fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff (1pm EST) on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

Year in review

wh0urdadywh0urdady Posts: 3,409
Was a strange year for me, wasn’t as knowledgeable this year as I didn’t put in as much research with the new job. Will lay it out how it unfolded.

IBL 96 team league, team starters out rough going 2-12 and possibly 4-17. After about week 6 or so my team hit a turning point and played much better down the stretch and was able to reach the Championship Tier in the last week which is top 24 teams. A very big turnaround from how the season started.

Sleeper U test forum league
This is the only league I truly stood out in all year. First place has been shared last few weeks with Kito, The Dude, and me with me retaking the point lead last two weeks.

Main Dynasty league
I have been locked into the 5 seed over the last 4 weeks, a top 3 team in a stacked division. I will face another top team in my division 1st round of playoffs.

Main Money League
Rough season from losing Hill early on to playing McLaurin when he was out. Seemed like I just wasn’t having any luck with Hill and Kupp later on putting up donuts in back to back weeks. Being a victory point league even though I was getting Ws I wasn’t getting points for scoring. The last two weeks things have been going my way, and barring huge defensive game from Seattle or Cook getting 40 points, I should slide into the 6th spot for the final playoff slot.

Work league
Blew the top off the league first couple weeks going 3-1 and looking pretty. Lost Mahomes and fell to 3-6 making it seem like I was done for. 4 wins in a row has me now locked into a backed playoff slot as well as potentially being the leading scorer.

That is my season in a nutshell so far
QB: Cousins, Jackson Bortles, Dalton
RB: Mixon, Hunt, Coleman, Ware, Breida
WR: Julio, M Thomas, Golladay, DT, Crabtree, Agholor, Higgins , Moncrief
TE: Gronk, Rudy, ASJ, Kittle
DST: LA Rams

Taxi
Guice
Callaway

Comments

• CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,773
    edited December 2
    In the IBL, I need a big night from Wilson & Cook to give you one for the ‘L’ column this week! 😉
  • TheDudeTheDude Posts: 2,159
    I enjoy these, warts and all. It's always easy to brag about the victories.

• wh0urdadywh0urdady Posts: 3,409
    I actually made the playoffs due to Cook getting hurt. The other team that was ahead of me was almost a top 4 score for the week which would have knocked me out as we use victory points and not record.

Taxi
    Guice
    Callaway
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,107
    Came in first in my redraft league. I get a decent amount of bucks just for that with more to come if I win championship. God Bless Lamar Jackson.
  • tmoneytmoney Posts: 854
    6 leagues 5 playoff berths.

Instant Classics dynasty -division winner first round bye. Been riding CMC and D.Henry all year. Added Winston at QB a few weeks ago, who has excellent matchups @Det week 15 and Hou week 16.

Superflexius Maximus Dynasty league - finished 11th last season in the inaugural year. Division winner in 2019 4th seed. Watson has been leading the team, while streaming Brissett, Carr and Minshew at the superflex. Added Edelman at the deadline, since my WRs are young and haven’t reached their full potential.

League of Extremely Calculated Drafters - 16 team dynasty league - 6th seed. Got a lot of lucky breaks in week to week matchups, especially dealing with some key injuries throughout the year.

10 team keeper league with Idp. Despite keeping Conner over Dalvin Cook I’m the 4th seed here. Need Hilton and Julio to come back so I don’t need to rely on a patchwork WR corp.

32 team redraft league. - limping into the playoffs thanks to some early season success. Not looking promising for a deep playoff run.

DC 2 dynasty- finished in first place for next years draft.
  • TheDudeTheDude Posts: 2,159
    I guess I should report as well...

Main Cookie dynasty league - Overall scoring leader, 9-3, first round bye. Cook and CMC plus Hooper (I hope he gets healthy real quick) and a rotation of WR: Tyreek, Golladay, Thielen, Deebo, Gallup and McLaurin

IBL Redraft - Started off slugish. Came on in the end. Second tier for the playoffs. Not bad.

Second dynasty league - Missed the playoffs by one spot. In the lottery for the 1.01

IDP deep roster league - Sucked all year. Started off badly, stayed that way. Rebuilding.

SleeperU Test Post league - 9-3 no first round bye. Kito and Wh0urdady standing in my way

Instant Classics II - Defending champion. I won the 1.01 and traded for the 1.01. WooHOO

The U Dynasty - Middling 6-7 and missed playoffs by one spot

The League of Calculated Drafters - Missed the playoffs by one spot in a 16 team league. Ugh

Reddit Relegation League Redraft - Awful. Just awful. If I don't do well in the consolation bracket in danger of going down a step.

Yahoo Local League Redraft - ZERO and 13. Yep. I couldn't win a single MF'ing game. Not one.

Just a real mixed bag of results. 2 - 8 for the playoffs

• Strange year, for sure!
  • So many 1st and 2nd rd busts
    Weak waiver wire ALL year
    Really no late round gems, Lamar only?
    Recent studs became duds

Just a strange year!
  • Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 2,738
    Biggest waivers this season that came out of nowhere was probably Darren Waller & Mark Andrews. Currently TE #2 and #3 on the year. Neither were drafted in my leagues. I was fortunate to be able to grab Waller after Hunter Henry got injured first game of the season.
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on.
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,107
    I drafted Andrews as my backup TE. I wound up starting him full time over Ertz after a few weeks of duds. I’ve been flexing Ertz and OBJ for a while now. At this point Ertz is my full time flex and OBJ has been benched. Freddie Kitchens doesn’t know how to get the most out of his one-time elite WR. Ertz is one of the few weapons on the Eagles. No brainer.
  • wh0urdadywh0urdady Posts: 3,409
    McLaurin was a good waiver hit until
    Haskins. DJ Chark and Parker have been fire.

Taxi
    Guice
    Callaway
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 11,680
    Waller was a gem for some. Patriots defense out of the blue. CMC and Lamar took ordinary teams to the playoffs. And who knew QB was the position of glass, everyone dropping like flies. Minshew, Allen, Lock and Tannehill will all be starters for their respective teams next year. Names we never gave second thought too. So much for the big 4 in RBs.. Only one kept his word, Zeke has been average, and Kamara much like Barkley disappointed owners. Oh what a season.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • So many 1st and 2nd rd busts
    Weak waiver wire ALL year
    Really no late round gems, Lamar only?
    Recent studs became duds

Just a strange year!

WTCM said:

Waller was a gem for some. Patriots defense out of the blue. CMC and Lamar took ordinary teams to the playoffs. And who knew QB was the position of glass, everyone dropping like flies. Minshew, Allen, Lock and Tannehill will all be starters for their respective teams next year. Names we never gave second thought too. So much for the big 4 in RBs.. Only one kept his word, Zeke has been average, and Kamara much like Barkley disappointed owners. Oh what a season.

Easily the most frustrating and least enjoyable season of fantasy football that I've ever experienced!