart move....
  • Brilliant! Helps me out, as a Dak owner.

Haason Reddick LB, Arizona Cardinals
    Cardinals declined LB Haason Reddick's fifth-year team option for 2021.

Reddick has impressively played in all 48 possible games with Arizona since joining the team as the No. 13 overall pick in the 2017 draft. Envisioned as an Isaiah Simmons-type of hybrid player, 25-year-old Reddick most recently logged 472 snaps as an inside linebacker and 137 along the edges as an outside linebacker in 2019. Simmons' arrival allows for a number of intriguing defensive packages this upcoming year if DC Vance Joseph is willing to be progressive before Reddick becomes an unrestricted free agent in 2021. The latter will make $4.28 million in what will likely be his final season with the Cards.
    Source: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter
    May 3, 2020, 9:02 PM ET