fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Regular Content is here... starting with this new Bold Prediction. Get some!

Luke Kuechly

IcemanIceman Posts: 6,103
An IDP Stud/Stalwart leaves the game.

Luke Kuechly LB, Carolina Panthers
Panthers LB Luke Kuechly announced his retirement.

Kuechly is only entering his age-29 season, so this is a completely unexpected retirement. The best linebacker for multiple seasons in the 2010s, Kuechly finishes his eight-year career with at least 100 combined tackles in every single season. His unique blend of speed, aggressiveness, and smarts led Kuechly to a Super Bowl appearance, seven Pro Bowls, five All-Pros, and Defensive Rookie of the Year (2012) and Defensive Player of the Year (2013) honors. Kuechly is easily one of the most accomplished players in Carolina Panthers' history and will be considered for the Pro Football Hall of Fame despite a shorter than normal career. His leadership and reliability will be missed in 2020 and beyond.
Source: Panthers on Twitter
Jan 14, 2020, 8:37 PM ET

Comments

• Takes a lot to admit you lost a step. He’s had so many scary concussions. I’m happy he is retiring to protect his brain.

• WTCMWTCM Posts: 12,262
    I'm shocked and sad to see him hang it up. But glad he choice to do it on his own free will. Easily a future HOFer
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 2,316
    Wow. Shocked. What does that do to the CAR LB group then?
    D3:
    QB—Allen, Big Ben, Fitz, Tyrod
    RB—EE, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, Evans (R), Coleman, JSamuels, Pollard
    WR—MThomas, Diggs, Chark, Harry, Lamb (R), Hardman, Butler, Lazard
    TE—Doyle, Jonnu, Thomas
    PK—Zuerlein
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Stafford, Fitz
    RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Cohen, Howard, Breida, Burkhead, JSamuels, Edmonds
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jeffery, Jefferson (R), Amendola, Miller, Butler, Watson
    TE—Olsen, Thomas, Kmet, Trautman
    PK—Gostkowski, Prater
    DEF—Bears, Jags
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 6,103
    edited January 15
    Shaq Thompson came into his own this season, if somebody in your league(s) is sleeping on him, grab him. We will see what Carolina does in the draft and free agency as well, big shoes to fill. With the coaching change there many unknowns on both sides of the ball.
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 5,275
    Shaq Thompson, who was already developing in to a top ILB in 2019 will be even better in that defense going forward.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,298

Shaq Thompson, who was already developing in to a top ILB in 2019 will be even better in that defense going forward.

Yeah, should have grabbed him off the ww when I had the chance!! Now guess who has him.... Doggie 👎 haha
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 5,275
    CoolHand said:

Yeah, should have grabbed him off the ww when I had the chance!! Now guess who has him.... Doggie 👎 haha
    :lol:
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 4,247
    Kuechly Was a fun player to watch but smart of him to leave now knowing his history of bad concussions. I’m sure Seau was on his mind when making this discussion
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 12,262
    swampies said:

Kuechly Was a fun player to watch but smart of him to leave now knowing his history of bad concussions. I’m sure Seau was on his mind when making this discussion

If he would have played another year, there might be a chance him not having any idea who Seau was.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 1,674
    A good decision by a very classy guy.
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,755
    WTCM said:

I'm shocked and sad to see him hang it up. But glad he choice to do it on his own free will. Easily a future HOFer

This
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • Has he been in the league long enough to go to Canton?

• IcemanIceman Posts: 6,103
    I think he should....
  • He career seemed very short to be a HOF. Sacks were very low at 12, while other similar players hof are in the 40s. He needs more games to secure a spot, unfortunately he doesn't have it.
    2017 NCAA sleeperu bracket winner. Changing lives one keystroke at a time.
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,972
    edited January 29
    Just wanted to pay my respects....with his concussions he definitely should hang em up...his resume should be be able to overcome the short career to be hall of fame worthy. ...a true warrior and face of the position for many years