fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

I have the BEST 2020 Mock Draft right here for ya! Get some!

2020 Offseason Moves

Comments

• IcemanIceman Posts: 5,781
    D.J. Foster RB, Arizona Cardinals
    Cardinals re-signed RB D.J. Foster to a one-year contract.

Foster spent the second half of 2019 on injured reserve with a hamstring injury and will go into the 2020 offseason competing for No. 3 duties behind Kenyan Drake and Chase Edmonds. Most of his value to Arizona will come on special teams.
    Source: James Palmer on Twitter
    Mar 25, 2020, 6:57 PM ET
    Cody Latimer WR, Washington Redskins
    Redskins signed WR Cody Latimer, formerly of the Giants.

Latimer has been an end of the active roster receiver throughout his six-year NFL career. With the Giants falling victim to injuries last year, Latimer started 10 games and compiled a career-high 300 receiving yards on a 7.1 YPT average. The Redskins receiver room is completely open behind Terry McLaurin, so it's possible Latimer makes starts in 2020. Expect him to compete with rookies and other fringe-starter talent this offseason.
    Related:

New York Giants

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
    Mar 25, 2020, 8:46 PM ET
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 12,082
    Iceman said:

Tajae Sharpe WR, Minnesota Vikings
    Vikings signed WR Tajae Sharpe, formerly of the Titans, to a one-year, $1 million contract.

Sharpe gives the Vikings a potential starting option opposite Adam Thielen on what is a thin depth chart at the position. The former fifth-rounder turns 26 later this year. Once a starter for the Titans after a strong rookie camp, Sharpe became more of a role player in Tennessee last year after the emergence of A.J. Brown and signing of Adam Humphries. Sharpe has good size at 6'2/194 and has a career 92-1,167-8 line across 47 games (29 starts). Look for Minnesota to address wideout in the draft.
    Related:

Tennessee Titans

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Mar 25, 2020, 11:29 AM ET

I love this signing.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,082
    WTCM said:

Iceman said:

Tajae Sharpe WR, Minnesota Vikings
    Vikings signed WR Tajae Sharpe, formerly of the Titans, to a one-year, $1 million contract.

Sharpe gives the Vikings a potential starting option opposite Adam Thielen on what is a thin depth chart at the position. The former fifth-rounder turns 26 later this year. Once a starter for the Titans after a strong rookie camp, Sharpe became more of a role player in Tennessee last year after the emergence of A.J. Brown and signing of Adam Humphries. Sharpe has good size at 6'2/194 and has a career 92-1,167-8 line across 47 games (29 starts). Look for Minnesota to address wideout in the draft.
    Related:

Tennessee Titans

Mar 25, 2020, 11:29 AM ET

I love this signing.
    Might be worth a late round pick in rookie/FA drafts

Daryl Williams T, Buffalo Bills
    Bills agreed to terms with OL Daryl Williams, formerly of the Panthers, to a one-year contract.

It's yet another ex-Panter/Sean McDermott reunion. 27-year-old Williams started 12 games in Carolina last season but was a liability. He primarily played guard after years at tackle, though he did spend some time on the blindside. He will be versatile depth in Buffalo.
    Related:

Carolina Panthers

Mar 26, 2020, 6:07 PM ET

Marcus Gilbert T, Arizona Cardinals
    Cardinals re-signed OT Marcus Gilbert to a one-year, $3.75 million contract.

The ex-Steeler was with the Cardinals in 2019 but missed the entire season with a torn ACL. Gilbert's 2018 in Pittsburgh was plagued by injury and suspension. Gilbert turned 32 last month. All of that is the long way of saying Gilbert probably should not be in the starting mix, but the Cards have one of the league's weakest tackle groups. At worst, Gilbert will be an experienced swing option.
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Mar 26, 2020, 6:01 PM ET
    Xavier Rhodes DB, Indianapolis Colts
    Colts signed CB Xavier Rhodes, formerly of the Vikings, to a one-year contract.

In steady decline as he has battled a variety of minor injuries over the past two years, Rhodes was released by the Vikings, the only team he had ever known, on the eve of free agency. He turns 30 in June. It is nevertheless a low-risk potential bounce-back signing for a team that has improved on defense this offseason but was still a man short at cornerback. It would not be the first time a player with Rhodes' pedigree shook off a slump.
    Related:

Minnesota Vikings

Mar 26, 2020, 4:34 PM ET
    Austin Johnson DL, New York Giants
    Giants signed DT Austin Johnson, formerly of the Titans.

A sporadic starter in Tennessee, Johnson typically plays in the 375-400 snap range as a pure run stuffer. A fifth-year pro, Johnson is still relatively young at two months shy of his 26th birthday. He will be a role-playing hog molly for GM Dave Gettleman's Giants.
    Related:

Tennessee Titans

Source: Dan Duggan on Twitter
    Mar 26, 2020, 2:59 PM ET
    Kenyan Drake RB, Arizona Cardinals
    Cardinals re-signed RB Kenyan Drake to a one-year, $8.483 million contract.

Drake is no longer eligible to sign an offer sheet with another team. Drake was believed to be gunning for as much as $10 million annually on a multi-year deal, but the reality is, $8.5 million for one season is a great outcome for a running back in 2020. With David Johnson unloaded to the Texans — in exchange for DeAndre Hopkins, lol — Drake's 2019 stranglehold on lead-back duties will carry over to the new year. Running in a high-octane, well-designed rushing attack, three-down talent Drake will definitely be in the RB1 mix.
    Mar 26, 2020, 2:02 PM ET
    E.J. Gaines DB, Buffalo Bills
    Bills signed CB E.J. Gaines to a one-year contract.

The ex-Ram started 11 games for the Bills in 2017. His playing time has fallen ever since, with Gaines making just six appearances over the past two seasons. He tried to make the Bills out of training camp last year but ended up on injured reserve with a groin issue before getting cut loose with an injury settlement. Coach Sean McDermott's staff clearly likes Gaines, but his recent NFL history suggests he will not make the 53-man roster.
    Mar 26, 2020, 1:44 PM ET
    Not Rotoworld news but Hollywood Brown just got trades for RoJo & 2.05 in my one dynasty league!! 😮😮

Heck, if I would have known he was available, I would have gave 2.03 for him!
    Previous post on this guy premature, apparently the Ravens got cold feet....

Michael Brockers DL, Los Angeles Rams
    Rams agreed to terms with DT Michael Brockers on a three-year contract.

Brockers can make up to $31.5 million. The Ravens actually agreed to terms with Brockers on a similar deal 11 days ago, but Wednesday it was revealed that the Ravens were worried after getting the results of Brockers' physical. He suffered a high-ankle sprain last season, which was the reason for concern. The Rams obviously know Brockers best and have no issues snapping him back up to stack with Aaron Donald and newcomer A'Shawn Robinson along their defensive line, the strength of the defense. Brockers, 29, has spent his entire career with the Rams after being taken 14th overall in the 2012 draft. He'll be entering his ninth year with the club. The Ravens go back to the drawing board. They already traded DL Chris Wormley to the Steelers after they came to terms with Brockers.
    Related:

Baltimore Ravens

Mar 27, 2020, 8:12 AM ET
    CoolHand said:

Not Rotoworld news but Hollywood Brown just got trades for RoJo & 2.05 in my one dynasty league!! 😮😮

Heck, if I would have known he was available, I would have gave 2.03 for him!

Seems the values on Brown is really all over the place league to league, one of those guys worth asking about, you never know what you will hear back....
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,281
    I have Hollywood Brown in my keeper league. Not a bad price either, $4.25 in a $200 salary cap league. Thing is i think from looking at his usage he screams “just a big play guy”, not necessarily WR1. I’ll continue to monitor but I was thinking he’d have Randal Cobb type career (that one year Cobb exploded in GB) but then I remember BAL doesn’t have the same high octane passing offense that GB did in ARod’s prime. So I have to temper expectations on Brown. Ultimately it probably wind up keeping him but roster spots are limited on that team with all my other cheap keepers and 4 2020 1st round rookie picks.
    Ryan Smith DB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Buccaneers re-signed CB Ryan Smith.

Smith was suspended for the first four games for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances last year, but returned in Week 5 to log 281 special teams snaps over Tampa Bay's last 12 contests. 27 in September, he's quietly made 16 starts since joining the Bucs as the No. 108 overall pick in 2016.
    Source: Terez Paylor on Twitter
    Mar 27, 2020, 11:00 AM ET
    Ameer Abdullah RB, Minnesota Vikings
    Vikings re-signed RB Ameer Abdullah.

Abdullah has been stripped of any offensive prominence since joining the Vikings off waivers in '18, totaling 23 carries and 16 catches across 23 games as the team's fourth-string runner. He'll continue to be dispersed on kick returns this upcoming year, which he averaged 25 yards per return (and 25.2 in two postseason contests) in 16 appearances with Minnesota last season.
    Source: Chris Tomasson on Twitter
    Mar 27, 2020, 12:34 PM ET
    Zach Ertz TE, Philadelphia Eagles
    NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Eagles exercised their 2021 option on Zach Ertz.

This was "strictly procedural", but it's a reminder that Ertz and the Eagles will likely be talking about a contract extension soon. The reliable pass-catcher is due for a salary bump after five straight 800+ yard seasons in Philadelphia with his five-year contract ending in 2021. He'll be entering his age-30 season this upcoming season and should remain as a top-five fantasy tight end as Carson Wentz's safety net over the middle.
    Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    Mar 27, 2020, 2:32 PM ET
    Greg Zuerlein K, Dallas Cowboys
    Cowboys signed K Greg Zuerlein, formerly of the Rams, to a three-year, $7.5 million contract.

Zuerlein rejoins his former special teams coach with the signing. It's a great landing spot for fantasy purposes, assuming his 2019 foot injury is behind him. Zuerlein made 90% of his field goal attempts in the three years before last season's 73% field goal percentage.
    Related:

Los Angeles Rams

Mar 27, 2020, 3:50 PM ET
  • Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 3,005
    Greg the Leg is a Cowboy.... Interesting. That is my kicker
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on.
    Current Champion of the Sleeper U Fantasy Playoff Challenge.
  • GuinnessIsGoodForYouGuinnessIsGoodForYou Posts: 9,128
    edited March 27
    Iceman said:

Ameer Abdullah RB, Minnesota Vikings
    Vikings re-signed RB Ameer Abdullah.

Abdullah has been stripped of any offensive prominence since joining the Vikings off waivers in '18, totaling 23 carries and 16 catches across 23 games as the team's fourth-string runner. He'll continue to be dispersed on kick returns this upcoming year, which he averaged 25 yards per return (and 25.2 in two postseason contests) in 16 appearances with Minnesota last season.
    Source: Chris Tomasson on Twitter
    Mar 27, 2020, 12:34 PM ET

I had him as my sleeper the year he came out - disappointing.

• Iceman said:

Cowboys signed K Greg Zuerlein, formerly of the Rams, to a three-year, $7.5 million contract.

Zuerlein rejoins his former special teams coach with the signing. It's a great landing spot for fantasy purposes, assuming his 2019 foot injury is behind him. Zuerlein made 90% of his field goal attempts in the three years before last season's 73% field goal percentage.
    Related:

Los Angeles Rams

Wow - that surprises me. I know he's "just a kicker", but I'm still surprised.

Iceman said:

Related:

Los Angeles Rams

Wow - that surprises me. I know he's "just a kicker", but I'm still surprised.
    But not all kickers have a nickname like Greg ‘the Leg’ Zuerlein
    Dakota Dozier G, Minnesota Vikings
    Vikings re-signed OL Dakota Dozier to a one-year, $1 million contract.

Dozier appeared in all 16 games and made four starts for the Vikings last year. The 28-year-old will return as veteran depth that can back up multiple spots.
    Mar 27, 2020, 7:27 PM ET
    Carson Wentz QB, Philadelphia Eagles
    Eagles exercised Carson Wentz's 2020 option.

This is a procedural move — Wentz's salary would have jumped to $30 million had the Eagles declined. Wentz is now owed $1.38 million and $15.4 million base salaries the next two seasons. The Eagles also picked up options on DE Brandon Graham, OG Isaac Seumalo, and DL Malik Jackson.
    Related:

Brandon Graham, Isaac Seumalo, Malik Jackson

Mar 28, 2020, 9:07 AM ET
    Alshon Jeffery WR, Philadelphia Eagles
    Eagles exercised WR Alshon Jeffery's 2020 option.

The Eagles had been noncommittal on Jeffery's future, but his contract made this a lock to be picked up. Philly would have taken a $26.1 dead money hit to move on from him. Coming off Lisfranc surgery, 30-year-old Jeffery is questionable for the start of training camp. He can't be counted on to stay healthy.
    Mar 28, 2020, 9:04 AM ET
    Shelby Harris DL, Denver Broncos
    Broncos re-signed DL Shelby Harris to a one-year, $2.5 million contract.

Coming off a career year, Harris committed in January to testing free agency, but he was greeted by a surprisingly cold market. Now the 28-year-old returns as a major bargain for the Broncos, though another $750,000 is available through incentives. A 16-game starter last season, Harris notched six sacks while performing well against the run. He's a strong presence along the Broncos' interior.
    Source: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter
    Mar 28, 2020, 12:16 AM ET
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,250
    Broncos got Shelby Harris on the cheap. Thought he was gone as it was being said he would get $8-10Mill on the free agent market. We'll take him for 2.5.

Looks like D Wolfe is gone thou.....
    Demarcus Robinson WR, Kansas City Chiefs
    Chiefs re-signed WR Demarcus Robinson to a one-year, $2.3 million contract.

The deal is fully guaranteed. He set or tied career-high marks in targets (55), receptions (32), yards (449) and touchdowns (4) last season. Still, Robinson gained more than 50 receiving yards in just 2-of-19 games, only making a true difference during his 6-172-2 explosion against the Raiders in Week 2. He won't see the type of volume to enable top-tier fantasy production. Still, Robinson is more than capable of continuing to demand plenty of snaps, which wouldn't be good news for Mecole Hardman's chances at breaking out in 2020.
    Mar 28, 2020, 2:59 PM ET
    Rolan Milligan DB, Indianapolis Colts
    Colts S Rolan Milligan signed his tender.

Milligan played in 11 games as a rookie in 2019, racking up 15 tackles as a backup defender and contributor on special teams. The former undrafted free agent will turn 26 in August.
    Source: Colts on Twitter
    Mar 28, 2020, 3:23 PM ET
    Derek Wolfe DL, Baltimore Ravens
    Ravens signed DL Derek Wolfe to a one-year, $3 million contract.

He can earn an additional $3 million by meeting certain incentives. Wolfe started 108 games for the Broncos from 2012-2019. Injuries have been an issue in recent years, although he still managed to rack up seven sacks in 12 games last season. PFF graded Wolfe as the league's 54th-best interior defender among 121 qualified players in 2019. He'll provide some additional depth to the Ravens after the Michael Brockers signing fell through.
    Mar 28, 2020, 4:43 PM ET