fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Regular Content is here... starting with this new Bold Prediction. Get some!

New Head coach thread for 2020

swampiesswampies Posts: 4,354
Mike McCarthy sound like a done deal in Dallas. This will definitely help the team as a whole
(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
SleeperU Forum Moderator
USA

Comments

• WTCMWTCM Posts: 12,473
    swampies said:

Mike McCarthy sound like a done deal in Dallas. This will definitely help the team as a whole

As long as they keep running the ball as their true mo. Then they'll be fine. They still won't win a Super Bowl, but they'll be better than 8-8
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,481
    Will it help Zeke though (not saying it won’t)? When has McCarthy ever produced a top 5 RB in fantasy - I can’t think of any? He left and all of a sudden Jones became an RB1. It’s great news for Dak and Amari for sure, Zeke I’m not sure of.

Will it help Zeke though (not saying it won’t)? When has McCarthy ever produced a top 5 RB in fantasy - I can’t think of any? He left and all of a sudden Jones became an RB1. It’s great news for Dak and Amari for sure, Zeke I’m not sure of.

This is what causes me to worry slightly.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Will it help Zeke though (not saying it won’t)? When has McCarthy ever produced a top 5 RB in fantasy - I can’t think of any? He left and all of a sudden Jones became an RB1. It’s great news for Dak and Amari for sure, Zeke I’m not sure of.

Definitely good for Dak. I’m not sure about Amari though - I heard rumblings that he may be on the trade block.

Definitely good for Dak. I’m not sure about Amari though - I heard rumblings that he may be on the trade block.
    I doubt it, they traded a fair amount for him. Him and Gallup are a great tandem. The two only help Dak. Losing Amari would only hurt Dak's development
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 4,354
    Mike is horrible in communication and getting the plays out on time. Curious how this effects Dak
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 6,564
    swampies said:

Mike is horrible in communication and getting the plays out on time. Curious how this effects Dak

No worries, if that continues Jerry will tell him he cannot call the plays anymore... :p
  • LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 1,067
    edited January 6

I think Eddie Lacy had a big season in there somewhere.

Edit: Just checked. Lacy finished RB7 in 2013, RB6 in 2014.
    10-team, non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE.
    2020 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Christian McCaffrey, RB Dalvin Cook, RB Ezekiel Elliott, RB, WR Courtland Sutton, WR A.J. Brown, WR D.J. Chark, WR N'Keal Harry, WR Henry Ruggs III
    Rams not retaining Wade Philips is a huge mistake. Philips creates top 5 defenses. Just ask my Vikings. Not to mention the Texans and Broncos.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

Rams not retaining Wade Philips is a huge mistake. Philips creates top 5 defenses. Just ask my Vikings. Not to mention the Texans and Broncos.

Go get him Giants
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 3,241

McCarthey will lengthen Zeke career. McCarthey loves to use 2 RBs so can get the most out of Pollard and Zeke. Bad news for fantasy owners of Zeke though.
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on.
    Current Champion of the SleeperU Fantasy Playoff Challenge.
  • TheDudeTheDude Posts: 2,365
    I'm not sold on McCarthy being the answer in DAL. Seems like he's trying to sell the story he's changed in his season off. Becoming more of a analytics guy and bringing in a 14 man team for this. I guess it could work if he used it. Seems to be doing well in BAL...or is it they have a superstar who is unstoppable?

I believe this to be change for change sake hire. Sure, he can get along w/Jerry. I guess that's a qualification. I really wanted to see something bold and new and risky. Riley or Rhule come to mind. Or pay millions to get Saban. Just not a retread. Ugh.

I will say this: Much happier with McCarthy vs Lewis.

• footballchixfootballchix Posts: 935
    I think McCathy is a good pick. I think he wants to prove he can win without Rodgers.

Bill Cowher name was not even mentioned. Dallas could have lured Nick Saban or Urban Meyer.

Dallas could have lured Nick Saban or Urban Meyer.

I honesty thought it would be one of the two. If any owner can pull it off, its Jonesy.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Browns request permission to interview Jim Schwartz for their head coach vacancy; Current Eagles defensive coordinator & former Lions HC.

So I guess the Browns want the first overall pick next year too. Horrible idea to acquire Schwartz.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Baylor's Matt Rhule is finalizing a deal to become the next head coach of the Carolina Panthers. This might be a good thing for Cam Newton.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    edited January 7
    WTCM said:

Baylor's Matt Rhule is finalizing a deal to become the next head coach of the Carolina Panthers. This might be a good thing for Cam Newton.

Really? Because I know that is the Giants first choice as a head coach!
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    swampies said:

WTCM said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001095095/article/panthers-to-hire-baylors-matt-rhule-as-head-coach
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

swampies said:

WTCM said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001095095/article/panthers-to-hire-baylors-matt-rhule-as-head-coach
    Who are the Giants waiting for? Wtf it better not be Garrett! If they hire him there will be mayhem here in the NY area!
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    WTCM said:

Fire up all your CAR WR's and CMC!!!

• Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 5,306
    swampies said:

WTCM said:

swampies said:

WTCM said:

Who are the Giants waiting for? Wtf it better not be Garrett! If they hire him there will be mayhem here in the NY area!
    The New York Post's Paul Schwartz reports the Giants will consider Jason Garrett for their head-coaching vacancy if things "go sour" with Matt Rhule.
    The Giants (including co-owner Steve Tisch) are set to interview Rhule, who has shown "mutual interest" in joining their organization, on Tuesday. Schwartz adds that Garrett is their fallback option "only if things go sour" with the current Baylor coach. Garrett hasn't been linked to any other team since initially "allowing" the Cowboys to fire him, but settling into the NFC East with one of the youngest teams in the league makes sense given his lengthy tenure as a former head coach. Rhule already interviewed with the Panthers on Monday, but the Giants' head coaching job seems to be his to lose barring an unexpected turn.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    Great NYG are going instead to met with Garrett, what hell is John Mara doing????
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    edited January 7
    swampies said:

Great NYG are going instead to met with Garrett, what hell is John Mara doing????

LOL the guys the Giants should be replacing is Gettleman and Mara. Hiring Garrett is showing the fan base that they'd be delighted with being a .500 football team. Meanwhile better options like Riley, Harbaugh, Bieniemy, Lafleur, and McDaniels still out there.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Thank god the NYG are going to hire Joe Judge from the Patriots
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    Saved...
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,481
    Great, because all Pats coaches seem to work out as head coaches.

That aside, wonder if Jeudy is coming to the Giants. Judge is WR coach from Pats. Would be one helluva team loaded with young talent - Jones, Barkley, Engram and Jeudy. Yikes!
    WTCM said:

Saved...

More like dodging a bullet but at least Joe knows both sides of the ball and is a leader with detail
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    The G-Men may still sign Garrett as a OC,
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

The G-Men may still sign Garrett as a OC,

I sure hope they do!!!

Didn't the patriots WR underachieve this year? Why go out and hire the WR coach then?
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this: