fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff (1pm EST) on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

****WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL NFL SUNDAY WEEK 10 THREAD****

Comments

• Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 2,764
    Saquon Barkley is not even in top 10 for RB avg points a game and people still rank him overall #1-#2. Rodgers still in top 10 for a QB while learning a new system and all of a sudden its avoid him in all leagues. Sorry but that amuses me.
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on.
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,109

Saquon Barkley is not even in top 10 for RB avg points a game and people still rank him overall #1-#2. Rodgers still in top 10 for a QB while learning a new system and all of a sudden its avoid him in all leagues. Sorry but that amuses me.

So you take him on your team then. I’ll take Lamar Jackson and beat you every time. You don’t get points for what a guy did years before. If a guy has a monster game it’ll skew his avg. take away that one game he had and he’s likely middle of the pack.
    edited November 11

So you take him on your team then. I’ll take Lamar Jackson and beat you every time. You don’t get points for what a guy did years before. If a guy has a monster game it’ll skew his avg. take away that one game he had and he’s likely middle of the pack.
    Im not saying I rank him above Lamar Jackson. Im not an idiot. But not everyone can have Lamar Jackson on their team. Also I love how you assume someone can't beat a team that has Lamar as their QB if they have Rodgers as theirs. This ego isnt a good look for you.
    edited November 11
    Aaron Rodgers finished #6 last fantasy season in avg points. Currently learning a new system and games without his star WR. I think Rodgers will remain a good option for people. Lot of people play in 12-14 team leagues. Not everyone can have the cream of the crop. I just disagree Rodgers is to be avoided in all leagues. My opinion isnt right or wrong nor are anyones that is saying avoid Rodgers next year.

Aaron Rodgers finished #6 last fantasy season in avg points. Currently learning a new system and games without his star WR. I think Rodgers will remain a good option for people. Lot of people play in 12-14 team leagues. Not everyone can have the cream of the crop. I just disagree Rodgers is to be avoided in all leagues. My opinion isnt right or wrong nor are anyones that is saying avoid Rodgers next year.

That’s cool. He’s old now and Packers play different style of offense this year. I started Daniel Jones this week. Do you wanna look up how that turned out for me?
  • Smitty said:

What a crappy week in so many ways.

Very crappy. Brees shafted me very well.

That’s cool. He’s old now and Packers play different style of offense this year. I started Daniel Jones this week. Do you wanna look up how that turned out for me?
    Not sure where you going with this conversation bringing up Daniel Jones but im not going to argue over opinions. Its just opinions. Your ego is something else atm
    edited November 12
    My point is this is a new world now. Gone are the days of Brees, ARod, Big Ben, Brady, Rivers, etc. This is now changing of the guard. Wilson. Mahomes. Lamar. Watson. These are the new top QBs. Guys like ARod are middle of the pack. If you held ARod because “he’s ARod!” all this time not much likely happened for you this year. I didn’t worry about names, just situations.

My point is this is a new world now. Gone are the days of Brees, ARod, Big Ben, Brady, Rivers, etc. This is now changing of the guard. Wilson. Mahomes. Lamar. Watson. These are the new top QBs. Guys like ARod are middle of the pack. If you held ARod because “he’s ARod!” all this time not much likely happened for you this year. I didn’t worry about names, just situations.

I have never said Rodgers is above any of those QBs lol
  • G_Men said:

WTCM said:

Aaron Rodgers back to a pumpkin! Avoid in all leagues next year!

Good real life QB, overrated fantasy QB.

Panthers are 29th in the league at stopping the run. Opposing team average 136 ypg against them. So logically its wise to run on them rather than have A-Rod throw against a good secondary. Rodgers wasn't a pumpkin, its smart game planning by LaFleur.

Who cares about gameplan? Please stop defending his fantasy value, he’s not worth it!
    LOL... Here here!

Same goes for that POS ("Oh... I'm not thinking about my contract") Dak Prescott. That sucker doesn't even look for Zeke any longer. He prefers to force the ball into tight coverage rather than throw the dump pass to wide open Zeke who is better with the ball than any WR. Glad I sat Zeke and Barkley, although, Kamara became a forgotten man thanks to that vaunted O-Line and Defense
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Stafford, Minshew / RB - Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D.Cook, Samuels, Mattison, Pollard, J.Hill
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, Godwin, M.Williams, AJBrown, Chark / TE - OJ.Howard, M.Andrews. Dissly, Hockenson, Gesicki, J.Smith
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
  • Josh Gordon with a catch!

• Josh Gordon with a catch!

Snagged him off the trash heap
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Stafford, Minshew / RB - Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D.Cook, Samuels, Mattison, Pollard, J.Hill
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, Godwin, M.Williams, AJBrown, Chark / TE - OJ.Howard, M.Andrews. Dissly, Hockenson, Gesicki, J.Smith
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
  • Russell Wilson is about to lose another game by throwing an interception on the goal line.

Seahawks win. Was a very entertaining game!
  • I don't remember that many possession changes in an overtime.
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,463
    That was a good game.
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 11,697
    G_Men said:

WTCM said:

Aaron Rodgers back to a pumpkin! Avoid in all leagues next year!

Good real life QB, overrated fantasy QB.

Panthers are 29th in the league at stopping the run. Opposing team average 136 ypg against them. So logically its wise to run on them rather than have A-Rod throw against a good secondary. Rodgers wasn't a pumpkin, its smart game planning by LaFleur.

Who cares about gameplan? Please stop defending his fantasy value, he’s not worth it!
    It was the reason for the low production. Knowing how to play the matchup would avoid a poor outing. I'm a Vikings fan, not defending Aaron Rodgers, but this was simple common sense.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,987
    What explains the rest of the year? Outside his one low attempts, high TD game. You don’t draft rodgers to play matchups. I’m curious to see the records of teams who own Rodgers vs teams that own Winston/Ryan

That’s my whole point
  • G_Men said:

What explains the rest of the year? Outside his one low attempts, high TD game. You don’t draft rodgers to play matchups. I’m curious to see the records of teams who own Rodgers vs teams that own Winston/Ryan

That’s my whole point

I subscribe to the late round qb philosophy, so I'd be surprised if someone that drafts a qb early has a better record. I think the problem is how early he's drafted, which was lower this year, so it's not that bad. However I avoided him completely in the draft because of his first 5 opponents.

Last week was bad. This week was good. He just wasn't the one that got the tds this game. I'll take a guy that can March a team down the field who misses some tds inside the 10 vs a qb that flings it all over the place like Winston.
    Agreed.. I’d probably trade Winston for Rodgers straight up in Redraft. Why is that crazy? Name recognition?
    Through play Sunday, Packers’ Aaron Rodgers ranked sixth among fantasy quarterbacks with 220.8 total fantasy points but only has finished among the top 12 QBs in three weeks out of 10 on the season.
    G_Men said:

Through play Sunday, Packers’ Aaron Rodgers ranked sixth among fantasy quarterbacks with 220.8 total fantasy points but only has finished among the top 12 QBs in three weeks out of 10 on the season.

Boom
    edited November 12
    Crazy how some people are still making comments about A. Rodgers. There is no right or wrong with opinions on what he will be in the future.
  • What a great buying opportunity for Arod next year. I’ll certainly be looking to buy.
    edited November 12
    I’m just offering insight.. if you buy him, don’t pay 4th round (redraft) value

Crazy how some people are still making comments about A. Rodgers. There is no right or wrong with opinions on what he will be in the future.

Not saying your opinion doesn’t matter, I’m merely supporting some stats to back up mine.

Next year circumstances could change again. Their defense could regress.. their run game could regress.. I’m talking this year when people are saying he’s still a top 5 fantasy QB.

The entire point of me bringing it up is to point out he’s been overdrafted for a couple years now. He’s still one of the elite real life QBs and is fun to watch when he’s needed to catch up in a game. I enjoy watching when they’re down 14 in the 4th quarter, you know he’s good for 400 yard games. It just doesn’t happen often enough to warrant his draft capital.
    edited November 13
    G_Men said:

Not saying your opinion doesn’t matter, I’m merely supporting some stats to back up mine.

Next year circumstances could change again. Their defense could regress.. their run game could regress.. I’m talking this year when people are saying he’s still a top 5 fantasy QB.

The entire point of me bringing it up is to point out he’s been overdrafted for a couple years now. He’s still one of the elite real life QBs and is fun to watch when he’s needed to catch up in a game. I enjoy watching when they’re down 14 in the 4th quarter, you know he’s good for 400 yard games. It just doesn’t happen often enough to warrant his draft capital.
    Who is saying he is top 5 QB?
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 1,463
    G_Men said:

That’s my whole point

8-2
    Rodgers is my backup. Jackson is my starter.
    Winston/Ryan owner is 1-8-1.